Job Duties are but are not limited to….
- Follow all policies and procedures as set out in the Bingemans Handbook.
- Organize and supervise staff, function setups, service and bar
- Communicates with function convenor regarding contracts and any changes
- Ensures that captain reports and consumption reports are completed
- Schedules staff
- Supervises bar service and other ongoing events
- Handles floats, change and submitting floats to accounting at the end of a function
- Oversees clean up and ensures that all equipment is put away and work areas are left tidy after the function ends.
- Controls inventories, equipment, beverages and alcohol
- Submits weekly inventory orders
- Focuses on equipment loads and organizing equipment leaving and returning to the building
- Enforces alcohol and smoking regulations
- Ability to train staff in food and beverage service
- Keep a progressive plan for the banquet department
- Coordinate with the other Banquet Managers in delegating tasks, maintaining quality of service and operating standards
- Assume responsibility of the daily operations
- Create an enjoyable work environment for all Staff
- Efficient and effective handling of guest complaints and concerns
- Act as a liaison between the Front of House and the Back of House
- Always be in uniform when on duty
- Attend all required training sessions
- To ensure a clean and safe environment at all times
- Practice aggressive safe food handling procedures
- Abide by policies and guidelines that are defined in the Staff Handbook.
- Comply with relevant health and safety laws as they apply under the Occupational Health & Safety Act, the Regulations and the WHMIS Regulations.
- Any other duties as assigned
Lead by example how to treat customers, maintain a safe work environment, and follow the company’s policies and procedures regarding your department. – see Standard Operating Procedures.
Be aware of new trends for the department
Must have good time management skills, able to work in a constantly fast-paced environment and demonstrated work flexibility.
Must have excellent customer service, tact and diplomacy skills when dealing with customers and peers.
Must be aggressive in drive to achieve desired results
Abide by policies and guidelines that are defined in the Staff Handbook.
Ensure that all peers abide by the policies and guidelines that are defined in the Staff Handbook.
Health and Safety
Ensure that company health and safety guidelines as set out in the Bingemans Policy and Procedure manual are being met
Comply with relevant health and safety laws as they apply under the Occupational Health & Safety Act, the Regulations and the WHMIS Regulations.
Be aware of where all the Pull Stations, emergency exits, Fire Extinguishers and First Aid Kits are located in your area.
Analyse the department for areas of potential injury and proactively suggest methods to divert the possibility of injuries, especially sprain and strain injury, cuts, and burns.
Ensure that any Personal Protective Equipment that is issued to you by the Human Resource Department be worn, and be aware of the ramifications of not wearing it.
All people in the department who come into contact with hazardous chemicals will receive WHMIS training. Material Safety Data Sheets will be updated regularly. Any new chemicals brought into the department must be accompanied by MSDS’s before they are used by Bingemans’ staff.
Attend all training and motivation sessions.
Working to achieve the company’s desired values in Health and Safety, Sales, Customer Service, Environment and Quality of work and work ethic.
Able to work with a large and diverse group of people.
Works hourly shifts, days, evenings, weekends and holidays occasionally.
Able to lift up to 30 pounds.
On feet for extended periods during shift.
Works at off-site locations
Responsible to close the building
High School Completion Certificate
Post Secondary education preferred
Safe Food Handling Certification required.
Smart Serve Certification
WHMIS Training, Ontario Health and Safety Act First aid and CPR trained
Minimum two years Supervisory experience in the Food Service/Hospitality Industry preferably in a banquet environment.
Previous Bartending and serving experience.