Black Box Network Services Employee Reviews

Work here at your own Risk (former employee)
Technician (Former Employee) –  United States12 November 2016
I worked here for many years, I did advance in the field but capped out there. Not going to advance unless you're family or have the right last name. Management was unprofessional towards field techs. Most techs weren't given the opportunity to advance period. EMPTY PROMISES from the beginning.
Pros
Meet new people, see some cool places
Cons
Pay, union, benefits, management, life
Productive and fun place to work
Lead Technician (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OH27 September 2016
A typical day for me was installing telephone and computer cabling and equipment. I enjoyed working with all of the people that i worked with from co workers to management to customers. the hardest part of the job for me was being put in charge on my fist job due to this was the company that i had my start in this business. the most enjoyable part for me was working in various places meeting new people and getting the respect from my co workers or my work ethics.
Pros
great place to work
Cons
N/A
Lacks direction and organization
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Ashburn Va15 February 2017
Lacks direction and organization. Current support standards are outdated. In order to complete projects requires too much red tape and too many hands are involved to gain approval. No immediate supervisory support.
Excellent knowledge of telecommunications
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Arlington, TX17 January 2017
Strong technical workforce with diverse industry knowledge in planning through implementation. Product portfolio allows growth and knowledge of cutting edge technology.
Pros
Stable environment
Good Company Leadership for Innovation and Progression
Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Seoul, KR1 February 2017
Work Life Balance is highly encouraged. Leadership supports family first mentality and a positive team work based environment. Company is small enough to interface with VPs.
Unstable IT Department
Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  Lawrence, PA17 February 2017
Nice group of people to work with, although workforce is mostly consultants. They were cutting many of their IT workforce, so job security was lacking.
Pros
Free lunch, friendly coworkers
Cons
not very much job security
fast paced
Project Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Austin, TX19 January 2017
it is a great place to work if you like fast paced, and time dead lines. in a typical day I take calls, answer emails, attend meeting and use the computer for our internal ticking system.
benefits
No Comment
Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Kansas26 December 2016
Here is my review for the previous company Black Box Network Service that was located in North Kansas City Missouri. I rather not make any comment at this point in time.
On-Site Technician (Former Employee) –  Richardson, TX13 February 2017
Had no problems with this company. Management is very responsive and helpful. If you are looking for a great company to work for go ahead and apply now.
terrible management
Cable tech (Former Employee) –  Chandler, AZ8 March 2016
Did work for Black Box as a temp for 10 months at the 2 Intel facilities in Chandler Az.
Management is just an unprofessional group of people.
Temps rate way below any professional courtesy.
PMs are all females with no field experience in the cable industry and run the day to day operations.
Family members are hired and never get layed off or fired.
I had requested meetings with management several times to discuss some field issues and never got a response back.
This whole unprofessional group needs to be disbanded as they are a detriment to the company.
If only Intel knew what was going on?
That's my next step to notify Intel IT Dept and discuss with them exactly what goes on here.
Glad I'm out!
Pros
Cons
unprofessional management
Absolutely No Place for advancement, or anything
Accounting (Former Employee) –  Murfreesboro, TN26 February 2016
This company has no regard or respect for their employees, low pay, even lower raises, executives are compensated well.....but not the workers. Terrible HR dept, in my years there they had 2 harassment lawsuits, and another possible one coming down the pike. They did not care about people's hygiene, work ethic or anything.
Pros
Kind of flexible
Cons
All of the above
Never trust this company or the management
Sales (Former Employee) –  US11 May 2016
Black Box stock down almost 10% today. This is a trend that will not stop until upper management gets slashed. It will be difficult for the new CEO to see thru the smoke but sales will continue to decline with this leadership in place. You are nothing but a pencil, desk, or nameless employee to this group. From a sales perspective new job seekers should run from this company because you will be lied to, will not get any useful training and be grilled every week on production but offer no help. Also get ready for sales force. It is a great tool but the executives at BB think it can sell. It can't. It is a tool for the BB managers to track their lack of sales. For the shareholders were you told "we have taken action on the mid-enterprise group"? What they mean to say is they fired some of the most talented sales people in the industry, highest producers in the company, but were able to report they took action. Their action is showing in the stock price. Run investors Run.
Pros
One BB is a good idea
Cons
Horrible management at corporate and in the field
Enjoyed working with sales and implementation team - very positive experience
Enterprise Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Johns Creek, GA23 October 2015
Management was very supportive in helping to close new business. Has an excellent team of project managers that work hard at getting complex implementations completed.
Pros
Remote working enviornment, great product training from vendor partners
Cons
Branch offices often competed for same accounts
The work itself was great and wish there was more of it; management direction was unpredictable
Wireless site survey technician (Former Employee) –  travel; San Mateo, CA1 September 2015
Despite satisfying work assignments and pleasant client work sites, the day to day supervision was mercurial and unpredictable. Apparently contradictory instructions were not unusual.
Pros
travel to assignments; work itself was great; clients are universally friendly
Cons
Incomplete and contradictory task directions; unpredictable future
Black Box Network Services
Project Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TN9 November 2015
In my estimation, I see way too much turn over and not enough personal interaction with the employees from upper management. I believe the lack of concern from management led to the high turn over.
Pros
laid back
Cons
always changing your role
Excellent Contracting company
Senior Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TX8 December 2015
Very good place to work. The customer comes first and there is a great deal of flexibility allowed to make that happen. Keep projects on time and on budget and the benefits are great.
Good people to work with.
Tech II (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CA12 November 2015
I had only worked a little under 2 years with them, but it was a great experience. All of the support team were willing and able to help out when needed.
Pros
I was all ways able to contact someone who could help, if i needed it.
Cons
Travel was hard.
Room to Grow
Client Liaison (Former Employee) –  Tallahassee, FL15 September 2015
Started out as inventory assistant and was loving that work. When the company I worked for was bought by Black Box, they trained and moved me to a new position that integrated what I had learned before and layered that with a whole new Customer Service position. Love Black Box.
FLEXIABLE WORKING HOURS BUT LACK OF ADVANCEMENT OPPORTUNITY
A/R (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TN15 April 2015
I work in billing department. learned invoicing in Great Plains- accounting software. I get along great with co-workers. I have made many friends. We work together well as a team. The most enjoyable part of the job is that I know my job well and it is not stressful. The hardest part of the job is that not having enough challenge. I feel that I have more to offer to the company with my skill set.
Face paced invironment
Project Management (Current Employee) –  New Ipswich, NH29 January 2015
My typical day at work requires me to quote projects, once awarded i handle all aspects of the job. I would take care of hiring vendors, taking care of all invoicing and finances including billing.
As a project manager for Black Box I have learned quite a bit. My upper management is superior and very skill set. My co-workers are the best, they will drop what they are doing to help me if needed. The hardest part of my job would be if i am away from my family a month at a time+. The most I enjoy about my job is the benefits, personel, and most of all my customers.
Pros
customer relations
Cons
lack of home time

2.8