Assistant Account Manager – Public Relations
Birchall & Associates is a boutique Public Relations agency based in Oakville, Ontario with a dynamic, creative and focused team of dedicated specialists. We strive to create and deliver strategic communication programs that yield top results. We are passionate about PR and specialize in consumer products.
We are currently seeking a creative, hardworking and over-the-top thinker to join our PR team in the role of Assistant Account Manager. Reporting directly to the Account Director, the successful candidate will provide support on national PR campaigns and handle the daily execution of program activities.
The selected candidate will have 2-4 years of successful public relations experience (preferably agency) and have a solid understanding of the principles of public relations and social media.
- Report directly to the Account Director.
- Complete PR program tasks, ensure PR plans stay on track and achieve desired success.
- Generate media coverage for clients’ programs as assigned.
- Write, edit and distribute news releases, media information packages and other communication material.
- Monitor and track all media mentions. Build individual monthly media impressions reports.
- Research and write matte articles for distribution.
- Ongoing monitoring and organization of contact database.
- Respond to media inquiries and requests as assigned.
- Assist with media tour management and bookings.
- Contribute to the development of client PR program plans.
Skills & Qualifications:
- 2-4 years of experience working in public relations. Agency experience preferred.
- Bachelor degree in Communications, Journalism or PR related discipline.
- Knowledge of lifestyle media throughout Canada.
- Experience with and proven understanding in media relations.
- Strong creativity and organizational skills. Successful candidate must have the capability to handle multiple projects simultaneously.
- Superior verbal and written communications skills with the ability to articulate in a clear, concise and compelling manner.
- Strong diplomatic and critical listening skills.
- Knowledge of MRP, Cision, CP Style, and other PR tools.
- Comprehension and daily conversational French considered an asset.
- An organized, self-starter who is open to direction but is confident to lead projects.
- Strong understanding of social media platforms preferred. An active social media user is ideal.
We thank all applicants for their interest, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Birchall & Associates is a boutique Public Relations agency based in Oakville, Ontario with a dynamic, creative and focused team of...