Big Kahuna Sport Company is looking for a Shipper/Receiver for our Head office in Surrey BC.
The position is suited for someone who is energetic, friendly, well organized, and able to meet deadlines while focusing on the task at hand. The right candidate will be responsible to perform duties related to a full range of warehouse functions including but not limited to the pick, pack and ship process, receiving, confirming/verifying, and stocking product. Retrieve data from a computerized inventory system, including inventory control and product rotation along with general warehouse duties.
Qualifications and Requirements
- be fluent in English, speaking, reading and writing
- be physically fit and capable to lift up to 50 pounds able to stand on a concrete floor for a good portion of the day
- have the ability to push, pull, reach, bend and twist throughout the work day
- have a great attitude, be positive and a good communicator
- be punctual and reliable
- able to multi tasks
- have a valid BC Driver’s License with a clean drivers abstract (area is not transit friendly)
- be computer literate with MS Office, including Outlook and Excel
- have experience with using an elevated platform (Skyjack) in a safe manner
- knowledge of the Purolator shipping software
- maintain warehouse cleanliness and a safe work environment
- previous warehouse experience with shipping and receiving experience considered an asset
- knowledge in using SAP Business One software considered an asset
- knowledge of sports and the sporting goods industry considered an asset
Regular computer and paperwork work is required in this position although it is not a desk job. This is a full time position, Monday to Friday, 8:30 am to 5:00 pm. Big Kahuna Sport Company offers a competitive remuneration and extended benefits package, along with a respectful workplace environment.
To qualify you must be available to work these hours, the ability to lift up to 50 pounds and stand on a concrete floor during the day, have the ability to push, pull, reach, bend and twist throughout your work day.
Qualified candidates are requested to submit a cover letter and resume, no later than Friday, October 18, 2013 to; e-mail provided, attachments must be in Microsoft Word format and quote Shipper/Receiver in the subject line.
Salary range $ 11.00 - $ 15.00/ hour, dependent upon experience and other factors to be discussed at time of interview.
We sincerely appreciate the interest of all applicants, only those under consideration will be contacted for an interview. No phone calls please.