BIRD CONSTRUCTION Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Different tasks daily and not treated well.
Labourer (Former Employee), Calgary, ABMarch 16, 2015
There was always a different task to do and it was all very labor intensive. I learned how big construction projects (Wal-Mart Superstore) are done. My co-workers were very helpful when needed and I was always available to aide them when needed. Management really did not care about their employees, as far as they were concerned we were expendable.
excellent place to work
Labourer (Former Employee), Red EarthMarch 15, 2015
Pros: the camp was really nice
Cons: they cut the wrong guys - the real workers should have stayed
Too bad they hired too many men for the project I was working on , that's why I was cut short as well as many other men were .Although I was cut short , I still had a good experience working for them .
Very great people to work with
Construction Worker (Former Employee), Winnipeg, MBMarch 10, 2015
I had a great experience working with Bird Construction, it gave me an opportunity to work with well experienced men. Hardest part of the job was jack hammering but I enjoyed it despite the physical labor.
UBC student union building (Former Employee), Vancouver, B.C. UBCFebruary 28, 2015
I enjoyed the experience i got from Bird Construction. It prepared me for the trades and gave me valuable experience that will better me in the future as i work on job sites.

A typical day at work was maintaining a clean work site, helping carpenters carrying material that they needed.

Nothing was really too hard, or something that stood out as the hardest part of the job. I just do what needs to be done and keep a positive outlook.
Great company
Cement Finisher/Mason (Former Employee), Fort Hills, AlbertaFebruary 16, 2015
Pros: nice working environment
Cons: away from family
Liked working at this company. It was out of province for me but it was a great experience. The job was good and I learned some new techniques in safety.
Productive, but watch out what you do and what you say
Safety Lead/Advisor (Former Employee), Imperial Oil Kearl lake siteDecember 16, 2014
Always busy days of work
Do the job correctly do not relay on co-worker
Some how good
Coworker were OK in general
Communication
dealing with workers on field, and incidents investigation
n/a
Site Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONOctober 31, 2014
Pros: n/a
Cons: n/a
Contract assignment providing support for the Project Team on the Maple Leaf Processing plant in Hannon.
Great People, Lots of work.
Laborer (Former Employee), Fort McMurray, ABNovember 13, 2013
great company to work for. management actually care about their workers.
Lead HSE Coordinator (Current Employee), CalgaryNovember 4, 2013
I have learned a lot through this organization and wouldn't trade any of it. Great bunch of people and room for advancement.
Great Stepping Stone
Flight/Camp Coordinator and Administrator (Current Employee), Edmonton, ABOctober 21, 2013
Pros: great benifits, will pay to upgrade school for your feild
Cons: working on site, away from home, site management skills vary.
The Company itself is great with a vast amount of oppurtunies
Hard working, long hours, high expectations
Lead Project Coordinator (Current Employee), Edmonton, ABSeptember 16, 2013
Good experience and excellent company to learn about industy
Great Company to work for .
Cement Mason (Former Employee), Fort McMurray, ABAugust 10, 2013
Pros: in town
I enjoyed working in town for this job at the water treatment plant, they are a good company to work for ,management were great easy to get along with as my co-workers were. We would start the day with a safety meeting then were assigned our tasks for the day which mine were pouring and finishing of concrete structures and packing , .Being able to get home not to late.
dont
Lead Hand (Former Employee), Richmond, BCJanuary 8, 2013
Pros: lunches
Cons: long hours
they are all about the words that come out of there mmouth they only provide short term work and will only keep around the low paid workers
Bird Construction . Great Place to work
Health & Safety Coordinator/Advisor (Former Employee), Edmonton, AlbertaDecember 4, 2012
Pros: travel allowance, hours, pay
Cons: lay offs
Productive and a great work enviornment. Enjoyed working for Bird very much. Hope to again in the near future.
Fun place to work at
Safety Coordinator (Former Employee), Fort Mackay, ABJuly 20, 2012
Pros: travel expense paid for flight, taxi included
Bird Construction Company is one of Canada’s leading General Contractors and is recognized for its strong commitment to the growth and prosperity of both our clients and our people. Bird Construction Company was founded as a small partnership in Moose Jaw, Saskatchewan in 1920. Today, we are a highly respected company, operating across Canada.

Primary responsibilities for this role include monitoring compliance with the Bird HSE Program with employees and subcontractors. You will be required to conduct investigations as appropriate and complete related documentation

great place to work! if you love to travel outside the city this companies will give you the opportunity to move around from one project to another
travail avec des professionnels
CARPENTER ~ FOREMAN ~ GENERAL FOREMAN (Former Employee), nord de Fort Mc MurrayAugust 23, 2013
Pros: confreres de travail tres agreables
Cons: trop froid cette hiver la
journee de travail de montage de forme de ciment et cette hiver la ce fut trop froid pour coules du ciment et on a du refaire les formes en somme une job tres agreable et tres apprecie et j'ai été promu foreman et GF