Best Western Employee Reviews in Canada

a typical day at work
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Orillia, ONNovember 25, 2015
When you get there, you have no idea what to expect. it could be you have a full work day ahead of you, or that youve been taken off of the schedule.
Pros
free breakfast
Cons
not organized
A great family team something I will never forget.
Maintenance Manager (Current Employee) –  Owen Sound, ONNovember 10, 2015
Fast paced environment and making sure jobs get done in a timely fashion. I have learned all various types of jobs from painting to plumbing and managing big contract jobs. Great management team. Keeps you learning and growing with the company. Great group of people to work with I consider them my family. Hardest part of my job is keeping up with a hundred room hotel with only my self to look after it. Most enjoyable part of my job is learning new things every day and working along side great people.
Pros
Benefit package.
Cons
pay.
Friendly and professional atmosphere.
Front Desk (Current Employee) –  Simcoe, ONNovember 10, 2015
Friendly and professional work place. Management and co-workers are very friendly and willing to help where they can. The most enjoyable part of the job is learning new things and getting to interact with guests.
Productive Fun
Extra Curricular/ Volunteer Activities (Current Employee) –  Halifax, NSNovember 9, 2015
Very nice work environment fits schedule nice. Staff friendly and management caring. Learned different types of computer software, learned how to use PMS check in systems. Learned night audit and how to process payments.
Good working team.
Lead Cook (Former Employee) –  Bathurst, NBNovember 5, 2015
Good learning experience, started as a kitchen helper and within two weeks was lead cook. I had the experience of opening a brand new restaurant and my opinion on the menu.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Reduced hours
Great atmosphere
Food & Beverage Server (Former Employee) –  High Level, ABNovember 3, 2015
Good experience, atmosphere is totally awesome enjoyed my time working here quiet a few challenges at times but i really met some great people along the way.
Pros
Close to home
Cons
Insufficient hours
Productive workplace with great staff, friendly guests.
Front Desk Agent (Former Employee) –  Chemainus, BCNovember 2, 2015
I am rating the Best Western PLUS Chemainus Inn extremely highly, as the GM and AGM as well as each and every other staff member were fantastic to get along with. I loved the guest interaction, how each guest was given their own personalized experience, whether it be just staying at the hotel, or a theatre package, or just using the pool and gym facilities.
Pros
Lots to do, actually able work for 8 hours and get paid for 8 hours.
Cons
No lunch break, always on the go, which isnt too bad really.
Fun, great place to work
Regional Food and Beverage Manager (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, ABNovember 1, 2015
Nice place to work, great general manager to work for . rewarding experience. Good growth opportunities and a good brand to wok for.
Fun and Challenging Environment
Banquet Manager (Former Employee) –  WetaskiwinOctober 22, 2015
It was only seasonal. October to February. But it was an excellent experience and i learned alot their! I never knew i could decorate banuets the way i did there! It was fantastic!
Pros
Great Staff
Cons
Inexperienced GM
good day
Front Desk Service Agent - Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Thompson, MBOctober 13, 2015
come into work. clock in and start gathering my cleaning supplies for the day. If i ever needed something that i hadnt yet got alot of the other coworkers would grab it for me and as i would the same for them. I then go to my floor, grab my cart and get to cleaning my first c/o room and so on and so forth.
Pros
i got hour lunches which was nice
Cons
it was would get pretty hot in there in the summer
Team work and Family Environment
Room Attendant Day and Night (Current Employee) –  Niagara Falls, ONOctober 11, 2015
Physically demanding and time management is a must. Co-workers are wonderful and feel very much like family. The down fall is that it is seasonal and has very little room for advancement. There is a wide range of clients and is a wonderful way to meet new people that visit the hotel from all around the world.
work
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, ONOctober 8, 2015
I had a great time working at the Best Western, I met a few famous people along the way! I typically worked a 6 hour day. My co-workers were friendly. The hardest part was cleaning up after hockey teams, they were very messy. The most enjoyable part of the job was making the room sparkle and knowing I did a good job.
nice place to work with very relaxing and fun atmosphere
GUEST SERVICES AGENT (Former Employee) –  edmontonOctober 1, 2015
small reception at front desk with about 2-3 staff working. Learnt how to deal with guest and register them with hotel PMS system. Learnt to deal with guest concerns. Enjoyed resolving guest issues which would be the most difficult part of the job, however this was most satisfying as well
Overall
Housekeeping Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Barrie,OnSeptember 29, 2015
Good place to get you going. not much room for advancement. pay wise. which is of course understood. not flexible to a family lifestyle. work all weekends.
Love the people
Bartender/Server (Former Employee) –  Vernon, BCSeptember 21, 2015
Really lovely place to work with lot of trees.Its a restaurant in a hotel,they wanna create a ''jungle''restaurant. Lot of big trees nice and hot (humid) and a real creek goes through it.
help customer
Housekeeping Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ONSeptember 19, 2015
the most enjoyable part of the job was help customer with their needs and make sure that the rooms and hotel in general was clean and conformable for the clients
Extremely well organized
Bilingual customer service (Former Employee) –  Quebec citySeptember 17, 2015
the working environment was very organized and well maintain, my co-workers were trained very well and everyone was aware of what they were doing and how to do it.
Best in the West: Can't have the great without a little bad
Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Dorval, QCSeptember 17, 2015
Clients from all over the world visit the hotel on a daily basis and interacting with such an array of people is fulfilling. My co-workers and I do have a large volume of responsibility be it answering phone calls (reservations, complaints, general information), check-ins, customer concerns, complaints, interacting with restaurant and spa staff as well as international third party reservation companies, adhering to management requests, and check-outs.
The aspect of the job I could definitely do without would be the frivolous and misdirected complaints. As a hotel, the communication between various industries, companies and people is inevitable, yet often people do not direct their complaints to the correct person. As a face of the company, and subsequently for other third party companies as well, often clients misdirect their anger which can be frustrating.
However, the best part of my job is getting to know people, talking with people and hearing their stories. Seeing a client smile is the best part of my day.
Pros
International friends and family discount
Cons
Frivolous complaints, not allowed to take a room at own hotel
great team spirit
Building Operator (Current Employee) –  Calgary AlbertaSeptember 7, 2015
great team spirit.
It is a culture that recognizes work / life balance.
Management recognizes the need for upgrading and maintenance and the hotel staff delivers when it comes to satisfying the customer.
productive
Housekeeping (Laundry) (Current Employee) –  edmontonSeptember 6, 2015
great company to work for, great colleagues to work with and a fun environment. On a work day I work in the laundry folding, washing, and delivering the laundry to the storage's14 and house keepers.