Best Western Employee Reviews

Great team
Room Attendant (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABDecember 16, 2015
Rewards, challenges widely depending where you work, job satisfaction Average , flexibility , upward mobility few. But great team and enjoy working and fun to work.
Great atmosphere
Front Desk Supervisor/ Night Auditor (Former Employee) –  Woodstock, ONDecember 7, 2015
I loved working there the staff was great and we all had fun. Process guest arrivals and departures, including all necessary payments. Handle & coordinate room assignments and pre-arrivals. Handle guests' concerns.
Offer referral for services and handle requests for information. Handle and store luggage. Assist with the check-in and check-out of groups and tours. Assist other departments as required.
Pros
flexibility
Cons
extra laundry was left to me
balancing books, helping guests
Night clerk (Former Employee) –  Sylvan Lake, ABDecember 2, 2015
best western was a nice place to work, with lots to keep you busy throughout the shift. and the staff was a treat to work with.
Great work environment, amazing staff and enjoyable
Banquet Server (Current Employee) –  Brantford, ONNovember 27, 2015
Start by setting tables, and prepping for dinner service
Serve dinner, either buffet, or plated. Help clear sections, coffee and tea service.
End of shift cleaning, and polishing of silverware.
Management is excellent, and easy to get along with, as for co workers. Always willing to support and help out where needed.
Hardest part of the job is when someone doesn't show up for a shift, or something is missing from the event that we can not get, or unhappy costumers.
Most enjoyable part of the job, getting everything done and assuring guests had a good time.
Pros
Food is wonderful, being able to work in more than one department.
Cons
being called off early when an event is overstaffed.
Fast paced, no tips, bad clients.
Bartender/VLT clerk (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MBNovember 25, 2015
You never were doing the right thing, hated the fact I had earings, no one tipped. I liked the other bartenders.

I really dont feel like going on and on and on. this should be enough.
Pros
free breakfast
Cons
bad clients
a typical day at work
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Orillia, ONNovember 25, 2015
When you get there, you have no idea what to expect. it could be you have a full work day ahead of you, or that youve been taken off of the schedule.
Pros
free breakfast
Cons
not organized
A great family team something I will never forget.
Maintenance Manager (Current Employee) –  Owen Sound, ONNovember 10, 2015
Fast paced environment and making sure jobs get done in a timely fashion. I have learned all various types of jobs from painting to plumbing and managing big contract jobs. Great management team. Keeps you learning and growing with the company. Great group of people to work with I consider them my family. Hardest part of my job is keeping up with a hundred room hotel with only my self to look after it. Most enjoyable part of my job is learning new things every day and working along side great people.
Pros
Benefit package.
Cons
pay.
Friendly and professional atmosphere.
Front Desk (Current Employee) –  Simcoe, ONNovember 10, 2015
Friendly and professional work place. Management and co-workers are very friendly and willing to help where they can. The most enjoyable part of the job is learning new things and getting to interact with guests.
Productive Fun
Extra Curricular/ Volunteer Activities (Current Employee) –  Halifax, NSNovember 9, 2015
Very nice work environment fits schedule nice. Staff friendly and management caring. Learned different types of computer software, learned how to use PMS check in systems. Learned night audit and how to process payments.
Good working team.
Lead Cook (Former Employee) –  Bathurst, NBNovember 5, 2015
Good learning experience, started as a kitchen helper and within two weeks was lead cook. I had the experience of opening a brand new restaurant and my opinion on the menu.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Reduced hours
Great atmosphere
Food & Beverage Server (Former Employee) –  High Level, ABNovember 3, 2015
Good experience, atmosphere is totally awesome enjoyed my time working here quiet a few challenges at times but i really met some great people along the way.
Pros
Close to home
Cons
Insufficient hours
Productive workplace with great staff, friendly guests.
Front Desk Agent (Former Employee) –  Chemainus, BCNovember 2, 2015
I am rating the Best Western PLUS Chemainus Inn extremely highly, as the GM and AGM as well as each and every other staff member were fantastic to get along with. I loved the guest interaction, how each guest was given their own personalized experience, whether it be just staying at the hotel, or a theatre package, or just using the pool and gym facilities.
Pros
Lots to do, actually able work for 8 hours and get paid for 8 hours.
Cons
No lunch break, always on the go, which isnt too bad really.
Fun, great place to work
Regional Food and Beverage Manager (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, ABNovember 1, 2015
Nice place to work, great general manager to work for . rewarding experience. Good growth opportunities and a good brand to wok for.
Fun and Challenging Environment
Banquet Manager (Former Employee) –  WetaskiwinOctober 22, 2015
It was only seasonal. October to February. But it was an excellent experience and i learned alot their! I never knew i could decorate banuets the way i did there! It was fantastic!
Pros
Great Staff
Cons
Inexperienced GM
good day
Front Desk Service Agent - Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Thompson, MBOctober 13, 2015
come into work. clock in and start gathering my cleaning supplies for the day. If i ever needed something that i hadnt yet got alot of the other coworkers would grab it for me and as i would the same for them. I then go to my floor, grab my cart and get to cleaning my first c/o room and so on and so forth.
Pros
i got hour lunches which was nice
Cons
it was would get pretty hot in there in the summer
Team work and Family Environment
Room Attendant Day and Night (Current Employee) –  Niagara Falls, ONOctober 11, 2015
Physically demanding and time management is a must. Co-workers are wonderful and feel very much like family. The down fall is that it is seasonal and has very little room for advancement. There is a wide range of clients and is a wonderful way to meet new people that visit the hotel from all around the world.
work
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, ONOctober 8, 2015
I had a great time working at the Best Western, I met a few famous people along the way! I typically worked a 6 hour day. My co-workers were friendly. The hardest part was cleaning up after hockey teams, they were very messy. The most enjoyable part of the job was making the room sparkle and knowing I did a good job.
nice place to work with very relaxing and fun atmosphere
GUEST SERVICES AGENT (Former Employee) –  edmontonOctober 1, 2015
small reception at front desk with about 2-3 staff working. Learnt how to deal with guest and register them with hotel PMS system. Learnt to deal with guest concerns. Enjoyed resolving guest issues which would be the most difficult part of the job, however this was most satisfying as well
Overall
Housekeeping Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Barrie,OnSeptember 29, 2015
Good place to get you going. not much room for advancement. pay wise. which is of course understood. not flexible to a family lifestyle. work all weekends.
Love the people
Bartender/Server (Former Employee) –  Vernon, BCSeptember 21, 2015
Really lovely place to work with lot of trees.Its a restaurant in a hotel,they wanna create a ''jungle''restaurant. Lot of big trees nice and hot (humid) and a real creek goes through it.