Big Eagle Services

Big Eagle Services Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Company is growing and blowing
Hot Oiler Operator (Former Employee), Edmonton North to GPFebruary 26, 2014
Pros: good people, good equipment and lots of work.
Cons: are not based in red deer
The maintenance staff and support is awesome. Managers are fair and help out lots. Have more Hot Oiler work then they can handle. I would liked to stay but my wife and kids want to be closer to Red Deer where their family is. Pay is good, and lots of money to be made.
good wok place
steam truck operator / swamper (Former Employee), Fort St John, BCFebruary 8, 2014
Pros: long hours when available
Cons: not enough work at that time
pre-trip trucks vac,hydro vac,steam trucks.go to job sites and work. learned alot about steaming and the oilfield. was good.great co-workers.not enough hours. co-workers and the work when given
New brand and completely different company now. Future looks good.
Salesman (Former Employee), CalgaryJanuary 13, 2014
Pros: new brand and fresh team. positive changes getting results.
Cons: too much tracking and documentation for me.
Lots of communication and clear direction. Focus on teamwork and accountability. Very modern sales approach using the analytical colors profiling.
New Managers, New Equipment, New Culture focused on safety and teamwork.
HydroVac Operator (Former Employee), EdmontonJanuary 13, 2014
Pros: new managers, new equipment, new culture focused on safety and teamwork.
Cons: momma wants me working an 8 to 5 and home on weekends.
I joined Big Eagle and they taught me my skills as a Hydro-vac Operator. Before the new managers arrived the vendors weren't getting paid, we were asked to work unsafely and the equipment was getting run down. But with the new management everything changed for the better. We got 6 new HV units, we were told to work safe and follow HOS regs, and they – more... really are trying to focus on team and balance of work life. If my wife would let me stay I would, but she wants me on a 8 and 5.
Plus, just so everyone knows, there was never any Yuri working n Hydro-vac Edmonton. so that one review is BOGUS! – less
Excellent place to work and develop your craft
Nitrogen Supervisor (Former Employee), Medicine Hat, ABJanuary 12, 2014
Pros: great company with real focus on teamwork and safety.
Cons: i wanted to go on my own. run my own truck.
The company was in trouble but once the owners changed out the entire Management Team ... who came in and changed the culture. It became an excellent place to work with a focus on teamwork, service quality and HSE.
Changes that affected job position
Swamper (Former Employee), grande prairieJanuary 11, 2014
Pros: team effort all around by all.
Cons: cold not for me
Big Eagle has made some serious changes in the last few years including management, sales and staff in all areas. At first resistant to all of this as of the old culture I now realize this has been a beneficial adjustment to the company and the culture associated with it. It has been a long time coming and I find it easy to talk and express my thoughts – more... and opinions to staff and management and actually be listened to. The changes although progressive have made this a company of safety and service. Well done. – less
Excellent place, most excellent people, good managers
HydroVac Operator (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABJanuary 11, 2014
Pros: company is growing, good managers, good pay, good equipment with good mechanics.
Cons: its not home, its not pei or the rock.
i enjoyed my time at The Eagle, the Managers treated me good, especially WB and CT. I didn't wanna leave but once I went home to the Coast for Xmas and time with family, then found out I could hydrovac out here, I just had to stay out East.
Excellent company with completely new Executive Management team, this company is making the right changes is now going places
Senior Sales Rep (Former Employee), Calgary, ABJanuary 11, 2014
Pros: great leadership and continually improving.
Cons: i left because i was given an opportunity to become a sales manager
I was a Senior Sales Account Manager and worked for Big Eagle for almost two years. While I was employed at Big Eagle the Management Team was continually working to improve the bench strength and direction of the company. This can be seen by their excellent safety record and improvements in Service Quality, condition of the equipment and customer satisfaction.
Company is Doomed
Account Manager (Former Employee), Calgary, ABOctober 10, 2013
This company is terribly managed and will likely go bankrupted soon.
There are some talented employees, but unfortunately the management team does not listen to their employees.
Terrible company, NEVER work for Big Eagle
Hydrovac swamper (Former Employee), EdmontonAugust 13, 2013
From day one to my last day I had problems in this company. Terrible management, every single time I'd get a paycheck, there would be a problem. A huge company that tries to screw with you and your payments. DO NOT waste time applying for those guys. At the end of your term of work they want you to pay back 2400$. They laid me off from one of the locations, – more... but later on decided to turn my "lay off" into 'fired' to avoid paying me the vacation pay and more than 1000$ of salary that they owed me. They will screw with your overtime hours and find any reason to pay regular rate for your overtime hours. All hydro trucks are pieces of junk and never work properly, constantly need repair. A multi-million company would rent out a room for you with a roommate (!).
Nothing personal, this is not a revenge, just telling it as it is.

(Don't waste your time for those guys, after one week of training I did not receive any of my certificates) – less
Worse place I have ever worked!
Everything asked of me (Former Employee), AlbertaMay 13, 2013
Pros: i quit!
Cons: negitive work place, horrible hr team, management is rude to ppl "below them"
This is one of the worse companies I have ever worked for because the HR team is so close that no matter what your issues is everyone will know whats going on.
They didn't give me my tickets or my last pay without fighting for it.
They have HUGE financial issues and they make you believe everythng is okay!
Very Busy Company to work for
Regional Safety Professional (Former Employee), Camrose, ABFebruary 26, 2013
Pros: benefits and salary
Cons: long periods of time from home
BE was a great company to work for. There were/are some great people working for this company and this is the main reason that a lot of us stayed as long as we did. My position required extensive travel and long periods away from the home base. This was offset by the opprotunity to take unscheduled time off for O/T worked to be with family and friends. – more... Benefits were good and the salary more than adequated. – less
bad company
swamper (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABJanuary 21, 2013
Pros: money
Cons: everything else
work wasnt bad and learned alot but managment was horrible!!, co workers were all good but they didnt care about there employees one biit at that place!!! so glad ive moved on and found better things !

February 18, 2013

I hear ya, I'm still suffering at this joke of a place. Would you help a guy out and let me know where you went?

great crew to work for
Hydro-Vac swamper (Current Employee), Fort McMurray, ABAugust 28, 2012
great crew to work for easy going makes the long hot days enjoyable
good place to work
Journeyman Mechanic/ Shift Leader (Current Employee), medicine hat, ABMay 2, 2012
Goos enviroment, good people to work with, lots of new and intresting things to learn and do.

Big Eagle Services Photos