Through our vision of eliminating poverty in our community, and guided by a passionate concern for the dignity and well-being of each individual, our work is based on building relationships, hope and trust. By addressing multiple needs, Bissell Centre provides a holistic approach to helping families and individuals. For more information, please visit www.bissellcentre.org
Currently, Bissell Centre is looking for the right individual to fill the position of Payroll & HR Assistant. This position is responsible for the organization bi-weekly payroll, month end payroll and banking reconciliation, payroll costing and basic accounting functions. The successful candidate will also be responsible to assist the Human Resources Manager in some aspects of Human Resources functions including on-boarding for new employees, staff welfare, benefits administration, performance management, filing and records management.
The ideal candidate would possess the following qualifications:
- Accounting Diploma and/or equivalent qualification in Payroll is a definite asset.
- Minimum one year experience in preparing full cycle payroll, posting payroll journal, payroll and banking reconciliation, month end adjustment for payroll cost allocation. Some experience in human resources functions including recruitment and benefits administration would be advantageous.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and Excel. Knowledge of HRIS and computerized payroll systems is a definite asset.
- Good working knowledge of Alberta Employment Standards.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (both verbal and written).
- Flexible, adaptable, strong organizational, time management and problem solving skills.
- Attention to detail, accuracy and quality.
- Self-motivated and can work independently with minimal supervision.
- Strong orientation towards superior customer service, professionalism and confidentiality.
Interested candidates are invited to submit their resume and cover letter by 16 January 2013 to:
Manager, Human Resources
10527 - 96 Street
Edmonton, AB T5H 2H6
We thank all applicants for their interest. However, only candidates selected for interview will be contacted.