Black & Veatch

Black & Veatch Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Smart & Friendly Workforce
Lead Project Controls Specialist (Current Employee), Overland Park, KSMarch 16, 2015
Pros: solid reputation, good location, growing
Cons: lackluster leadership, risk averse
Fundamentally Black & Veatch is a strong engineering company bolstered by smart and friendly midwestern engineers. Black & Veatch is making strides to expand its engineering business globally. Black & Veatch is more risk averse when expanding its construction business. Black & Veatch suffers under lackluster leadership and unfocused middle-management.
Excellent company for long term carreer.
Senior Project Control Analysis (Former Employee), BangkokMarch 10, 2015
Black&Veatch is a good company for a long term career, you will find a good friend and supervisor right there. They always provide you an opportunity to learn and grow up together.
Great People and Leaders in Pittsburgh
Execution Manager - AT&T Turf Project (Current Employee), Pittsburgh, PAMarch 10, 2015
Great People and Leaders in Pittsburgh - Don't know about the rest of the country. Advancement is tough. Lots of solid people to learn from. Low employee turnover in Pittsburgh.
Productive and Great Place to Work
Senior Recruiter (Current Employee), Conyers, GAMarch 9, 2015
I love helping others advance in their careers and having a hand in shaping the future of our company. The best part of the job is the ability to be innovative and creative.
Conservative engineering firm
Engineering Technician (Current Employee), Ann Arbor, MIFebruary 24, 2015
Pros: a large company who provides interface with many clients
Cons: rate of professional development and technical growth
A typical day at work as an electrical engineering technician consists of general Microstation and AutoCAD text and symbol edits.
Wireless Telecom Project Coordinator
Telecom Project Coordinator (Former Employee), Denver, COFebruary 23, 2015
Pros: enthusiasum to learn new technologies as well as new business procedures.
With a combination of instinct, integrity, trustworthiness, and an openness to learn anything new in any project I’m assigned to. I work hard to complete various assignments and do so with the utmost enthusiasm. I am goal oriented as well as being a team player. I am always punctual, as well as being easygoing and enjoy smiling and laughing. I have demonstrated a strong desire for advancement in the wireless telecommunication arena as well as to be always professional and attentive. Diligent in studying for advancing certifications, attention to detail, devoted to work, but being a real people person. I am well organized, and I keep a sharp eye on the bottom line. I realize too that good customer relations are what make or break a relationship with vendors and clients. I suppose doing well in a career is easy if you are, driven in equal measure by both quality and efficiency with a strong desire to learn and grow further into the future.
Project Coordinator
Project Coordinator (Former Employee), Cerritos, CAFebruary 20, 2015
A typical day would be very stressful. Multi-tasking is a must like any job. Some Co-workers were difficult to deal with due to personality incompatibilities.
Great company to work for
Site Acquisition Manager (Former Employee), Walnut Creek, CAFebruary 9, 2015
Pros: good opportunities to learn skills and increase knowledge of chosen field.
Cons: project driven
As a Site Acquisition Manager I felt that I was given an opportunity to manage my vendors to allow me to accomplish the project in a positive fashion.

I was able to grow in the field and explore new opportunities and learn new skills.
Excellent Co-workers
Project Manager - LTE (Former Employee), Cerritos, CAJanuary 28, 2015
Pros: lots of free lunches / flexible work schedule
Cons: compensation / upper management
Typical day was intense and satisfying full of work with a wide variety of issues to deal with daily.

The most important and influential part of the position were the co-workers that I had and the relationships I established while working there.
Well-Rounded and Visible
Project Support Assistant (Current Employee), Overland Park, KSJanuary 23, 2015
Pros: new opportunities, growth, variety of work
As a Project Support Assistant, visibility in the company is high. I assist anywhere from high level executives and department managers as well as project managers and engineers on a daily basis. Opportunities to train and learn on the job allows for personal and professional growth. A typical day includes working on travel arrangements, editing reports, word processing and formatting, proofreading, engineering specifications, scheduling meetings and special events, assisting with charitable events, producing correspondence, managing calendars and more.
Great people
Database Adminstrator (Former Employee), San Diego, CAJanuary 23, 2015
It was just a great place with some great people. The most enjoyable part was everyone's attitude was great and all were willing to help.
Progressive Company, good work environment
Site Acquisition Manager (Former Employee), Walnut Creek, CAJanuary 21, 2015
Pros: worked both in office setting and virtual.
Cons: sometimes highly stressful due to client's tight time lines.
Great company to work for, very production oriented and embraced team work.

Co-workers were fantastic to work with and worked in a team atmosphere.

Enjoyed the challenges that job offered.

Training was top notch.

Tight time lines were required to meet client's expectations.

Was given additional responsibility and the opportunity to learn new skills.
Great workplace
Project Controls Analyst (Current Employee), Overland Park, KSJanuary 18, 2015
Typical day at work as a Project Control Analyst involves retrieving, parsing and analysing data, Co-workers are awesome to work with and I consider them part of my family.
Mangement
Project Controls Associate (Former Employee), Overland Park, KSJanuary 12, 2015
Pros: company events
Cons: mangement hire on friend basis not willing to let employees grow
Some of Mangement Lack Soft Skills. Micromangement is the first encounter of bad mangement. If you enter the company as a contractor mangement is so afraid of there job it makes it hard for you to be hired in as a full time permanent employee if your opinion is voided or ideas on how to change a process
Nice place to work but need more people interaction
Closeout Specialist (Current Employee), Englewood, COJanuary 8, 2015
I like it overall however I am not much for being in a cubicle and behind a computer all day.
Good Place to Work
Technical Lead (Current Employee), Overland Park, KSDecember 17, 2014
Pros: free coffee
Cons: short break
Learn new technologies
They will use new technologies to create any application.
Fun place to work
No pressure will be there
Cold city
Excellent experience. First ranking job culture and emphasis on People
Sales Director Europe and Africa (Former Employee), London, OHDecember 2, 2014
Excellent experience. First ranking job culture and emphasis on People. The job requested a large extent of initiative.
Very engaging work with project execution teams that allow you to make a significant impact.
Procurement Manger (Current Employee), Conyers, GANovember 19, 2014
Over the years having supported multiple divisions, you learn a lot about the different equipment and materials that are procured. This variety keeps things exciting with never a dull moment.
Project Management company
PM (Former Employee), San DiegoNovember 16, 2014
Pros: good pay
Cons: work with bullies
The company as a whole is excellent. The Local leadership or lack there of leaves much to be desired. If you are not part of the good ole boy network, expect to be intimidated into submission. If you do not conform to their style, you will be forced out of the company. The local leadership uses the same tactics with the general contractors that perform the work, they intimidate them into over committing to the schedule or they get blacklisted and will not be given anymore work. GC's are required to buy lunches and provide gifts to employee parties to be used a raffles gifts in exchange for work.
Stay away!
Contracts Services (Former Employee), Overland Park, KSNovember 14, 2014
Cons: management
Don't work here. Little chance for promotions. Good-old boy culture. It's not what you know at BV, its who you know.

About Black & Veatch

One of the US's largest private companies, Black & Veatch (BV) is a leading global engineering, consulting, and construction firm – Read more