Senior Specialist, Partnerships and Donor Relations
Through our vision of eliminating poverty in our community, and guided by a passionate concern for the dignity and well-being of each individual, our work is based on building relationships, hope and trust. By addressing multiple needs, Bissell Centre provides a holistic approach to helping families and individuals. For more information, please visit www.bissellcentre.org
Currently, Bissell Centre is looking for the right individual to fill the position of Senior Specialist, Partnerships and Donor Relations. As part of the Fund Development and Community Engagement team, the key function of this position is to raise targeted major gift funds set by the organization by creatively seeking out funding opportunities and partnerships, as well as develop and write funding proposals. The Senior Specialist, Partnerships and Donor Relations role will include a mix of a number of portfolios targeting at individual donors, corporate giving, foundations and service clubs, faith communities, special events and legacy project based on his/her strengths and experiences.
Specific responsibilities of the position include:
Planning & Financial
- Assist with the development, implementation, and evaluation of Bissell Centre’s Fund Development & Marketing Plan, in partnership with the CEO and Manager, Marketing & Communications.
- Create an annual Fund Development operational plan, including goals, objectives and timelines.
- Develop an annual program budget in cooperation with the CFO and CEO.
- Work alongside the Community Engagement Team (Marketing & Communications, Volunteer Services & Events, In-Kind Donations, Fund Development and CEO) to develop and implement comprehensive strategies to engage the general public.
- Provide fund raising expertise and insight in establishing campaigns to create a movement around the elimination of poverty.
Communications & Stewardship
- Ensure best practice for donor relations in all communications including acknowledgement letters and other correspondence, newsletters, special mailings, telephone and in-person contact and recognition events.
- Develop external relationships and opportunities to expand fund development opportunities.
- Implement the use of the donor management software according to Bissell Centre’s standards and protocols.
- Maintain up-to-date notes on donor interactions to preserve institutional memory and communicate next steps in the relationship building process.
- Oversee, in partnership with the Manager, Marketing & Communications, the maintenance of the donor management software including the timely and accurate processing or receipts of all donations.
The ideal candidate would possess the following qualifications:
- Degree in a related field with minimum 5 years fund development or relationship management experience.
- CFRE considered an asset.
- Proven skills in developing and implementing fund development plans.
- Sound knowledge of principles, proven methods, strategies of fundraising, donor relations and communications.
- Ability to develop and manage annual budgets and meet deadlines.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal, time management, organizational, supervisory and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent in Microsoft Office suite and knowledge of donor databases. Experience with @Ease an asset
Interested candidates are invited to submit their resume and cover letter by 5 April 2013 to:
Joshua J. Marshall, Senior Specialist
Partnerships and Donor Relations
10527 - 96 Street
Edmonton, AB T5H 2H6
We thank all applicants for their interest. However, only candidates selected for interview will be contacted.
Indeed - 19 months ago
copy to clipboard -
Bissell Centre began as a Methodist mission in 1910, founded by the Reverend William Pike and his wife Florence. They worked from a...