Best Western Employee Reviews in Canada

fun to work
Server (Current Employee) –  Orillia, ONMarch 2, 2016
I like working at Best Western a typical day is long hours lots of heavy lifting. I leaned that time is key when busy and everything has to be set right.
Pros
free food and get to dance
Cons
not full time and no real schedule
I liked working here but I wanted to replocate from that city
Server (Former Employee) –  Prince Albert, SKMarch 1, 2016
It was a slow restaurant to work at. But when it was some what busy, time went by fast. All my co workers were easy to work with with no problems at all. When we weren't busy we would have to do cleaning.
Pros
Leaving with tips at the end of the day.
Cons
When someone called in and would have to work alone.
fun and busy
Banquet Server (Current Employee) –  Orillia, ONFebruary 24, 2016
It's busy for the most part which makes my day go fast I enjoy what I do I like to keep moving and sometimes it's a lot of fun. When we have weddings or other types of parties I enjoy music and dancing while I work. I learned that presentation is key. Some management could be better, I like my co-workers I get a long with most, the hardest part of the job is not having the right supplies when needed.
Pros
free food and extra hours
Cons
long hours when not schedule
fabulous
House keeping - General housekeeping duties (Former Employee) –  Pembroke, ONFebruary 22, 2016
Best Western is a great place to work . I did the housekeeping and they made sure we had all supplies needed to keep the establishment clean and looking nice
Good work environment
Housekeeping/Laundry/Housman (Former Employee) –  Sherwood Park, ABFebruary 14, 2016
Always looked forward to going to work. Learned better time management skills. Management was awesome there.The hard part was when a co-worker was absent work load became heavier.
Pros
Free lunches
Locally Owned
Guest Services Agent (Current Employee) –  Kelowna, BCFebruary 8, 2016
Unlike many hotels, this one is locally owned and not run by huge corporations, which means it is a much nicer, friendly family work environment.
Pros
Free Breakfast
Cons
Very busy during peak season
I really miss the Best Western Plus.
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Fredericton, NBFebruary 2, 2016
It was awesome job for me over there.Co-worker were good and friendly.I learn lots of thing from there .Hard part of job is overtime,because we had to complete the room which they give us.We had a lots of fun with all our team and we use to share everything we had with us.
okay
Small Maintenance (Former Employee) –  St. Catharines, ONJanuary 19, 2016
I did small maintenance for my first job at best western and it was an okay job I made an okay pay and my responsibilities werent that hard. it was good working early
awesome
Night Auditor, front desk (Former Employee) –  Greater Sudbury, ONJanuary 14, 2016
learned a lot during my job period , enhance myself and polished my qualities there, the supervisor helped me vanishing my weaknesses
Productive team that works well together! Fun atmosphere.
Banquet Server (Current Employee) –  Burnside, NSJanuary 11, 2016
Work with great people, setting up for events such as weddings, parties, etc. We cater to the customers by carrying trays of food and clearing their plates. At the end of the event we clean the whole room and set up for the next event. The management is great there!
Pros
Great staff
friendly and fun atmosphere
Housekeeper (Current Employee) –  Barrie, ONJanuary 9, 2016
love it . great team of hard working ladies. Ive only been there for a couple months or so but absolutely love it. The days are short which doesn't help but the team makes up for it.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
short days
NIGHT AUDITOR (Current Employee) –  MedJanuary 3, 2016
Working here has been great, i can talk to people. It is a safe environment and everyone gets along. No one ever has any issues bringing any kind of concern to management. The hardest part of the job are keeping guests happy in hard times and being able to find shifts during low season.
Pros
Great People
Cons
Too little Hours
Great team
Room Attendant (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABDecember 16, 2015
Rewards, challenges widely depending where you work, job satisfaction Average , flexibility , upward mobility few. But great team and enjoy working and fun to work.
Great atmosphere
Front Desk Supervisor/ Night Auditor (Former Employee) –  Woodstock, ONDecember 7, 2015
I loved working there the staff was great and we all had fun. Process guest arrivals and departures, including all necessary payments. Handle & coordinate room assignments and pre-arrivals. Handle guests' concerns.
Offer referral for services and handle requests for information. Handle and store luggage. Assist with the check-in and check-out of groups and tours. Assist other departments as required.
Pros
flexibility
Cons
extra laundry was left to me
balancing books, helping guests
Night clerk (Former Employee) –  Sylvan Lake, ABDecember 2, 2015
best western was a nice place to work, with lots to keep you busy throughout the shift. and the staff was a treat to work with.
Great work environment, amazing staff and enjoyable
Banquet Server (Current Employee) –  Brantford, ONNovember 27, 2015
Start by setting tables, and prepping for dinner service
Serve dinner, either buffet, or plated. Help clear sections, coffee and tea service.
End of shift cleaning, and polishing of silverware.
Management is excellent, and easy to get along with, as for co workers. Always willing to support and help out where needed.
Hardest part of the job is when someone doesn't show up for a shift, or something is missing from the event that we can not get, or unhappy costumers.
Most enjoyable part of the job, getting everything done and assuring guests had a good time.
Pros
Food is wonderful, being able to work in more than one department.
Cons
being called off early when an event is overstaffed.
Fast paced, no tips, bad clients.
Bartender/VLT clerk (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MBNovember 25, 2015
You never were doing the right thing, hated the fact I had earings, no one tipped. I liked the other bartenders.

I really dont feel like going on and on and on. this should be enough.
Pros
free breakfast
Cons
bad clients
a typical day at work
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Orillia, ONNovember 25, 2015
When you get there, you have no idea what to expect. it could be you have a full work day ahead of you, or that youve been taken off of the schedule.
Pros
free breakfast
Cons
not organized
A great family team something I will never forget.
Maintenance Manager (Current Employee) –  Owen Sound, ONNovember 10, 2015
Fast paced environment and making sure jobs get done in a timely fashion. I have learned all various types of jobs from painting to plumbing and managing big contract jobs. Great management team. Keeps you learning and growing with the company. Great group of people to work with I consider them my family. Hardest part of my job is keeping up with a hundred room hotel with only my self to look after it. Most enjoyable part of my job is learning new things every day and working along side great people.
Pros
Benefit package.
Cons
pay.
Friendly and professional atmosphere.
Front Desk (Current Employee) –  Simcoe, ONNovember 10, 2015
Friendly and professional work place. Management and co-workers are very friendly and willing to help where they can. The most enjoyable part of the job is learning new things and getting to interact with guests.