Best Western Employee Reviews

Waitress and Bartender
BARTENDER AND WAITRESS (Former Employee) –  Renfrew, ON4 June 2017
Very friendly atmosphere. Tasks ranged from serving customers drinks to designing new marketing strategies. Worked in the presence of many families which made for very pleasant interactions
Very busy workplace
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Midland, ON30 May 2017
Always found it fun to work at the best western was a little to overwhelming for me but I think it's a great decision for others who can handle a few tasks at once.
Pros
Good breaks
Cons
Drags sometimes
Very Good Manangement
Front Desk Clerk (Current Employee) –  Airdrie, AB28 May 2017
The management is easy to deal with and they are very considerate. As a front desk clerk, this work requires a good communication to the guest and you should know what their needs. Be accommodating and make them feel welcomed on your property.
Customer Service
Manager, Rocky's Grill (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB26 May 2017
Guests are not always easy to please. Management did not do a very good job at supporting their employees and some of us were often " hung out to dry" in order to keep the guest happy whether justified or not.
Guest Service Agent/Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Sundre, AB22 May 2017
The staff and management are easy to get along with. The training is done hands on, as well as through computer simulation. Every staff member from each individual department would communicate effectively and efficiently.
Pros
Staff
Cons
Late nights
The Hotel is always busy but the staff are all happy
Supervisor building maintenance (Current Employee) –  135 Carlingview drive, Toronto, ON18 May 2017
We do preventive maintenance the room and facilities from Monday to Friday specially when the hotel is busy, I learn how to deal with others people, like costumer service, and how the property runs the operate. Regards to management, we have also medical benefits, free lunch, uniform and they look for welfare of there staffs.The staff are all happy and friendly, helpful and we are surrounded good management, The hardest part of our job when the hotel change his name, do the renovation, like change of beds, headboard, sopa bed, and etc. The most enjoyable part of job when the works is done successfully, we have also our monthly gathering like birthday and employee of the month. Christmas season, we have party, gifts and bonuses also
Pros
The hotel is not unionize and they do direct hiring
Cons
Sometime we do overtime if needed
Review
SERVER (Former Employee) –  Valemount, BC16 May 2017
This environment of work is always welcoming to come to everyday.
Always joined by a very nice and professional group of managers and fellow employees to all work together to get the daily duties finished.
Pros
resonable breaks
Not Bad
Maintenance Worker (Former Employee) –  Fox Creek, AB10 May 2017
Enjoyed this job muchly. Life to work life was good i didn't worry about being called in or worried about unknown shift changes. Management was lovely here.
Housekeeping
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Oshawa, ON28 April 2017
This is an ok company to work for, the people there were ok to work with and I did learn a lot. While I was there I learned about housekeeping and what that involves so that was kind of fun.
Pros
good pay
Cons
bed making and timelimits
Home
Bartender/Server (Former Employee) –  Best western Cedar Park Inn24 April 2017
This place was my first place since I moved in Edmonton, felt like home on my first day, I had a great team, It was the best 7 years of my life, I'll go back anytime ;)
Unorganized Management, Unrealistic expectations that set you up for failure
CHAMBERMAID (Former Employee) –  Hawkesbury, ON24 April 2017
A terrible place to work if you intent to build a career. They will ask you to work 12hrs no break, no food. Personally, i didn't got not a single holiday to be with my family.
i worked in kitchen
Cook (Former Employee) –  Smiths Falls, ON24 April 2017
i made the meals.I was or if you are working you were the only one working in kitchen so had to cook,plus dishes etc.Hours were good there a fully shift.Owners were very nice.
Pros
yes you got to eat a free meal
Cons
sometimes needed more help in kitchn
Poor management and hours always either too long or too short
Room Attendant/Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Okotoks, AB19 April 2017
I found there was very poor management while working at the Best Western in Okotoks, AB. There were multiple times where we were given trouble because we had listened to our supervisor over an issue, but our supervisor had not been told how to deal with the issue but the blame always goes downhill. The manager would get angry very easily and on multiple occasions would yell at his employees, almost every situation that arose was dealt with very, VERY poorly. There was constant gossip going on between the staff causing a toxic environment. The management expected you to get far too much done in the sad amount of time they allowed. The hours were sad, some weeks we would each get two shifts, not even full 8 hour shifts, some weeks we would have to work up to 7 days in a row all very long days. There was never a balance with this job, I found that myself as well as other staff suffered in their home lives due to the stress of the job. I would never recommend working here to anyone that I care about.
Pros
Cons
Poor management, poor treatment of the staff, horrible hours
Lack of Improvement on management
Front Desk Agent (Current Employee) –  Grande Prairie, AB13 April 2017
Managers should improve their way of handling their staff.Not just only at staff but especially to themselves for not being bias to others...........................................
Benefits
Hard work
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Moose Jaw, SK7 April 2017
I learned how to effectively clean a kitchen, bathroom and bedroom which has carried on into my home. The hardest part of the job was getting the rooms done in a timely manner and the most enjoyable part of the job was working with my coworkers.
Pros
Free Lunches
Cons
Hard labour
Ideal day at the Best Western
Buffet Attendant (Former Employee) –  Cornwall, ON5 April 2017
The Best Western was something different I've never done before. Working there you see new faces everyday for breakfast and get to hear stories of the customers travel.
I really enjoyed working at Best Western
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Golden, BC5 April 2017
The main reason I enjoyed my job so much was because of the manager and the team I worked with. The job itself wasn't always the best but was made enjoyable because the manager was very pleasant and well organized to make sure everything got done in the most efficient way possible.
Pros
Good manager
positive fun rewarding place of employment
Manager On Duty (Current Employee) –  London, ON23 March 2017
good place to work. Fast paced very busy. Hotel is kept in good condition and the atrium/pool area is beautiful. Guests are quite happy on a regular basis.
Pros
good people
Cons
afternoon shifts
If you go with the right one, you'll be fine.
Front desk Agent / Assistant Front Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB8 March 2017
I unfortunately got caught up in one of the Best Westerns who's owner did not overly seem to care about his staff or his customers. Although I would not recommend the specific hotel I worked for, Best Western as a brand seemed to be okay, and if you end up at one better than the one I was employed with, you should have a great experience. I unfortunately was promoted only to supervisor when I was doing the job of the front desk manager, an accountant, as well as still preforming regular front desk shifts. Although I did payroll and did the schedule for my employees, I was not given the power to hire and let go of people in order to make my front desk as strong as possible. Basically, just be wary of things going on, and I'd suggest sticking to the simple front desk position, I wish I had.
Very much enjoyed meeting differnet customers, as well as repeat customers,
Front Desk Agent (Former Employee) –  Langley, BC7 March 2017
My day would start at 7am, take care of check outs, check log for any problems to except, handle any complaints, book reservations as well as groups, accountants receivable, assign rooms for check in for afternoon evening, communicate with housekeeping
Pros
Love working with people
Cons
Being overbooked

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Best Western. Our community is ready to answer.

CEO Approval