BlackBerry Employee Reviews

Vvery good place to work
Laboratory Technician (Former Employee) –  Waterloo, ON23 February 2017
I was working at day shift - some time overtime
I learned to operate soo many different equipment
Management was very friendly
The most enjoyable part of the job was learn new stuff.
Pros
They give a training to all employe
Cons
Production moved to overseas
People and work were great, management sucked...
RF Engineering Lab Manager (Former Employee) –  Waterloo, ON15 February 2017
-Management drove the company int the ground.
-Benefits and salary were good.
-People were great.
-Work was interesting.
Pros
People, salary, benefits, interesting work...
Cons
Gross mismanagement...
NOC - Amazing Learning Opportunity
Network Operations Center Student (Former Employee) –  Waterloo, ON9 January 2017
Typical day at work involved handling and troubleshooting failures in network and/or infrastructure.

Co-op role was given a free leash by the end of the year and lots of responsibilities. It was an informal environment with friendly coworkers and loads to learn and apply. Ideas were appreciated and if one is willing to put efforts, it is acknowledged.
One of the best work place you will ever work
Software Developer (Co-op) (Former Employee) –  Fredericton, NB5 January 2017
- Mostly you will only work with regular full-time hours.
- All developer members are professional about Java and you can learn improve your Java knowledge significantly.
- OOP principles, unit testing, and actual testing, every knowledge which allows you to improve your programming skill can be gained from here.
- Every Friday, people play board games at lunch time and you are welcome to join it anytime.
Pros
Wonderful teammate, well scheduled work hours, fun activities
Cons
There were no Cons
Fantastic Company
Business Partner Technical Support (Former Employee) –  Halifax, NS5 January 2017
Great work ethic, treated us well. I was on a work permit and they happily offered me a position.

Pay was fantastic and perks were also good. Free BlackBerry and Laptop as well.
Pros
Fantastic Teams
Cons
Bit out of the way.
Fun and Exciting Experience
Back Line Team Analyst (Co-op) (Current Employee) –  Waterloo, ON14 December 2016
Everyday is a new day because everyday is a new challenge which makes me more technically refined, experienced and knowledgeable at the end of the day.
Working hour flexible, very quite environment
VPN and Network Security Developer (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON13 December 2016
A lot of Empty spaces due to tons of layoff. If you get hired at this moment, you pretty much secure your job.

People are chill and smart. One thing I do not like was most of developers were just doing work. They barely have social events.
Loved my job at BlackBerry
SOFTWARE SYSTEMS ANALYST (Former Employee) –  Waterloo, ON19 November 2016
Really enjoyed working at BlackBerry and had great job satisfaction. Unfortunately the last couple of years job security was up and down which lowered morale of my peers.
I was good on the early years.
Product Verification Specialist (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON8 November 2016
The work environment was great when I start at Blackberry. Good balance between work and personal life. Great project to work and great people. Unfortunately at the and end the lay offs make the work environment very depressing.
Pros
good salary and benifits
Cons
bad work environment
active and smart people
RF Design and Test Intern (Former Employee) –  Waterloo, ON31 October 2016
Great and rich company and of course very generous.
I really enjoyed working with smart collegues in the group of Advanced Concept.
Typical Corporate Environment, Out of Touch Management
Radio Embedded Software Developer (Former Employee) –  Waterloo, ON8 October 2016
Too much offloading of management's responsibilities onto the bottom of the chain. Mismanagement leads to collapse. Used to be a thriving, booming company, but got too caught up in it's own echo chamber to see the collapse that seemed obvious to anyone in the lower tiers.
Amazing place to work
Warehouse Operator (Current Employee) –  Cambridge, ON6 October 2016
very friendly professional people top work with, i enjoyed all of my years there and have developed valuable work experience through the many jobs i shifted through.
Software Engineer in Test
Software Development Engineer in Test (Contract) (Former Employee) –  Kanata, ON5 October 2016
I worked as a contractor at Blackberry's Kanata offices. I had a great 6 months there. The co-workers were top notch and the work was really technically advanced compared to my previous jobs. The environment was what you would expect from software development shops, there was a daily standup and backlog boards. My co-workers were intense but in a laid back way, if that makes sense. It was a no nonsense type of place. I can't think of any "hardest" parts of the job, as I liked going there every work day. What I liked about the job was the care Blackberry took to provide its workers with the tools and support they needed to get things done
Pros
Cafeteria, ergonomic consultants, quiet environment
Cons
Kanata offices did not have many amenities in the neighbourhood
It is owesome company
Software Tester Student (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON2 October 2016
My previous company, Blackberry, is so nice company that provided lots of opportunities for employees to improve themselves. And the managers and team lead are very nice people.
Fun place to work
Software Interoperability Test Specialist (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON29 September 2016
A typical day at work would be full of stress and a lot to do in less time. I personally learned lots of personal skills including time management and communication.
Pros
Employee perks were really good!
A very good Job
Board Repair Operator (Former Employee) –  Waterloo, ON21 September 2016
BlackBerry was a great place to work at. The people were friendly and helpful. We had a great time there. The pay and benefits were very good.
Management were easy to work for. They cared about their people.
Pros
Good Pay, Good People
Cons
They cut jobs
Stressful all the time
Quality Analyst (Current Employee) –  Waterloo, ON20 September 2016
Senior Leadership is very deceptive. They continuously tell you what you want to hear and say it is the truth, all the time setting you up for failure. Promising things they never deliver. Always getting you to change job descriptions and sign new contracts to keep your job even though you are full-time, to cut benefits, cut wages, and make it easier to layoff. Giving huge bonuses to senior leadership and raises and stock options, while freezing wages and cutting bonuses from middle management and below.
Pros
good benefits for now
Cons
Always worried about layoffs
Dead company.
Engineer (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON4 September 2016
don't work for blackberry. dead company with no vision. management is incompetent. company is dead within 2 years. jump ship! overpaid execs. Avoid like the plague
Pros
Cons
too many to list
Blackberry
Electronic Assembler (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, ON1 September 2016
At Blackberry it was a wonderful journey working in the highly paced environment of one of the leading company in the world.
The learning process was very efficient as training department was engaged in offering on job training and also development courses. The company also offered external courses.
We worked as a team and achieved many milestones. The working environment was incredible and left many memorable memories of co-workers.
The hardest part of the job when company downfall started and many employees lost their jobs.
We most enjoyable part when we reach the highest number of customers subscribe Blackberry BBM.
Pros
Best benefits, RRSP match
Cons
No growth
No job security.
Project Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Waterloo, ON30 August 2016
Company lacks long term vision, is just a former shell of the company it once was.

I'd be careful before accepting a job here unless you are desperate.

4.2