Better Business Bureau Employee Reviews in Canada

Great place to work.
Director, Business Development (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BCJanuary 28, 2016
Everyone working there stay a long time. Pay is low but work place compensates for that. Great place to advance and working for the BBB helps your resume.
Not the worst job I've had
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  EtobicokeJuly 21, 2014
Over-worked, under-paid. Boss is ok if you're working, but demeans people and talks poorly about the employees.

That being said, this is a 9 to 5 job with summer hours, and if you're making your numbers you can take it easy a lot of the time.

Sales rep job is full of cold-calling and trying to make new sales. A great way to build a career in sales, but the not the company you want to end up working for for the rest of your life.
Pros
summer hours
Cons
poor management
Big turnover and disatisfaction
Business relations (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABOctober 29, 2014
All BBBs are different and contentment largely depends on the management and how employees are treated. In this BBB, the upper management is really bad and in addition, family members are employed without a job posting or interview and do not seem suitable for the job, or indeed, it is a mystery what the need is at all for one of them as no one knows what they actually do. It is a stressful environment. Staff have left in droves and several have suffered health issues. Integrity seems to have taken a back seat. This used to be a respected BBB, but no longer is.
Great ppl
Admin (Current Employee) –  VancouverJuly 20, 2014
Pay and managment need to be looked at, the people are great and I have enjoyed my time
Pros
i love my co-workers and what i do
Cons
pay structure and management fairness
Poorly disguised telemarketing
Business Relations (Current Employee) –  Calgary, ABSeptember 1, 2014
I came to work at the BBB because I am a highly ethical person and thought my values would mirror those of this employer. I had to leave because this was not the case.
BBB operates on a franchise like model where each branch is run by the president. If that person is a great leader, you are in for a wonderful experience. However, if they are not, they call the shots completely, and you have no recourse if you are treated poorly and unprofessionally, asked to do unethical tasks, and are not a "yes person" and one of the favorites.
Top that off with a lot of nepotism where you will find that there is a double standards for pay and work expectations for the close relatives compared to that of the rest of the team.
Finally, once you have made a sale, it is screened though another department where your sale (and commissions) can rapidly go down the drain. The screening department very slowly and with evangelical zeal tries to eliminate as many of your new accounts (and commissions) as possible for the most ridiculous and nonsensical reasons.
Once your account have finally managed to make it through the screening gauntlet, you have to give up your account and any retention commissions to the retention department so they can look like heroes.
There is a ton of administrative tasks as well that will easily take up 25% of your time (and don't forget--you are working on commissions).
Pros
great team and wonderful personalities
Cons
unethical, lots of nepotism
Wonderful family like environment.
Consumer Consultant (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABJanuary 17, 2013
Great place to work,. Caring and kind. The hours were great. In the summer especially. The work load was consistent and fair.
Got along well with co workers
Business Services Administrator (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, ONDecember 10, 2013
My duties changed daily. I enjoyed the company, but had to move and commuting wasn't an option
Pros
out at 3 in the summer