Our Client is looking for a dynamic landscape designer to manage the landscape division of their company. This position is a full time, year-round position. Our client began business in 1976 and offers a friendly and challenging work environment. The successful candidate has a passion for landscaping.
Day to Day Duties:
- Oversee and develop building maintenance programs for landscaping at properties owned by our client
- Design landscape so as to integrate with building parking lot and surrounding areas
- Maintain and manage all properties
- Develops design standards and requirements to ensure functional use, sustainability, aesthetic and safety considerations are met
- Landscape design at new properties
- Conduct site analysis to perform planning and design work
- Determine replacement of high-maintenance plants with low-maintenance, cost effective solutions
- Working knowledge of grounds maintenance, lawn equipment, gardening, renovations, design, planting & other basic softscaping services (pruning, tree removal, periodic lifting (+50 lbs.))
- Snow removal in season
- Good supplier/Industry relationships
- Organize and prepare required tools for each project
- Experience and knowledge in contract negotiation and sourcing
- Experience creating and maintaining both hardscapes and softscapes
- Experience in scheduling, ordering, field supervision, quality control and safe work habits
- Valid Driver’s License, with ability to provide acceptable abstract
- 2 year college degree in a Horticulture program or related program
- Experience with skid steer, truck & trailer, tractor and other related equipment
- Experience snowplowing is an asset
- Experience managing people
- 3-5 years experience
- Project management experience required
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Excellent organization/prioritization skills
- DynaSCAPE knowledge an asset
Hours: Monday –Friday – 40 hours/week (very little overtime)
Salary: $TBD/hour – Cell, Company Vehicle & Comprehensive benefits (year-round work)
Job Posting Closing Date: November 14, 2013 at Noon.
We thank all applicants for their interest in the position, but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Indeed - 16 months ago
Since 1989, Beyond Rewards has been an industry leader in the Human Resources field. Specializing in Human Resource Consulting,...