Bethany Care Society

Bethany Care Society Employee Reviews in Canada

• Salary/Benefits
Practicom
Health Care Aide (Former Employee), North West CalgaryMarch 15, 2016
I just only work at Bethany Care Society for 5 weeks as student.I find it exciting to be part of that company.
The staff are nice and I love to be with the elder and senior people.This is what I love to do , to give a quality care for them.
Horrible place to work
health care (Current Employee), Red Deer, ABJanuary 7, 2016
Pros: The residents are amazing
Cons: Management
Stay away if you can. Horrible place I feel bad for the residents that get treated poorly and if you stand up for them you get in trouble. There's so much drama and cattiness within Bethany it's pathetic!
Stay Away if you can!!!!
RN (Current Employee), Calgary, ABDecember 8, 2015
Pros: Nothing
Cons: Plain bad workplace.
Stay away from this work place if you can. If this is the only job on earth and you need to feed your family, then may be ok. But otherwise stay away. Bad HR, bad management, internal chaos, and poor working condition. So long story short, please stay away! I feel for the residents that have to suffer.
helping residents with ADL
Casual HCA (Former Employee), Sylvan Lake, ABDecember 2, 2015
the staff was wonderful to work with, and hours where easy enough to come by. residents where a delight to work with and very appreciative of any and all help they received
Any normal person would never want to work there.
Health Care Worker (Current Employee), Calgary, ABNovember 30, 2015
Pros: McDonalds pays more
Cons: Poor wages, staff cutbacks & reductions to part time status, claw back of Shift Differential and Weekend Differential.....
A job at Bethany is perfect for anyone who is totally and utterly useless.
These skills would likely be noticed and you'd be fast-tracked into a Management or Human Resources position to work with your peers.
Poor quality
Poor quality to treat the workers (Former Employee), Sylvan Lake, ABNovember 12, 2015
This company it's the worst. Make sure to find a job a place that you feel welcome, not like Bethany sylvan lake. Know one likes to work in there because the way they treat the stuff and it's poor. They never happy even if you pick up shifts they don't recognize what you are doing for them. Even if you do ur best working in there, they don't care and if you make a mistake to become a friend with the resident they can they can fire you for that reason.
If you work in there ....make sure yes do your job and don't talk, or don't be to friendly. !!!
That's too bad that they fire people with out finding out exactly what happened.
Enjoyed atmosphere and learning experience
Housekeeping Attendant (Former Employee), Calgary, ABNovember 8, 2015
enjoyed the atmosphere and cooperation with my fellow
co-workers. It was a great learning experience and environment.
the facilities were professionally maintained .
Fulfilling and satisfying kind of work..
Health Care Aide (Former Employee), sylvan lakeSeptember 1, 2015
Pros: good health benifits
Cons: lack of education for upgrading some new procedures
Working in bethany is one of the most rewarding experiences in life..pleasant co-workers,good management..its nice to be with our grannies and elderly as they lift up your spirit internally by giving quality care...
Stay clear of this work environment. Corporate office is an unhappy place to work with extremely low employee satisfaction.
admin (Former Employee), Calgary, ABMay 15, 2015
Pros: helping seniors
Cons: corporate culture is very bad. just do your work and get out quick to avoid getting in trouble.
Everyday I went to work I worried what would happen bad tbat day or would I get talked about behind my back. I still think about this workplace and feel stress and sadness. Avoid it if you can. Senior management and HR are part of the problem and not helpful.
fun loving place
Health Care Provider (Former Employee), calgary, canadaApril 27, 2015
when i get to work in every day, i make sure that everything is organized, get the report to the previous staff so that i wont miss anything during my shift. i learned that when you are happy to your job and cared most to your co-workers and workplace, you will accomplish something to your lifestyle that will make it easy for you in everyday. The hardest is when people brings their problem at work and it affects a lot of aspects at work. The most enjoyable is when people acknowledge your work load and you accomplish something that will improve your career, and i enjoyed when staff are sometimes having fun.
Compassionate and supportive workplace
Medical Office Assistant & Senior Unit Clerk (Former Employee), Calgary, ABApril 9, 2015
I absolutely loved working for Bethany. The amount of support given to me during my first few months there was incomparable to other previous employers. The staff was friendly and felt like a real team. Wage and benefits were outstanding.
A nice working environment
Health Care Aide Practicum (Former Employee), Calgary, ABMarch 31, 2015
There is a balance between employees and seniors and their interaction provides an atmosphere which enhances the philosophy of care, welfare, safety, security and confidentiality.
Excellent company to work for.
Housing Manager (Former Employee), Calgary, ABMarch 30, 2015
Pros: Gave credit when credit was warrented, very much appreciated.
Cons: Lean budgets
Diversity of clients was amazing. No day was the same as the last.
Hardest part of job was communicating with people who had English as second language. Very challenging, however rewarding when communication succeeded.

Most enjoyable and interesting were the residents.
The support and caring from the CEO all the way down to the on site staff.
Will always be grateful to all of those individuals.
Top seniors care facility in Alberta
Senior Analyst, Finance (Current Employee), Calgary, ABNovember 22, 2014
Leads the province in providing Long-Term Care, Supportive Living, Special Programs and low income housing.
Love looking after and caring for the elderly
Health Care Aide (Current Employee), Cochrane, ABSeptember 14, 2014
Pros: smiles from the residents
Cons: not enough hours in the day
For the past four years, I have enjoyed looking after the elderly, treating them as if they were my family.
Not a fun place to work
administration (Current Employee), Bethany Care SocietyAugust 12, 2014
Pros: i like the families and residents
Cons: too many big egos and ineffective leaders who don't seem to care about their staff.
I definitely agree with others who have posted that morale is a HUGE issue at Bethany. Not sure what the problem is but it seems to start from the top and work it's way down. If you can stay out of site and don't get noticed you are safe from the craziness.

Not a place I would be wanting to start a new job but for those who have been here for a long time, they have built a support network and that helps make the job bearable.
This is a very toxic work environment
management (Current Employee), head office, CalgaryJuly 21, 2014
Pros: some really dedicated staff
Cons: long hours, very little support, ineffective leadership, lots of stress, low pay
Corporate services head office is a difficult work environment going through some very big changes including a new CEO. There is significant staff turnover and it is not a pleasant place to work. HR practices seem outdated and not supportive of employees.
Good environment
Therapeutic Recreation Aid-Student Summer Position (Former Employee), Calgary, ABMarch 6, 2014
Pros: great coworkers
Cons: not enough nurses
Working there was good experience and a good opportunity. My coworkers were very kind and patient with me and showed me around. My supervisor and I got along as I would follow her instructions and she would let me plan activities. I did not have any big problems I could not fix with the residents living there.
I enjoyed working there.
A sweatshop for employees and run by poor Managers
Maintenance (Current Employee), Calgary,AlbertaJanuary 14, 2014
Pros: there are none
Cons: poor pay, a heavy workload, no job security, low morale everywhere, lousy management
The workforce is constantly reduced and the workload increased.
For this you are paid a low wage,led by poor Management protecting their jobs.
Thankfully,the staff truly cares for the Residents and helps them so much.But the poor working conditions creates such a huge turnover in staff.
This is a place where,when it rains and the snow melts,5-gallon pails are put out all over the place to collect the water from the leaking roofs and windows.It's a pity the Accreditation committee didn't arrive on a rainy day!!
Lay off some more staff and build another Boardroom to discuss the problem.That's the solution.
Flexible, Helping, Supportive, Team Oriented
Senior Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Calgary, AlbertaDecember 13, 2013
- I love the challenges and busyness of the position.
- I assist two Directors and have acquired an organized and timely system to make sure all their needs are met daily
- I sent out a daily guideline of what I am doing so that we can priortize and see what timeline we have everyday
- I was only given one day of training and have learned the job quickly and to my satisfaction that helps in getting the job done efficiently
- I love the multi-tasking and not knowing what is going to come my way each day to make the job exciting and ever changing
- I am only here on a 2 mth contract through an agency but the duties it is teaching me and the principle and respect of the organization are contributing greatly to my background
Headquarters