Best Western Employee Reviews

Great place fun work environment.
Maintenance Worker (Current Employee) –  Halifax, NS28 August 2016
Best Western is a great place to work.
They were very supportive of my schedule for school. The people who work here are from various parts of the world as well as local people. While some guests can be difficult to please the staff always seem to be able to tow the party line in a professional manor.
Pros
Supportive work envirnment
Cons
Wages low
Fast past
HOUSEKEEPING SUPERVISOR (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ON4 April 2016
Each day we had a set amount of responsibilities to be done, it was up to each of us as individuals and as a team to complete everything effectively and efficiently.

I was able to approve on my multitasking skills with the support of all of my co workers including management.

I was able to thrive working independently and as a team member.
Pros
discounts on rooms
Cons
not enough hours
repetitive worksation
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Grande Cache, AB13 September 2016
throughout the time that i worked at this company it had it's best points and it had its low points Best points was it was good money for a student bad points was that everyday is the same. It is a very repetitive job
Pros
lunch
Cons
repetitive
very nice
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON15 August 2016
it was a very nice place to work, everyone was very nice. they even had birthday parties for the girls with cake and snacks. they would also take away rooms if we were really behind, it was a really good place to work.
Pros
nice staff
Cons
hard to get to on sundays.
Good Experience
Director of Operations (Current Employee) –  Terrace, BC19 August 2016
Hotel owners are nice people and cooperative.I had to quit due to my personal commitments. They have excellent team to work with. Overall was a good experience.
Just a job
Cleaner (Current Employee) –  St. Catharines, ON27 January 2015
During my 7 years at this hotel, the only raise we received is when a union was brought in even then the owners and management still did as they pleased. They have been stripping everything from the employees and if the union gets pushed out the employees will never receive another dime no matter how hard they work.

They always tell us when they clearly see that an employee is having a hard time that if they don't like their jobs to leave.

Few years ago my girlfriend and i were having a miscarriage and when i when to call in to tell them i was not going to be there that night, my manager gave me a hard time saying " if no one else goes in. You'll have to." them my girlfriend got on the phone and told her what was going on and her words to my girlfriend (who was losing her baby at the time in the hospital) that " that's not my problem" in a rude tone.
Great work environment, amazing staff and enjoyable
Banquet Server (Current Employee) –  Brantford, ON27 November 2015
Start by setting tables, and prepping for dinner service
Serve dinner, either buffet, or plated. Help clear sections, coffee and tea service.
End of shift cleaning, and polishing of silverware.
Management is excellent, and easy to get along with, as for co workers. Always willing to support and help out where needed.
Hardest part of the job is when someone doesn't show up for a shift, or something is missing from the event that we can not get, or unhappy costumers.
Most enjoyable part of the job, getting everything done and assuring guests had a good time.
Pros
Food is wonderful, being able to work in more than one department.
Cons
being called off early when an event is overstaffed.
The truth
Front Desk Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Saskatoon, SK24 March 2016
Management team is fun to work with. However because of a skeleton staff and lack of business, staff breaks are non existent. Work is fun but it is not equal to pay.
Pros
Fun work place
Cons
not being paid equal to skills
fun to work
Server (Current Employee) –  Orillia, ON2 March 2016
I like working at Best Western a typical day is long hours lots of heavy lifting. I leaned that time is key when busy and everything has to be set right.
Pros
free food and get to dance
Cons
not full time and no real schedule
it was a great starter job
HOUSEKEEPER (Former Employee) –  Brantford, ON16 March 2016
the girls were great to work with. my s supervisor sheryl gamble is one of the best supervisors i ever worked with. it was great but due to physical demand i wanted to change careers.
Team work and Family Environment
Room Attendant Day and Night (Current Employee) –  Niagara Falls, ON11 October 2015
Physically demanding and time management is a must. Co-workers are wonderful and feel very much like family. The down fall is that it is seasonal and has very little room for advancement. There is a wide range of clients and is a wonderful way to meet new people that visit the hotel from all around the world.
Physical work for little to no benefits.
Room Attendant (Former Employee) –  Sooke, BC19 May 2015
Management wanted the fastest possible work done but at the highest standards possible, which was difficult to accomplish for some. There is no room for promotion among the room attendants and small chance of wage increase. Not enough work for each employee. It is a very physically demanding job.

Very tiring work, and after not being appreciated properly over the years, it became very hard to stay motivated.

Most fellow staff were pleasant and kind. Very few guests left tips, so that was never a reliant money-earner. Guests are sometimes very cheerful, others are the opposite; obviously you must always able to deal with everyone respectfully and be friendly.
Pros
Nice staff.
Cons
No advancement.
A great family team something I will never forget.
Maintenance Manager (Current Employee) –  Owen Sound, ON10 November 2015
Fast paced environment and making sure jobs get done in a timely fashion. I have learned all various types of jobs from painting to plumbing and managing big contract jobs. Great management team. Keeps you learning and growing with the company. Great group of people to work with I consider them my family. Hardest part of my job is keeping up with a hundred room hotel with only my self to look after it. Most enjoyable part of my job is learning new things every day and working along side great people.
Pros
Benefit package.
Cons
pay.
Good work environment
Housekeeping/Laundry/Housman (Former Employee) –  Sherwood Park, AB14 February 2016
Always looked forward to going to work. Learned better time management skills. Management was awesome there.The hard part was when a co-worker was absent work load became heavier.
Pros
Free lunches
NIGHT AUDITOR (Current Employee) –  Med3 January 2016
Working here has been great, i can talk to people. It is a safe environment and everyone gets along. No one ever has any issues bringing any kind of concern to management. The hardest part of the job are keeping guests happy in hard times and being able to find shifts during low season.
Pros
Great People
Cons
Too little Hours
Good friendly staff
Front Desk Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Saskatoon, SK21 May 2016
The front desk was friendly, the room was clean. The hotel is in a handy location being downtown but not on a super busy street. I had no issues with checking in or out. Fitness room was not busy and had decent choices for equipment.
fun atmosphere
Front desk attendant (Former Employee) –  Edson, AB7 May 2016
I really enjoyed working there the people were very friendly and my boss was really nice. everyone was very welcoming and it was overall a really nice place to work.
Well established place with the potential to become something great.
Second Cook (Current Employee) –  Chilliwack, BC23 March 2015
Per day I cook and plate up to 200 tasty entrées in a shift. My job is to prepare my station for that by ensuring proper levels of product and quality. I try and learn better more creative and efficient ways of accomplishing these things everyday. For the majority I have a great bunch of co-workers who bring a great diversity of abilities to the job. The most difficult part of the job is when all the customers want to order at once and we have far too much food to produce in an unrealistically short time. The best part of the job is creating fabulous dining experiences that people take photos of and compliment on.
Pros
Union benefits, seniority job protection, The ability to work with a good variety of fresh local procuct.
Cons
Poorly trained management and staff.
Productive team that works well together! Fun atmosphere.
Banquet Server (Current Employee) –  Burnside, NS11 January 2016
Work with great people, setting up for events such as weddings, parties, etc. We cater to the customers by carrying trays of food and clearing their plates. At the end of the event we clean the whole room and set up for the next event. The management is great there!
Pros
Great staff
Productive and fun place, well managed, gem and more.
Bus Person (Former Employee) –  London, ON25 July 2015
Flexible scheduling, fun atmosphere, competitive salary and compensation packages, supportive management and good possibilities to advance, free meal.