Housing Outreach Worker (24/7 MAP)
Through our vision to eliminate poverty in our community, and guided by a passionate concern for the dignity and well-being of each individual, Bissell Centre’s work is based on building relationships, hope and trust. By addressing multiple needs, Bissell Centre provides a holistic approach to helping families and individuals. For more information, please visit www.bissellcentre.org
Currently, Bissell Centre is looking for the right individual to fill the position of Housing Outreach Worker for its 24/7 Mobile Assistance Program (MAP) Program. The key function of this position is to provide support and complex case management to referred 24/7 Mobile Assistance Program (MAP) participants. The Housing Outreach Worker assists through interventions to divert inappropriate use of medical, police and judicial services. Further, this position will be responsible to assess and refer 24/7 MAP participants for transitional and permanent housing, deal and develop relationships with landlords.
Specific responsibilities of the position include:
- Conduct risk and needs assessments and safety planning to ameliorate potential threats and retaliation
- Provide crisis intervention when needed by identifying the crisis, minimizing the harm to the individual and others, and assisting the individual to explore their options
- Develop personal plans with participants and provide follow-up (including outreach services) to support them in the achievement of their goals
- Make appropriate supported referrals to housing, health and community services and provide advocacy support services with, or on behalf of, individuals as needed
- Provide flexible one-on-one case management depending on the needs of the individual
- Ensure placement in shelters, detox and short-term/immediate housing as needed and transitioned into permanent housing as able
- In coordination with the Manager, 24/7 MAP Team and Mental Health Professional, conduct an extensive review to determine if a participant is ready to be transferred to Homeward Trust for Housing First Integration
- Develop and maintain productive working relationships with program partners and other community agencies
Financial and Administrative
- Complete monthly budget reconciliation for all participants’ expenses
- Maintain accurate electronic case notes, computer records, program information, and critical incident reports
- Maintain a current and accurate Participant file for each participant.
The ideal candidate would possess the following qualifications:
- Degree or Diploma in Social Science or related discipline
- Minimum of 2 years related employment experience
- Strong written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills, result oriented, good time management, strong organizational and problem-solving skills
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel programs
- Familiarity with issues of poverty, homelessness and Edmonton’s urban core
- Familiarity working with high risk populations and an understanding of Aboriginal cultures, history and current issues
- Experience with ETO data base would be an asset
- Valid Alberta Class 5 License, satisfactory driver’s abstract, possess own vehicle and proof of $1 million PLPD insurance
- Criminal Record and Child Welfare Check is required
Interested candidates are invited to submit their resume and cover letter by 5.00 p.m on September 6, 2013 to:
Deanna Castellanos Garcia
Manager, 24/7 Mobile Assistance Program
10527 - 96 Street
Edmonton, AB T5H 2H6
We thank all applicants for their interest. However, only candidates selected for interview will be contacted.
Bissell Centre began as a Methodist mission in 1910, founded by the Reverend William Pike and his wife Florence. They worked from a...