BHP Billiton

BHP Billiton Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Brand new modern camp close to work
HSEC Advisor (Former Employee), Lanigan, SKJanuary 22, 2015
Pros: management very approachable
Cons: some hectic days
I found BHP Billiton to be very enjoyable to work for. The management was easy to approach and provided guidance without being condescending. I would definitely work for them again.
Large site environment
Finishing Dozer Operator D6T (Former Employee), Jansen, SKMarch 4, 2014
Pros: site management are there to help assist workers
Cons: personal parking was limited at the camp
Very large site, new potash mine build. Safety rules are 10 years in the future to most construction in the prairies but can easily be part of workers every day activities if aware of surroundings and accept responsibility for his/her own life safety and others around them
Exciting working environment
Supervisor (Former Employee), Richards Bay, ZNApril 15, 2013
good working career. Safety was the no 1 priority and people was well taken care off.
Excellent company with strong values
Recruitment Administrator (Current Employee), Toronto, ONOctober 18, 2012
Pros: free frest fruit, variety of pop everyday.
Overall, working for BHP has been a very positive experience, I learned many new skills. The management style is transparent and honest. My co-workers were great as well. The most enjoyable part of the job was the variety my role provided and liaising with different cities for recruitment related activities.
Rig Sit Supervisor (Former Employee), South TexasJanuary 25, 2015
Good company to work for. Safety is very good. The superintendents are outstanding and so are the engineers.
Enjoy working on projects designing training programs. Most of all I enjoy providing coaching & mentoring guidance on employee's development
Human Resource Development Specialist (Current Employee), Richards Bay, South AfricaJanuary 25, 2015
Pros: being a shareholder and receiving dividends, subsidised lunch, finish work at 13h30 on fridays
Cons: limited parking space, very rigid systems and processes
* Busy, not always productive
* Be strong
* Management - like the seasons
* Challenging but fun
* Dealing with negative people
* Working with people
Maintenance A journeyman
Miner 1 Maintenance Journeyman Mechanic (Former Employee), Fruitland, NMJanuary 8, 2015
preformed work on all types of above mining equipment, also preformed work on all types of underground mining equipment, Managed and supervised 20 to 25 employees from labors, mechanics to weld shop. Msha knowledge , Duties included inspection on all work areas of mining operation. work closely wiih production supervisor to achieve productive during our daily shift.
Productive place but no ggod mentors
HR Trainee (Former Employee), GPJanuary 8, 2015
Pros: no allocated lunch time but knock off early
Cons: mining environment always dirty
It was a bit difficult for me because i had to force people to train me but other than that its a nice place to work. I will not mind to get a permanent post there cos i am sure of exposure to the field of my work.
Administrative Assistant to Mine Managers
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Fruitland, NMDecember 11, 2014
Accurately entered timecards for both production and maintenance hourly employees into SAP with hours worked, labor hours, equipment hours, delay codes, job ID’s with calculations for load for Kress Trucks, End Dump Trucks, and Scrapers(production), Reconciled SAP daily report to ensure accuracy and met deadlines for month end hours for equipments. General administrative assistant functions to include: maintaining departmental file, filing time cards and time sheets, distributing payroll, inventory and maintaining office/kitchen supplies, scheduling meetings/luncheons, sorting and delivering mail, maintaining office equipment and scheduling repairs, and monitoring janitorial services, maintained confidential files, employees personal files, salary files, training files and safety training files, supported various areas of supervisor needs in preparation of meeting deadlines. Strong ability to work independently and self motivated to get things done in an accurate timely manner and meet deadlines, helped with Part 48 Annual Refresher Training (2008,2007,2006), helped prepared training manuals for Business Excellence (Six Sigma) Team, participated in Team Charter and completed Safe Work Observation (SWO) in the field, great customer service with employees, vendors, other departments and managers in all levels during interactions in my position, effectively developed telephoned and written communication skills, ability to work projectors, DVD/VCR’s and other audio visual equipment, made travel arrangements thru TQ3 navigate to help employees make flight arrangements, motel and car rentals and receiving confirmations when travel arrangements are confirmed.
Enjoyed my fellow co workers and employees I worked with. Enjoyed my receptionist job and clerical duties and meeting goals and deadlines
Excellent Job culture and workplace environment
Serviceman (Current Employee), Perth, WADecember 5, 2014
Management through to cleaners treated as equal within the living environment and excellent guidance and supervision offered.

Heathy and safe workplace

Where possible all opportunity taken to involve all employees as one team
Good place to work with a good bunch of people
All round operator (Former Employee), Muswellbrook, NSWDecember 4, 2014
Loading trucks and doing clean ups with a D11 or grading roads with a 24M grader and being able to look back at the end of the day and seeing what you have achieved
Worldwide company with terrific benefits
Environmental Specialist (Current Employee), Farmington, NMNovember 16, 2014
Pros: pay and benefits, opportunities for international postings
Worldwide company with terrific benefits and opportunities for international postings for highly qualified personnel. Focus on safety always top priority, and is built into the company culture from top to bottom. Somewhat cumbersome 'one-size-fits-all' corporate structural organization. (Will probably be more appropriate once 'NewCo' is de-merged.)
Global, diverse company
Global Senior Manager - IT Operations Maintenance (Former Employee), SingaporeOctober 31, 2014
Managed a complex, multinational environment for the world’s largest diversified natural resources company. Oversaw the largest portfolio in the Global IT team for this company, inclusive of Global Applications, Global Infrastructure, and Wide Area Network. Accountable for Security Management of all global systems as well as at the Executive and Board level. Had strong management support at the executive levels that empowered me and my management team, allowing us to effectively manage the global IT/IM environment.
Great company.
Dump Truck Operator, Nipper & Service Crew (Former Employee), Leinster WAOctober 29, 2014
Pros: great lifestyle working even time. 7days on 7days off
Cons: isolation.
Organised, Efficient and safe working environment, I enjoyed working & gaining valuable skills working for BHP Billiton.
Benefits are great so you put up with HR and the management.
Engineer (Current Employee), Houston, TXOctober 21, 2014
Pros: $2 lunches, benefits
Cons: hr
The hardest part is dealing with a disorganized HR.
Perhaps management would be easier to deal with if HR gave any kind of guidance or clear direction.
The people outside of HR are great to work with and equally frustrated.
The benefits are great so you just endure and try to deal with HR as little as possible.
Typical and routine role processing invoices
SES Analysts (Former Employee), Houston, TXOctober 12, 2014
Pros: great diversitiy and career opportunity locations
Cons: sap not supported and aligned within structural hierachy
Processed daily invoices for payments
I learned about various Wells, Pads, and service maintenance in fields
Management participated on processes
Coworkers shared systems, field and internal information and strategies.
The hardest part of the job was 1-SAP downtime (system crashed daily)
I enjoyed looking up the coding and defining the general ledger, WBS, and Oracle Tool coding translations
One company I miss so much
Miner,HRD practitioner (Former Employee), Witbank, MPOctober 2, 2014
Pros: family culture
Cons: no development
from day one you are employed they instill the culture of safety and we had a zero tolerance on any substandard acts.We were more like a family we looked after each other and there are so many good things i can mention about BHP and they were the best in class.
average
senior operator (Current Employee), Pallarenda, QLDSeptember 29, 2014
. Always completed all tasks expected of myself safely. Nothing was hard it is mainly common sense and years of experience.
Company Closed
Field Landman (Current Employee), Houston, TXAugust 5, 2014
Company went out of business after I left and i am not sure as to what happened to the company
Enjoyable work place
Process Technician (Former Employee), Newman, WAJuly 25, 2014
Pros: good work mates
Cons: long hours
Processing Iron Ore product
A lot of on job training everyday
Good Management
Excellent Co workers
A lot of walking up/down stairs at Screen house
Handing over to next shift

1 2 3 4 5

About BHP Billiton

BHP Billiton Limited is a diversified natural resources company. The Company has businesses producing alumina and aluminum, copper, – Read more