Better Business Bureau

Better Business Bureau Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Poorly disguised telemarketing
Business Relations (Current Employee), Calgary, ABSeptember 1, 2014
Pros: great team and wonderful personalities
Cons: unethical, lots of nepotism
I came to work at the BBB because I am a highly ethical person and thought my values would mirror those of this employer. I had to leave because this was not the case.
BBB operates on a franchise like model where each branch is run by the president. If that person is a great leader, you are in for a wonderful experience. However, if they are not, they call the shots completely, and you have no recourse if you are treated poorly and unprofessionally, asked to do unethical tasks, and are not a "yes person" and one of the favorites.
Top that off with a lot of nepotism where you will find that there is a double standards for pay and work expectations for the close relatives compared to that of the rest of the team.
Finally, once you have made a sale, it is screened though another department where your sale (and commissions) can rapidly go down the drain. The screening department very slowly and with evangelical zeal tries to eliminate as many of your new accounts (and commissions) as possible for the most ridiculous and nonsensical reasons.
Once your account have finally managed to make it through the screening gauntlet, you have to give up your account and any retention commissions to the retention department so they can look like heroes.
There is a ton of administrative tasks as well that will easily take up 25% of your time (and don't forget--you are working on commissions).
Not the worst job I've had
Sales Representative (Current Employee), EtobicokeJuly 21, 2014
Pros: summer hours
Cons: poor management
Over-worked, under-paid. Boss is ok if you're working, but demeans people and talks poorly about the employees.

That being said, this is a 9 to 5 job with summer hours, and if you're making your numbers you can take it easy a lot of the time.

Sales rep job is full of cold-calling and trying to make new sales. A great way to build a career in sales, but the not the company you want to end up working for for the rest of your life.
Great ppl
Admin (Current Employee), VancouverJuly 20, 2014
Pros: i love my co-workers and what i do
Cons: pay structure and management fairness
Pay and managment need to be looked at, the people are great and I have enjoyed my time
Got along well with co workers
Business Services Administrator (Former Employee), Kitchener, ONDecember 10, 2013
Pros: out at 3 in the summer
My duties changed daily. I enjoyed the company, but had to move and commuting wasn't an option
Wonderful family like environment.
Consumer Consultant (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABJanuary 17, 2013
Great place to work,. Caring and kind. The hours were great. In the summer especially. The work load was consistent and fair.