POSITION: Administrative Assistant
Temporary/6 months with possibility of future, permanent employment
Provide reception and administrative support to the Utility division. Duties include general clerical, receptionist and project based work. This position is for a 6 month duration, with the possibility of future permanent employment, who reports directly the Project Manager at our Smith Falls location.
In 1921, William J. McDonald and William R. Black formed Black & McDonald Limited, a partnership to engage in residential wiring. Throughout the years, Black & McDonald has remained a family-owned business with an uncompromising commitment to the founder's principles of delivery as promised and fairness to all.
The company has followed a planned course of diversification and expansion, combining growth and financial stability with ongoing investment in our people, and a willingness to pioneer new business opportunities and directions.
Black & McDonald is an integrated, multi-trade contractor providing electrical, mechanical, utility and maintenance services to government, industrial, commercial and institutional markets.
From emergency service calls to multi-million dollar construction and operation contracts, Black & McDonald is committed to implementing innovative solutions to complex technical requirements facing every customer.
Currently, Black & McDonald operates across Canada and the United States. The company has over 3,000 employees working out of a network of more than 20 offices.
- General Administration duties
- Coordinate company functions
- Issue purchase orders
- Maintain hourly personnel information
- Document control
- Key in, edit, proofread and finalize correspondence, reports, statements, invoices, forms, presentations, and other documents
- Maintain and prepare reports from manual or electronic files, inventories, mailing lists and databases
- Process incoming and outgoing mail, manually or electronically
- May sort, Process and verify applications, receipts, expenditures, forms and other documents
- The successful candidate may be required to perform other duties as assigned.
1. Secondary education diploma, College or University degree in Office Administration & Accounting may be an asset
2. 3-5 years experience in a project management and/or construction industry
3. Able to communicate effectively, both over the phone and by email, and be able to take detailed instructions
4. Superior customer service skills
5. Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office applications (including Outlook) is a must
6. Experience with (or demonstrated ability to learn) ERP application (Maximo, JDE, etc.)
7. Project management and/or construction industry experience would be considered an asset
Please forward a resume and cover letter by November 23rd, 2012. If this is an internal candidate, please advise your supervisor prior to applying.
Indeed - 12 months ago