Biogen

Biogen Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
low pressure, fun place to work
Quality Control Associate (Former Employee), Cambridge, MAJune 21, 2015
coworkers are professional and very helpful, relaxed environment
thirsty thursday- free beer and dinner
company trips
Therapy Leader in MS
Presently as Medical Science Liaison Officer (Current Employee), Bengaluru, IndiaJune 19, 2015
Pros: Freedom
Cons: Reporting
A brand which has raised the awareness wrt Multiple Sclerosis in India. Committed to doing that and reputation has been built among the KOL community. Good freedom to work.
Good Company
Executive Area Business Manager (Current Employee), Weston, MAJune 9, 2015
Dynamic company that has had an excellent pipeline and good science. The company has experienced tremendous growth and has a bright future. Biogen is very patient focused.
great company to work for
Senior Associate Scientist (Former Employee), Cambridge, MAJune 1, 2015
A lot of learning, great benefits, good people. Worth working for. Cutting edge software, instruments, Science. Great experience.
Opportunities with some management
Manger (Current Employee), Cambridge, MAMay 4, 2015
Pros: work life balance, benefits
Cons: too many re-orgs, comes with the industry(?)
Too many reorganizations. Always feel like you're in line for a chopping block. Depending on management endless opportunities available. Company as a whole offers excellent benefits, but difficult to determine if you'll be there long enough to reap some of them.
Very fun and professional place to work, Outstanding Team
Executive Assistant (Former Employee), Cambridge, MAMay 4, 2015
Pros: Cafteria on site, easily accessable by public transportation
Cons: Long hiring process
I was very blessed with this position. My manager was easy to understand and held me to a high level of proficiency. He and his team provided multiple opportunities for me to use my skills in logistics, communications, meeting planning, travel and expense reporting within their Concur system. I had been looking for a position that would allow me to stretch my skills and Biogen provided an excellent environment. I very much wanted the position to go permanent but that was not to be. That being said, it was one of the highlights of my working experiences because of the administrative team I was able to work with. Every administrative team member was outstanding and from day 1 I felt welcomed. They really took the time to on-board me correctly, ensuring that I had the tools to succeed. Kudos to Biogen, and excellent place to work!
Very good experience
Manufacturing Associate (Former Employee), Cambridge, MAMay 3, 2015
Pros: Great work enviornment
Cons: Long Hours
Great place to work. Learnt a lot of new things about work. Very professional and welcoming to new crew members. Highly recommended.
nice place
Manufacturing Associate II (Former Employee), Durham, NCApril 16, 2015
Great place to work at it is one of my favorite jobs ive ever had. Long 12 hour shifts with irregular schedule though so be ready for that.
Manufacturing Associate IV (Former Employee), Cambridge, MAApril 13, 2015
Pros: Great benefits
One of the best places to work you are always learning and the management team was always listening to your ideas. I also enjoyed working with the people.
Productive and fun workplace
Sr. IT Analyst, Sourcing and Asset Mgmt. (Current Employee), Weston, MAApril 11, 2015
Pros: Good benefits, company Treats us well, Pay above average. Batch planning is well thought out.
Cons: None
World class company in biopharmaceutical research and development but with an ever evolving culture and management style
Universal Patient Services Coordinator (Current Employee), Durham, NCMarch 26, 2015
Love the culture, benefits, pay...it's all great! Biogen is cutting edge with everything right down to the facility. All of the employees are friendly and there is peace in going to work.
Excellent job culture
Manufacturing Manager (Former Employee), Cambridge, MAMarch 17, 2015
This job had an excellent merit system and the middle management was also good. It had a good work culture, however job security was low.
Once great, now big pharma
Director (Current Employee), CambridgeMarch 9, 2015
New management are focused on constant re-orgs and re-structures, by the time the dust settles and you figure out what is going on, another one is happening. Used to be a great company with a great community. Now it is eat or be eaten.
Fast Paced and Exciting
IT (Current Employee), RaleighMarch 8, 2015
Pros: high pay compared to market.
Cons: poor work-life balance, unflexible schedules, expect ot
This place is no joke, and they compensate well to prove it. But work life balance is a joke, they have a hard time hiring younger people that want a flexible schedule, many unhappy faces these days
Technical Development, Scientist/Manager (Former Employee), Cambridge, MaMarch 5, 2015
Pros: modern work environment, excellent compensation
Cons: commuting into cambridge, potentially long work hours
My review is based on 26 years working in the Technical Development Department. Working at Biogen Idec is greatly rewarding but demands the most from you. The company has always run lean on headcount so expect to have more than enough work. Compensation is excellent including vacation days. Management is moving towards flexibility in work schedule and working out-of-office but this has not translate to the TD department. Biogen historically has done business in a matrix/team effort which at times results in no one owning a final decision. Your colleagues are excellent people and dedicated to the job. As Biogen matures into a prominent biopharmaceutical company, other job opportunities become available for employees to consider. It is not unusual to find employees who have been with the company for 10+ years.
Excellence in Science and Patient care
Sales Management (Current Employee), USFebruary 18, 2015
Pros: products, ceo, people
This is a company growing rapidly. The culture is in flux with a new commercial regime bringing a different feel to the organization.
The science is solid and the vision is well defined.
Excellent company with great vision
Infusion Account Manager (Current Employee), MI, IN, OH territoryFebruary 12, 2015
Excellent company to work for, with great people and vision. Hard charging, high expectations, but pays great dividends. My job entails a lot of travel in a large territory in order to educate HCP's and patients on a specific drug and disease state. I had to be very organized, able to respond quickly, and have a very broad knowledge base. The most difficult part of the job was keeping up with reimbursement in MI, the most enjoyable part of the job were the Clinical Roundtable Dinners.
Working at Biogen Idec
Senior Administrative Assistant, PO&T (Current Employee), Cambridge, MaJanuary 14, 2015
Biogen Idec has been fantastic company to work for. During a typical day I can be working on anything from budgets and purchasing, to travel arrangements and supply ordering. The management team is really supportive, and assist everyone in driving towards their goals.

The hardest part of the job can sometimes be fitting everything into 8 hours, so there is the need for the occasional overtime. The best part of the job are my coworkers, who have become my second family.
Excellent work environment
Vendor Contracts Manager I (Former Employee), Cambridge, MAJanuary 7, 2015
Excellent company, work-life balance, benefits and environment overall.
Great
Associate Scientist I (Current Employee), Cambridge, MADecember 3, 2014
Really great company. entrepreneurial and gives you opportunity to do what you want.

1 2 3 4 5

About Biogen

Biogen (NASDAQ: BIIB) is a global leader in the discovery, development and delivery of innovative therapies to improve the lives – Read more