Title: IT Manager
Client: Big-5 Bank
Location: Downtown Toronto
PLEASE NOTE: Client will only consider candidates who are available for face-to-face interviews.
- The team provides engineering, development and production Middleware Infrastructure Support. Technologies used include components from vendors like TIBCO, SUN and IBM.
- The IT Manager will provide ongoing direction, leadership and assistance in developing and delivering a high-quality middleware Infrastructure.
- This position requires a seasoned IT Manager with strong middleware and messaging experience, preferably in the financial sector.
- Manage the integration of all systems, projects and technical interfaces to ensure a high level of service and support to the client and efficient system operation
- Work with clients to prepare comprehensive IT solutions that meet/ exceed client objectives for new and existing systems / applications
- Support/ Participate in developing the strategic direction of own area
- Comply with the system development life cycle (SDLC) and project management methodology (PMLC) - including development of project plans, documentation of system requirements, estimates of scope and cost, etc.
- May conduct/oversee IT planning with internal clients, prioritize activities and allocate resources consistent with business strategy and objectives
- Negotiate and document project deliverables, timelines, project charters / costing, roles, responsibilities and critical milestones
- Establish project teams and ensure agreed deliverables are communicated and delivered within time, budget and quality parameters
- Ensure all design reviews, quality assurance and post-implementation reviews are conducted against critical success factors, per the project plan and objectives
- Communicate project status and provide timely escalation of issues to ensure project objectives are met
- Develop and manage a team of professional resources by recruiting, training, coaching and conducting performance assessment of team members
- Contribute to the global management team by sharing knowledge / expertise and contributing to sound decisions
- Coach team members and provide ongoing feedback to ensure achievement of business, department and individual goals
- Foster a cohesive team environment within own team and across IT as a whole
- Ensure that our change and release management processes are adhered to
- Ensure that TRMIS security and other regulatory policies such as SOX are adhered to
- Plan, conduct and participate in staff coaching sessions, and regularly monthly team meetings
- Advanced knowledge of banking technology standards (infrastructure, architecture, processes, applications) and managing people/projects
- Proven experience in managing leading messaging systems (TIBCO, WebSphere MQ, Solace).
- Management of multiple teams and/or projects with increasing degree of complexity and broad scope
- Works independently and often autonomously in the management of projects, teams and operational disciplines and develops strategic thinking/ planning in the execution of work plans
- Manages system enhancements, new releases or projects typically focused on a specific product/application of moderate scope and complexity
- Team management / leadership (25+) of IT professionals (developers, analysts, specialists, administrators and QA specialists)
- Direct, train and develop staff to enable them to meet challenges, department objectives and achieve full potential.
- Work with HR to recruit staff with the correct level of skills and competencies, adhering to the Bank’s recruitment procedures and best practices.
- Provide leadership, direction, advice and guidance to the team, thus maintaining high levels of integrity, motivation and morale.
- Maintain staff competence by ensuring that staff skills or knowledge gaps are met with appropriate training and development, so they are able to perform to their maximum capability and fulfill their potential.
- Continuously look for opportunities for professional development.
- Proven experience as a confident leader, comfortable working in a changing environment
- Project Management experience in an IT environment.
- Ability to multi-task and manage multiple teams and client demands concurrently.
- Previous experience in development, internal applications, or application management is an asset.
- Demonstrated ability to build consensus and buy-in.
- Strong relationship management skills with clients and IT partners.
- Diploma / bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related discipline.
- ITIL v2 / v3 Foundations Certification