Black Cat Blades Ltd. is an ISO 9001 Certified manufacturer and international supplier of quality ground engaging tools for construction, mining and road maintenance industries.
Black Cat Blades Ltd. is currently seeking a dedicated Journeyman (Millwright and/or Electrician and/or Machinist) to join our Maintenance team. Note: We will also consider 3rd and 4th year apprentices to fill the position.
Reporting to the Manufacturing Technical Manager, the Journeyman performs repairs and maintenance to production equipment such as, but not limited to, heat treat furnaces, CNC machines, punch presses, cutting table saws and forklifts.
- Rebuilds, repairs and installs gear boxes, motors, pumps and conveyors
- Fits bearings, aligns gears and shafts, attaches motors and connects couplings and belts
- Operates rigging equipment and dollies to place machinery, equipment and parts in place
- Aligns and tests equipment and performs any necessary adjustments
- Troubleshoots hydraulic, pneumatic and programmable logic controls
- Helps design and fabricate new production equipment
- Adheres to Health & Safety standards for ensuring a safe work environment
- Follows maintenance program and helps with continuous improvement and development of the department
The ideal candidate must possess:
- A registered Journeyman’s ticket or be in the 3rd or 4th year of the trade
- A strong mechanical aptitude
- The ability to read diagrams and schematic drawings to determine work procedures
- Strong communication skills
- A commitment to safety
- Teamwork skills and a want to make a difference attitude
- Own tools
Skills considered an asset:
- Machining skills
- Innovation and Organization skills
Candidates must be flexible to work various shifts up to 12 hours in length.
We offer a competitive compensation package which includes a comprehensive group benefit plan and an RRSP company matched contribution program. Employees will be trained for progression through skill levels associated with potential wage increases.