Better Business Bureau

Better Business Bureau Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Creativity on the job training -- each & everyday
Administrative Support Receptionist (Former Employee), Milwaukee, WIMarch 26, 2014
Interesting and challenging from start of the day all the way to closing time.

Refreshing to learn so much is an 8-hour day
High pressure cold call sales, straight comission with no base pay
Business Relations Representative (Former Employee), Amherst, NYMarch 21, 2014
Pros: good benefits
Cons: bad management, bullying atmosphere
Job required minimum of 100 dials per day. and a minimum of 5 sales per week. Nice location in Amherst, NY. Management did not seem to want to address problems between employees and ignored conflicts. Some of the employees were very nasty and seemed to bully others, and this was not addressed by management when brought to their attention. Management – more... only seemed interested in making money for the company, and not so much about the well being of it's sales staff. Hardest part of the job was putting up with the bullying and attitude of other sales staff, and lack of concern by management. Most enjoyable part of the job were the good benefits. – less
Great non profit organization
Business Relations Specialist (Former Employee), Pittsburgh, PAMarch 11, 2014
Great place to work, A place where you have a chance to make a difference in your community
Great place to work with good people
Specialist (Current Employee), Honolulu, HIMarch 4, 2014
Work here to fulfill a mission and help the community.
-Answer all phone call and walk-ins
-Do the work first, then ask questions, you'll understand more
Very productive non-profit workplace
Sales Executive (Current Employee), Marlborough, MAFebruary 24, 2014
Go into work and spend an hour and a half doing admin work. Finding new leads. I have learned quite a bit about the Better Business Bureau itself as well as classes on Sales. My co workers are very helpful with teaching the ropes. As with any job getting the Sales is the hardest part of the job. Selling something to customers they they can't actually – more... see or touch is the hardest selling point. The job is one that you work at your own pace, you can work your schedule to your own. – less
POOR MANAGEMENT....
BUSINESS REALATION (Former Employee), slc utahFebruary 13, 2014
Pros: great co-workers
Cons: not real about pay....
NOT REAL ABOUT THE INCOME AT ALL...THEY FORGET TO TELL YOU THE JOB HAS TO CLEAR BEFORE YOU GET PAID..YOU WOULD HAVE TO SELL 25 PLUS A MONTH TO JUST MAKE A LIVING .. AND THAT IS IF THEY CLEAR...VERY POOR LEADS NOT EVER RESTED ..... OR EVEN CLOSE TO WARM ...THEY HAVE BEEN CALLED AND CALLED ...IF YOU WORK IN SELLS DEPARTMENT BAD NEWS.. THE BBB GETS THE – more... MARKETING AND SELLS AND TRAINING FROM OUTSIDE COMPANY,,,,, VERY OLD SCHOOL..DON'T QUITE YOUR GOOD PAYING JOB ON THE FALSE INFO YOU GET ...IT MAY PAY 20,000,00 TO 35,000,00 A YEAR IF YOU ARE LUCKY AND I MEAN LUCKY .......BUT YOU DO MEET GREAT PEOPLE IN THE SELLS DEPT .... IF YOU DON'T NEED A INCOME GREAT PLACE TO DO CHARITY WORK.. (BEWARE ASK ALL THE RIGHT QUESTIONS AND ASK FOR REAL NUMBERS ... TELL THEM TO MAKE CALLS SHOWING YOU HOW IT IS DONE IN THE FIRST THREE DAYS OF TRAINING ( SEE IF THEY CAN DO IT NOT CD'S NOT LIP SERVICE FACTS DO IT LET ME SEE YOU DO IT......CLOSE THE COMPANY TELL THEM THE BENIF.. CLOSE THE ACCREDITATION. THEY HAVE THREE DAY'S TO SHOW YOU HOW EASY AND HOW GOOD THE LEADS ARE AND THEN YOU MAKE YOUR CHOICE ... THEY CANNOT DO IT EITHER ... GOOD LUCK – less
Great learning enviroment
Customer Service Supervisor (Former Employee), West Palm Beach, FLFebruary 10, 2014
Pros: learning enviroment
Cons: too much gossip in the workplace
I learned more at this job then any other. I was taught patience, stability in a job, managerial skills.
Very professional and friendly environment
Complaint Resolution Specialist (Former Employee), Tulsa, OKJanuary 27, 2014
Pros: great working environment and benefits
Cons: hearing heartbreaking stories
A typical day at the Tulsa BBB involves answering phones, data entry, reviewing and processing complaints, communicating with both businesses and consumers while working to find an effective and mutually beneficial resolution to the complaint for the business and the consumer. Also included are Ad Reviews and Webinars. The management at the Tulsa branch – more... is first rate and top notch! I had the privilege of working with extremely competent, intelligent and compassionate leaders who helped me to grow as a member of the team and as an individual. The hardest part of the job was hearing heartbreaking stories. The best part of the job was finding resolutions that left both the company and the consumer happy. – less
Don't do it!!
Business Sales Representative (Former Employee), San AntonioJanuary 1, 2014
Pros: hours
Cons: job security
They didn't even give me a fair chance. Training was 2 days. We weren't even trained properly. We were put on the phone the third day. Hours were good, people I worked with were awesome, location was also good, but the training, management and upper management were not. Your basically given leads to call and try and get businesses accredited. Most are – more... rude because apparently they've been called way to many times. Leads are not good because of this. So you basically have to pull out the yellow pages and start calling businesses and hope you get lucky. Very stressful because there is absolutely no job security. Don't do it. This job isn't as pretty as the picture they paint. If you can't get at least 3 sales per week don't plan on staying. They will let you go faster than you can blink your eyes. Very high turnover.
Selling accreditation to businesses that have been called plenty of times isn't as easy as it seams. – less
Great place for a career
Business Relations (Current Employee), Richmond, VADecember 27, 2013
Pros: great people
Cons: telemarketing
Of the many jobs available at the BBB, that of sales is more of a telemarketing position. Come in, make 150 calls, go home. Not much challenge to following a script. Straight cold-calling and script following.
Learning Place
Disputes Resolution Specialist-Personal Services (Former Employee), ChicagoDecember 2, 2013
Pros: a learning enviorment
Cons: very high demand for email and telephone communication, while still functioning in the day to day of processing as well
Very fast paced work enviorment. You will learn alot about the consumer industry .
Very professional ,and fun workplace
Business Rep (Former Employee), San Antonio TexasNovember 23, 2013
Pros: one hour lunches, meeting and talking to busniess owners !!!
When I started this job ,I had no idea how much I was going to love it, and how much I needed to learn. My experience wasn't to long here!! I did make a promise to myself that I was going to get more experience in sales ,customer service , and to learn as much as I can about the businesses here in San Antonio. This is one job I'm defiantly coming back – more... to. The potential this job offers is unlimited! – less
good environment friendly people
Office Assistant Internship (Former Employee), Fresno, CANovember 13, 2013
good environment friendly people
learned a lot of how the office environment works and how to work as a team for the benefit of the overall company
Great Mission statement, Great Consumer service agents, horrible conditions.
Business Consultant (Former Employee), Spokane, WANovember 11, 2013
Pros: level ii co-workers... the "old school"
Cons: managment that needs accountability
Firstly: The BBB in it's mission & history is awesome. Helping consumers not to get scammed is great. Now the problem:
There is a huge US over Them mentality in the Spokane office. Us management vs Them "Business Consultant" (sales staff).
When I first interviewed I asked the earning potential of my position and was told the gentleman before me had – more... earned 52K with bonuses. When I was offered the Job and arrived the remuneration / bonuses had been changed.. Basically minimum plus bonuses. I thought well I'll stick it out and work my way up... NO chance. I earned the "Top Gun" award for most sales /cash in the door every month I was there. But here is the problem the bonuses were nothing $5.00 $10, $15, ... but then you had to play the General manager Poker, to get your bonuses! So if you didn't win you didn't get the bonuses you had sold to qualify for!!! Is this even legal?!
The Manager also brought in a Sale trainer... what a joke, a wanna be trying to write a book that gave us rehashed Zig Zigler. One day he tried to get us to use what I felt were unacceptable pushy practices. We asked him to show us on some clients we were working with... It was the second call which is usually the close. We gave him 11 clients between us and I watched him blow all elleven. He even had people hang up on him. We were then supposed to use this system... it was a fail.
We used to congratulate a co worker when they got a sale to keep moral up, he and the Management then instituted new rules... you weren't allowed to congratulate a coworker on a sale until they had two for the day.
So first we make you gamble for your bonuses, then we moderate your first ammendment!
Remind you I performed every month..
There are essentially three segments, the CEO,GM,Investigations, and PR have it good, the level down are the People who answer the phones and help the senior citizens calling about a scam etc..they're great.. and need to be recognized. Then there are the lowly "Business Consultants" That bring in the money... they are treated and paid at about the same descriptor!
The thing is the management came from Bank of America after working through the toxic loans season and possibly brought some of those attitudes with them.
The BBB is subject to a board made of local businesses, it would be nice if the "Board' WOULD ACTUALLY LOOK AT HOW THINGS ARE RAN. – less
Great office working with great people.
Volunteer (Former Employee), Colorado Springs, COOctober 29, 2013
Pros: the outstanding work experience
Cons: it was a volunteer possition
Fast pace office. High expectations. Always praised for my work. Office is very respected by community. Volunteering there helped improve my resume tremendously. It was definitely worth my time and I love the bonds I made with my office mates.
Wonderful company to work for.
Business Relation Specialist (Former Employee), Richmond, VAOctober 27, 2013
Great work with Great people!! You learn a lot about business ins and outs. Management cares for there employees. The hours couldn't be better.
A confusing job
Bilingual customer service (Former Employee), Milwaukee, WIOctober 18, 2013
Pros: no advancement
Cons: meeting people
My co-workers were very nice to work with. The job itself was very confusing. I didn't get the right train needed for this type of work.
Helping the surrounding communities
Asst. Dir. of Dispute Resolution (Former Employee), St. Louis, MOOctober 14, 2013
A typical day for me was filled with 100+ case files that required my attention.. I learned that many consumers/businesses have disputes that require 3rd party assistance, in order to be resolved.. As the Assistant Director of Dispute Resolution, I was able to help resolve disputes for over 1,000 cases.. I really enjoy helping people.
beware
Business Relationship Specialists (Current Employee), Austin, TXOctober 10, 2013
Pros: free coffee
Cons: brutal environment painted as a love fest
Its a telemarketing position! Some days you called from a phone book. Great people (employees) but management is really harsh and not very helpful. Total survival of the fittest. Few last over 90 days if that. Do your due diligence before and during the interview. Basically handed a script and a list or phone book to start calling.
Community Outreach Manager (Former Employee), Colorado Springs, COSeptember 13, 2013
Pros: breakfast meetings and hot coffee
Cons: pay at a non-profit rate
Wish I had stayed longer.

Allowed for opportunity for volunteering in the organization.

Shared the workload of calls with entire department.