BGIS Employee Reviews

Colleagues are very friendly
Project Management (Data Entry Clerk ) (Current Employee) –  Markham, ON16 February 2018
The work itself was very interested
The training process was a classroom-like environment.
Lots of opportunities to advance
Manager staff are very professionals.
Colleagues are very friendly
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
work form home amazing
Horrible Experience
Building Operator (Former Employee) –  Ontario15 February 2018
I worked at BGIS for about 3 years in one of their P3 sites. Based on the site I worked at, I would not recommend the company as an employer. I have spoken to other techs at different sites who love working for BGIS. They claim to offer career advancement but when asked the answer was always no. If you're competent at your job then they don't want to have to replace you. BGIS proclaimed they believe in education and offered bursaries but I was rejected on 2 occasions. Middle management are nothing more than "yes" people.

I had 2 major reasons for quitting my position.
The first reason for leaving was my coworkers (I use that term very loosely). They wouldn't do anything asked of them and would pass off their work to others. They were quick to blame and point the finger when something broke down. Their favorite quote was "not my job" even if asking for help. There are many incidents but I don't have all day to type. Which brings me to my second reason for leaving, my manager. I've worked in many buildings and for many different managers and I must say this one was by far the worst manager I've dealt with. He was unqualified to manage, had no idea on how
building systems functioned, didn't trust anyone, was confrontational with staff and customers alike, and lastly would use promises of career advancement to motivate. If I could rate Job Security/Advancement and Management 0 stars I would. 1 star was too generous.
Pros
Benefits were decent
Cons
See Review
very rough in the EFS division
Pump Technician (Former Employee) –  Dundas, ON1 February 2018
Managers don't care about you at all... will basically ignore you and make you figure out things on your own when your having an issue. The job itself is fun but would strongly rec if you're looking for a work/life balance this place is all work no life just a heads up.
Pros
Cons
Lots
Good company to work for, safety #1
Building Operator (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON15 January 2018
Great atmosphere, good positions and opportunities, organised, safe! Wide variety of jobs, leading the real estate/property management, acquiring new contracts.
Internship Position
Green Team Intern (Former Employee) –  Markham, Ontario15 January 2018
While my time at Brookfield was brief, it was an internship position, the company took a vested interest in developing my skillset for the working world.
Facilities Technician III (mechanics/ plumbing) (Current Employee) –  Gatineau, QC8 January 2018
one of the better companies I've worked for. My MTL is great and very understanding of issues that occur all in all i really cant complain.

im a little upset about them changing the benefit packages
Working my way up..
Associate Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON6 January 2018
I started as a project administrator, I did not like it at first. Felt underpaid and overworked at some points, but didn't give up. It took almost a year to really get a hang of the job. Now i've been with the company for a few years and have been promoted to Associate Project Manager. Work/Life balance is hard with the workload but I like what I do and the people I work with.
Pros
**Work from home**, health and dental is very good, flexible hours
Cons
Constantly busy can lead to long hours
Horrible company to work for
Maintenance Technician IV electrical (Former Employee) –  Newfoundland and Labrador31 December 2017
Unrealistic expectations to the point of delusional with on-call requirements. No life balance. They advertise for Electrical maintenance but very little electrical involved. Hypocrisy and double standards are sickening, at least at the location i was working.
Pros
It was a job
Cons
Everything else
Good company culture but benefits recently cut
Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Victoria, BC17 December 2017
I started at the company a few years ago. The corporate culture and fringe benefits were great when I started but the company recently rebranded and slashed benefits. The company has grown significantly since I started and maybe that has caused the company to lose its identity.
Pros
Good values and culture
Cons
Reduced benefits. The company is also always changing its name.
OK place to work
Senior Facility Manager (Current Employee) –  London, ON16 November 2017
Average company in terms of corporate culture, a little behind in technology, good benefits and compensation is average. Lots of opportunities to work on varying accounts and customers.
Thought less performance evaluation in this company
Financial Shared Services Representative (Former Employee) –  Markham, ON8 November 2017
Good location, big company, advantage computer system, diverse culture, the basic job does not need perfect English, fast-paced work environment, friendly coworker.
productuve and good place to learn
FINANCIAL ANALYST (Current Employee) –  Markham, ON8 November 2017
Good place to learn and grow. Management has a good oversight and goals for the company's future. The hours are flexible and you get to work from home as well depending on the workload.
Disorganized/dysfunctional management
Critical Environments Team Lead (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB3 November 2017
I started with no job description. Management have no idea how to teach or instruct new hires or deal with people problems. There isn't much more to tell right now
Pros
Cons
many
Experience lacking
Tenant Services Coordinator-Saskatchewan (Former Employee) –  Regina, SK29 September 2017
It would not be fair for me to rate this company on a whole, I was only working for a certain contract with poor management. I like the property management
Productive with work at home benefits.
Project Administrator (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON25 September 2017
Working in a space that was open to everyone was not beneficial however working from home made the work space at the office bearable.

Other employees are great and helpful.
Pros
Working from home
Cons
Using medical information to terminate my employment
fantstatic opertunities and company to work with
Roving Tech III (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC10 August 2017
Great people and company to be apart of. They propmote growth within the comapny adn urge their employees to grow and expand within their fields of trade
Pros
RRSP program, promotes growth and opertunity
Cons
No training available other than online garbage
Building operator (Former Employee) –  Lac La Biche, AB24 July 2017
My boss had less experience than I did and my co worker stole money from me. I was required to be on call 24/7 365 days a year and was let go with what I suspect to be a bad reference cause I haven't been able to get hired anywhere else since. the pay was 29-31 an hour with benefits
Pros
Boston pizza lunches
Cons
lack of foresight from management and no coverage for on calls
Don't Commit
Senior Manager EHS (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON19 July 2017
process to hire took almost 8 months, once hired and job offer signed, I worked 3 weeks. They terminated the role - changed their mind!

ROYALLY SCREWED!!
BGIS takes care of its people
Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB7 July 2017
Being a 3rd party services provider can be hard but Brookfield Global Integrated Services makes it fun with a high energy people dynamic always making sure their team members are taken care of.
Pros
Very team focussed
Cons
Clients can be difficult.
Great company
Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Markham, ON27 June 2017
Great company to work for. seeking for new opportunity. I enjoy working for BGIS as one of the leading Property Management company. Great salary and always innovative

Ask a question about working or interviewing at BGIS. Our community is ready to answer.