Best Western Employee Reviews

it was very close to my house
Maintenance Worker (Current Employee) –  Richmond, BC24 January 2017
i was working as maintenance supervisor and i was responsible for buying every item we needed for maintenance department. I was a very good worker and successful and had good connection with the general manager.
Brand Image and Work Environment
Guest Service Supervisor and Night Auditor (Current Employee) –  Fergus, ON23 January 2017
Has enhanced my knowledge of Customer Service and Hotel Operations in Canada. Really helped me understand the needs and wants of Guests. Its a honor to work with a Brand as Best Western.
Even though it was a Co-op it was so much fun
Preparation Cook (Co-op placement) (Former Employee) –  London, ON23 January 2017
By far one of the most amazing places I have ever worked at even if it was for a very short time. Management was amazing as well as the staff, people you could get along with and have a wonderful time doing so. The hardest part of the job was that it was pretty physically demanding but that's what's expected of Kitchen Prep people. All in all it was one of the best experiences in my life.
Most enjoyable part of the job
Daily housekeeping assignments (Former Employee) –  Strathmore, AB21 January 2017
I loved the people that I worked with. A few of the staff come to the hotel not knowing any english. I was to train the new housekeepers while learning how to speak Spanish. I now have a love for learning spanish.
Pros
Great People
Loved my job their
Housekeeping Room Attendant (Former Employee) –  Brantford, ON10 January 2017
I cleaned rooms for guest checking in or even long stay guests.the pace of the job was sometime challanging but it was worth the tips.its a beautiful hotel then.
Benefits
Cons
Supervisors
very clean environment
House keeper (Former Employee) –  Hinton, AB10 January 2017
• Cleaned rooms in a timely matter
• Organized laundry
• Maintained health and safety standards

help customer with there needs
fun place to work
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Bonnyville, AB8 January 2017
work 9 to 5 . learned about cleaning and working all one and in group situations. the manger is a great leader. the hardest part of the is the intensive cleaning, the most enjoyable part of the jobs are all the co workers.
Pros
friendly enviroment
Cons
extermely hard work
Hardworking job
Room Attendant (Former Employee) –  Okotoks, AB2 January 2017
Most days started with a meeting with all the room attendants, then we would gather our supplies and get to work cleaning the rooms. We would start with our individual rooms to clean and as we finished, we would clean as a team until all the rooms on the lists were clean. It was steady and tiring work, but I found it manageable.
I learned a lot about cleaning as well as customer service, making sure to do as the individual wanted.
Management was focused and instructive, giving helpful feedback as necessary.
For the most part, my co-workers were good with teamwork, there were exceptions to some who would prefer not to share their weight and understand how to compromise. However, overall my co-workers were quite agreeable.
The hardest part of the job for me was the deep-cleans, which were extensive cleaning of every room to meet with company standards. This task was difficult for me because of the great length of time needed to complete. Many would work in a single room and it would still take hours longer than any other regular clean. However, when we did finish a room, there was a great sense of accomplishment.
The most enjoyable part of my job was the satisfying feeling that came with having successfully cleaned a room.
Pros
Individual work
Cons
Sometimes too short of shifts, sometimes too long
Everybody was easy to get along with
Caretaker of rooms (Former Employee) –  Sooke, BC29 December 2016
Manager was scatter brained and forgot important training. Short staffed, and underpaid. Needed better organization skills between management, housekeeping and front desk
liked my job was just in a bad economy
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Airdrie, AB22 December 2016
job as a housekeeper was rewarding, but was just in a bad economy so I was laid off soon after I hod gotten the job. due to the fact management believed that people would come more, but that never happened and it went from part time to maybe a shift every two weeks. was not the companies fault just bad timing.
Pros
good team work within the section I worked in
Cons
the work was physically challenging
The most enjoyable part of the job
Housekeeping (Current Employee) –  Victoria, BC4 December 2016
I have great good team player with Best Western staff.

My key competencies are attention to detail; customer focus; reliability; listening skills; adaptability; planning and organizing; team work; integrity; honesty and high energy levels.

That is why I want to continue working for Best Western employer closer to my family in Milton, Ontario.
Pros
Be sure our customers are happy with our services.
Front Desk Agent (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB2 December 2016
The staff is what makes this the best place to work for. I love best western innsiders rewards which is a great perk for working for them, they have awesome promotions so it makes it easier to sign people up. Love serving customers.
Benefits
Cons
Working in the evenings and weekends always, gets tiring after awhile, clashes with relationship
Awesome place to work at i loved it
housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Edson, AB28 November 2016
Overall its not a bad place to work just sad how they let some people go.
I don't like how there is a uniform
I feel like there should be a little bit more leniency
Pros
Cons
Terrible people to work with
It was a good experience to see how much people have to go threw in a work place.
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Mission, BC6 November 2016
The work was very fast paced. And with cleaning the faster you have to go the more you miss, so I did not enjoy that. The people I worked with where usually respectful of one another. The way they acted towards one another often got hostile or there was often gossip and silly rumors. I didn't feel comfortable working in such a unprofessional place.

And Iv discovered I'd much rather be happy and pore than unhappy and have a paycheck, because that's no way to live.
Pros
I got good hours
Cons
I found myself to be the only one cleaning everything properly. Maybe alittle slow, but proper.
Job Security.
Banquet Server (Current Employee) –  North Bay, ON27 October 2016
Provides you with fun people to work with who are smart, kind, and considerate co-workers. There is job security here, so that you can feel comfortable enough to know that you won't suddenly one day lose your job for no reason, and there are many opportunities for job advancement/to switch departments. The managers are personable people that are sociable, and very helpful/down to Earth people.
Fun place to work excellent kitchen Forman
Prep Cook/Dishwasher (Former Employee) –  Wetaskiwin, AB23 October 2016
A typical day was making salads and desserts for banquets. I learned how to prepare food for the customers. Management was good. My co-workers were great we worked as a team with little to no confusion or arguments in the work place. Being there first thing in the morning after a long night of work was the hardest part of the job. Working with the kitchen Forman learning all the little tricks of the trade was the best thing about my job
Pros
working long side the kitchen Forman
repetitive worksation
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Grande Cache, AB13 September 2016
throughout the time that i worked at this company it had it's best points and it had its low points Best points was it was good money for a student bad points was that everyday is the same. It is a very repetitive job
Pros
lunch
Cons
repetitive
Giant kitchen, great working space
Cook (Former Employee) –  St. Catharines, ON3 September 2016
Good food, Good people incredible kitchen

Worked banquets, private functions, regular restaurant orders and room service.

lots of prep work, basic cooking deep fryers and bar food.

Major downside is working with the night time manager. He plays offensive music, colourful language toward the front house staff, and drops a lot of food on the floor. Better off working with a trained chimp or a fast food court.

Located by the Fairview mall with Local transit, Regional Transit, GO Transit buses and cabs near by.

Typical hotel hours based on time of year and productivity.
Pros
Great location
Cons
Night time manager
Productive workplace
Helped hotel staff (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON29 August 2016
I enjoyed being able to socialize with the guests and caring for their needs. The only downside for me was that front desk employees didn't have chairs so you were pretty much required to stand most of your shift.
Pros
A social environnment
Cons
long hours of standing
Good Place
Extended healthcare
Flexible working hours
Good standing company
Nice co-workers

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Best Western. Our community is ready to answer.