Big Eagle Services Employee Reviews

big experience for me
Admin/Reception (Former Employee) –  calgary,AB22 July 2015
it was really a good experience for me to work at big eagle,they were supportive and nice,fun to work with and very clean place too.
good positive work enviroment
Heavy Duty Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Swift Current, SK16 July 2015
In the shop we worked 7-4 with some overtime. We also had a shop in 3 hrs away that we went to periodically with the service truck for a day or two each month and maintained 6 to 8 trucks down there. we did a lot of suspension and brake work, ABS, transmissions, clutches and some engine work. we did not do engine in-frames but we did almost everything else. we worked on Hydraulics and high pressure water pumps.
I worked directly under a shop foreman who organized the work to be done and prioritized. it was his job to get us the parts we needed to do the work.
My co-workers were respectful and easy to get along with.
Pros
good people to work with
Cons
bad financial position
Fun place to work with everday knowlegde
HR Training Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB3 June 2015
I honestly Love HR, I love dealing with people, the employees, and see what can be improved on for the well being of the workers and the company.
Hard days were working a lot of long ours and weekends during our busy season Sept- March. when we restructured, was left with a lot to do on some of administrative side.

the Hardest part of my job is the unknown in the economy. But I have an amazing group of coworkers that stay as positive as they can, to make a stressful time fun.

I have learned SO much within my 7 years at this company...... Dispatching the guys out, to entry level safety, administrative duties and experiences. My love for HR. this was the year I was going to start my part time learning to get my HR Certification/ Diploma and my big goal is to get my CHRP and or similar level of achievement and work for the Government of Alberta or Saskatchewan.
Pros
easy going staff
Cons
not alot of " Team Building" outside of work.
OIlfield drill vac fun in Alberta
vac truck operator (Former Employee) –  Nisku3 March 2015
Lots of time in the field. Alot of different places and types of oilfield truck work available. Decent people on location
isolated camp setting , good co workers , bad equipment
Driver Operator (Former Employee) –  Zama City, AB4 April 2014
Working for Big Eagle services in Zama City was a good experience for me I enjoyed the people I worked with made alot of lasting friend ships unfortunately I felt that the equipment wasn't properly maintained for the nature of the work due to the inexperience and neglect of the manger in Zama. there was 5 other people that quit around the same time I did
Pros
all accomodations were provided as well as travel within Alberta
Cons
lack of maintance and condition of equipment eg. bald tires, leaky pumps on sour seal units, stuck valves, etc. and safety concerns
Company is growing and blowing
Hot Oiler Operator (Former Employee) –  Edmonton North to GP26 February 2014
The maintenance staff and support is awesome. Managers are fair and help out lots. Have more Hot Oiler work then they can handle. I would liked to stay but my wife and kids want to be closer to Red Deer where their family is. Pay is good, and lots of money to be made.
Pros
Good people, good equipment and LOTS of work.
Cons
Are not based in Red Deer
good wok place
steam truck operator / swamper (Former Employee) –  Fort St John, BC8 February 2014
pre-trip trucks vac,hydro vac,steam trucks.go to job sites and work. learned alot about steaming and the oilfield. was good.great co-workers.not enough hours. co-workers and the work when given
Pros
long hours when available
Cons
not enough work at that time
New brand and completely different company now. Future looks good.
Salesman (Former Employee) –  Calgary13 January 2014
Lots of communication and clear direction. Focus on teamwork and accountability. Very modern sales approach using the analytical colors profiling.
Pros
New brand and fresh Team. Positive changes getting results.
Cons
Too much tracking and documentation for me.
New Managers, New Equipment, New Culture focused on safety and teamwork.
HydroVac Operator (Former Employee) –  Edmonton13 January 2014
I joined Big Eagle and they taught me my skills as a Hydro-vac Operator. Before the new managers arrived the vendors weren't getting paid, we were asked to work unsafely and the equipment was getting run down. But with the new management everything changed for the better. We got 6 new HV units, we were told to work safe and follow HOS regs, and they really are trying to focus on team and balance of work life. If my wife would let me stay I would, but she wants me on a 8 and 5.
Plus, just so everyone knows, there was never any Yuri working n Hydro-vac Edmonton. so that one review is BOGUS!
Pros
New Managers, New Equipment, New Culture focused on safety and teamwork.
Cons
Momma wants me working an 8 to 5 and home on weekends.
Excellent place to work and develop your craft
Nitrogen Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Medicine Hat, AB12 January 2014
The company was in trouble but once the owners changed out the entire Management Team ... who came in and changed the culture. It became an excellent place to work with a focus on teamwork, service quality and HSE.
Pros
Great company with real focus on teamwork and safety.
Cons
I wanted to go on my own. Run my own truck.
Changes that affected job position
Swamper (Former Employee) –  grande prairie11 January 2014
Big Eagle has made some serious changes in the last few years including management, sales and staff in all areas. At first resistant to all of this as of the old culture I now realize this has been a beneficial adjustment to the company and the culture associated with it. It has been a long time coming and I find it easy to talk and express my thoughts and opinions to staff and management and actually be listened to. The changes although progressive have made this a company of safety and service. Well done.
Pros
Team effort all around by all.
Cons
Cold not for me
Excellent place, most excellent people, good managers
HydroVac Operator (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB11 January 2014
i enjoyed my time at The Eagle, the Managers treated me good, especially WB and CT. I didn't wanna leave but once I went home to the Coast for Xmas and time with family, then found out I could hydrovac out here, I just had to stay out East.
Pros
company is growing, good managers, good pay, good equipment with good mechanics.
Cons
its not home, its not PEI or The Rock.
Excellent company with completely new Executive Management team, this company is making the right changes is now going places
Senior Sales Rep (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB11 January 2014
I was a Senior Sales Account Manager and worked for Big Eagle for almost two years. While I was employed at Big Eagle the Management Team was continually working to improve the bench strength and direction of the company. This can be seen by their excellent safety record and improvements in Service Quality, condition of the equipment and customer satisfaction.
Pros
Great leadership and continually improving.
Cons
I left because i was given an opportunity to become a Sales Manager
Company is Doomed
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB10 October 2013
This company is terribly managed and will likely go bankrupted soon.
There are some talented employees, but unfortunately the management team does not listen to their employees.
Terrible company, NEVER work for Big Eagle
Hydrovac swamper (Former Employee) –  Edmonton13 August 2013
From day one to my last day I had problems in this company. Terrible management, every single time I'd get a paycheck, there would be a problem. A huge company that tries to screw with you and your payments. DO NOT waste time applying for those guys. At the end of your term of work they want you to pay back 2400$. They laid me off from one of the locations, but later on decided to turn my "lay off" into 'fired' to avoid paying me the vacation pay and more than 1000$ of salary that they owed me. They will screw with your overtime hours and find any reason to pay regular rate for your overtime hours. All hydro trucks are pieces of junk and never work properly, constantly need repair. A multi-million company would rent out a room for you with a roommate (!).
Nothing personal, this is not a revenge, just telling it as it is.

(Don't waste your time for those guys, after one week of training I did not receive any of my certificates)
Worse place I have ever worked!
Everything asked of me (Former Employee) –  Alberta 13 May 2013
This is one of the worse companies I have ever worked for because the HR team is so close that no matter what your issues is everyone will know whats going on.
They didn't give me my tickets or my last pay without fighting for it.
They have HUGE financial issues and they make you believe everythng is okay!
Pros
I quit!
Cons
Negitive work place, horrible HR team, management is rude to ppl "below them"
Very Busy Company to work for
Regional Safety Professional (Former Employee) –  Camrose, AB26 February 2013
BE was a great company to work for. There were/are some great people working for this company and this is the main reason that a lot of us stayed as long as we did. My position required extensive travel and long periods away from the home base. This was offset by the opprotunity to take unscheduled time off for O/T worked to be with family and friends. Benefits were good and the salary more than adequated.
Pros
benefits and salary
Cons
long periods of time from home
bad company
swamper (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB21 January 2013
work wasnt bad and learned alot but managment was horrible!!, co workers were all good but they didnt care about there employees one biit at that place!!! so glad ive moved on and found better things !
Pros
money
Cons
everything else
great crew to work for
Hydro-Vac swamper (Current Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB28 August 2012
great crew to work for easy going makes the long hot days enjoyable
good place to work
Journeyman Mechanic/ Shift Leader (Current Employee) –  medicine hat, AB2 May 2012
Goos enviroment, good people to work with, lots of new and intresting things to learn and do.