Best Western Employee Reviews

fun to work
Server (Current Employee) –  Orillia, ON2 March 2016
I like working at Best Western a typical day is long hours lots of heavy lifting. I leaned that time is key when busy and everything has to be set right.
Pros
free food and get to dance
Cons
not full time and no real schedule
hard work and good managment fun customers
house keeper (Former Employee) –  Medicine Hat, AB3 March 2016
good team work free breakfast every morning always had goals everyday nice customers good work tools
good opportunities
Pros
free swiming pool and gym
Cons
short hours
A great family team something I will never forget.
Maintenance Manager (Current Employee) –  Owen Sound, ON10 November 2015
Fast paced environment and making sure jobs get done in a timely fashion. I have learned all various types of jobs from painting to plumbing and managing big contract jobs. Great management team. Keeps you learning and growing with the company. Great group of people to work with I consider them my family. Hardest part of my job is keeping up with a hundred room hotel with only my self to look after it. Most enjoyable part of my job is learning new things every day and working along side great people.
Pros
Benefit package.
Cons
pay.
productive , Excellent work atmosphere.
Room attendant (Former Employee) –  Alberta11 March 2016
Had a nice work experience in housekeeping. helpful management. mixed cultured work location. supportive supervisors and management.
Productive workplace with great staff, friendly guests.
Front Desk Agent (Former Employee) –  Chemainus, BC2 November 2015
I am rating the Best Western PLUS Chemainus Inn extremely highly, as the GM and AGM as well as each and every other staff member were fantastic to get along with. I loved the guest interaction, how each guest was given their own personalized experience, whether it be just staying at the hotel, or a theatre package, or just using the pool and gym facilities.
Pros
Lots to do, actually able work for 8 hours and get paid for 8 hours.
Cons
No lunch break, always on the go, which isnt too bad really.
fabulous
House keeping - General housekeeping duties (Former Employee) –  Pembroke, ON22 February 2016
Best Western is a great place to work . I did the housekeeping and they made sure we had all supplies needed to keep the establishment clean and looking nice
Locally Owned
Guest Services Agent (Current Employee) –  Kelowna, BC8 February 2016
Unlike many hotels, this one is locally owned and not run by huge corporations, which means it is a much nicer, friendly family work environment.
Pros
Free Breakfast
Cons
Very busy during peak season
good day
Front Desk Service Agent - Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Thompson, MB13 October 2015
come into work. clock in and start gathering my cleaning supplies for the day. If i ever needed something that i hadnt yet got alot of the other coworkers would grab it for me and as i would the same for them. I then go to my floor, grab my cart and get to cleaning my first c/o room and so on and so forth.
Pros
i got hour lunches which was nice
Cons
it was would get pretty hot in there in the summer
friendly and fun atmosphere
Housekeeper (Current Employee) –  Barrie, ON9 January 2016
love it . great team of hard working ladies. Ive only been there for a couple months or so but absolutely love it. The days are short which doesn't help but the team makes up for it.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
short days
Team work and Family Environment
Room Attendant Day and Night (Current Employee) –  Niagara Falls, ON11 October 2015
Physically demanding and time management is a must. Co-workers are wonderful and feel very much like family. The down fall is that it is seasonal and has very little room for advancement. There is a wide range of clients and is a wonderful way to meet new people that visit the hotel from all around the world.
nice place to work with very relaxing and fun atmosphere
GUEST SERVICES AGENT (Former Employee) –  edmonton1 October 2015
small reception at front desk with about 2-3 staff working. Learnt how to deal with guest and register them with hotel PMS system. Learnt to deal with guest concerns. Enjoyed resolving guest issues which would be the most difficult part of the job, however this was most satisfying as well
okay
Small Maintenance (Former Employee) –  St. Catharines, ON19 January 2016
I did small maintenance for my first job at best western and it was an okay job I made an okay pay and my responsibilities werent that hard. it was good working early
Productive Fun
Extra Curricular/ Volunteer Activities (Current Employee) –  Halifax, NS9 November 2015
Very nice work environment fits schedule nice. Staff friendly and management caring. Learned different types of computer software, learned how to use PMS check in systems. Learned night audit and how to process payments.
Fast paced, no tips, bad clients.
Bartender/VLT clerk (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB25 November 2015
You never were doing the right thing, hated the fact I had earings, no one tipped. I liked the other bartenders.

I really dont feel like going on and on and on. this should be enough.
Pros
free breakfast
Cons
bad clients
A unique restaurant always willing to train & teach new things
Waiter (Current Employee) –  Tofino, BC12 August 2015
Being in a small setting of a restaurant that only required one server meant an extensive amount of responsibilities, everything from serving, bar-tending, hosting. The management was very honest & was always willing to have a flexible schedule. The hardest part of my job was having an unforgiving customer in the middle of a rush while continuously multitasking. The most enjoyable part was learning how to sushi roll.
work
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, ON8 October 2015
I had a great time working at the Best Western, I met a few famous people along the way! I typically worked a 6 hour day. My co-workers were friendly. The hardest part was cleaning up after hockey teams, they were very messy. The most enjoyable part of the job was making the room sparkle and knowing I did a good job.
Friendly and professional atmosphere.
Front Desk (Current Employee) –  Simcoe, ON10 November 2015
Friendly and professional work place. Management and co-workers are very friendly and willing to help where they can. The most enjoyable part of the job is learning new things and getting to interact with guests.
awesome
Night Auditor, front desk (Former Employee) –  Greater Sudbury, ON14 January 2016
learned a lot during my job period , enhance myself and polished my qualities there, the supervisor helped me vanishing my weaknesses
Being physically fit and attention to detail
Attendant (Former Employee) –  Saskatoon, SK12 July 2015
When I was at Best Western hotel I was a Room Attendant. We were in charge of redoing rooms that were stayed in by customers.
I loved working with the public and gained a lot of self pride being punctual and good at what I did. I got along with all my co-workers and had a lot of laughs and support when things were chaotic.
The hardest part of the job was bending and lifting for 8 hours straight.
Great team
Room Attendant (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB16 December 2015
Rewards, challenges widely depending where you work, job satisfaction Average , flexibility , upward mobility few. But great team and enjoy working and fun to work.