HR Project Manager
The Project Manager will develop the project strategy, which includes planning and scheduling to ensure that all the necessary project components and deliverables will be met. You will plan, organize, lead and monitor the activities of a highly-functioning project team while maintaining overall control of the schedule and the execution of all the expected milestones, seeking approval when necessary. The Project Manager will work directly with an internal global team as well as (at times) vendors and third party partners to develop joint project plans for our integration projects.
- You are passionate about delivering solutions of quality on schedule.
- You are responsible for the appropriate application of project management methodologies to successfully drive project deliverables and initiatives.
- You are proactive by nature and anticipate problems before they occur to head them off. Whether during planning or executing, you are constantly looking for signs that assistance is required and taking action to help your project team.
- Your natural inclination is to build relationships. Whether that be with your Sponsor, business leads, project teams, technical support, vendors or COE’s, you are able to adapt your approach depending on the situation and the style needs warranted.
- You are responsible for providing project management leadership to embed project management skills within the HR team through mentoring, coaching, role modeling and the embodiment of the BOLD values.
- You are confident in planning and submitting recommendations to resolve discrepancies, taking action on issues of non-compliance, and keeping lines of communication open among all project stakeholders.
- You are comfortable with a variety of project management methodologies to track deliverables, milestones and change requests as well as providing regular status updates and prompt resolution of issues.
- You are flexible in your approach to ensure optimal results for the company are achieved.
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- PMP or PRINCE2 designation.
- Proven success within a PMO.
- Expertise with project management tools (MS Project, Excel, Outlook).
- 5+ years of hands-on experience in delivering technical and non-technical projects/programs.
- Ability to lead ad hoc teams of bright and highly motivated individuals.
- Team player with proven ability to facilitate project delivery with high-functioning teams.
- Highly developed and influential communication, facilitation and presentation skills.
- Strong organization and time management skills.
- Proven leadership, influence and negotiation skills.
- Ability to effectively and realistically apply structured Project Management methodologies while demonstrating flexibility to meet BlackBerry’s needs.
- Experience working in a Human Resources environment preferred
- Experience managing global project teams would be an asset.