Best Western Employee Reviews

hotel
Guest Services Representative (Former Employee) –  Gananoque, ON2 March 2017
its a typical hotel environment. it has its ups and downs just like any other place. I wish indeed didn't force you to write reviews on every single thing.
Fast paced environment
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ON2 March 2017
Very face paced work place, I enjoyed the long hours on foot keeping myself active and busy throughout the day. The hourly pay was not up to par but the long hours made up for it.
Pros
Fun place to work and loving people all around to help.
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Fort Saskatchewan, AB17 February 2017
I love to keep my mind busy by cleaning and alot of amazing people worked there and it was easier because it was more of a family working as a team. To get everything accomplished.

The management wasn't the best at the one I worked out West. But I'm sure everyone has there problems
From the start until the end it was a good experience and no matter what everyone was there to help and do respectful.
Great part time job
Banquet Server and Bartender (Current Employee) –  North Bay, ON15 February 2017
The employees that I work with are fantastic. Everyone is extremely friendly, helpful and fun. The hours can be too long or not long enough and there are no guaranteed hours per week. I love getting free food when there are left overs and on busy nights the tips are pretty good.
Busy environment, highest level of customer service, computer skills, and reception
Night Manager/Auditor (Current Employee) –  Campbell River, BC15 February 2017
Answering phones, solving guest issues. Balancing front desk revenues, reporting to General Manager and Owners, and rolling over computer systems. Prepping and cooking breakfast for guests. Hardest part of the job is time management.
Pros
free breakfast, use of swimming pool, sauna, and gym.
Cons
cooking breakfast during peak seasons.
Housekeeping
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Brantford, ON12 February 2017
I have been cleaning now for 4 years and I just really enjoy it. I love working in a hotel because you get to meet people from all over and there is the opportunity to move up in the company. I had been at Best Western in Brantford, ON Canada for a year, than got a working holiday visa and moved to Sydney Australia where I also worked for Best Western!
good
trainee (Former Employee) –  Saskatoon, SK3 February 2017
this is the best working environment . I really like my job a lo and i enjoyed a lot. This is an unforgettable experience of my career
very good work ethic
Chef Manager (Former Employee) –  Jasper National Park, Alberta Canada3 February 2017
very good place to work, staff were incredibly helpful, long hours but the financial aspect of things made up for this, was an amazing experience to live in the mountains
Pros
free staff meals
great place to work
Hostess (Former Employee) –  Three Hills, AB31 January 2017
this is a great first job for someone who is in high school. The people working there are great and will help you learn they are great at answering questions.
Pros
great people and lots of laughter
Cons
on your feet a lot
it was very close to my house
Maintenance Worker (Current Employee) –  Richmond, BC24 January 2017
i was working as maintenance supervisor and i was responsible for buying every item we needed for maintenance department. I was a very good worker and successful and had good connection with the general manager.
Brand Image and Work Environment
Guest Service Supervisor and Night Auditor (Current Employee) –  Fergus, ON23 January 2017
Has enhanced my knowledge of Customer Service and Hotel Operations in Canada. Really helped me understand the needs and wants of Guests. Its a honor to work with a Brand as Best Western.
Even though it was a Co-op it was so much fun
Preparation Cook (Co-op placement) (Former Employee) –  London, ON23 January 2017
By far one of the most amazing places I have ever worked at even if it was for a very short time. Management was amazing as well as the staff, people you could get along with and have a wonderful time doing so. The hardest part of the job was that it was pretty physically demanding but that's what's expected of Kitchen Prep people. All in all it was one of the best experiences in my life.
Most enjoyable part of the job
Daily housekeeping assignments (Former Employee) –  Strathmore, AB21 January 2017
I loved the people that I worked with. A few of the staff come to the hotel not knowing any english. I was to train the new housekeepers while learning how to speak Spanish. I now have a love for learning spanish.
Pros
Great People
Loved my job their
Housekeeping Room Attendant (Former Employee) –  Brantford, ON10 January 2017
I cleaned rooms for guest checking in or even long stay guests.the pace of the job was sometime challanging but it was worth the tips.its a beautiful hotel then.
Benefits
Cons
Supervisors
very clean environment
House keeper (Former Employee) –  Hinton, AB10 January 2017
• Cleaned rooms in a timely matter
• Organized laundry
• Maintained health and safety standards

help customer with there needs
fun place to work
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Bonnyville, AB8 January 2017
work 9 to 5 . learned about cleaning and working all one and in group situations. the manger is a great leader. the hardest part of the is the intensive cleaning, the most enjoyable part of the jobs are all the co workers.
Pros
friendly enviroment
Cons
extermely hard work
Hardworking job
Room Attendant (Former Employee) –  Okotoks, AB2 January 2017
Most days started with a meeting with all the room attendants, then we would gather our supplies and get to work cleaning the rooms. We would start with our individual rooms to clean and as we finished, we would clean as a team until all the rooms on the lists were clean. It was steady and tiring work, but I found it manageable.
I learned a lot about cleaning as well as customer service, making sure to do as the individual wanted.
Management was focused and instructive, giving helpful feedback as necessary.
For the most part, my co-workers were good with teamwork, there were exceptions to some who would prefer not to share their weight and understand how to compromise. However, overall my co-workers were quite agreeable.
The hardest part of the job for me was the deep-cleans, which were extensive cleaning of every room to meet with company standards. This task was difficult for me because of the great length of time needed to complete. Many would work in a single room and it would still take hours longer than any other regular clean. However, when we did finish a room, there was a great sense of accomplishment.
The most enjoyable part of my job was the satisfying feeling that came with having successfully cleaned a room.
Pros
Individual work
Cons
Sometimes too short of shifts, sometimes too long
Everybody was easy to get along with
Caretaker of rooms (Former Employee) –  Sooke, BC29 December 2016
Manager was scatter brained and forgot important training. Short staffed, and underpaid. Needed better organization skills between management, housekeeping and front desk
liked my job was just in a bad economy
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Airdrie, AB22 December 2016
job as a housekeeper was rewarding, but was just in a bad economy so I was laid off soon after I hod gotten the job. due to the fact management believed that people would come more, but that never happened and it went from part time to maybe a shift every two weeks. was not the companies fault just bad timing.
Pros
good team work within the section I worked in
Cons
the work was physically challenging
The most enjoyable part of the job
Housekeeping (Current Employee) –  Victoria, BC4 December 2016
I have great good team player with Best Western staff.

My key competencies are attention to detail; customer focus; reliability; listening skills; adaptability; planning and organizing; team work; integrity; honesty and high energy levels.

That is why I want to continue working for Best Western employer closer to my family in Milton, Ontario.
Pros
Be sure our customers are happy with our services.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Best Western. Our community is ready to answer.