BizBoon provides businesses worldwide a platform to connect with each other to discover new business opportunities and find new markets. We are actively connecting with businesses across the globe to serve you better. To get you started our Indian strategic partners' offer company setup, legal counsel, financial management, human resources, and IT infrastructure services to facilitate a smooth transition of member businesses expansion in India and across the global.
This is a challenging, exciting and rewarding opportunity to work on innovative and entrepreneurial business. The PHP Developer is expected to be able to perform all aspects of the development tasks, including front-end, back-end, and database development. The applicant is expected to possess strong problem solving, programming, testing and troubleshooting skills.
Qualifications and Experience:
- A Bachelor's/Master’s Degree or equivalent and five years of PHP and MySQL development experience.
- Must have at least 2 Years of Hands-On PHP-Yii Framework development experience. Yii experience is an absolute must.
- Must have strong hands-on troubleshooting experience with the PHP-Yii framework.
- Must have strong hands-on experience incorporating PHP-Yii extensions into existing and new PHP-Yii program units.
- Must have experience implementing AJAX functionality in the context of Yii Framework.
- Must have good knowledge of Model-View-Controller Architecture.
- Must have good understanding of MemCache/APC cache, etc.
- Must have a good understanding of HTTP requests.
- Must have good understanding of Internet security.
- Must have good understanding of Linux Operating System.
- Good to have RedHat, Centos, Ubuntu, Debian, and Fedora experience.
- Must have deep knowledge and experience in other Web Development technologies such as AJAX, HTML5, CSS3, jQuery, XML, SQL and MySQL 5.
- Practical exposure and/or experience with some or all of the following: AWS Ec2, RDS, S3, Git, SVN.
- Excellent understanding of database modeling;
- Excellent Software Development Lifecycle.
- Strong knowledge of database and information architecture, with web application integration; cross-browser/platform experience.
- Experience working with, designing and developing Content Management Systems.
- Knowledge of internet advertising, e-mail marketing, traffic metrics, or affiliate advertising is a definite plus.
- Problem Decomposition: Use of appropriate data structures and algorithms and comes up with generic/object-oriented code that encapsulate aspects of the problem that are subject to change.
- Systems Decomposition: Able to visualize and design complex systems with multiple product lines and integrations with external systems.
- Ability to design operations support systems like monitoring, reporting, fail-overs etc.
- Excellent Error Handling: Codes to detect possible exceptions and creation of strategy in all layers of code.
- Database: Can do basic database administration, performance optimization, index optimization, write advanced select queries, able to replace cursor usage with relational SQL, understands how data is stored internally, understands how indexes are stored internally, understands how databases can be mirrored, replicated etc.
- Nice to have: Python, Ruby on Rails and other web frame works such as Django, Codeignitor, Cake PHP, Zend, etc.
- Must be a quick learner. That is learning technologies that you have not seen before in really short time and applying them to real-world problems.
- Must be a team player.
Tool Knowledge: Has actually written tools and scripts, added bonus if they've been published.
Accountabilities & Responsibilities:
- Work within a professional, influential and proactive development team that tangibly adds value.
- Develop web sites, applications and rich multi-media experiences according to the brief and technical specifications. Work closely with other team members to integrate the applications according to BizBoon’s standards and processes.
- Ensure all developments are fully documented, meet high level design requirements, data, customer experience, architecture, security, quality & operations, as well as regulatory & industry standards so projects are fit for purpose leaving testing & transitioning to live.
- Ensure all new developments go through an appropriate testing process and have solid release plans for hand-over to live operations and promotion.
- Accurately report all development activity through timesheets, report on development progress and issues, identifying remedial action when required to address problems and keep development on track.
- Proactively keep abreast of industry developments, skills and technologies and share information, ideas and best practice with other BizBoon development team members to improve skills and avoid single points of failure.
- Create & maintain strong working relationships with other members of the delivery team and the wider technology organization so that the overall function operates professionally and is seen as delivery focused.
- Produce code assets in adherence to BizBoon standards. Work with design agencies and the user experience team to develop user interface concepts that support the intended purpose.
- Provide input into the design of software systems, offering advice and thoughts and providing feedback.
- Demonstrate a logical and structured approach to time management and task prioritization.
- Work within project timelines and budgets.
- Work independently and/or within a team as the work requires.
- Participate in team activities and team planning with the aim of improving team skills, awareness and quality of work.
- Provide support for a system including analysis, tracking and resolution.
- Utilize approved technologies for the development of systems.
- Be able to organize their own time, schedule tasks for completion and deliver work to that schedule.
Personal & Professional:
- Strong problem solving and analytical abilities are required.
- Ability to work efficiently and effectively in a deadline driven environment.
- Ability to understand and communicate thoughts/design/ideas/specs in an unambiguous manner and adjusts communication as per the context.
- Ability to work successfully both independently and in a team setting.
- Excellent analytical skills; creative problem-solving skills and an ability to apply business logic to development requirements.
- Needs to be detail-oriented, resourceful, and work well under pressure.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills are essential.
- Ability to set and manage priorities discreetly.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; excellent interpersonal skills; - exceptional service orientation.
- Exceptionally self-motivated and directed; ability to motivate in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
- Keen attention to detail; superior analytical, evaluative, and problem-solving abilities.
- On-call availability and periodic overtime; sitting for extended periods of time.
- Proficiency of hands and fingers (or skill with adaptive devices) to operate a computer keyboard, mouse, and other computing equipment.
If you want to be part of a fast growing, dynamic, entrepreneurial, innovative, and global organization apply today!
In your letter of interest, please include your desired salary per hour.
Indeed - 5 months ago
BizBoon provides businesses worldwide a platform to connect with each other to discover new business opportunities and find new markets. We...