BHP Billiton

BHP Billiton Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Productive, result oriented workplac that is seeking for the best
IM Operations Supervisor (Current Employee), Houston, TXFebruary 16, 2014
In my job I oversee global operations for the Petroleum business. A typical day at work is one with about 6 hours of meetings, which could be with my own staff, service providers, stakeholders or other people in the Information Management (IM) organization.
The great this about working at BHP Billiton Petroleum is that you work with well educated and – more... experienced people. This enables us in a fast growing industry and with many changes to be effective in challenging times due to work load, the global nature or other complexities. – less
Did not like the Galleria Location or new combined company
Subsurface Engineering Technical Analyst (Former Employee), Houston, TXFebruary 10, 2014
By narrowing down job responsibilities, I felt like I was losing my core skills.
humor productive person
mr (Current Employee), MIFebruary 10, 2014
Pros: lunch time
Cons: long hours
lears to work smater and not harder,because there is ways to work bete and smater,to make job easier.
Complex rapidly changing work place.
Accounting Specialist (Current Employee), Farmington, NMFebruary 5, 2014
BHP Billiton is a “Big 5” Corporation with current Mining interests in Northern New Mexico. Unfortunately, due largely to environmental concerns arising from aging area Power Plants and the exorbitant cost associated with Plant refurbishment required to meet EPA standards, both of BHP Billiton’s current Utility Customers have been forced to acknowledge – more... the necessity of reducing overall energy production by more than half over the next two years. BHP Billiton has responded with their intent to sell both area Mines. – less
Corporate enviroment
Intercompany Accountant (Current Employee), London, ENGFebruary 4, 2014
A typical day at work is busy, specially over month end period with analysis and solution of mismatches. Dealing with trading partners is the most difficult part of the job due a timing issues or different ways of working, also tight deadlines for a huge number of reconciliations and analysis of receivables/payables of all transactions in my entities.
production is a must but great working atmosphere
Production Technician (Former Employee), Newman, WAJanuary 21, 2014
great company to work for,good roster and good team enviroment which makes the day more pleasant as you are working long hours.The tonnes we aim to achive on a shift can be done without taking short cuts in a safe manner which gives you good job satisfaction.When you have management that is prepared work with and listen to experienced workers some ideas – more... is always a win win and by far makes it a more enjoyable place to work. – less
Its a great place to work. They are very safety oriented.
Field Operations Technician (Current Employee), Nordhiem, TexasJanuary 18, 2014
Pros: the benefits are awesome.
Cons: too much time away from home.
I have enjoyed my time with BHP Billiton but I am away from my family too much and that is important to me. I have no issues with the company. They are a great company to work for.
Great place to learn new skills
Engineering Technician (Current Employee), Houston, TexasDecember 5, 2013
Pros: $2.00 lunches, flexible time, great benefits
My daily work day is demanding - reports, research, etc. I have learned how to juggle various projects. I find that team building is a major part of my group in order to completely get the job done. There is no hard part of my day. I enjoy my job and I like the task that are assigned to me.
Exellent Company with great values
Business Systems Coordinator (Current Employee), Johannesburg, GPNovember 26, 2013
Pros: free lunches, good travel compensation, excellent bonusses
Cons: the uncertainty of job security during when the company are making a loss.
Started work at 06h00 untill 15h00, mostly doing firt line user support and the month en tasks at month end. I mostly enjoyed the interaction with users. I find coaching and training very satisfying.
good company to work for
Production Team Leader (Current Employee), Roxby Downs, SANovember 8, 2013
Pros: great team to work with
Cons: dido
I manage a crew of 10 operators, they work well as a team.
They will go out of there way to reveiw and develope and up date work instructions when required.

They can work with a minium amount of supervision to achive the set targets of the plant.

A grate place to work
Great company to learn and contribute
Internship Student (Former Employee), Antofagasta, ANSeptember 25, 2013
Pros: great enviroment of people, good place to learn, nice instalations and good food.
Cons: distances to go to work every day
Many tasks were accomplished, involving advance reports and statistical stud
I learned:
The experience of how to live in a mine.
How to solve problems with different approaches.
To get along with all the project co workers.

I got to learn a lot about the job and my co workers experience, they told me about their stories and adviced me in many ways – more... regarding to the job procedures and decisions to be made.

The hardest part of the job was to get used to the rythm of life at the beggining.

The most enjoyable part of the job was to learn a lot and see how the real work is performed in the field. – less
good learning project
Associate Programmer/Senior Programmer (Former Employee), APSeptember 19, 2013
Pros: celebrations and rewards
Cons: weekend stretch
Have learnt to coordinate with team,learn with challenges,time management and support from team members are plus points for my happy times at job.
Interaction with different faces in the working sites
Fork Lifting & store keeping (Current Employee), WASeptember 1, 2013
Pros: free lunches
Cons: long hours
The most enjoyable part of the job
Long hours services
Learning Experience.
Good Management.
The co-workers relations.
The hardest part of the job is wild environment&the dust for the site
Shutdowwn
Permit Issuer (Current Employee), Meyerton, GPAugust 13, 2013
Cons: long hours
The most enjoyable part was attending Self Awareness Training. It made me aware of my Personality Type and areas were I still need to improve.
Heavy workload
Administrative Associate (Former Employee), Houston, TXAugust 6, 2013
Pros: cafe within building
Cons: cubicle environment
Limited advancement opportunities.
Excellent benefits.
Application upgrades tested and confirmed before rolled out.
Excellent IT support.
Very Good place to work
Computer/Network Technician (Former Employee), Searcy, ARAugust 5, 2013
On a work day I would check and upkeep on all network syestems and also work with Drill site workers to keep up all on site syestems running
This is one of the world's best company to work for is my personal comment.
Very Appropiate (Former Employee), ExcellentJuly 20, 2013
Pros: no comment
Cons: no comment
At BHP you look forward to do a honest day's work with pleasure.The atmosphere welcoming,frendly and professional.You want to work.
You learn how to "learn", and there is no limit to learning. You are personally assisted by the HR on a personal or pvt. level.
The management structure is second to none.
Co-workers are a pleasure to work with,irrespect – more... of Depts.
To maintain Etical and Professionalism daily is a great demand.
Most enjoyable part is the Global Chairman's Lunch for all at Hollard Street. – less
Finding a place in a company where I can assist in making an executives life better.
Executive Assistant (Former Employee), Houston, TXJuly 8, 2013
Pros: great benefits, good salary
Cons: do not want you to think outside the box.
My company was purchased by BHP, so I was able to get in under different circumstances than most. The culture there was completely different than what I was used to. I did enjoy the department I was in and the people that I worked for. I was the only admin for the entire department so I was very busy all of the time.
Great company to work for
Environmental Superintendent (Current Employee), Witbank, MPJuly 3, 2013
Working conditions are conducieve. Company provides adequate resources to enable one to execute their tasks. There is room for growth.
Challenging environment
HR Superintendent (Former Employee), Johannesburg, GPJune 27, 2013
Pros: listed company
Cons: daily travel between pretoria and ogies 240km return trip
Normal HR recruitment processes, disciplinary hearings, EE comittee meetings(monthly), Labour-Management meeting (monthly), organisation structure and manpower planning maintenance, medical incapacitation consultation meeting (weekly)

About BHP Billiton

BHP Billiton Limited is a diversified natural resources company. The Company has businesses producing alumina and aluminum, copper, – Read more