BI Worldwide Employee Reviews

BI worldwide has offered me the position.of a trainer into art and craft
Trainer (Former Employee) –  Pune, Maharashtra14 October 2016
I ENJOY working in different IT companies..teaching employees and giving them.some stress free moments through art and craft.
Its real fun to work eith BI.
I have enjoyed all my training sessions.
Pros
Good returns
Sr.Tableau Developer (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis, MN29 September 2016
• 7+ years of professional experience in client requirement analysis, creating reports, gathering requirements, publishing reports, implementing procedures, planning, coding, debugging, testing, deployment
• Performed business requirements analysis, transformed those into plans and recommendations.
• Proficient in developing Tableau Dashboards/Reports/User stories.
• Having experience in connecting tableau to various data sources like SQL server, Oracle, google analytics, Google Big Query, excel, access, DB2 etc.
good project
Weblogic/JBOSS Administrator/Dev Ops Engineer (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis, MN25 March 2016
By the support of my team lead we had completed project in given time and had very good help from management side and coming to work we were having good team work so that we are easy to complete the task.
Fun Place to work with good learning
Middleware Administrator (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MN23 March 2016
Good Learning and a very supportive staff and a very nice place to work. Challenging roles to keep you motivated to work and try hard to give your best all the time.
we gave good productivity on that year
Middleware/Weblogic Admin (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MN21 March 2016
my project has came out with good productivity and my manager used to gave good guidance to finish project in soon,
we delivered project before given in time
Exposure to multiple business processes
Customer service representative (Former Employee) –  Eden Valley, MN30 December 2015
While working at BI Worldwide I was able to work with a large variety of companies such as General Motors and IBM.We provided a 100% customer service guarantee which was the foundation for hard work.
Company is slow to process programs
Business Development Director - Michigan (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis, MN21 October 2015
BI is a good company to work for, but slow to process programs. Very structured, which can slow things down. Lots to sell, but maybe too much.
Pros
Nice benefits
Cons
Very silo'd need to change things up a bit.
Comfortable work environment and team atmosphere
Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Troy, MI30 August 2015
BI Worldwide is very flexible when it comes to work/life balance. The accommodate the need to work from home to attend to other business provided all work gets done, meetings are attended and schedules are met. Team is easy going, however, the organization is so flat there is only one person in each job with no backup. This makes covering vacations difficult or if someone leaves the learning curve to fill that position is large.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
Job stability, "flat" organization - no advancement
Productive and Fun workplace.
Business Development Manager (Former Employee) –  Bangalore, KA8 July 2015
Productive and Fun workplace. I would recommend anyone to work for this company. Its a great place and lots of learning.
This is a great company to work for if you already know the people that work there.
Senior CSR / Dropship Inquiries Team (Current Employee) –  Eden Valley, MN11 June 2015
In reviewing BI Worldwide, it is my opinion that it is a great place to work if you know someone that already works there, or live in the town. Unfortunately, your raises do not reflect the work that you do on a daily basis. You can have one person that carries the weight of 5 people, gets good reviews, and maybe gets a $.20 cents per hour raise. Many of the people that work there like to spread rumors about their co-workers. And then there are others there that will not do their jobs, and get praise from the Management Team when they do one little part of their job just to appease their boss. Many of the temps that they bring in have no work ethic, sense of urgency, and lack loyalty and accountability. Many of the employees, due to the "friendships" with higher ups in the company, are able to get away with doing hardly anything; while other employees that don't "schmooz" with the bosses are expected to pick up the slack left behind. I have worked for much larger companies than this one, and have never worked in such a backward environment where even the Management team does not follow their own rules, nor do they get in trouble for breaking any of them. All in all, if you have never worked for a larger company to know the difference, you would probably think that this was a great company to work for; but if you have experience than you would know right away that there is something wrong with how the company is run in the small town.
Pros
Sometimes the employees are given points to spend in the catalog, time off certificates, and other small incentives for doing a job well done.
Cons
Too much favortism, too little compensation for a job well done, and not enough disciplinary actions taken against poor performances by employees.
Wonderful place to work; Great company and great people!
Group Air Management Consultant, Group Travel (Former Employee) –  Edina, MN27 May 2015
BI is a great place to work and I highly recommend it. Management is wonderful. It's a very positive and encouraging environment. The hardest part of my job was during busy season we put in quite a bit of over time.
Pros
Encouraging atmosphere; Advancement opportunites
Cons
Can't think of any
Amazing place to work.
Creative Director (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis, MN6 May 2015
I've never worked for a company that cares so much about its people. I think BIW has some structural/organizational changes that really need to be made but I absolutely adore this company.
Pros
TONS of charitable opportunities, countless afternoon parties, Global presence
Cons
too many silos, no opportunity to work remote
Great agency who work had and play hard.
Client Services Executive (Former Employee) –  Newport Pagnell, Milton Keynes, UK5 January 2015
BI Worldwide was a fantastic company to work for.

My job role was really varied and no two working days were ever the same.

I learned so much about the Performance Improvement industry, an industry I wasn't previously familiar with.

My team were hard working, helpful and trustworthy.

The most challenging part of my job was the reliability we had on other departments within the company, in order to deliver to our clients.

The most enjoyable part of my job was the variety. I had a mix of data input, creative writing and customer service.
Pros
Company incentives, company days out, team building exercises, one great big team.
Cons
Project handling between different departments was not always smooth.
Great Company
Business Development Director (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MN3 December 2014
Best in their industry, leading edge technology and dedicated internal teams.
Pros
Wonderful Culture
Cons
Regional Managers lack leadership skills and are not trusted
Excellent place to work!
Business Development Director (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MN1 October 2014
Strong, forward thinking leadership, great culture and wonderful associates.
Great place with a lot to offer, co workers are very friendly also
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Eden Valley, MN12 March 2014
Answering phone calls, sending emails and chat with customers. I learned how to resolve issues and calm down customers. Managers were very kind and understanding. Coworkers were very fun to work with and help out with any questions. Hardest part of the job was handling irate callers. The best part of the job was going above and beyond customers expectations and hearing there gratitude.
Great industry that practices what they preach.
National Project Administrator, Team Leader (Former Employee) –  San Ramon, CA28 January 2014
The work was fun, challenging, and team-building. Recognition was abundant and fulfilling and created an environment of want to succeed / do a great job.
Fun place to work
Product Director (Current Employee) –  Edina, MN15 September 2013
Great place to work, flexible schedule and fun events.

You get to work with customers in many different industries.
Pros
Great summer dress code and parties
Cons
Benefits and advancement opportunities
Good company with marginal benifits
Technical Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MN6 September 2013
Very customer focused and fast paced. Very data driven. Most difficult part of job was on-ramping - lack of documentation and direction.
Pros
Good employer employee relationship
Cons
bit of a sweat shop
No work life balance. Out of touch technology managers with outdated knowledge
Developer (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis, mn30 May 2013
Authoritative and weird way of managers especially in this group called TSG.They expect robots not people which is ironic since the company is all about "people" and their "motivation". Well, duh, charity begins at home!!