Black & Veatch Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Typical 9-5 job in a quiet culture/environment
Database Administrator (contract) (Former Employee), St. Louis, MOApril 19, 2016
Pros: Work/life balance
Cons: Tedious duties, compensation, work environment
Typical duties at Black and Veatch were exclusive to data entry. There was not much opportunity for career advancement and compensation was poor. The company's typical 9-5 working hours allowed for a good work/life balance.
Good Workplace
Project Controls Engineer & Budgeting Specialist (Former Employee), Palestinian TerritoriesApril 10, 2016
My experience with Black and Veatch was very motivating and high in value. It was one of the best working environments i had throughout my last several jobs.
Employment at Black & Veatch
Executive Administrator/Export Control Manager (Current Employee), Overland Park, KSMarch 21, 2016
This is a very diverse company with potential to grow. Excellent company - Work/Life Balance, and personnel are outstanding to work with.
Great Company with a major fault
Work there and thats enough (Former Employee), california locationMarch 13, 2016
Pros: Good bosses with lots of extra training for those who have little to no experience.
Cons: Let you go before contract workers and just before you qualify for your bonses.
I loved working at this company. However i was recruited by them telling me that employees get laid off after contingent (contract) employees... How it hurts to have been let go just days before i would have received a bonus check and i was laid off before contingents. They did this to hundreds of employees before letting contingents go... Very sad very hurtful... I loved working for the people i worked for. Great bosses...
Good diversity of different types of work to bid
Senior Electrical and I&C Construction Estimator (Former Employee), Centennial, COFebruary 27, 2016
One of the best opportunities to bid on several different type of work here in the US and all over the world, on projects for power generation and transmission lines, water and waste water treatment plants, solar fields to battery charging and storage projects.
Black & Veatch is a great company to work for and offers a great family/work balance
Electrical Engineering Technician (Current Employee), Overland Park, KSFebruary 25, 2016
I have worked for Black & Veatch for almost 5 years and I have nothing bad to say about them. They are a great company who treats their employees great.
Bay Area
Construction Manager - Contractor (Former Employee), Bay Area, CAFebruary 13, 2016
Multiple projects in the bay area were communicated as to the urgency of each site. Support from company was as expected. Overall experience was good.
Good Place
Project Accountant-Telecom Division (Current Employee), Overland Park, KSJanuary 31, 2016
Good place to work. You get what you put into it. If you work hard you will be rewarded for it. I recommend this place for motivated individuals.
Decent Co
Quality Management (Former Employee), Overland Park, KSJanuary 23, 2016
Take the good with the bad. The workers are great. Most are professional and friendly. The management varies. HR management is terrible.
This is a review from a contract engineer perspective
Structural Engineer I (Former Employee), Overland Park, KSJanuary 19, 2016
Pros: Work atmosphere was great and the people were good.
Cons: No chance for advancement
The company is great and the people I worked with were wonderful, however, as a contract engineer you feel that you are treated different and there is no chance of advancement. The first six months were good, however, after that I was going to work not knowing if I was going to stay till the end of the day or I will be let go. I was one of the top performers on the project and I wasn't let go till the last group but still it wasn't a pleasant experience going to work being worried that this might be the last day.
Medical Benefits and 401K was a plus
Closeout Administrator - SD/LV Telecom Division (Former Employee), Indianapolis, INJanuary 18, 2016
I learned a lot about closing contract and the Telecommunication Industry.

Black & Veatch have been in business for several years; a very professional company to work for.
Black & Veatch / Project Associate
Project Associate (Current Employee), Lake Oswego, ORJanuary 5, 2016
Support Black & Veatch's fast-paced Energy division team to facilitate efficient and effective project delivery. The position encompasses administration, project tracking duties, composing client correspondence, maintaining contact lists, proofreading / editing client presentations and deliverables, and other tasks as assigned.
A great place to start your career
Electrical Engineering Technician 4 (Current Employee), Greenwood Village, CODecember 22, 2015
The company is great at starting your career. There is a disconnect between upper management and the staff. The Supervisor set-up is really a mess and sometimes your supervisor is someone you don't even work with and also could be your peer on your same level...
Great place to work but no stability
Project Controls Associate (Former Employee), Overland Park, KSDecember 20, 2015
Pros: great teamwork atmosphere and pay for performance
Cons: they don't retain existing talent at project completion
I loved working at Black & Veatch. However, employment is project based and they do little to place existing employees on new projects. I really liked my job and working for Black & Veatch. You would think that if they valued existing talent they would take steps to retain it.
Great company to work for
Civil Engineer (Project Engineer) (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NVDecember 18, 2015
B&V promotes a great work environment. I had great managers that knew how to get everybody to work well and still make us love them. I loved the family culture cultivated by the company and I had absolutely no complains about it at all.
Excellent company with a wide variety of projects
Civil Engineer (Current Employee), Columbia, MDNovember 23, 2015
Pros: Mobile work stations, ability to work from home or other offices
Cons: Horrible benefits
Great company with a lot of new work coming in. Some of the clients, however, make the schedules pretty aggressive, causing some frantic deadlines. Good co-workers with good attitudes and strong work ethics. The size of the company allows employees to feel safe during lull periods, as well as a lot of support during the busy times (extra support staff). A lot of older employees with a lot of knowledge teaches the younger employees. With the large amount of older employees, room for advancement is present
Lack of direction and displine
Owners Representative over New Construction (Current Employee), Midland, TXNovember 4, 2015
Typical Corporation to big and lost the plot.. Talks a very good game but no action. Evaluation are poor every year. Ive been with Black & Veatch a long time mabe my expectation were to high..
Staying focused and enjoy what you do
Construction Superintendent (Current Employee), South AfricaSeptember 23, 2015
Pros: None
Cons: None
Learning and sharing knowledge, treat you fellow workers in a way that you would like to be treated, come to grips of understanding the managers expectations and deliver above their expectations,keep team work together and treat each other fairly, setting a goal and finishing way ahead of your goal date. I honestly enjoy challenges makes my job enjoyable.
Large global company with new stratagies to achieve by 2020
Senior Human Resources Associate (Former Employee), Overland Park, KSSeptember 7, 2015
I was part of the HR On-boarding Team with continually high new hire numbers and workload. I had a great team and loved my co-workers. The hardest part of my job was the never ending increase of duties assigned. New HR Associates were always replace, their duties were divided among the current team members. I enjoyed that our duties were very specialized, I learned a huge amount about the Background Investigations, I-9 and Visa processes and government requirements.
B&V
Digital Content Specialist, (Former Employee), Overland Park, KSSeptember 4, 2015
Pros: Flexibility with hours, ability to work from home if needed.
Cons: Management communication methods weren't the best.
Fun place to work if you have good co-workers. I did personally, I got along with basically all my team members. Management seemed a bit removed and unaware of things happening until they asked about it. Generation gaps made communicating slightly difficult.