The Bimmer Retrofit Experience
At Bimmer Retrofit we are proud to develop and implement some of the world’s most technologically advanced OEM retrofits, specifically developed for luxury vehicles.
Bimmer Retrofit was founded by BMW enthusiasts and engineers, who are passionate about their jobs. If like us – you are passionate about your job, you are results-driven and want to succeed – this is the place for you!
As an Embedded System Software Developer, you will directly report to VP of Engineering and you will be responsible for leading the software and hardware development for one of our new products.
In your role you will be asked to:
- Provide help in development of the ARM microcontroller based hardware (reference design and schematics will be provided)
- Develop and write the software code for the micro-controller (NXP under uVision Keil) in C language
- Prepare the release documentation for the final product
- Bachelor Degree in Electrical Engineering or equivalent and at least three years of relevant experience
- Exceptional knowledge of C language for embedded software development
- Exceptional knowledge of ARM (NXP) products
- Good knowledge of uVision (Keil) environment
- Good understanding of circuit diagrams and schematics
- Sharp mind
- Superior analytical skills and problem-solving ability
- Great multitasking skills, proven ability to organize your time well and prioritize tasks
- Good knowledge of English language (oral and written)
- Desire to undertake new and challenging projects
- Desire for continuous improvement and self-development
Terms and Conditions of employment
- This is a contract job (~1 - 3 months) with a possibility of extension through award of new contracts or permanent position at Bimmer Retrofit
- Flexible working schedule (possibility to work from home)
- Compensation is based on experience and will be discussed on an individual basis during the interview
- Legal authorization to work in Canada is required (no exceptions)
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for interviews will be contacted.
Bimmer Retrofit Inc. is a privately owned company based in Chateauguay, Quebec founded by a small team of BMW enthusiasts, who share a passion for the BMW and its latest technology. Our services include the development and implementation of a variety of OEM retrofits and aftermarket modifications for the BMW, ranging from very simple out-of-the-box solutions to highly customized and advanced retrofits. Our products range from Rear Camera retrofits to Navigation System retrofits including everything in between! Bimmer Retrofit is a fairly young player, but over the past few years it had grown to become a global company with dealers on 4 of the 5 continents, and is now recognized as a subject-matter expert in the global market.