Better Business Bureau

Better Business Bureau Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Don't do it!!
Business Sales Representative (Former Employee), San AntonioJanuary 1, 2014
Pros: hours
Cons: job security
They didn't even give me a fair chance. Training was 2 days. We weren't even trained properly. We were put on the phone the third day. Hours were good, people I worked with were awesome, location was also good, but the training, management and upper management were not. Your basically given leads to call and try and get businesses accredited. Most are – more... rude because apparently they've been called way to many times. Leads are not good because of this. So you basically have to pull out the yellow pages and start calling businesses and hope you get lucky. Very stressful because there is absolutely no job security. Don't do it. This job isn't as pretty as the picture they paint. If you can't get at least 3 sales per week don't plan on staying. They will let you go faster than you can blink your eyes. Very high turnover.
Selling accreditation to businesses that have been called plenty of times isn't as easy as it seams. – less
Great place for a career
Business Relations (Current Employee), Richmond, VADecember 27, 2013
Pros: great people
Cons: telemarketing
Of the many jobs available at the BBB, that of sales is more of a telemarketing position. Come in, make 150 calls, go home. Not much challenge to following a script. Straight cold-calling and script following.
Learning Place
Disputes Resolution Specialist-Personal Services (Former Employee), ChicagoDecember 2, 2013
Pros: a learning enviorment
Cons: very high demand for email and telephone communication, while still functioning in the day to day of processing as well
Very fast paced work enviorment. You will learn alot about the consumer industry .
Very professional ,and fun workplace
Business Rep (Former Employee), San Antonio TexasNovember 23, 2013
Pros: one hour lunches, meeting and talking to busniess owners !!!
When I started this job ,I had no idea how much I was going to love it, and how much I needed to learn. My experience wasn't to long here!! I did make a promise to myself that I was going to get more experience in sales ,customer service , and to learn as much as I can about the businesses here in San Antonio. This is one job I'm defiantly coming back – more... to. The potential this job offers is unlimited! – less
good environment friendly people
Office Assistant Internship (Former Employee), Fresno, CANovember 13, 2013
good environment friendly people
learned a lot of how the office environment works and how to work as a team for the benefit of the overall company
Great Mission statement, Great Consumer service agents, horrible conditions.
Business Consultant (Former Employee), Spokane, WANovember 11, 2013
Pros: level ii co-workers... the "old school"
Cons: managment that needs accountability
Firstly: The BBB in it's mission & history is awesome. Helping consumers not to get scammed is great. Now the problem:
There is a huge US over Them mentality in the Spokane office. Us management vs Them "Business Consultant" (sales staff).
When I first interviewed I asked the earning potential of my position and was told the gentleman before me had – more... earned 52K with bonuses. When I was offered the Job and arrived the remuneration / bonuses had been changed.. Basically minimum plus bonuses. I thought well I'll stick it out and work my way up... NO chance. I earned the "Top Gun" award for most sales /cash in the door every month I was there. But here is the problem the bonuses were nothing $5.00 $10, $15, ... but then you had to play the General manager Poker, to get your bonuses! So if you didn't win you didn't get the bonuses you had sold to qualify for!!! Is this even legal?!
The Manager also brought in a Sale trainer... what a joke, a wanna be trying to write a book that gave us rehashed Zig Zigler. One day he tried to get us to use what I felt were unacceptable pushy practices. We asked him to show us on some clients we were working with... It was the second call which is usually the close. We gave him 11 clients between us and I watched him blow all elleven. He even had people hang up on him. We were then supposed to use this system... it was a fail.
We used to congratulate a co worker when they got a sale to keep moral up, he and the Management then instituted new rules... you weren't allowed to congratulate a coworker on a sale until they had two for the day.
So first we make you gamble for your bonuses, then we moderate your first ammendment!
Remind you I performed every month..
There are essentially three segments, the CEO,GM,Investigations, and PR have it good, the level down are the People who answer the phones and help the senior citizens calling about a scam etc..they're great.. and need to be recognized. Then there are the lowly "Business Consultants" That bring in the money... they are treated and paid at about the same descriptor!
The thing is the management came from Bank of America after working through the toxic loans season and possibly brought some of those attitudes with them.
The BBB is subject to a board made of local businesses, it would be nice if the "Board' WOULD ACTUALLY LOOK AT HOW THINGS ARE RAN. – less
Great office working with great people.
Volunteer (Former Employee), Colorado Springs, COOctober 29, 2013
Pros: the outstanding work experience
Cons: it was a volunteer possition
Fast pace office. High expectations. Always praised for my work. Office is very respected by community. Volunteering there helped improve my resume tremendously. It was definitely worth my time and I love the bonds I made with my office mates.
Wonderful company to work for.
Business Relation Specialist (Former Employee), Richmond, VAOctober 27, 2013
Great work with Great people!! You learn a lot about business ins and outs. Management cares for there employees. The hours couldn't be better.
A confusing job
Bilingual customer service (Former Employee), Milwaukee, WIOctober 18, 2013
Pros: no advancement
Cons: meeting people
My co-workers were very nice to work with. The job itself was very confusing. I didn't get the right train needed for this type of work.
Helping the surrounding communities
Asst. Dir. of Dispute Resolution (Former Employee), St. Louis, MOOctober 14, 2013
A typical day for me was filled with 100+ case files that required my attention.. I learned that many consumers/businesses have disputes that require 3rd party assistance, in order to be resolved.. As the Assistant Director of Dispute Resolution, I was able to help resolve disputes for over 1,000 cases.. I really enjoy helping people.
beware
Business Relationship Specialists (Current Employee), Austin, TXOctober 10, 2013
Pros: free coffee
Cons: brutal environment painted as a love fest
Its a telemarketing position! Some days you called from a phone book. Great people (employees) but management is really harsh and not very helpful. Total survival of the fittest. Few last over 90 days if that. Do your due diligence before and during the interview. Basically handed a script and a list or phone book to start calling.
Community Outreach Manager (Former Employee), Colorado Springs, COSeptember 13, 2013
Pros: breakfast meetings and hot coffee
Cons: pay at a non-profit rate
Wish I had stayed longer.

Allowed for opportunity for volunteering in the organization.

Shared the workload of calls with entire department.
A good way to learn knowledge of companies.
Receptionist (Former Employee), Dayton, OhioJuly 11, 2013
Pros: meeting the public
Cons: the salary.
Meet & greet incoming customers; help them fill out complaints on companies, answer the phone, typing, filing.
How to meet & greet customers, knowledge on how to research companies you might want to do business with. Management did well with the office and helping the public. The co-workers also knew their job, and were committed to serving the public.
Gaining – more... knowledge of how to get a review on companies, the hardest part would have to be new management coming in. – less
Engaging workplace which encourages strong interpersonal relationships.
Dispute Resolution Counselor (Current Employee), Fort Collins, COJuly 8, 2013
Pros: engaging, challenging, fun environment
Cons: no room for advancement
BBB Serving Northern Colorado and Wyoming is a forward thinking organization which strives to continually adapt to the changing marketplace through the implementation of new technologies, systems, and programs. Throughout my time here, I have been challenged to design, update, or implement a variety of new systems. Each project produced a variety of – more... unique problems which was a joy to overcome. – less
Intern (Former Employee), Springfield, MOJuly 1, 2013
Fun and fast paced environment
Coworkers were very helpful and friendly
Loved the management
Ethical Company
Administrator/Dispute Resolution Specialist (Former Employee), Tucson, AZJune 17, 2013
Pros: ethical, promoted trust
A typical day included processing complaints and helping consumers and businesses reach a resolution, answering general phone line and provide support to consumers and businesses, alternative dispute resolution, processing return mail, database management, verify business licensure and update information as well as vetting businesses into the BBB system.
Interesting place to work
Sales Rep (Former Employee), Lexington, KYMay 26, 2013
I only worked for the BBB for a short time, but enjoyed it. It is hard to sell a service in the middle of a recession.
Better Business Bureau
Operations Manager (Current Employee), College Station, TXFebruary 10, 2013
My function is to be a conduit to advance both customers and businesses through navigational process of the Better Business Bureau. In pursuing the Better Business Bureau mission using integrity, critical thinking, and problem solving skills to create solutions or discovery in the business world.

Serving as the Operations Manager for the past 10+ years – more... has sharpened my skills in operations, customer service, public relations, marketing programs and services, business solutions, advisement with billing and collection issues, global business support and hosting special events.

In short my role is to ensure that I provide a vehicle to all parties involved being mutually trusted intermediary to resolve disputes to facilitate communication and provide reliability reports on companies.

The satisfaction that I receive in doing my job understands how being a neutral party to the process can assist others in discovering the facts of working together while understanding the differences that we all have. – less
great place to work
Business Relations Representative (Current Employee), Atlanta, GAJanuary 30, 2013
great place to work, highly motivated team that has a lot to offer with a great career.
Team work experience
Business Relations Representative (Former Employee), FLJanuary 7, 2013
The Northwest Florida BBB is a great place to work! However, there are no full time positions with benefits available at this time. Great staff and CEO.