Better Business Bureau

Better Business Bureau Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
beware
Business Relationship Specialists (Current Employee), Austin, TXOctober 10, 2013
Pros: free coffee
Cons: brutal environment painted as a love fest
Its a telemarketing position! Some days you called from a phone book. Great people (employees) but management is really harsh and not very helpful. Total survival of the fittest. Few last over 90 days if that. Do your due diligence before and during the interview. Basically handed a script and a list or phone book to start calling.
Community Outreach Manager (Former Employee), Colorado Springs, COSeptember 13, 2013
Pros: breakfast meetings and hot coffee
Cons: pay at a non-profit rate
Wish I had stayed longer.

Allowed for opportunity for volunteering in the organization.

Shared the workload of calls with entire department.
A good way to learn knowledge of companies.
Receptionist (Former Employee), Dayton, OhioJuly 11, 2013
Pros: meeting the public
Cons: the salary.
Meet & greet incoming customers; help them fill out complaints on companies, answer the phone, typing, filing.
How to meet & greet customers, knowledge on how to research companies you might want to do business with. Management did well with the office and helping the public. The co-workers also knew their job, and were committed to serving the public.
Gaining – more... knowledge of how to get a review on companies, the hardest part would have to be new management coming in. – less
Engaging workplace which encourages strong interpersonal relationships.
Dispute Resolution Counselor (Current Employee), Fort Collins, COJuly 8, 2013
Pros: engaging, challenging, fun environment
Cons: no room for advancement
BBB Serving Northern Colorado and Wyoming is a forward thinking organization which strives to continually adapt to the changing marketplace through the implementation of new technologies, systems, and programs. Throughout my time here, I have been challenged to design, update, or implement a variety of new systems. Each project produced a variety of – more... unique problems which was a joy to overcome. – less
Intern (Former Employee), Springfield, MOJuly 1, 2013
Fun and fast paced environment
Coworkers were very helpful and friendly
Loved the management
Ethical Company
Administrator/Dispute Resolution Specialist (Former Employee), Tucson, AZJune 17, 2013
Pros: ethical, promoted trust
A typical day included processing complaints and helping consumers and businesses reach a resolution, answering general phone line and provide support to consumers and businesses, alternative dispute resolution, processing return mail, database management, verify business licensure and update information as well as vetting businesses into the BBB system.
Interesting place to work
Sales Rep (Former Employee), Lexington, KYMay 26, 2013
I only worked for the BBB for a short time, but enjoyed it. It is hard to sell a service in the middle of a recession.
Better Business Bureau
Operations Manager (Current Employee), College Station, TXFebruary 10, 2013
My function is to be a conduit to advance both customers and businesses through navigational process of the Better Business Bureau. In pursuing the Better Business Bureau mission using integrity, critical thinking, and problem solving skills to create solutions or discovery in the business world.

Serving as the Operations Manager for the past 10+ years – more... has sharpened my skills in operations, customer service, public relations, marketing programs and services, business solutions, advisement with billing and collection issues, global business support and hosting special events.

In short my role is to ensure that I provide a vehicle to all parties involved being mutually trusted intermediary to resolve disputes to facilitate communication and provide reliability reports on companies.

The satisfaction that I receive in doing my job understands how being a neutral party to the process can assist others in discovering the facts of working together while understanding the differences that we all have. – less
great place to work
Business Relations Representative (Current Employee), Atlanta, GAJanuary 30, 2013
great place to work, highly motivated team that has a lot to offer with a great career.
Team work experience
Business Relations Representative (Former Employee), FLJanuary 7, 2013
The Northwest Florida BBB is a great place to work! However, there are no full time positions with benefits available at this time. Great staff and CEO.
Great oppertunity to get your foot in the door as an intern.
Intern (Former Employee), Denver, CODecember 21, 2012
Its a very professional setting. Everyone kind and enjoyable to be around. They made being there a joy.
resolved customers complaints
Mediator Intern (Former Employee), New York, NYDecember 8, 2012
Pros: in a good location in the city. not to far from train stations
Friendly evnironment. Staff was really nice to work with. One can learn a great deal about local business in the metropolitan area.
Better Business Bureau of Greater MD (Former Employee), Baltimore, MDDecember 7, 2012
Typical work day consisted of local business interaction and promoting Baltimore businesses.
Learned a lot about the culture of the business environment of Baltimore and what ethical business consisted of.
Management was amazing.
Co-workers were awesome.
Hardest part of the job was getting necessary documents from non-member companies.
Enjoyed the atmosphere.
liked employees i worked with but mgmt was horrible
Business Relations Representative (Former Employee), Portland, ORNovember 5, 2012
Pros: no benefits what so ever no pros i can think of.
was not paid enough hrly and commission was low end as well. Their was a lot of pressure to sell memberships and constant threat of losing your job. Boiler room enviroment.
Good commission structure
Business to Business Sales Specialist (Former Employee), San Diego, CASeptember 12, 2012
Pros: clean workplace
Cons: pressure due to quota system. commission only.
Work under quota system. Co-workers generally nice, but competitive.
resume
Accreditation Representative / Sales (Former Employee), Culver City, CAAugust 13, 2012
Pros: free lunch
Cons: slow computers
my resume covers sales and customer service working at the BBB was great they have a good health care plan I learned how to sale at this job my co-workers were very friendly most enjoyable part about this job is making sales
No evaluations, recognition or respect.
Complaints Resolution Specialist (Current Employee), El Paso, Texas USAAugust 10, 2012
Pros: getting out early on fridays
Cons: no career advancement or salary improvement
A TYPICAL DAY AT WORK. Entering complaints, answering phones, interviewing, preparing and scheduling arbitrations, replying to emails and faxes; working with the County.

MANAGEMENT. Very poor.

CO-WORKERS. Excellent attitude. Very supportive.

HARDEST PART OF THE JOB. Not being able to provide the additional assistance that consumers require.

THE – more... MOST ENJOYABLE PART OF THE JOB. Meeting people, oferring help, accomplishing daily tasks. – less
I would definitely recommend a friend to work at the Better Business Bureau
Sales Representative (Former Employee), Cleveland, OHJuly 2, 2012
Pros: 45 minutes for lunch
Cons: at the time, we had no computers
typical day averaged more than 100 calls to businessess, heavy
customer service, fast paced environment.
I learned to stay focused and to make the last phone call of the
day with as much ambition and focus as the first phone call.
I had a good business relation with management as well as
the co-workers; team oriented.
hardest part of the job was the – more... rejection by the business owner
regarding membership with the Better Business Bureau.
most enjoyable part of the job was when I was able to show
how our product would help benefit the business owner. – less
great!
Internet Services Representative (Current Employee), Colton, CAJuly 1, 2012
Great place to work!! They offer a great benefit package and work enviornment.
Lots kinds people.
Office Clerk (Former Employee), Chicago, ILMay 29, 2012
I've learned to work well with others, take orders, customers are always right, and not to be afraid to give suggestions.