BioWare Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Job insecurity and no work life balance to speak of.
QA Tester - Term Contract (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABMay 25, 2015
Pros: Meals were usually provided seeing as we were there 10-12 hours a day.
Cons: During one crunch period, I worked 80-90 hours a week for 3 months. I only came home to sleep, if that.
From day one, we were informed that as QA testers, we were contractors. We had 3 month contracts, and every 3 months we had to defend our jobs and hopefully get another 3 months. The promise was that eventually we'd be hired on as full time employees.

A typical day at work ranged anywhere from 9 to 16 hours of work depending on crunch, with constant deadlines, odd business decisions, and a rapidly changing culture due to pressure from the publisher.

While the testing and other tasks did prove to be rewarding more often than not, there were days where it was more convenient to sleep on a couch, shower in the gym, and just go back to work. There wasn't enough time to go home and sleep. And to top it all off, the pay was horrible.

Many people got laid off when EA decided to clean house, including people who had worked there for 5-10 years. Many of us contractors didn't get picked up as full time employees, and were shown the door.
productive fun work place
Quality Assurance (Former Employee), Edmonton AB CanadaMarch 12, 2015
Pros: free breakfast and some lunches
Cons: low pay
Company is focused on work but knows that employees who sit behind a computer all day can get tired and unfocused, they have a gaming room with pool table, ping pong and arcades to help people break up the boredom.
Fun, forward thinking, encouraged employee advancement
Executive Assistant to the two Co-Founders (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABMay 16, 2013
Pros: opportunities for relocation, and advancement
Cons: unless you are a programer and love dark workplace, it can be a depression environment to work in
Good place to work. Not micromanaged, annual reviews, benefits are OK. They offer frequent employee lunches, and family events, free breakfast every day.