Best Western Employee Reviews

Challenging work environment
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Okotoks, AB31 August 2017
This property was very challenging and felt like the Owner had no faith in their employees. When you hire positions, you as an Owner should allow them to do their job. If you feel like you want to run your own hotel, there is no need to hire anyone else. Operations should be managed by someone with experience in that field and have more faith in those you hired.
Decent job
Second Cook (Former Employee) –  Leamington, ON30 August 2017
this company was unorganized. kinda a mess. management was there for them self. mind you the company was growing at a fast pace and was starting to organize a bit towards the end of my term with them.
Pros
good staff
Cons
cut to many corners
Great staff & Resturant!
Server (Current Employee) –  Halifax, NS29 August 2017
There is nothing I have to say about working at Chocolate lake hotel.

The Restaurant manager was great at working around schedules, and supportive in anything that is needed.

The staff worked as a team, and was very friendly!

The restaurant was always kept in great condition.

The food always looked liked art, beautifully presented!
Good Place To Start
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON24 August 2017
Very nice staff and comfortable environment. The job is simple and not very high demanding position. Need to be a good cleaner with attention to details.
Was a great team to work with
Front Desk Agent (Former Employee) –  Leduc, AB23 August 2017
I think it's great when you have a job you love. This was one I had. It was a great team at the front desk to work with. Everyone at the front desk helped everyone in all departments. Management were willing to work with you if something came up and (I.E. people with small kids) and you needed a day off.
I don't like to review my past employer
Food and Beverage Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON16 August 2017
The Best Western Primrose is no longer operating..It was a pleasant expirience for I also got to work with first year University of Toronto Students for the hotel rented out 6 floors of the hotel to use as residences.
The environment is fun and inviting
Housekeeping and Breakfast Attendant (Former Employee) –  Rimbey, AB15 August 2017
I was a part of several different teams while I was employed resulting in skills and experiences such as team work, cooperation, and encouragement. The environment was healthy and the co-workers were all willing to help one another. I really enjoyed being a part of the Best Western community for three years.
could have been better
Laundry Attendant (Former Employee) –  Revelstoke, BC6 August 2017
I worked in multiple departments and it was good overall but it seemed that the owners and the upper most management did not care much about the state of things.
great environment but very poor management!
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Prince Albert, SK28 July 2017
During my time working there all co-workers where always close, but management was VERY BAD! As they always had tried messing with people's hours and pay checks.
Pros
great customers
Cons
terrible management
It's like working with a family
Front Desk Agent (Current Employee) –  Fox Creek, AB27 July 2017
I always have felt at home there. Everyone is like family and we work hard as a team. The guests can be difficult but that comes with every job in the retail industry. But it is a good job
Pros
Great coworkers
Cons
Do so much but don't get paid what you deserve

Want to know more about Best Western?

Ask a question
I Learned A lot
Waitress (Current Employee) –  Owen Sound, ON26 July 2017
Working in the restaurant here has been extremely beneficial to me, I have learned a lot. I started bussing and from this, I eventually learned how to serve. A typical day at work is pretty straightforward and basically the same every day other than a small problem here and there that you have to just get around and solve. The management is really great because there is always someone you can go to if you have a problem. The hardest part of the job is probably the hours, you either have a very heavy work load or a very light work load, it is very hard to find a way to just have a healthy medium. The most enjoyable part of the job is probably the people that work there. You become like a little family and you challenge each other to do better and improve.
Pros
50% food discount
Cons
Long hours or Short hours
Not a good place.
Housekeeper/Assisant Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Moose Jaw, SK24 July 2017
Disliked working here very much. Not enough hours, there is little to none flexible schedule and it just wasn't for me anymore. The people are very nice though.
Pros
Nice friendly co workers.
Cons
Not enough hours.
Poor management
Front Desk Agent (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB22 July 2017
Then Best Western Village Park Inn is restrictive, they use the camera's in the building not for guest safety, but to spy on employees and give warning letters which they use to fire you when convenient for them
Pros
Co workers are the best
Cons
Advancement doesn't exist
Hard but rewarding job
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Orillia, ON11 July 2017
A typical day of work as a cleaner was spent cleaning rooms after guests checked out and preparing for incoming customers, or just freshening up rooms for guests who planned longer stays. It was hard work but rewarding knowing it was important work in helping Best Westerns clients enjoyed their stay.
Great Hotel, Great Staff
Room Attendant/Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Cornwall, ON10 July 2017
I loved working at Best Western. The supervisor was amazing. The staff was great. The work was sometimes grueling, but not overly so. The hours were good.
Pros
Daytime hours
Cons
Aching knees
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Fox Creek, AB10 July 2017
I enjoyed my time here. The supervisors were wonderful and the co-workers were great. The wage was good and the work environment was very positive. There is a lot of room for advancement and I would recommend this business to anyone.
Best Western
Housekeeping Staff (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, ON8 July 2017
The job is physically challenging, no doubt there. Stayed for many years; staff felt like family. Always room for improvement. Little to no room for advancement, which is unfortunate.
Pros
day shifts
Cons
wages did not meet job expectations
Night desk in Hotel
Night Desk Clerk - Night Audit (Former Employee) –  Nelson, BC6 July 2017
I did graveyard shift from 11 pm to 7 am Wednesday through Sunday. Usual hotel night desk duties with limited amount of cleaning. Lobby only. Night security.
Pros
It was work
Cons
Graveyard shifts
The best years of my life working for this company.
Room Attendant Ability (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB4 July 2017
An enjoyable working atmosphere,A structured day working as a room attendant in a very positive environment,with the best housekeeping supervisor anyone could hope for.i thoroughly enjoyed this position at the hotel.
bad no recognition of good work
Assistante gouvernante (Former Employee) –  Laval, QC1 July 2017
need to be friend with the boss otherwise you will not last- a few people control all regardless the quality of your work. bad work environment. I would not recommend it to my worst enemy.
Pros
nice place
Cons
a few people control all regardless the quality of your work

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Best Western. Our community is ready to answer.