BHP Billiton

BHP Billiton Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
good company to work for
boilermaker (Former Employee), roxby downs SAFebruary 13, 2013
Pros: accomadation and meals
there was no typical day every day I was doing something different
I enjoyed working for bhp
Stressfull work
Quality Specialist (Current Employee), KhutalaFebruary 7, 2013
Morning Safety meetings.
Quality Inspections done on items received
Run and sent out a daily report on repairable items outstanding.
Check stock levels and correct stock onto SAP

Learned a lot on Working onto G-SAP system
Management not always fair and expect more than we normaly can give

Work as a team with the co-workers and share ideas with each – more... other

To work on SOP's(implementing Standard operating procedures)

When you actualy done something wright and you are acknowleged and thanked for it – less
As a Consultant, I was not privy to general employment culture
CONSULTANT - Monthly Management Reports (Former Employee), Atacama Desert, North of ChileFebruary 3, 2013
Pros: lived on site.
Cons: lived on site.
Working in the Mine in the Atacama Desert was an amazing experience.
Fast paced environment
Service Management Supervisor, Petroleum (Former Employee), Houston, TXJanuary 17, 2013
Pros: subsidized $2 lunch with in-house cafeteria
Good benefits and retirement program. Intense fast paced environment
area c is a good place to work with lots of potential
SUPERVISOR MINING PRODUCTION (Current Employee), Area CJanuary 12, 2013
Being a supervisor is a challenging task, supervising up to 60 people and delivering the daily plan and meeting targets. i get a real kick from having a productive day with no incidents and meeting all targets.
Productive and Team work environment
Administrator (Current Employee), Richards BayJanuary 11, 2013
Pros: team build events
Cons: fast paced moments for days in a row
If I run out of rooms to host either interviews or meetings. I have learnt that working as a team helps not only yourself but the entire organisation. Each and every task an individual has performed well they get an appraisal which boost the self esteem. Acknowledging each employee as your own sister or brother keeps the atmosphere within the department – more... or organisation healthy and always eager to go to work. It is always good to ask questions when you are not clear about something rather than acting as if you know it all. You may never tell what is gonna happen the next day. You might be alone in the office and no one to ask from. It feels great to see the day goes by very smoothly with no hiccups and that smile is written all over your face by the end of the day. In the next meeting you have positive things to tell the team and your manager about that miraculous day! I like it. – less
Be Cautious
Maintenance Supervisor (Former Employee), Miami/Pinto Valley ArizonaJanuary 5, 2013
Pros: good benifits
Cons: lots of hours, big time politics, no family life
I was a Supervisor for 5 years at Pinto Valley
Extream pressure
Co Workers are for the majority good people
Big time Gossip in the electrical/instrumentation department.
Big Politics and you need to be one of the chosen few.
Upper Management takes car of thier kids.
Crafts are low paided due to the steel workers representing them.
Very bad HR Department
Maybe Better if in Another Location
Senior HR Specialist (Former Employee), Houston, TXDecember 26, 2012
Pros: pay is good, but after a while, it isn't enough
Cons: highly political environment, "don't trust anyone" mentality
Houston office is very different from other office locations. You will note most of the reviews for the Houston office are lower ratings that the others. I also worked temporarily in several other locations and the Houston office has a negative, overly political, high stress atmosphere unlike the others.
Lack of Leadership
Project Manager (Former Employee), Houston, TXNovember 26, 2012
Office politics ran wild here at BHP. The work environment was high stress that contributed to lack of work productivity.
Awesome Place to work
SAP PP Data Coach (Current Employee), Miami, AZNovember 8, 2012
Pros: amazing healthcare
Cons: a distance to drive to
Very relaxed with no pressure...

Co workers are amazing

No one gossips

You feel like you are an adult in this workforce!

Stummy – January 5, 2013

Extream pressure Co Workers are for the majority goood people Big time Gossip Big Politics and you need to be one of the chosen few. Upper Management takes car of thier kids and the ones native to Miami. Crafts are low paided due to the steel workers representing them.

safe,productive many activities after work
dump truck operator/ in cab trainer (Current Employee), Area C PilbaraNovember 6, 2012
Pros: good money, personal improvement
Cons: long hours, 2 and 1
Safe, productive work enviroment.Gym,tennis court,walking track,excelent food
Good work crew
Liftng technician (Former Employee), Newman, WANovember 5, 2012
Pros: good family lifestyle
Cons: bhp billiton have a dobbing system in place which is an incentive.
Co-workers were great, management not so great, I felt the super intendants didn't support me and felt intimidated by there actions.
It a company which is safe to work in, people are communicative, the job is challenging and requiers certain skills
Millwright (Current Employee), Richards Bay Kwazulu NatalOctober 31, 2012
Pros: we do get freebbies everynow and then especially on birthdays
Cons: i work 12 hour shift
Im a work dedicated person , i do team work , reports and problemsolvinh, i work safe coz it my responsibility
Productive workplace
Support Cost Control (Former Employee), Kalgoorlie, Nickel SmelterOctober 29, 2012
Pros: time management, high safety
- great experience
- close work with management
- hardest part: during shut down period entering information from time sheets into data base
- experience with SAP
Work efficently and effectively as possible with my co-workers.
Strores / Service Technician (Former Employee), Mobile Work Shop Eastern branch, YandiOctober 28, 2012
Pros: meeting new people. applying my experience to the job at hand, and learning new systems and processes.
Cons: n/a
Identify and orgnise the supply of HV parts to HV fitters in a timely manner.
I learnt processes of the SAP computer program.
It is very important to get along with and communicate effectively with my fellow colleagues and mangagement.
The most enjoyable part of the job was to be involved with great successes and celebrate these successes with my fellow – more... peers. – less
was mostly in the field
completion foreman (Former Employee), Searcy, ArSeptember 16, 2012
mostly in the field. The aircards and phones had trouble working, and it would take 4 or 5 times to do a report
Stability and good work environment
Superintendant Management Accountant (Former Employee), HotazelSeptember 6, 2012
Pros: excellent renumeration
Cons: very long working hours
Worked nine hours a day. I learned a lot about the mining industry and processes. The management worked as part of a team. The co workers were very efficient and combined very well as a team. The hardest part of the job was to stick to deadlines. The most enjoyable part of the work was the team spirit within the finance department
Co workers
Onsetter and Banksman (Former Employee), hotazelAugust 15, 2012
Pros: free lunches was always nice
Cons: it was long hours
it was so nice to work with all the people there it veld like a big family I've learned allot there. it was very long hours but i enjoyed it very much sometimes the night shift just seems long but i still enjoyed it very very much
Professional yet relaxed atmosphere
HSEC Consultant (Current Employee), JohannessburgJuly 13, 2012
Working with the Work Management team and consulting on any HSEC related issues with in the Managenese CSG for the 1SAP project. Hardest part is trying to understand 1SAP. Most enjoyable part, great team to work with.
Enjoyable work environment and learnt so much with my time at BHP
Rail Co ordinator (Former Employee), Redmont WAJune 19, 2012
Pros: great working environment, all meals and accomodation provided
Cons: worked 9/5 roster fifo to victoria, traveled both ways in own time with 6hr wait in perth for flight
Attend safe start meetings to dicuss previous days work, safety and discuss jobs for the day ahead.
As rail coordinator I organised and supervised 10 members of the work team to achieve the allocated jobs for the day. All work completed within companies policies and OHS guidlines in a timely manner.
Have learnt about team work, management and the importance – more... of communication between co workers. Everyone plays an important role within any company and we all need to work together to be efficient. As rail coordinator I worked towards developing good repore with all co wokers and managment. Learnt how to be flexible and adaptable to many different tasks and situations that occurred.
Managment has an important role to play in such a large company and we all work towards the best outcome and efficient productivity. – less

About BHP Billiton

BHP Billiton Limited is a diversified natural resources company. The Company has businesses producing alumina and aluminum, copper, – Read more