Title: QA Manager
Location: Toronto East (DVP / Eglinton)
Duration: 48 weeks
Rate: up to $68
- The QA Manager will work closely with the Technology Project Manager and provide research, analysis, design, execution, maintenance and support of testing solutions that are appropriate to assigned projects driven by established guidelines and standards.
- Work closely with the Technology Project Manager, accountable for all phases of testing for a project or release including Integration Testing, Business Acceptance Testing, Performance Testing, Operational Testing, Production Acceptance testing and Warranty support.
- Lead test team in the delivery of Test Strategy, Test Planning, Test Preparation and Test Execution activities in adherence to company standards.
- Take the ownership and co-ordinate the planning and support of various testing cycles with both IT and business partners.
- Provide testing estimates and revisions as per SDLC for costs and resources. Track financial actuals against the budget and forecasts
- Manage resource requirements for testing resources on a project / release.
- Manage creation; review and sign off of testing documentation (e.g. test plans, schedule, cost estimates, test cases, defect logs, test phase closure reports). Ensure all test artifacts adhere to standards and audit requirements
- Create testing strategies and plans using risk analysis methodologies and tools and that align with the development approach/methodology selected for the project.
- Understand and communicate testing impact of scope changes/PCRs to the project management team both from a timeline/cost and a risk perspective.
- Review and provide input to project documentation and monitor and continue to assess and mitigate testing risks and monitor and track testing progress.
- Prioritize testing tasks based on goals and risks of projects and ensure testing milestones, activities and tasks are completed as scheduled.
- Chair the daily defect / status calls to ensure defects are documented and tracked and defect fixes are retested in timely manner.
- Participate in test case creation and test case execution when required to ensure test teams meet project timelines.
- Lead team in using test tools, defect tracking tools as per company Standards.
- Participate in Audit reviews of Test Artifacts when required.
- Contribute to project readiness assessments and participate and contribute to lessons learned.
- Ensure testing is conducted in a manner that does not impact the production environment and in accordance with established information security, privacy policies and guidelines.
- Manage sign off of Test Strategy, Test Plan and Entry/Exit criteria with appropriate project partners.
- Communicate and negotiate testing timelines, budget, staffing, scope and critical milestones with project managers when needed.
- Ensure timely notification of issues/problems and make recommendations for resolutions to project team and resolve and/or escalate testing issues where required.
- Manage relationships with project team members, third party vendors/ service partners and release teams as appropriate.
- Foster an environment that encourages productivity, innovation, teamwork and a high level of professionalism
- Work with business stakeholders and other SMEs to assess current capabilities and understand high-level business requirements
- Understand business requirements and apply technical background/understanding in the development of any consolidated documentation if needed.
- Participate in defining detailed product requirements and use cases.
- Work with the project manager, architects, and other team members to define metrics and performance goals for the application.
- Lead the testing team in translating requirements and use cases into test conditions and expected results for product, performance, user acceptance, and operational acceptance testing.
- Act as a technical resource for business partners to ensure deliverables meet business and end-user requirements.
- Participate in knowledge transfer within the team and business units
REQUIRED SKILLS / EXPERIENCE:
- Minimum 10 years working experience in the Information Technology area, with at least 5 years fulfilling the Testing Manager role
- Highly technical, but prefer to work in testing and quality assurance.
- Advanced knowledge of testing methodology and tools on a broad, organizational level
- Sound to advanced knowledge of business/organization, bank standards, and technology in related areas from a test manager perspective
- Proven track record of completing projects to specifications while dealing with challenges such as cross-team dependencies, changing schedules, and constantly evolving requirements.
- Ability to work independently and in a team