Better IT Systems™ is seeking a motivated Apps Deployment Specialist to aid in the set-up and implementation of Cloud (SaaS) Apps for Small Business (Namely Google Apps). The ideal candidate is willing to learn and has a strong background in Google Apps, Microsoft Windows system administration, and comfort migrating data from legacy systems (Novell, Lotus Microsoft Exchange). The individual must be capable of communicating in this highly visible role.
All work will be contract based PROJECT WORK.
- Undertake Google Apps deployments for customers coming off of legacy mail systems such as Microsoft Exchange Server 2003/2007+, Lotus Notes 6.0.2+, GroupWise 6.5.6+, IMAP, etc.
- Effectively and accurately identify what level of access and permission is needed to carry out the deployment.
- Execute on project outlines aligned with Better IT Systems™ and Google methodology while continuously refining best practices.
- Be able to prioritize workloads on a very dynamic schedule.
- Provide admin/end-user training when needed in a team setting.
- Confidence with Systems Administration with Microsoft Windows Server 2003/2008+
- Confidence with Microsoft Exchange Server 2003/2007+
- Knowledge of Active Directory & other LDAP systems
- Knowledge of Networking (Security, LAN/WAN, VOIP, Firewalls, VPN, Video Conferencing)
- Mail Routing & SMTP
- File Systems
- Mobile Device Management & Set-up
- Knowledge of Linux and Mac OS (a bonus!)
- Knowledge of Google Apps
- Google Apps Certified Deployment Specialist certification (bonus!/ would support certification)
- Ability to travel to client locations *(Candidate must have own transportation)
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Hourly OR Project Based
- Notebook laptop provided to contractor
- Would support candidate in further Apps Deployment training
The Job in Plain English: Get our customers set-up in some of the best cloud Apps
money can buy while earning project income and building experience with a
growing Victoria, BC cloud IT company!