BlackBerry®, a global leader in wireless innovation, revolutionized the mobile industry with the introduction of the BlackBerry® solution in 1999. Today, BlackBerry products and services are used by millions of customers around the world to stay connected to the people and content that matter most throughout their day. Founded in 1984 and based in Waterloo, Ontario, RIM operates offices in North America, Europe, Asia Pacific and Latin America. For more information, visit www.blackberry.com.
The Blackberry Wireless Group within BlackBerry’s Software Organization is responsible for all radio networking technologies including WLAN, cellular, and associated frameworks across our BlackBerry Platform. Output from the BlackBerry Wireless Group is leveraged across handheld, tablet, automotive, and other consumers of the BlackBerry software platform. Within the BlackBerry Wireless Group, we currently have an exciting opportunity for a Senior Software Developer on our WLAN team.
The WLAN team provides leading edge 802.11 radio software for BlackBerry's products. As a member of the WLAN radio development group, you will be working directly with other embedded software developers to design, implement, and test software for the 802.11 radio driver as well as related 802.11 services. You will also be exposed to key areas of development such as WLAN Security, Bluetooth coexistence, the TCP/IP protocol stack, WLAN multimedia applications, and WLAN certification. Working in this dynamic team environment, you will be challenged to find creative solutions to complex problems and will have ample opportunity to showcase your skills as an embedded software developer. Join us, and play a key role in developing WLAN solutions for current and future generations of BlackBerry products.
The WLAN software developer is responsible for a range of development activities across the BlackBerry platform.
- Integration, development, and stabilization of 802.11 wireless Ethernet drivers
- Developing extensions to networking functionality to support new innovations including P2P, Mobile Hotspot, Voice over IP, and other upcoming WLAN Alliance technologies
- Work with other development groups where networking features interact with other operating system services and applications.
- Optimization of the BlackBerry networking platform both for throughput performance and power characteristics
- Work with the Core Networking, IMS, BlackBerry I/O, and Cellular teams to investigate and resolve cross component networking issues.
- Work with the WLAN Certification and IOT team to resolve issues of WLAN interoperability and performance tests.
ESSENTIAL SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- 8+ years of experience working with real time embedded systems
- 5+ years of experience in wireless technologies
- Strong background in IP networking
- Strong background in system analysis and design
- Excellent spoken and written communication skills
- Extensive C/C++ programming
- Experience with QNX an asset