Black Box Network Services

• Salary/Benefits
RF Engineer (Current Employee), Richardson, TXMarch 1, 2015

Not what you'd expect
Project Coordonator (Current Employee), Nashville, TNFebruary 26, 2015
Cons: bad pay, poor management, terrible team work.
It's a busy workday and they take advantage of you. Communication is terrible from management and they just spring changes on you. I've been a contractor for 9 months. They told me they were hiring me full time after 6 months and keep stringing me along telling me to just be patient.
Face paced invironment
Project Management (Current Employee), New Ipswich, NHJanuary 29, 2015
Pros: customer relations
Cons: lack of home time
My typical day at work requires me to quote projects, once awarded i handle all aspects of the job. I would take care of hiring vendors, taking care of all invoicing and finances including billing.
As a project manager for Black Box I have learned quite a bit. My upper management is superior and very skill set. My co-workers are the best, they will drop what they are doing to help me if needed. The hardest part of my job would be if i am away from my family a month at a time+. The most I enjoy about my job is the benefits, personel, and most of all my customers.
ok Company
Project Coordinator (Current Employee), Nashville, tnJanuary 18, 2015
Needs to get their act together. Very slow in hiring. work is easy and can be done management is wish washy
Resident Systems Support Specialist (RS3)
Resident Systems Support Specialist (RS3) (Former Employee), Fayetteville, NCJanuary 16, 2015
Pros: free gym access, and affordable lunches on base
Cons: away from home 4.5 days a week
As RS3 at Ft. Bragg Army Base in Fayetteville NC, my assignment to monitor, maintain, trouble shoot system problems , and upgrade the CS2100 voice communications system as well the Callegra voice mail system. Part of my day to day responsibilities was to teach the government employees how to program, maintain, data fill & monitor the CS2100 its peripherals and the voice mail systems.

I've learned to interact and teach co-workers even when attempts are made to de-rail your best efforts.

My BBNS management team was the best an employee could ask for.

The most difficult part of my assignment was teaching the government employees that did not want to learn the "new" systems.

The most enjoyable part of the assignment was teaching the employees that were interested and eager to learn how to write trouble shooting programs and scripts.
Good Life-Balance
Manager (Current Employee), Austin, TXNovember 25, 2014
Cool boss and enjoy co-workers. Reasonable expectations so easy to exceed and succeed.
Fast paced environment
Cisco engineer (remote) (Current Employee), Murfreesboro, TNNovember 16, 2014
A typical day consisted of the migration of the current logical and physical network over to newer hardware.
Your experience at Blackbox will only be as good as your project manager.
Network Field Engineer (Current Employee), Various locationsOctober 10, 2014
Pros: a lot of travel................... could be a con for some
Cons: pay was below industry standards, no place for advancement, some people have not gotten a raise in years, no cost of living, nothing.
Blackbox has some good Project Managers and they have some awful ones. Pity you if you get one of the latter. The assignments were OK. Colleagues were pretty cool.
fun, har job
Team Lead for VOIP migration (Former Employee), Nashville, TNOctober 10, 2014
A lot of traveling. Long hours they always send you away to location for a week at a time.
Entrapranuial Environment
Senior Staffing Consultant (Current Employee), RemoteOctober 2, 2014
Pros: work/life balance
Cons: not a leader in the industry
I recruit for sales and the cultural is forever changing within Black Box which makes it fun and challenging.
No place for advancement unless you are the chosen one
Sr Telecommunications Engineer (Current Employee), New YorkSeptember 10, 2014
Pros: decent benifits
Crony filled and a lot of politics. They use the corporate veil to protect their biases. Co-workers are petty and undermining. Work is not hard just the people. The most enjoyable part of the job is customer satisfaction
Dell Computers Contractor (Current Employee), Austin, TXSeptember 6, 2014
Work from home
Management is great
Typical work day is processing orders for IT
Daily drive 100 miles
Senior Field Technician (Former Employee), Carrollton, TXAugust 29, 2014
Pros: time went fast due to a lot of driving.
Cons: tired of driving.
Daily drive to different company to install or repair per requested.
Loved staying to work with co-workers
Chief Financial Officer (Former Employee), Tempe, AZJuly 16, 2014
Pros: loved working with co-workers
Cons: had to leave
Our Company Datel Communications was sold to this company Black Box. I stayed on to assist as CFO until a new one could be hired but instead they decided to have all accounting done in their corporate office in PA.
Comfortable workplace
Telecommunications/Administrative Assistant ǀ (Current Employee), Scottsdale, AZJuly 16, 2014
It's a daily routine at work everyday. Preparing for upcoming moves making sure that each cubicle that a crew member is moving to has a live port. Placing phones for new hire crew members, troubleshooting a ticket for a crew member that is having problems with their phones or port issues. After moves have been completed, I would close the moves and update any ports that need to be added to the spreadsheet and add assets that are not listed on the move sheet. I learned to work on the phone switch to look for any phones that fall into alarms, then go to troubleshoot why it went into alarm. Programming phones and changing phone types on the phone switch. I'll honestly say that management could have some improvement and my co-workers, they're good to work with. They do a pretty good job on what needs to be done. Hardest part of the job is getting the workers lined up on each job and trying to keep them busy. Some of the workers get confused on what needs to be done and explaining to them that they need to write don what they did on the job. Most enjoyable part of the job is that I get to work on getting ports live for the cubicles or analyzing that when I need to swing a port, I thoroughly look for open ports that I can be swung to where it is needed in case there are no ports available.
I would not recommend working here
HR Administrator (Former Employee), Lawrence, PAJuly 7, 2014
Pros: free lunches
Cons: bad working environment
The job was rather simple. Very tedious. All sorts of projects were made up that involved hours and hours of spreadsheets, when a simple report could have presented the same information.

People are quick to point fingers and throw each other under the bus. Very small quarters and a very old building. They had taken a circular conference room and put eight cubes in it. It was just uncomfortable.
Grat place to work
Buyer / Planner (Former Employee), Lawrence, PAJune 27, 2014
Great place to work! The people and culture were above average. Lots of upper management changes created challenges.
Warehouse with really interesting inventory
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee), Lawrence, PAJune 13, 2014
Pros: free lunches. getting a look at some higher tier networking instruments.
Cons: lack of challenge.
My typical day involved lots of movement around the warehouse.
I learned how to operate different types of fork trucks.
The management was very down to earth.
Co-workers were long standing employees.
Making sure all of the hundreds of orders each day were correctly assembled would be the most difficult thing at this job.
Learning and operating the fork trucks was the most enjoyable part of this job.
One person covering an entire state for a large retailer
Customer Service Technician (Former Employee), StatewideMay 24, 2014
Pros: company vehicle
Cons: lost expenses, don't pay for vacations hours when leaving
On call 24/7 so not very much home life balance.
Immediate manager was fantastic.
Lost expense reports and had to re-file.
Drive 8 to 10 hours to get to one location
Worked 10 months of a year accruing vacation, and when laid off they did not pay my vacation. HR told me we give it to you, but not this year. Even though none was take in 10 months.
Great Company
Network Technician (Former Employee), Greensboro, NCApril 17, 2014
Great company to work with. The Techs and project managers were very knowledgeable and nice. Received excellent training their

1 2 3

About Black Box Network Services

There's no mystery behind how Black Box does business. The company distributes and supports voice and data networking infrastructure. – Read more