Black & Veatch

Black & Veatch Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Good company that takes care of valued employees
Field Engineer (Current Employee), Overland Park, KSMay 3, 2015
Worked for them in the field for 17 years. They have done me right most of the time and have great benefits. Growing and things are changing.
Alway have company functions outside of work
Regional Quality Manager Region 10 & 12 (Former Employee), Bloomington MNApril 13, 2015
Pros: Friendly, Pay
Cons: not enough time in the day to complete the task at hand
10 hour day+
Training is always available
Management was professional
Co-workers are fun to work with
Obtaining NTP's from the client
Always changing
Challenging aggressive work environment
Project Controls Manager (Former Employee), Kansas City, MOApril 9, 2015
Pros: travel
Cons: travel
Work environment requires varied locations and job requirements. Environmentally conscience company that has the most college to retirement careers within a company. The hardest part of the job was learning to work projects from a long distance.
Corporate Cliche
Recruiter (Former Employee), Overland Park, KSApril 7, 2015
You know all the horror stories about Corporations? They're alive and well at B&V. I worked in HR and sat right next to the EEOC Specialist who received phone calls from internal employees needing help with difficult situations. The scary thing was, she didn't help these employees so much as ran upstairs to the lawyers for CYA advice. After a few more meetings these employees who were promised help if only they called, were suddenly fired, demoted, or bullied until they quit. I saw it happen over and over and over again.

The unofficial Personnel company motto? Nothing personal.

Without giving out sensitive information, I'll just say I've never worked at more unethical company, and I've worked in the corporate world for nearly 3 decades. HR is always vicious, but B&V took to an all time low.
Great place to work, wonderful staff to work with, the office is very professional.
Project Closeout Facilitator (Current Employee), Pittsburgh, PAApril 1, 2015
Pros: Benifits, Work hours and Work days
Cons: No Overtime
Have worked her for many years and enjoy all the people that I work with. Never a problem with the co workers. Its exciting and new sititutions can happen that may need resolved. Work closely with AT&T Project Managers
Good company with typical bureaucratic systems
Strategic Initiatives Manager (Current Employee), Lake Bluff, ILMarch 27, 2015
Pros: Midwestern values and integrity
Cons: Mediocre pay, benefits and promotion opportunities
Your experience will depend on your supervisor's competence. In my case, my supervisor is not a good communicator nor very strong manager.

I am a self-starter, and therefore work on my own a lot without a lot of direction. I do not view a path towards accelerating my career here however, only because my boss doesn't know how to fully leverage my skills to help him grow our business group.

I feel like I could stay here forever if I wasn't very ambitious and make a decent living, but that is not my goal.
Black & Veatch
Personal Assistant to MD & Commercial Director (Former Employee), RedhillMarch 24, 2015
Pros: Great working environment
Cons: None that I care to mention
Great varied role where I learnt a lot about health & safety within the construction industry. Whilst a pressured environment to be in the people were really friendly and lovely.

Preparing agenda, minute taking and circulating monthly board packs had it challenges.
Productivity assisted teamwork .
RF Design Engineer (RF Engineer II) (Former Employee), Denver, COMarch 23, 2015
Pros: good atmosphere
Cons: healthcare
Teamwork was always a plus. Understanding atmosphere .
Daily day to day work meetings entertained for quick understanding .
Secure Work Environment.
Sr. SAQ Specialist / SAM- Western Pennsylvania (Former Employee), Robinson Township, PAMarch 20, 2015
Management was willing to work with you. They encouraged you to move forward. Work environment could be stressful, until you were proven worthy of flexibility.
Smart & Friendly Workforce
Lead Project Controls Specialist (Current Employee), Overland Park, KSMarch 16, 2015
Pros: solid reputation, good location, growing
Cons: lackluster leadership, risk averse
Fundamentally Black & Veatch is a strong engineering company bolstered by smart and friendly midwestern engineers. Black & Veatch is making strides to expand its engineering business globally. Black & Veatch is more risk averse when expanding its construction business. Black & Veatch suffers under lackluster leadership and unfocused middle-management.
Excellent company for long term carreer.
Senior Project Control Analysis (Former Employee), BangkokMarch 10, 2015
Black&Veatch is a good company for a long term career, you will find a good friend and supervisor right there. They always provide you an opportunity to learn and grow up together.
Great People and Leaders in Pittsburgh
Execution Manager - AT&T Turf Project (Current Employee), Pittsburgh, PAMarch 10, 2015
Great People and Leaders in Pittsburgh - Don't know about the rest of the country. Advancement is tough. Lots of solid people to learn from. Low employee turnover in Pittsburgh.
Productive and Great Place to Work
Senior Recruiter (Current Employee), Conyers, GAMarch 9, 2015
I love helping others advance in their careers and having a hand in shaping the future of our company. The best part of the job is the ability to be innovative and creative.
Conservative engineering firm
Engineering Technician (Current Employee), Ann Arbor, MIFebruary 24, 2015
Pros: a large company who provides interface with many clients
Cons: rate of professional development and technical growth
A typical day at work as an electrical engineering technician consists of general Microstation and AutoCAD text and symbol edits.
Wireless Telecom Project Coordinator
Telecom Project Coordinator (Former Employee), Denver, COFebruary 23, 2015
Pros: enthusiasum to learn new technologies as well as new business procedures.
With a combination of instinct, integrity, trustworthiness, and an openness to learn anything new in any project I’m assigned to. I work hard to complete various assignments and do so with the utmost enthusiasm. I am goal oriented as well as being a team player. I am always punctual, as well as being easygoing and enjoy smiling and laughing. I have demonstrated a strong desire for advancement in the wireless telecommunication arena as well as to be always professional and attentive. Diligent in studying for advancing certifications, attention to detail, devoted to work, but being a real people person. I am well organized, and I keep a sharp eye on the bottom line. I realize too that good customer relations are what make or break a relationship with vendors and clients. I suppose doing well in a career is easy if you are, driven in equal measure by both quality and efficiency with a strong desire to learn and grow further into the future.
Project Coordinator
Project Coordinator (Former Employee), Cerritos, CAFebruary 20, 2015
A typical day would be very stressful. Multi-tasking is a must like any job. Some Co-workers were difficult to deal with due to personality incompatibilities.
Great company to work for
Site Acquisition Manager (Former Employee), Walnut Creek, CAFebruary 9, 2015
Pros: good opportunities to learn skills and increase knowledge of chosen field.
Cons: project driven
As a Site Acquisition Manager I felt that I was given an opportunity to manage my vendors to allow me to accomplish the project in a positive fashion.

I was able to grow in the field and explore new opportunities and learn new skills.
Excellent Co-workers
Project Manager - LTE (Former Employee), Cerritos, CAJanuary 28, 2015
Pros: lots of free lunches / flexible work schedule
Cons: compensation / upper management
Typical day was intense and satisfying full of work with a wide variety of issues to deal with daily.

The most important and influential part of the position were the co-workers that I had and the relationships I established while working there.
Well-Rounded and Visible
Project Support Assistant (Current Employee), Overland Park, KSJanuary 23, 2015
Pros: new opportunities, growth, variety of work
As a Project Support Assistant, visibility in the company is high. I assist anywhere from high level executives and department managers as well as project managers and engineers on a daily basis. Opportunities to train and learn on the job allows for personal and professional growth. A typical day includes working on travel arrangements, editing reports, word processing and formatting, proofreading, engineering specifications, scheduling meetings and special events, assisting with charitable events, producing correspondence, managing calendars and more.
Great people
Database Adminstrator (Former Employee), San Diego, CAJanuary 23, 2015
It was just a great place with some great people. The most enjoyable part was everyone's attitude was great and all were willing to help.

1 2 3 4 5

About Black & Veatch

One of the US's largest private companies, Black & Veatch (BV) is a leading global engineering, consulting, and construction firm – Read more