Bishop's University Employee Reviews in Canada

Great experiential work placement
Investigative Data Coder (Former Employee) –  Sherbrooke, QCMarch 31, 2016
As these work duties were completed while I was a student, I am unable to provide a proper assessment of salary and job security.
student job
Teacher's Assistant & Writing Skills Advisor (Current Employee) –  Sherbrooke, QCMarch 1, 2016
It is a part time student job at university, I get paid minimum salary and I am not allowed to work over 10 hours per week. I am a teacher's assistant for an economic class and I tutor all different kinds of classes.
Very close group of staff members. Opportunity for advancement. Tips are very rewarding
Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Sherbrooke, QCJuly 11, 2016
Really fun work environment
Management is very open
Opportunity to make lots of tips
Flexible work hours
Stressful environment when the bar is busy
Pros
Fun work environment. Friendly staff. Great tips
Cons
Challenging work environment. Stressful at times
Very nice employers and job opportunities
Notetaker (Former Employee) –  Sherbrooke, QCMay 12, 2016
I would have to take notes in class and send in notes at the end of the week. I was also a tutor for one of the psychology classes and had flexible working hours. My employers were very nice and always happy to help me if I had any questions.
great educational environment
Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  Sherbrooke, QCMarch 7, 2016
- data entry and data analysis
- great people to work with
- great learning environment
- learnt own to present research articles
- something work was repetitive
- felt like all work was important for final result
Pros
-great flexibility for work hours
Cons
needed to pay parking
Enjoyable workplace environment
Residence & Conference Assistant (Former Employee) –  Sherbrooke, QCSeptember 18, 2013
A great way to experience first hand what goes on behind the scenes at a university facility.

Fortunate to work with co-workers who were always willing to share the workload and management who was always there if need be.

The most enjoyable part of the job was being able to help service parents, fellow students and other customers.

The hardest part of the job was how the shifts were scheduled.
careful and patirnt work
Student patrol and event security (Former Employee) –  Lennoxville, QCJuly 13, 2013
usually I worked at midnight and end at 4 in the morning, my job was student portal or event security which charges Bishops' students' safety when they were in party or met some issues. The important things I learned are responsibility, emotional control, situation analysis and solving problem. The most cases I met were students drunk and fight, but in 6 month working, I and my partners have never written a report because I and my partners always found and solved issues in advance, and our co-workers help and kindness. The Bishops students respect my job and treat us friendly, so I knew a lot of people and we become friends. These are my most enjoyable part. The hardest part is communication with drunk people, the uncertainty what they will do is risky for me and my partners.
Pros
high payroll
Bishops University Jobs
Cash to Card Assistant (Former Employee) –  Sherbrooke, QuebecMarch 6, 2013
Being a student at my school, there are not that many jobs in the field I am looking in and it does not pay well. I am looking for that next step in my life to help me with my career.
Pros
good working environment
Cons
not the work i want to get into
Great enviornment for Computer science student
Computer Science center Assistant (Former Employee) –  Sherbrooke, QCAugust 6, 2014
Have the opportunity work freely. Create new software and hardware developer.