The Bimmer Retrofit Experience
At Bimmer Retrofit we are proud to develop and implement some of the world’s most technologically advanced OEM retrofits, specifically developed for luxury vehicles.
Bimmer Retrofit was founded by BMW enthusiasts and engineers, who are passionate about their jobs. If like us – you are passionate about your job, you are results-driven and want to succeed – this is the place for you!
As an Embedded System Software Developer, you will directly report to VP of Engineering and you will be responsible for leading the software and hardware development of our new niche product which will interact with the modern vehicle’s media environment via optical MOST media bus.
In your role you will be asked to:
· Study MOST media protocol documentation, which will be provided
· Design and develop the microcontroller-based hardware (reference design will be provided)
· Develop and write the software code for the micro-controller (ATMEL / NXP) in C language
· Prepare the release documentation for the final product
· Bachelor Degree in Electrical Engineering or equivalent and at least two years of relevant experience
· Exceptional knowledge of C language for micro-controller software development
· Exceptional knowledge of ATMEL or NXP
· Good knowledge of Microsoft Visual Studio 2010 environment
· Proficiency of AutoCAD or Eagle designer for circuit diagram development
· Knowledge of circuit diagrams development and circuit schematics
· Sharp mind
· Superior analytical skills and problem-solving ability
· Great multitasking skills, proven ability to organize your time well and prioritize tasks
· Good knowledge of English (oral and written)
· Desire to undertake new and challenging projects
· Desire for continuous improvement and self-development
Terms and Conditions of employment
· This is a contract job (~2 months) with a possibility of extension or permanent position at Bimmer Retrofit
· Flexible working schedule
· Compensation is based on experience and will be discussed on an individual basis during the interview
· Legal authorization to work in Canada is required
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for interviews will be contacted.
Bimmer Retrofit Inc. is a privately owned company based in Chateauguay, Quebec founded by a small team of BMW enthusiasts, who share a passion for the BMW and its latest technology. Our services include the development and implementation of a variety of OEM retrofits and aftermarket modifications for the BMW, ranging from very simple out-of-the-box solutions to highly customized and advanced retrofits. Our products range from Rear Camera retrofits to Navigation System retrofits including everything in between! Bimmer Retrofit is a fairly young player, but over the the past few years it had grown to become a global company with dealers on 4 of the 5 continents, and is now recognized as a subject-matter expert in the global market.