Bio-Chem Consulting Services (1980) Ltd. has been providing laboratory/technical services to the Environmental, Pharmaceutical and Oil and Gas Industries for over 33 years. We are seeking an enthusiastic, energetic, mature, team orientated individual who is interested in pursuing a full time career with our company.
The main focus of this analyst will be in our Corrosion Testing Division, and involves working with chemicals, machinery and may require working with heavy samples.
DUTIES WILL INCLUDE:
- Running various pieces of laboratory equipment, some of which are involved in corrosion testing. Required training is provided.
- Corrosion sample collection, preparation and analysis
- Assisting our analytical services division with laboratory tasks, including laboratory maintenance, sample preparation and analysis.
- Participating in ISO 17025 related analytical activities
BENEFICIAL SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- High mechanical aptitude essential
- Experience with equipment assembly/disassembly and metal shop tools an asset
- B.Sc. University degree preferred (Chemistry or Bio-Chemistry or Corrosion Science) OR diploma from a technical institute in Chemical Engineering Technology or Mechanical Engineering Technology (i.e. SAIT/NAIT)
- Some familiarity with Corrosion Science would be an asset, but we can train
- Excellent oral and written proficiency in the English language
- Mature, high attention to detail, reliable and honest
- Good proficiency with Microsoft Office
- Ability to lift 50lbs
- Familiarity with WHIMS
- First Aid certification and H2S Alive certification Beneficial
A well-written covering letter is a primary condition for us to review your application. Please confirm your date of availability and wage expectations.
Indeed - 21 months ago
Bio-Chem Consulting Services (1980) Ltd. has been providing laboratory/technical services to the Environmental, Pharmaceutical and Oil and...