Independent Living Support Worker (Part-Time)
Through our vision of eliminating poverty in our community, and guided by a passionate concern for the dignity and well-being of each individual, our work is based on building relationships, hope and trust. By addressing multiple needs, Bissell Centre provides a holistic approach to helping families and individuals.
Currently, Bissell Centre is looking for the right individual to fill the position of Independent Living Support Worker to assist individuals with mental health concerns who are moving toward independence, and would benefit from accessing a community outreach worker.
Specific responsibilities of the position include:
- Support individuals who have mental health concerns who live in or identify with Edmonton’s inner city and are attached to the Bissell Centre’s mental health support caseload
- Develop service coordination between Bissell Centre’s Mental Health Support Worker and themselves to promote participant centered health, wellness and community connections
- Maintain accurate and up-to-date case notes using prescribed Bissell Centre procedures using the database, updating program information, and critical incident reports within established time standards
- Attend and participate in supervision and community meetings as prescribed by the Manager of Essential Community Support Services
The ideal candidate would possess the following qualifications:
- Bachelor Degree or Diploma in Social Work preferred with relevant experience working with adults with mental health concerns and concurrent issues
- Minimum 1 year relevant working experience with adults with mental health concerns in extended support and advocacy roles
- Familiarity working with high risk populations and an understanding of Aboriginal cultures, history and current issues
- Alberta Class 5 License, satisfactory driver’s abstract and a vehicle
Closing date: January 11 , 2013
Interested candidates are invited to submit their resume and cover letter to:
Manager, Essential Community Support Services
10527 - 96 Street
Edmonton, AB T5H 2H6
We thank all applicants for their interest. However, only candidates selected for interview will be contacted.