SENIOR PRINCIPAL SCIENTIST
Job Description: Under the direction of the Departmental Manager, performs special tasks related to analytical projects of high complexity and using LC-MS/MS.
Qualifications: MSc or Ph.D. in Analytical chemistry or related subject with a minimum of 5 years of related experience and directly involved in the use and applications of LC-MS/MS.
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Performs complex bioanalytical method development and method revision tasks, requiring broad knowledge and independent judgment. Conducts validation of methods in preparation for pre-clinical and clinical study analysis.
2. Completes complex and highly specialized projects and biostudies related to LC-MS/MS analysis in APCI or Electrospray modes with positive and negative ion detection. This work requires broad knowledge of all aspects of theoretical chemistry and strategic thinking.
3. Assists and provide research chemists with technical expertise in developing new methods.
4. Provides leadership and mentorship to the research chemists and to other employees in developing and exercising additional skills.
5. Continually coordinates/organizes/integrates resources (staff, materials, activities, information, etc.) used in larger complex projects with flexibility to accommodate frequently changing priorities to meet established objectives
6. Plans and coordinates special projects acting as the project leader with responsibility to accommodate frequently changing priorities.
7. Works independently, with broad latitude, in determining work activities to meet established objectives.
8. Assists in answering Deficiency Letters (DL) in a timely manner for regulatory agencies.
9. Has excellent problem solving skills. Solves complex and difficult problems where additional research is necessary. Shows innovation on an ongoing basis to assist management in solving problems related to any bioanalytical problems.
10. Provides advice, guidance and advanced level training to chemists prior to initiation of clinical sample analysis.
11. Provides advanced troubleshooting and maintenance skills for the LC-MS/MS systems including software and computer systems. Provides a sound knowledge of other laboratory equipments.
12. Assists in Developing and reviewing Standard Operating Procedures.
13. Produces results and reports, in compliance with current applicable Standard Operating Procedures, for submission to Canadian and International regulatory agencies.
14. Demonstrates excellent written and oral communication skills.
15. Provides information with some need for interpretation in dealing with external inquiries.
16. Performs the job in a cost effective manner.
17. Works in a safe manner, complying with all relevant safety procedures and requirements.
18. Exhibits good interpersonal skills, a professional attitude and motivation to produce consistently high quality work.
19. Performs other related duties assigned by the management.