Through our vision of eliminating poverty in our community, and guided by a passionate concern for the dignity and well-being of each individual, our work is based on building relationships, hope and trust. By addressing multiple needs, Bissell Centre provides a holistic approach to helping families and individuals. For more information, please visit www.bissellcentre.org
Currently, Bissell Centre is looking for the right individual to fill the position of Accounting Clerk. This position is responsible to perform advanced accounting clerical work involving maintaining numerous and diversified departmental accounts and records. The successful candidate will help to resolve complex accounting problems, reconcile accounts within the General Ledger, and participate in the review and processing of payments, answer questions pertaining to non-routine verbal and written inquires about accounts payable and accounts receivable.
Specific responsibilities of the position include:
- Manage and process all vendor invoices and ensure integrity of all payments.
- Administer and maintain records of good receipts.
- Coordinate with suppliers and maintains records of all payment statuses.
- Maintain, reconcile, and process all monthly corporate card statements.
- Verify accuracy of data processing for accounting information, including cheque requisition and monitoring all invoices for accuracy.
- Prepare and enter accounting-related transactions and correspondence, including those related to account reconciliations.
- Reconcile accounts, review and process journal entries, and internal departmental charging.
- Manage all journal entries and analyze all ledger accounts and reconcile all statements for monthly closing.
- Participate in setting work priorities and in the planning and development of work methods and procedures relating to the processing of accounting documents.
- Control the accuracy of data appearing on accounting documents.
- Transfer data between personal computers and the mainframe, applying the standard control and make necessary corrections.
- Prepare and reconcile sales reports, maintain cash flow and prepare bank deposits.
- Update the computerized management information system as required.
- Perform special operations such as duplicating files for security purposes, making adjustment entries.
- Apply fundamental accounting practices and control to a variety of financial transactions.
Financial Reporting Preparation and Payroll
- Assist in reconciling balance sheet accounts on a monthly basis
- Assist in monthly financial reporting as directed.
- As needed, perform bi-weekly payroll and other related payroll functions.
The ideal candidate would possess the following qualifications:
- Post secondary Diploma in Accounting. Bachelor degree in Business is a definite asset.
- One to three years of related accounting experience in preparing full cycle accounting or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Working experience in non-profit sector would be advantageous.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and Excel. Experiences in AccPac is an asset
- Working knowledge of GAAP.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (both verbal and written).
- Flexible, adaptable, strong organizational, time management and problem solving skills.
- Attention to detail, accuracy and quality.
- Self-motivated and can work independently with minimal supervision.
- Strong orientation towards superior customer service, professionalism and confidentiality.
Interested candidates are invited to submit their resume and cover letter by 12 April 2013 to:
Manager, Finance & Accounting
10527 - 96 Street
Edmonton, AB T5H 2H6
We thank all applicants for their interest. However, only candidates selected for interview will be contacted.