Our Client is looking for a dynamic landscape designer to manage the landscape division of their company. This position is a full time, year-round position. Our client began business in 1976 and offers a friendly and challenging work environment. The successful candidate has a passion for landscaping.
Day to Day Duties:
- Oversee and develop building maintenance programs for landscaping at properties owned by our client
- Design landscape so as to integrate with building parking lot and surrounding areas
- Maintain and manage all properties
- Develops design standards and requirements to ensure functional use, sustainability, aesthetic and safety considerations are met
- Landscape design at new properties
- Conduct site analysis to perform planning and design work
- Determine replacement of high-maintenance plants with low-maintenance, cost effective solutions
- Working knowledge of grounds maintenance, lawn equipment, gardening, renovations, design, planting & other basic softscaping services (pruning, tree removal, periodic lifting (+50 lbs.))
- Snow removal in season
- Good supplier/Industry relationships
- Organize and prepare required tools for each project
- Experience and knowledge in contract negotiation and sourcing
- Experience creating and maintaining both hardscapes and softscapes
- Experience in scheduling, ordering, field supervision, quality control and safe work habits
- Valid Driver’s License, with ability to provide acceptable abstract
- 2 year college degree in a Horticulture program or related program
- Experience with skid steer, truck & trailer, tractor and other related equipment
- Experience snowplowing is an asset
- Experience managing people
- 3-5 years experience
- Project management experience required
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Excellent organization/prioritization skills
- DynaSCAPE knowledge an asset
Hours: Monday –Friday – 40 hours/week (very little overtime)
Salary: $TBD/hour – Cell, Company Vehicle & Comprehensive benefits (year-round work)
Job Posting Closing Date: November 14, 2013 at Noon.
We thank all applicants for their interest in the position, but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Since 1989, Beyond Rewards has been an industry leader in the Human Resources field. Specializing in Human Resource Consulting,...