With 8 million members, Beyond the Rack is one of North America's leading online shopping clubs (also known as flash sale sites) featuring top designer brand name apparel, accessories, beauty, and home decor at up to 80% off retail. We work with hundreds of major brands to hold first come, first served sales that are open exclusively to BTR members. Sales start at 9:00AM ET and typically last only 48 hours, or until the merchandise is sold out, whichever comes first.
The Public Relations Manager will work as part of the marketing team and report to the Director of Marketing.
The role will help support the company in its internal and external promotional communications strategy.
The primary objectives are:
- Increase the Canadian and American awareness/exposure of Beyond the Rack with media, bloggers and journalists (consumer, trade and financial)
- Plan, manage and coordinate all BTR events and speaking engagements
- Develop promotions with media and brand partners
Main Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Write and distribute compelling and effective press releases
- Prepare information for media kits
- Develop and maintain relationships with journalists, bloggers and media executive and producers that will facilitate coverage and marketing deals for BTR
- Maintain the company's corporate image and identity, which includes the use of logos and signage in all public facing events
- Manage special events parties, introducing new products, or other activities Beyond the Rack supports in order to gain public attention through the media without advertising directly
- Arrange interviews or speaking/panels for executives to appear on in the tech tradeshow sector and in on news programs
- Secure publicity in top consumer magazines and fashion oriented publications
- Secure T.V segments on talk shows, game shows and partnerships with producers
- Research, apply and win awards that the company may qualify for (Internet retailer, Profit magazine, Fortune 500, etc…)
- Work closely with the CEO on special projects
- Ability to work on projects with many different departments in the organization including: Merchandising, Marketing, Technology
Desired Skills & Experience:
- 3 to 5 years PR or media-related experience
- Working with media personalities, journalists and celebrities
- Outstanding communications skills, written and spoken (English and French)
- Business development/sales and strong negotiation skills
- Out-bound calling and door opening skills (make your own opportunities)
- Time management and exceptional organizational skills.
- Ability to work in a team and autonomously.
- Take 100% ownership of projects, capabilities of managing them from A to Z
- Budget management
Indeed - 2 years ago