Beyond21 is a community-based day program for adults ages 21 and over with a full range of developmental disabilities in Cornwall and the surrounding area. Our goal is to provide a structured, meaningful, inclusive and community-based environment where dependent adults with developmental disabilities can continue to thrive and grow socially, physically, emotionally and intellectually. It is our sincere hope and vision that our participants will have something meaningful to look forward to each day.
JOB TITLE: PROGRAM MANAGER
JOB LOCATION: Cornwall, Ontario
The Beyond 21 Program Manager will be responsible and accountable for the overall hands-on management of the Beyond 21 Program, including achieving program sustainability; supervising Beyond 21 program staff; coordinating recruitment, communications, fundraising; and reporting all program activities and data on a monthly basis to the Beyond 21 Board of Directors.
Duties and responsibilities
- Develop Beyond 21 into a sustainable program, including but not limited to:
1. developing and executing an innovative Fundraising Strategy,
2. exploring social enterprise development
- Develop and execute a comprehensive Communications Plan
- Prepare reports for and coordinate monthly Board meetings
- Seek out partnerships with organizations serving similar needs in Eastern Ontario; network and build relationships with community groups and partners in Cornwall and the surrounding area
- Develop and maintain a positive relationship among Beyond 21 staff and Board of Directors
- Post-secondary education background or a combination of education and demonstrated experience and success in a related field
- A minimum of 2 years of management experience within a non-profit charitable organization
- Proven track record of effective staff management and mentoring
- Strong administrative and financial management background with budgeting skills
- Proven track record of successful fundraising and proposal writing
- Ability to develop and maintain positive relationships and network with donors, funding organizations and community groups
- Creativity, imagination and the ability to take initiative by bringing fresh ideas to the Beyond 21 team
- Excellent organizational abilities
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Strong interpersonal and team-building skills
- Previous experience working with adults with developmental disabilities is an asset
- Bilingualism is an asset
- Must have access to own transportation
- Ability to work evenings and weekends as needed
- The Board of Directors will be requesting some samples of past work achievements and evidence of past successes
Salary Range: Negotiable
Term of Position: Term of two years with possibility of an extension
- Resumes can be submitted by email to the Beyond 21 Board of Directors at the below email.
- The closing date for resumes will be noon on Friday, May 10th, 2013
We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Beyond 21, is an Ontario Trillium Foundation supported Program.