Black & Veatch

Black & Veatch Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Telecommunication Design Engineer Technician 1 (Current Employee), Denver, COJune 17, 2014
please see resume and all in one packet I have provided
Black & Veatch (Fortune 500 Company-Global Leader in Engineering & Telecommunications) 02/17/14 Present Full Time (Contract Position)
Telecommunication Design Engineer Technician 1
Working directly under the direction of lead engineers within a team of 5 designers.
Constructing AutoCAD drawings – more... for AT&T’s modification to cellular towers and upgrade to LTE 4G. Creating zoning, construction and detailed electrical drawings.
Creating dynamic blocks and templates.
High level of attention to detail and accuracy is required.
Working in a very fast paced team environment.
Working with a wide range of computer programs, AutoCAD MEP, BlueBeam, Microsoft Office WebTop , and Quickbase data. – less
Great place to work with great people.
Engineering Technician (Current Employee), Cary, NCJune 16, 2014
Pros: lunch and learns
Young energetic group of engineers and technicans. Very helpful in every aspect and knowlegable on many genres of energy.
Excellent Workplace
Project Controls Manager (Former Employee), Memphis, TNJune 10, 2014
Excellent Company
People were enjoyable to work with.
Felt that we were a part of a team
Team Spirit
Contract Photo Simulator & Graphic Technician (Former Employee), Overland Park, KSJune 5, 2014
Team work was a big part of the Black & Veatch culture. Daily contact with my team was required.
Nice place to work
Project Controls Associate - Telecom (Current Employee), San Diego, CAMay 12, 2014
Pretty happy here. A little understaffed, but mostly due to the rate of growth, which is usually a positive sign
Decent place to work, but don't expect to grow
Engineering Technician (Current Employee), Overland Park, KSApril 17, 2014
I was excited to be hired by B&V, but soon after I started working there, my view of the company was tarnished. They claim that you're in control of your career and they give the impression that you'll be able to move positions in order to advance your career. However, that was not my experience, nor the experience of any of my collegues that didn't – more... want to follow the line straight up their title (ie. going from Engineer III to IV, etc.). – less
Contract - Long waiting period to be hired perm
Closeout Administrator (Former Employee), San Diego, CAApril 11, 2014
Pros: nice office, nice people, centrally located
Cons: no advancement and if you're new, you have to start at the bottom and that's closeouts
Worked in the San Diego office for over 7 months waiting to be converted permanently while everyone else was having their paperwork processed. So one foot was already out the door then my supervisor who has no idea how to manage threatened me with my job. According to her findings, I wasn't closing out enough projects from the previous years. These – more... projects were horribly neglected and half of the backup documentation was missing. So how does one closeout a site without the proper backup? We were told to close them out anyway, only to have them rejected by corporate. It was a job going nowhere so I ended up leaving. Not worth staying when you have no idea when your last day will be. Overall, good company to work for if you are already permanent and NOT in closeouts. It's a horrible dept to be in. – less
Great place to work; advancement opportunities for a select few
Electrical Design Engineer (Former Employee), Denver, COMarch 19, 2014
Pros: very structured as to how they do a design
Cons: very few advancement opportunities.
Good place to work. Hard to advance. Seemed like if you weren't one of the chosen few, you stayed in a cube and cranked out designs with little or no recognition.
Solid work experience in power generation.
Structural Lead Designer (Former Employee), Cary, NC & Centennial, COFebruary 13, 2014
Pros: solid company.
Cons: cad software lacking.
Good structural design experience focusing on heavy foundation design and structural steel. I was able to advance my knowledge effectively.
Was not employed long enough
Project Coordinator and Close Out Facilitator (Former Employee), Bloomington, MNFebruary 11, 2014
BV was overall a good work environment, however i was a temp so i was let go before they could hire me on.
Fun and challenging environment with a team of hard working
Structural Engineer (Former Employee), Overland Park, KSJanuary 24, 2014
Working at B&V has opened a wider set of opportunities for me in terms of the multicultural experience at work. Technical and managerial decision making were part of my daily routine because there was to time to spend just waiting while working on site in a foreign country.
Large Organisation
Project Accountant (Current Employee), RedhillJanuary 16, 2014
Busy, hard working days. Many experiences. engaging staff
Site Acquisition experience self-performed and Vendor managed
Site Acquisition Manager (Former Employee), Overland Park, KSJanuary 7, 2014
Pros: good company, opportunity based
6 years experience in site acquisition work. Had KS and MO territories and also moved to MN and worked Iowa and Nebraska with vendor management.
Internship
Summer Intern, Construction and Procurement (Former Employee), Overland Park, KSJanuary 7, 2014
I interned at Black & Veatch as a buyer in their Procurement side.
Overall this is a good company to work for.
Engineer Technician (Current Employee), Ann Arbor, MIDecember 26, 2013
This company has a good atmosphere, they have flexible work schedules allowing professionals to take every other Friday off. The only thing I would say that the company needs to improve upon is to allow profesionals to take more responsibility in project roles.
Working at B&V is a big plus in your professional career
Mechanical Engineer (Former Employee), Overland Park, KSDecember 20, 2013
Great people, both working force and management, high quality of work, rewarding atmosphere;
Productive and Fun Place to Work
Project Support Manager (Current Employee), Walnut Creek, CADecember 5, 2013
Pros: able to climb in the company
Responsible for all aspects of the project support staffing resources for majority of projects in a large division/sector, including recruiting, scheduling, supervising, training, mentoring, goal setting, and performance assessment.

Enjoy working with Management, Lead Construction Managers, Field Construction Managers and General Contractors to work – more... towards a goal. Doing Quality and Completing the Projects before the deadline. – less
productive good facilities
Ganger (Former Employee), ENGNovember 26, 2013
Pros: good training regime
Cons: working away from home
organised work culture.
pleasant work environment.
good team of men to work with.
An okay company
Mechanical Engineer (Current Employee), Overland Park, KSNovember 12, 2013
Pros: flexible work schedule
An okay company that would work well for someone looking to settle into a professional career with limited vertical growth. Work load fluctuation is very unpredictable. Company is more of a follower than a leader. However, the flexible work schedule, on-site workout facility, and other employee amenities are nice perks.
Enjoyable work place and friendly colleges
Document Controller (Current Employee), Reading, ENGOctober 7, 2013
Pros: close to home
Cons: part time
Daily I check my emails and the inbox where all the work is to work on. My day as Document Controller is to work from the oldest date requests. I have to save drawings and documentation to our filing system (Cygnet) and issue to our client. Most of the drawings we receive from Sub-contractors I have to receipt, record and issue to the project teams – more... so that the design team are aware of changes and changes to make an issue back for correction.
I enjoyable part of my job is that it is varied and always learning and willing to learn more. – less

1 2 3

About Black & Veatch

One of the US's largest private companies, Black & Veatch (BV) is a leading global engineering, consulting, and construction firm – Read more

Black & Veatch Photos