Power Engineers- Third & Fourth Class
Black & McDonald Limited Facilities Maintenance & Operations Division is looking for a talented and technically strong team to provide operations and maintenance service to our client.
Our people are vital to our success, and we build teams that embrace challenge, work exceptional well together as a team and provide the best service to our client.
We are seeking talented, service oriented individuals to join our team.
This positions reports to: FMO Site Manager
Power Engineers perform some or all of the following duties:
- The successful candidates will be responsible for the safe and effective operation, maintenance and repair of the life safety, environmental, mechanical and electrical building systems for the facility, including but are not limited to heating, air conditioning, ventilation, plumbing, major refrigeration systems, electrical lighting and distribution, and water treatment.
- Candidates will be responsible to comply with all applicable Operating Procedures, client specifications, codes and legislation.
- Validate and document the completion of all repairs. Review repair history with FMO Project Manager to aid in life cycle costing analysis.
- Operate standby power plants, Uninterruptible Power Supply (UPS) and associated transfer switching and support equipment.
- Assist Project Manager and Property Manager with tenant moves, construction activities, turnover and commissioning. Ensure correct and safe operation of equipment and maintain warranty requirements.
- Maintain equipment documentation: as-built drawings, specifications, shop drawings, operating manuals, samples and warranties.
- Analyze and troubleshoot building systems alarms; perform inspections, safety checks, minor replacements, adjustments and repairs to mechanical, plumbing, electrical, life safety, direct digital control (DDC) and water treatment systems.
- Perform or supervise Preventative Maintenance Routines and repairs for the various building systems. Validate and document the completion of all items listed within each PMR task.
- Perform the scheduled preventive and general maintenance on the mechanical/electrical systems, HVAC systems and life safety equipment.
- Basic supervision of on-site sub-contractors.
- Monitor, respond, identify and correct building issues identified by the Building Management System (BMS) or occupants pertaining to environmental conditions or building systems
- Compliance with all Occupational Health and Safety and Environmental legislation, standards, policies, procedures and best practices.
- Respond to tenant service requests (work orders) in a timely manner.
- Valid driver’s license and access to a vehicle.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Requires minimum 3 years minimum building maintenance /operational experience
- Holds a minimum Power Engineer Class IV, Fourth Class Power Engineer, Class III preferred.
- Experience working with ammonia preferred.
- Shift work is required (including evening and weekends)
- Work overtime as required, rotating on-call schedule.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office.
- Ability to obtain PWGSC Industrial Security clearance level of Secret
Interested candidates are invited to submit a cover letter and resume in confidence by March 18, 2013.
401A Weston Street,Winnipeg,MB R3E 3H4
Indeed - 2 years ago
Today, Black & McDonald remains a privately owned Canadian company, an integrated, multi-trade prime contractor serving government,...