BHP Billiton

BHP Billiton Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Awesome Place to work
SAP PP Data Coach (Current Employee), Miami, AZNovember 8, 2012
Pros: amazing healthcare
Cons: a distance to drive to
Very relaxed with no pressure...

Co workers are amazing

No one gossips

You feel like you are an adult in this workforce!

January 5, 2013

Extream pressure Co Workers are for the majority goood people Big time Gossip Big Politics and you need to be one of the chosen few. Upper Management takes car of thier kids and the ones native to Miami. Crafts are low paided due to the steel workers representing them.

safe,productive many activities after work
dump truck operator/ in cab trainer (Current Employee), Area C PilbaraNovember 6, 2012
Pros: good money, personal improvement
Cons: long hours, 2 and 1
Safe, productive work enviroment.Gym,tennis court,walking track,excelent food
Good work crew
Liftng technician (Former Employee), Newman, WANovember 5, 2012
Pros: good family lifestyle
Cons: bhp billiton have a dobbing system in place which is an incentive.
Co-workers were great, management not so great, I felt the super intendants didn't support me and felt intimidated by there actions.
It a company which is safe to work in, people are communicative, the job is challenging and requiers certain skills
Millwright (Current Employee), Richards Bay Kwazulu NatalOctober 31, 2012
Pros: we do get freebbies everynow and then especially on birthdays
Cons: i work 12 hour shift
Im a work dedicated person , i do team work , reports and problemsolvinh, i work safe coz it my responsibility
Productive workplace
Support Cost Control (Former Employee), Kalgoorlie, Nickel SmelterOctober 29, 2012
Pros: time management, high safety
- great experience
- close work with management
- hardest part: during shut down period entering information from time sheets into data base
- experience with SAP
Work efficently and effectively as possible with my co-workers.
Strores / Service Technician (Former Employee), Mobile Work Shop Eastern branch, YandiOctober 28, 2012
Pros: meeting new people. applying my experience to the job at hand, and learning new systems and processes.
Cons: n/a
Identify and orgnise the supply of HV parts to HV fitters in a timely manner.
I learnt processes of the SAP computer program.
It is very important to get along with and communicate effectively with my fellow colleagues and mangagement.
The most enjoyable part of the job was to be involved with great successes and celebrate these successes with my fellow – more... peers. – less
was mostly in the field
completion foreman (Former Employee), Searcy, ArSeptember 16, 2012
mostly in the field. The aircards and phones had trouble working, and it would take 4 or 5 times to do a report
Stability and good work environment
Superintendant Management Accountant (Former Employee), HotazelSeptember 6, 2012
Pros: excellent renumeration
Cons: very long working hours
Worked nine hours a day. I learned a lot about the mining industry and processes. The management worked as part of a team. The co workers were very efficient and combined very well as a team. The hardest part of the job was to stick to deadlines. The most enjoyable part of the work was the team spirit within the finance department
Co workers
Onsetter and Banksman (Former Employee), hotazelAugust 15, 2012
Pros: free lunches was always nice
Cons: it was long hours
it was so nice to work with all the people there it veld like a big family I've learned allot there. it was very long hours but i enjoyed it very much sometimes the night shift just seems long but i still enjoyed it very very much
Professional yet relaxed atmosphere
HSEC Consultant (Current Employee), JohannessburgJuly 13, 2012
Working with the Work Management team and consulting on any HSEC related issues with in the Managenese CSG for the 1SAP project. Hardest part is trying to understand 1SAP. Most enjoyable part, great team to work with.
Enjoyable work environment and learnt so much with my time at BHP
Rail Co ordinator (Former Employee), Redmont WAJune 19, 2012
Pros: great working environment, all meals and accomodation provided
Cons: worked 9/5 roster fifo to victoria, traveled both ways in own time with 6hr wait in perth for flight
Attend safe start meetings to dicuss previous days work, safety and discuss jobs for the day ahead.
As rail coordinator I organised and supervised 10 members of the work team to achieve the allocated jobs for the day. All work completed within companies policies and OHS guidlines in a timely manner.
Have learnt about team work, management and the importance – more... of communication between co workers. Everyone plays an important role within any company and we all need to work together to be efficient. As rail coordinator I worked towards developing good repore with all co wokers and managment. Learnt how to be flexible and adaptable to many different tasks and situations that occurred.
Managment has an important role to play in such a large company and we all work towards the best outcome and efficient productivity. – less
Good benefits, not so good management
Senior Supply Chain Specialist (Current Employee), Houston, TXMarch 31, 2012
Pros: $2 for all you can eat lunch in cafeteria, great pay.
Cons: big brother is watching atmosphere, monitor your time, and all internet usage.
Overly competitive environment where people will do just about anything to get recognition, including defaming others to make themselves look better and taking credit for work they didn't perform.
Miss the income
HD Concentrator Mechanic (Former Employee), Miami, AZJanuary 4, 2012
Pros: four day work week
Cons: fifty miles from my home
The job schedule was the best I ever had as it was a four ten schedule leaving me with a three day weekend every week. The pay was supplemented with "shoulder to shoulder" policy giving me equal pay to what the contractors earned.

April 5, 2012

The word on the street is the mine is opening up again, I too miss the four-ten schedule! Sign me up, when do I start?

equilibrio vida privada y laboral
Mecánico Mantenedor (Former Employee), Antofagasta, ANOctober 4, 2014
Pros: equilibrio en al vida
Cons: la polución
He conocido varias personas que están o que pertenecen a una compañía y cuentan que con esfuerzo y realizando bien las cosas o trabajos encomendados, la cosecha es grandiosa, vivir con estabilidad y entregar equilibrio hacia la familia es un regalo del señor.
Ambiente muy grato para trabajar
Administración y Logística (Former Employee), Calama, ANSeptember 20, 2014
Pros: seguros medicos, bonos y facilidades para desarrollar el trabajo
Esta empresa me abrió las puertas para ingresar al rubro minero y me permitió plasmar todos mis conocimientos y experiencia obtenida a lo largo de mi trayectoria laboral.

Empresa en la cual el respeto mutuo es uno de los valores fundamentales, hecho que me permitió trabajar en un ambiente grato, trabajar en equipo y desarrollar todas mis capacidades – more... y habilidades. – less
Excelente empresa para aprender con procesos y modelos operacionales y estratégicos de vanguardia
Consultor de Recursos Humanos (Former Employee), Santiago de Chile, RMJuly 21, 2014
Pros: trabajar en una empresa de gran prestigio internacional
Cons: la estabilidad
Buen ambiente laboral aunque muy competitivo. Aprendí acerca del negocio minero en la empresa mas importante del rubro. Pue participar de la primera empresa en Chile en implementar Flex Benefits. En general las relaciones interpersonales que tuve con mi jefatura, Gerencia y pares fueron excelentes.
Empresa con altos estandares de seguridad para sus trabajadores; respeto por la vida de sus trabajadores; valoran la mano de obra en su organización
Control de Calidad (Former Employee), Antofagasta, II Región ChileJune 5, 2014
Pros: casino, seguro de vida, hospedaje y gimnacio en la faena.
Cons: a menudo la poca estabilidad en los proyectos
Comienza el día con tomar conciencia por la seguridad de uno para ejecutar tus actividades. Los cuales te lleva a interacturar con tu colegas.
Se aprende planificar lo trabajos ha ejecutar para la jornada de trabajo.
La dirección te señala cuales son las actividades principales a ejecutar.
Los colegas te prestan apoyo al momento de interactuar con sus – more... áreas.
Lo más dificil es realizar actividades de imprevisto, las cuales presentan un atraso en la planificación.
Lo que me gusto es desarrollo de las actividades planificadas, las cuales salieron dentro de los tiempos programados. – less
dan cursos todo el año
mecanico (Former Employee), Antofagasta, ANApril 10, 2014
Pros: seguro medico y bonos para sus trabajadores
Cons: dan 2 obreroles al año
los cursos entregados son muy buenos y agudan a sus trabajadores
BUEN NIVEL DE REMUNERACIONES
Ingeniero de Contratos y Reparables (Former Employee), Iquique, TAMarch 20, 2014
Pros: seguro medico / beneficios
EXCELENTE COMPAÑIA, BUEN AMBIENTE LABORAL, BUEN NIVEL DE BENEFICIOS, CAPACITACION
tiene q ser una empresa ejemplar
Conductor camión en linsa (Current Employee), AntofagastaMarch 1, 2014
Pros: fonasa
Cons: otros
ser parte de minera escondida es poder tener una visión al futuro tanto personal y laboral

About BHP Billiton

BHP Billiton Limited is a diversified natural resources company. The Company has businesses producing alumina and aluminum, copper, – Read more