Better Business Bureau

Better Business Bureau Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Poorly disguised telemarketing
Business Relations (Current Employee), Calgary, ABSeptember 1, 2014
Pros: great team and wonderful personalities
Cons: unethical, lots of nepotism
I came to work at the BBB because I am a highly ethical person and thought my values would mirror those of this employer. I had to leave because this was not the case.
BBB operates on a franchise like model where each branch is run by the president. If that person is a great leader, you are in for a wonderful experience. However, if they are not, they – more... call the shots completely, and you have no recourse if you are treated poorly and unprofessionally, asked to do unethical tasks, and are not a "yes person" and one of the favorites.
Top that off with a lot of nepotism where you will find that there is a double standards for pay and work expectations for the close relatives compared to that of the rest of the team.
Finally, once you have made a sale, it is screened though another department where your sale (and commissions) can rapidly go down the drain. The screening department very slowly and with evangelical zeal tries to eliminate as many of your new accounts (and commissions) as possible for the most ridiculous and nonsensical reasons.
Once your account have finally managed to make it through the screening gauntlet, you have to give up your account and any retention commissions to the retention department so they can look like heroes.
There is a ton of administrative tasks as well that will easily take up 25% of your time (and don't forget--you are working on commissions). – less
Not the worst job I've had
Sales Representative (Current Employee), EtobicokeJuly 21, 2014
Pros: summer hours
Cons: poor management
Over-worked, under-paid. Boss is ok if you're working, but demeans people and talks poorly about the employees.

That being said, this is a 9 to 5 job with summer hours, and if you're making your numbers you can take it easy a lot of the time.

Sales rep job is full of cold-calling and trying to make new sales. A great way to build a career in sales, – more... but the not the company you want to end up working for for the rest of your life. – less
Great ppl
Admin (Current Employee), VancouverJuly 20, 2014
Pros: i love my co-workers and what i do
Cons: pay structure and management fairness
Pay and managment need to be looked at, the people are great and I have enjoyed my time
Got along well with co workers
Business Services Administrator (Former Employee), Kitchener, ONDecember 10, 2013
Pros: out at 3 in the summer
My duties changed daily. I enjoyed the company, but had to move and commuting wasn't an option
Wonderful family like environment.
Consumer Consultant (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABJanuary 17, 2013
Great place to work,. Caring and kind. The hours were great. In the summer especially. The work load was consistent and fair.
Community Outreach Specialist
Community Outreach Specialist (Current Employee), Marlborough, MADecember 8, 2014
Conducted Market Research to determine viable sales markets
Engaged businesses and discussed marketing techniques to maximize online marketing
Managed social media accounts for B2B and B2C platforms
A company dedicated to the success and growth of Portland's business economy
Inside sales representative (Former Employee), Lake Oswego, OROctober 29, 2014
This is a company that is dedicated to the success of Portland's business sector. They provide avenues for small and large businesses to network and grow. They are committed to ensuring advertising honesty for consumers.
Great working environment
Financial Analyst Internship (Former Employee), New York, NYOctober 23, 2014
a typical day at work
what you learned
management
your co-workers
the hardest part of the job
the most enjoyable part of the job
Business Relations Representative (Former Employee), San Antonio, TXOctober 9, 2014
Was great for finding out the ethics of businesses in thousands of different industries. The competitive nature of the business allowed people to exceed their own expectations. Benefits were great, but the compensation didn't meet the promises.
Friendly on a highly professional level.
Intern (Former Employee), Denver, COOctober 3, 2014
It was the best office work as an intern that I have ever done. It's a nice quite work environment. The work always gets done on time!
This was a rewarding position
CUSTOMER SERVICE COUSELOR (Former Employee), St. Louis, MOSeptember 29, 2014
Input data in computer; serve as reference for consumer, filed complaints and inquiries against businesses
Great Company
Sales Representative (Former Employee), Culver City, CASeptember 15, 2014
I love this job great pay benefits eveything is great wonderful place to work
BBB
Assistant Manager - Marketing (Former Employee), Winter Park, FLSeptember 15, 2014
Pros: income is unlimited if motivated
Cons: no benefits
Not a job for everyone. 100% commission which many will not take. Pay could be good if motivated and self starter.
They have a niche, but Angel's list seems more successful.
Business Development Account Executive (Former Employee), Marlborough, MAAugust 28, 2014
Pros: i learned about the bbb
Cons: not able to call makor organizations to sign up.
We called at least one hundred businesses every shift of eight hours. Most businesses did not want to pay for the BBB designation. Contractors tend to answer their own phones on the road or at a job. They do not have an office secretary. They tended to fight signing up for a credit card deduction each month for a year in order to buy into the solicitation. – more... Small businesses believe they will excel without the BBB designation. The people we spoke to had a rush to their day and were difficult to agree to spending money without their spouse's approval. The time spent was not worthwhile to sign up such a small organization as a self-employed roofer or carpenter or electrician. You could not call major firms.That was disappointing. – less
no no no no no no no no!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Business Relations Represenitive (Current Employee), Southfield, MIAugust 21, 2014
Pros: nothing
Cons: not enough training, no money
MANAGMENT IS SUPER BAD
BAD
BAD
NO MONEY!!!! bAD bAD bAD BAD BAD BAD BAD
Its a nice place to work
Dispute Claims Representative (Former Employee), Worcester, MAJune 11, 2014
Pros: hour lunch
Handled consumer complaints
Learned about the different laws we have as consumers
My coworkers were great to work with
Enjoyed the relationships this company cultivated in the marketplace.
VP/Business Development, Executive Director (Former Employee), Austin, TXMay 22, 2014
Pros: great mission, great people, great relationships.
An excellent brand that served a specialty niche. Leadership is success focused and provided support as needed.
House of Cards
Business development representative (Former Employee), Lake Oswego, ORMay 12, 2014
Cons: pay, lies, and the grind
They lie from the interview on. Nothing that they say is honest yet there motto is "start with trust". You cannot make six figures like they say some people are. They say that certain people call HOT leads and those people admit they never do. Do yourself a favor, if you have a job or are collecting unemployment keep it. It's better than getting paid – more... minimum wage to scrub there database. – less
People you work with turn into family!
NA (Former Employee), NAMay 4, 2014
Pros: potlucks and meetings
Cons: management
Management is not the best, but working on it. No room for advancement.
Fun and fast-paced work enviroment
Communications Intern (Former Employee), Louisville, KYApril 16, 2014
During my time at the BBB, I learned something new each day. I knew the internship was going to be magnificent, yet it still exceeded my every expectation. I have become more confident as a person, strengthened my communications and writing skills, and met some of the most interesting, knowledgeable and hard-working people I ever hope to meet. I feel – more... so fortunate to have worked at BBB. – less

1 2 3 4