BI Worldwide Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Productive and Fun workplace.
Business Development Manager (Former Employee), Bangalore, KAJuly 8, 2015
Productive and Fun workplace. I would recommend anyone to work for this company. Its a great place and lots of learning.
This is a great company to work for if you already know the people that work there.
Senior CSR / Dropship Inquiries Team (Current Employee), Eden Valley, MNJune 11, 2015
Pros: Sometimes the employees are given points to spend in the catalog, time off certificates, and other small incentives for doing a job well done.
Cons: Too much favortism, too little compensation for a job well done, and not enough disciplinary actions taken against poor performances by employees.
In reviewing BI Worldwide, it is my opinion that it is a great place to work if you know someone that already works there, or live in the town. Unfortunately, your raises do not reflect the work that you do on a daily basis. You can have one person that carries the weight of 5 people, gets good reviews, and maybe gets a $.20 cents per hour raise. Many of the people that work there like to spread rumors about their co-workers. And then there are others there that will not do their jobs, and get praise from the Management Team when they do one little part of their job just to appease their boss. – more... Many of the temps that they bring in have no work ethic, sense of urgency, and lack loyalty and accountability. Many of the employees, due to the "friendships" with higher ups in the company, are able to get away with doing hardly anything; while other employees that don't "schmooz" with the bosses are expected to pick up the slack left behind. I have worked for much larger companies than this one, and have never worked in such a backward environment where even the Management team does not follow their own rules, nor do they get in trouble for breaking any of them. All in all, if you have never worked for a larger company to know the difference, you would probably think that this was a great company to work for; but if you have experience than you would know right away that there is something wrong with how the company is run in the small town. – less
Wonderful place to work; Great company and great people!
Group Air Management Consultant, Group Travel (Former Employee), Edina, MNMay 27, 2015
Pros: Encouraging atmosphere; Advancement opportunites
Cons: Can't think of any
BI is a great place to work and I highly recommend it. Management is wonderful. It's a very positive and encouraging environment. The hardest part of my job was during busy season we put in quite a bit of over time.
Amazing place to work.
Creative Director (Current Employee), Minneapolis, MNMay 6, 2015
Pros: TONS of charitable opportunities, countless afternoon parties, Global presence
Cons: too many silos, no opportunity to work remote
I've never worked for a company that cares so much about its people. I think BIW has some structural/organizational changes that really need to be made but I absolutely adore this company.
Productive and Fun work place
Java Developer (Current Employee), MNFebruary 27, 2015
Pros: free lunch
Cons: short breaks
Good Days at work
Learned a Lot
management is superb
Co-Workers Helped me a lot
No Hardest part of my job
The most enjoyable part of my job is first day
Productive and fun work place.
PL/SQL DEVELOPER (Current Employee), Edina, MNJanuary 19, 2015
Nice environment,Good culture,excellent maintenanceNice environment,Good culture,excellent maintenanceNice environment,Good culture,excellent maintenanceNice environment,Good culture,excellent maintenance
Great agency who work had and play hard.
Client Services Executive (Former Employee), Newport Pagnell, Milton Keynes, UKJanuary 5, 2015
Pros: company incentives, company days out, team building exercises, one great big team.
Cons: project handling between different departments was not always smooth.
BI Worldwide was a fantastic company to work for.

My job role was really varied and no two working days were ever the same.

I learned so much about the Performance Improvement industry, an industry I wasn't previously familiar with.

My team were hard working, helpful and trustworthy.

The most challenging part of my job was the reliability we had on other departments within the company, in order to deliver to our clients.

The most enjoyable part of my job was the variety. I had a mix of data input, creative writing and customer service.
Great Company
Business Development Director (Former Employee), Minneapolis, MNDecember 3, 2014
Pros: wonderful culture
Cons: regional managers lack leadership skills and are not trusted
Best in their industry, leading edge technology and dedicated internal teams.
Excellent place to work!
Business Development Director (Former Employee), Minneapolis, MNOctober 1, 2014
Strong, forward thinking leadership, great culture and wonderful associates.
Great place with a lot to offer, co workers are very friendly also
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Eden Valley, MNMarch 12, 2014
Answering phone calls, sending emails and chat with customers. I learned how to resolve issues and calm down customers. Managers were very kind and understanding. Coworkers were very fun to work with and help out with any questions. Hardest part of the job was handling irate callers. The best part of the job was going above and beyond customers expectations and hearing there gratitude.
Great industry that practices what they preach.
National Project Administrator, Team Leader (Former Employee), San Ramon, CAJanuary 28, 2014
The work was fun, challenging, and team-building. Recognition was abundant and fulfilling and created an environment of want to succeed / do a great job.
Fun place to work
Product Director (Current Employee), Edina, MNSeptember 15, 2013
Pros: great summer dress code and parties
Cons: benefits and advancement opportunities
Great place to work, flexible schedule and fun events.

You get to work with customers in many different industries.
Good company with marginal benifits
Technical Project Manager (Former Employee), Minneapolis, MNSeptember 6, 2013
Pros: good employer employee relationship
Cons: bit of a sweat shop
Very customer focused and fast paced. Very data driven. Most difficult part of job was on-ramping - lack of documentation and direction.
No work life balance. Out of touch technology managers with outdated knowledge
Developer (Current Employee), Minneapolis, mnMay 30, 2013
Authoritative and weird way of managers especially in this group called TSG.They expect robots not people which is ironic since the company is all about "people" and their "motivation". Well, duh, charity begins at home!!
Fun, egergetic, fast-paced office.
Travel Service Representative (Former Employee), Edina, MNFebruary 3, 2013
If you like the travel industry, you will love BI! They provide fun activities for employees including company volleyball tournaments, food truck service, and live entertainment. This is a very fast-paced office, yet it is not a stressful environment at all.
Creative, agile and energetic company
DESIGN DIRECTOR - STRATEGIC ACCOUNT (Former Employee), Minneapolis, MNAugust 1, 2012
Pros: the people (employees of bi), the customers (every one had their own unique situation), identifying and solving the customers' challenges, creating programs that produced measurable results for our customers, collaboration and brainstorming
Cons: a lot of meetings, the economy (not a bi issue) that really impacted our business in 2008-2010, internal technology limitations
Day at work: meetings, brainstorming, designing / developing / authoring performance improvement solutions for our Fortune 1000 customers, etc.
What I learned: the secrets of employee and sales channel engagement ... what grabs your audience's attention? what moves the middle? How to develop performance improvement initiatives that integrate awareness, training/tools, measurement and recognition/reward to drive measurable results.
Co-Workers; great people, generous people, positive people and creative people.
Hardest Part of the Job: Building the partnerships with and confidence of our customers ... behavior change is not a project or program, it is a process of changing a culture. It takes time and some companies (in the recent economy) have not had the luxury of time to follow a plan of transformation.
Most enjoyable Part: the brainstorming, the internal partnership with your co-workers, the people - great people! Driving transformation, recognition and reward and measurable results for our customers!