FMO Maintenance Electrician
Black & McDonald Limited Facilities Maintenance & Operations Division is looking for a talented and technically strong team to provide operations and maintenance service to our client, the Canadian Museum for Human Rights.
Our people are vital to our success, and we build teams that embrace challenge, work exceptional well together as a team and provide the best service to our client.
We are seeking talented, service oriented individuals to join our team.
FMO Maintenance Electrician perform some or all of the following duties:
- The successful candidate will be responsible for the safe and effective operation, maintenance and repair of the life safety, environmental, mechanical and electrical building systems for CHMR facility, including but not limited to heating, air conditioning, ventilation, plumbing, major refrigeration systems, electrical lighting and distribution, audio visual and water treatment.
- Performs preventive maintenance on electrical systems, equipment and components according to a preventive maintenance program
- Backup Emergency power generator inspection and testing
- Maintenance and minor repairs of the complete Building Security Systems, inspection of CCTV and all system components.
- Completes the required actions deemed necessary following the completion of preventive maintenance tasks or the failure of a component; maintains the replacement parts inventory.
- Responds to service calls from customers, performs related tasks and performs the required follow-up.
- Recommends and maintains inventory of spare parts to minimize any downtime on the system.
- Escorts various contractors and supervises their work.
- Compliance with all Occupational Health and Safety and Environmental legislation, standards, policies, procedures and best practices
- In conjunction with the FMO Project Manager, assists in the development of a financial plan for the electrical requirements of the property and makes recommendation for the implementation of preventative maintenance and capital repairs.
- Perform shift coverage for Building Technicians as required
- Rotating on-call schedule
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Valid driver’s license and access to a vehicle.
- Requires minimum 3-5 years building electrical maintenance experience
- Electrician trade certificate with a Class CH/HC/HI Journeyperson Electrician License
First Aid and CPR an asset
- Systems Maintenance Technician and/or Systems Maintenance Administrator (SMA) would be considered a strong asset.
- Ability to obtain PWGSC Industrial Security clearance level of Secret
Key Result Area
The following key result areas will be identified during the annual planning process resulting in the establishment and quarterly review of objectives:
- Must be dedicated to exceptional external and internal customer service.
- Ability to assess and act quickly to resolve issues.
- Must possess strong organizational/time management skills.
- Positive attitude and outgoing personality are essential.
- Effective decision making skills.
- Effective conflict management skills.Ability to effectively manage labor productivity.
- Strong problem solving skills.
- Strong customer service skills.
- Strong communication skills both verbal and written.
- Highly motivated team player who can work with minimal supervision, flexible hours or rotating shift
Interested candidates are invited to submit a cover letter and resume in confidence by February11, 2013.
401A Weston Street,Winnipeg,MB R3E 3H4
In 1921, William J. McDonald and William R. Black formed Black & McDonald Limited, a partnership to engage in residential wiring. Throughout...