Black & Veatch

Black & Veatch Employee Reviews

Great work culture
Civil Engineer (Former Employee) –  Pune, MaharashtraJune 16, 2016
People working here don't like to switch as the company provides so much of stability. The lateral job perspective is very dynamic and quite conceivable.
Pros
Best work culture, and people are generally helpful
Cons
Not allowed to discuss salaries, you can be fired anytime
Ok Place to work
Project Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MOMay 8, 2016
Work is not difficult or challenging though it is sold as such. Everything is just re-working previous projects. Some projects might offer the opportunity to challenge some. Most of the work is busy work to support large projects and not very interesting.
Pros
Competitive Pay
Cons
If you are not in the click you are screwed
Great place to work with Great leadership
Project Engineer (Current Employee) –  Paramus, NJMay 4, 2016
it is great environment to work I came to work everyday excited of the challenges had to bring day in and day out and working with clients was great to meet there need and accomplish the goal and timelines they have set for any project set forth. I must say the leadership helped tremendously in my career development as a professional and to reach new heights within the company
Pros
great Leadship
Cons
alot driving at times
excellent work company
Slinger signaller/Ground worker (Former Employee) –  HullMay 4, 2016
Management and workers a like are thorough, professional and a pleasure to work alongside.
Working at the kingswood flood defense scheme in Hull heavy lifting in to place of the Archimedes screws to prevent flooding.
Pros
proffessional outlooks and work.
Cons
N/A
Life/ Work balance
Substation Design Engineer (Current Employee) –  Denver, COApril 28, 2016
Its a great company to work for since it offers great work/life balance. The 9/80 schedule allows people to catch-up on life while still maintaining a good work schedule.
Pros
Work/Life balance, Salary
Typical 9-5 job in a quiet culture/environment
Database Administrator (contract) (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOApril 19, 2016
Typical duties at Black and Veatch were exclusive to data entry. There was not much opportunity for career advancement and compensation was poor. The company's typical 9-5 working hours allowed for a good work/life balance.
Pros
Work/life balance
Cons
Tedious duties, compensation, work environment
Good Workplace
Project Controls Engineer & Budgeting Specialist (Former Employee) –  Palestinian TerritoriesApril 10, 2016
My experience with Black and Veatch was very motivating and high in value. It was one of the best working environments i had throughout my last several jobs.
Employment at Black & Veatch
Executive Administrator/Export Control Manager (Current Employee) –  Overland Park, KSMarch 21, 2016
This is a very diverse company with potential to grow. Excellent company - Work/Life Balance, and personnel are outstanding to work with.
Great Company with a major fault
Work there and thats enough (Former Employee) –  california locationMarch 13, 2016
I loved working at this company. However i was recruited by them telling me that employees get laid off after contingent (contract) employees... How it hurts to have been let go just days before i would have received a bonus check and i was laid off before contingents. They did this to hundreds of employees before letting contingents go... Very sad very hurtful... I loved working for the people i worked for. Great bosses...
Pros
Good bosses with lots of extra training for those who have little to no experience.
Cons
Let you go before contract workers and just before you qualify for your bonses.
Good diversity of different types of work to bid
Senior Electrical and I&C Construction Estimator (Former Employee) –  Centennial, COFebruary 27, 2016
One of the best opportunities to bid on several different type of work here in the US and all over the world, on projects for power generation and transmission lines, water and waste water treatment plants, solar fields to battery charging and storage projects.
Black & Veatch is a great company to work for and offers a great family/work balance
Electrical Engineering Technician (Current Employee) –  Overland Park, KSFebruary 25, 2016
I have worked for Black & Veatch for almost 5 years and I have nothing bad to say about them. They are a great company who treats their employees great.
Bay Area
Construction Manager - Contractor (Former Employee) –  Bay Area, CAFebruary 13, 2016
Multiple projects in the bay area were communicated as to the urgency of each site. Support from company was as expected. Overall experience was good.
Good Place
Project Accountant-Telecom Division (Current Employee) –  Overland Park, KSJanuary 31, 2016
Good place to work. You get what you put into it. If you work hard you will be rewarded for it. I recommend this place for motivated individuals.
Decent Co
Quality Management (Former Employee) –  Overland Park, KSJanuary 23, 2016
Take the good with the bad. The workers are great. Most are professional and friendly. The management varies. HR management is terrible.
This is a review from a contract engineer perspective
Structural Engineer I (Former Employee) –  Overland Park, KSJanuary 19, 2016
The company is great and the people I worked with were wonderful, however, as a contract engineer you feel that you are treated different and there is no chance of advancement. The first six months were good, however, after that I was going to work not knowing if I was going to stay till the end of the day or I will be let go. I was one of the top performers on the project and I wasn't let go till the last group but still it wasn't a pleasant experience going to work being worried that this might be the last day.
Pros
Work atmosphere was great and the people were good.
Cons
No chance for advancement
Medical Benefits and 401K was a plus
Closeout Administrator - SD/LV Telecom Division (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJanuary 18, 2016
I learned a lot about closing contract and the Telecommunication Industry.

Black & Veatch have been in business for several years; a very professional company to work for.
Black & Veatch / Project Associate
Project Associate (Current Employee) –  Lake Oswego, ORJanuary 5, 2016
Support Black & Veatch's fast-paced Energy division team to facilitate efficient and effective project delivery. The position encompasses administration, project tracking duties, composing client correspondence, maintaining contact lists, proofreading / editing client presentations and deliverables, and other tasks as assigned.
A great place to start your career
Electrical Engineering Technician 4 (Current Employee) –  Greenwood Village, CODecember 22, 2015
The company is great at starting your career. There is a disconnect between upper management and the staff. The Supervisor set-up is really a mess and sometimes your supervisor is someone you don't even work with and also could be your peer on your same level...
Great place to work but no stability
Project Controls Associate (Former Employee) –  Overland Park, KSDecember 20, 2015
I loved working at Black & Veatch. However, employment is project based and they do little to place existing employees on new projects. I really liked my job and working for Black & Veatch. You would think that if they valued existing talent they would take steps to retain it.
Pros
great teamwork atmosphere and pay for performance
Cons
they don't retain existing talent at project completion
Great company to work for
Civil Engineer (Project Engineer) (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVDecember 18, 2015
B&V promotes a great work environment. I had great managers that knew how to get everybody to work well and still make us love them. I loved the family culture cultivated by the company and I had absolutely no complains about it at all.