BlackBerry

BlackBerry Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Good
Global Order Support Representative (Former Employee), Waterloo, ONJuly 21, 2015
Great place to be at, opportunity given to all employees to excel. I enjoy working there.
Productive fun place to work
Software Testing Specialist (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONJuly 16, 2015
Pros: Ice cream fridays
Cons: Stay back longer hours to meet deadlines for SRR
Worked on BB Web Works and other Eclipse based projects at RIM. Ran test cases for smoke, regression, release testing for projects on HP QC or MKS Integrity. Logged defects in DevTrack, JIRA tools and followed up with development for testing on new features and verify issues. Participated in team building event and other fun activities during the term at BlackBerry.
Fun work place
Software Test Specialist II (Current Employee), Ottawa, ONJuly 9, 2015
Pros: Work-life balance is good in this company, relatively flexible working hours, very encouraging work environment, competitive salary with good benefits, it still has some great people left
Cons: Senior Management has been changed frequently, Sometimes make poor management decisions
Very good place to work if you want work/life balance. Work-life balance is good in this company, relatively flexible working hours, very encouraging work environment, competitive salary with good benefits, it still has some great people left.
Workplace that gets the best out of you
Wireless Protocol Tester (Intern) (Former Employee), Waterloo, ONJuly 8, 2015
Member of Inter-operability Testing (IOT) group assigned various projects related to LTE, HSPA, UMTS, E-EDGE & EDGE, GPRS & GSM testing on BlackBerry devices. Major tasks included test case creation using 3GPP specifications, device log analysis and carrying out test cases on prototype and current devices.
Created test cases for IOT requirements on LTE by researching LTE specifications.
Analysis of defects (e.g. Call drop, device reset etc) using methods such as observing device and network logs as well as in house graphical tools.
Defect Reporting & Analysis using MKS Integrity and DevTrack clients. Defect resolution through co-ordination with developers and senior IOT team members
Energetic and fun place to work at with terrific co-workers
Logistics Analyst - Freight Cost and Audit (Current Employee), Waterloo, ONJuly 2, 2015
A fantastic company with an abundance of talented professional co-workers. BlackBerry has a fast-paced work environment but is flexible and fair towards their employees.
Great place for learning/improving skills
Hardware Designer (Former Employee), Kitchener, ONJune 30, 2015
Pros: Great people
Cons: Job security
Great people to work with.
I miss so much working at BlackBerry.
Not sure if I will ever find the same level of fun and enjoyment from any job in the future.
productive
Electronic Assembler (Former Employee), Waterloo, ONJune 29, 2015
Blackberry is a great company to work for, had great people to work with, and is a very clean and safe enviorment.The benefits were amazing and the work was fair.
BlackBerry is a great place to work in, especially the culture and people.
Business Systems Analyst (Current Employee), Waterloo, ONJune 26, 2015
Pros: lots of room for self development and training
Cons: unstable industry
The experience and knowledge gained at Blackberry is invaluable. The culture and people make you feel at home and makes you want to work hard for the excess of the company.
Working for RIM was probably the greatest factory job a person could ask for. I LOVED working there
Quality Control Tester (Former Employee), Waterloo. ONJune 24, 2015
I worked at RIM for several years and quickly moved my way up the latter. I started as a line worker and ended up moving into quality control. I worked there to save for school and that's exactly what I did. Hardest part of my job was the switching 2 weeks days 2 weeks nights, but we were treated great!
Nice place to work
DSP Test Developer (Audio), internship (Former Employee), Waterloo,ONJune 23, 2015
I used to work as a coop at Blackberry. I love the relatively free business culture and people there. I learned lots of skills, like programming, testing, communication and etc.
Productive and Fun Environment
Process & Functional Analyst - Sales & Finance (Current Employee), Waterloo,ONJune 22, 2015
Working in a large company definitely has its usual perks, but easy to grow within the company. Working at BlackBerry i was able to grow within and expand on my professional skill and experiences
bad management
Hardware Design Technician (Former Employee), waterlooJune 18, 2015
-bad management team. going trough lay off process every end of quarter
-nobody takes responsibility for mistakes
-not able in 10 years to design their processor. relying on Qualcom solution so the designers were actually doing only design verification job.
Good place to work in early years, not a secure place now
Manager, Supply Chain Excellence (Former Employee), Waterloo, ONJune 17, 2015
Pros: Compensation and benefits were very good
Cons: Insecurity of the job due to massive lay offs, long hours
Very challenging, with very long hours and heavy workload during the expansion years.

Improved a lot on processes and procedures during the years, learned something new every day

Management changed often that affected company performance, sometimes I felt they were looking more for personal interests rather than company interests, which reflected on company perfomance on the last years

Co-workers very profesional and good work conduct, not a friendly place though

Most enjoyable part was the travelling to different manufacturing locations, working closely with colleagues from other departments, knowing them better, learning about different sides of the business
Commodity Manager (Current Employee), WATERloo, onJune 15, 2015
Pros: Decent place but needs to improve more.
Cons: Decent place but needs to improve more.
Decent place but needs to improve more.
Middle management should improve more.
Decent place but needs to improve more.
Middle management should improve more.
Good experience
Software Tester Associate, Co-op (Former Employee), Waterloo, ONJune 8, 2015
Pros: solid teams, good pay
Cons: company is not stable and might do layovers any time
As an intern, they paid really well and taught me a lot.
The people there are great and the work environment is very collaborative.
Productive place to work
Senior Buyer, Commodities, Senior Tooling Buyer (Current Employee), Waterloo, OntarioJune 8, 2015
Blackberry is an excellent place to work. Unfortunately sales have declined and in turn, the workforce has as well.

I learned a lot while working here. i am fluent in many areas of supply chain and manufacturing.

The hardest part about leaving Blackberry is my coworkers... but, i look forward to a change and new opportunities!
A great place to work with no opportunities for growth
Sr. Manager, Global Systems Test Engineering (Current Employee), Waterloo, ONJune 2, 2015
Pros: Recognition
Cons: Uncertainity
- Really satisfied with the accomplishments
- Set up new test teams, processes
- Responsible for delivering many successful handheld devices
- Responsible for managing large time on site and off shore
- Been part of BlackBerry's long turn around process
a great place to work
Configuration Management Specialist (Former Employee), Waterloo, ONMay 30, 2015
I learned so much in 12 years at BlackBerry.I enjoyed working with every one there. Lots of great people in the company. I worked with many teams and released so many BlackBerry products.
N/A
Software Test Specialist (Former Employee), Ottawa, ONMay 26, 2015
Too many re-organization happened in the company...Comparing with lots of testers, I always got either exceed or solid meet in my annul performance review, but still got laid off.
same as blackberry
Internship (Former Employee), waterloo,onMay 23, 2015
Pros: work culture
Cons: unstable
pays good, benefit good, vacation is easily granted, RIM days are good. just not stable... john in the bad days... learned my first profession

1 2 3 4 5

About BlackBerry

At BlackBerry, you can change the face of technology. A career with us means you can truly reach your full potential.

BlackBerry Photos