SYSTEM SUPPORT SPECIALIST
Bit Stew is an innovator in smart energy. Our game-changing software platform, Grid Director, helps utility companies deploy, manage and optimize smart grids. Our solutions enable utility operators to understand in real-time what is happening with their smart grids, and to make better, faster decisions as a result.
The Grid Director platform is used to deliver:
- Critical visibility into smart grid network operations, maintenance and deployment
- Sophisticated analytics to rapidly recognize, respond to and troubleshoot critical events
- Meaningful insight for network planners for grid improvement and optimization
- Residential, commercial and industrial energy consumption data and information
- Pattern recognition and data forensics to reduce energy theft and fraud
Founded in 2005, Bit Stew is headquartered in Burnaby, British Columbia with offices in Mountain View, California and Toronto, Ontario.
We are a seeking a System Support Specialist to join our Burnaby, BC team.
The Systems Support Specialist role reports to the Director of Operations and will work out of our headquarters at 5489 Byrne Road, Burnaby, BC.
This role provides technical assistance for local and remote users in an application support environment as well as maintenance on systems. Candidates must be flexible for occasional work outside of regular hours.
- Be an engaged and active member of the Bit Stew team.
- Perform service provisioning and support for BitStew’s products and services (i.e.Grid Director).
- Provide both telephone support for systems, applications, hardware, and other client incidents and requests by investigating problems and taking corrective actions.
- Open, monitor and resolve tickets in a timely fashion. Document all actions and solutions within call tracking system and update technical details within operational procedures as appropriate.
- Ensure customer satisfaction, including taking ownership of open tickets and ensuring incidents are fully resolved or re-assigned to next level for assistance.
- Perform daily system administration functions to ensure system integrity and adequate capacity; carry out system performance tuning, security measures, performance monitoring, capacity monitoring, and troubleshooting.
- Identify and escalate production critical issues to appropriate groups in a timely manner.
- Problem identification for application and network related issues.
- Daily activity reporting (operations and daily summaries).
- Produce and maintain support documentation for known issues and resolutions.
- Pro-actively monitor network performance, troubleshoot and resolve network issues and recommend upgrades when necessary.
- Create and help maintain technical support documentation for BitStew staff and How to Guides for end users on all installed systems.
- Document and share knowledge amongst the Bit Stew teams on all implemented solutions as well as improvements and enhancements.
- Perform user account management across the enterprise, including account creation, password resets and disabling user accounts when requested.
- Analyzes customer organizations’ industry and business challenges.
- Consistently delivers high-quality services to customers.
Education/Professional Development/Work Experience Requirements:
- Communication Skills - Superior oral and written communication skills; strong ability to develop and sustain cooperative working relationships, strong telephone skills, strong customer service skills.
- Education and Experience – IT related Degree or Diploma and 3 or more years’ experience in a technical support role.
- Language Skills – Fluency in English required. Professional phone manner.
- Organizational/Multi-Task Skills - Ability to allocate one's time effectively, work under pressure, ability to handle multiple demands, competing priorities and adapt to new ideas and constant changes.
- Technical Competencies - Technical experience with systems networking, web applications, and user support.
- Customer service, help desk service or business analyst experience required.
- Strong problem analysis/resolution ability .
- Self-motivated with the ability to prioritize, meet deadlines, and manage changing priorities.
- A results oriented individual who thrives working in a fast paced environment.
- A commitment to quality and attention to detail.
- Ability to collaborate within a team environment.
- Security is mandatory and a background check will be required.
Working conditions are normal for an office environment. Work requires extensive work using a computer.
40 working hours per week
Indeed - 17 months ago