Best Western Employee Reviews

Fast past
HOUSEKEEPING SUPERVISOR (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ONApril 4, 2016
Each day we had a set amount of responsibilities to be done, it was up to each of us as individuals and as a team to complete everything effectively and efficiently.

I was able to approve on my multitasking skills with the support of all of my co workers including management.

I was able to thrive working independently and as a team member.
Pros
discounts on rooms
Cons
not enough hours
Overall great experience
Supervisor/ Room Attendant/ Laundry (Former Employee) –  Kingston, ONApril 2, 2016
Best Western was a great place to work. Positive experience with staff members and management. There is always room for career advancement within all areas of the establishment.
The truth
Front Desk Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Saskatoon, SKMarch 24, 2016
Management team is fun to work with. However because of a skeleton staff and lack of business, staff breaks are non existent. Work is fun but it is not equal to pay.
Pros
Fun work place
Cons
not being paid equal to skills
Promising and fun learning experience
Kitchen helper (Current Employee) –  Fort McMurray, ABMarch 23, 2016
Best western Plus is a great place to work at because there is so much opportunity for advancement in this place as they have amazing skills from years of experience that they pass on down to you/me. The management and staff are all wonderful people and have been great to me! The most enjoyable part of the job is the pride in putting out the best food in Fort Mcmurray and learning so much about cooking!
treated badly
Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABMarch 21, 2016
got treated badly,
supervisor always starting at me
over worked with not enough pay
never told us our days off until the night before
got dish soap put in my water bottle, told manager and she laughed
Pros
it was downtown
Cons
being talked down to, being accused with out proof
it was a great starter job
HOUSEKEEPER (Former Employee) –  Brantford, ONMarch 16, 2016
the girls were great to work with. my s supervisor sheryl gamble is one of the best supervisors i ever worked with. it was great but due to physical demand i wanted to change careers.
productive , Excellent work atmosphere.
Room attendant (Former Employee) –  AlbertaMarch 11, 2016
Had a nice work experience in housekeeping. helpful management. mixed cultured work location. supportive supervisors and management.
hard work and good managment fun customers
house keeper (Former Employee) –  Medicine Hat, ABMarch 3, 2016
good team work free breakfast every morning always had goals everyday nice customers good work tools
good opportunities
Pros
free swiming pool and gym
Cons
short hours
fun to work
Server (Current Employee) –  Orillia, ONMarch 2, 2016
I like working at Best Western a typical day is long hours lots of heavy lifting. I leaned that time is key when busy and everything has to be set right.
Pros
free food and get to dance
Cons
not full time and no real schedule
I liked working here but I wanted to replocate from that city
Server (Former Employee) –  Prince Albert, SKMarch 1, 2016
It was a slow restaurant to work at. But when it was some what busy, time went by fast. All my co workers were easy to work with with no problems at all. When we weren't busy we would have to do cleaning.
Pros
Leaving with tips at the end of the day.
Cons
When someone called in and would have to work alone.
fun and busy
Banquet Server (Current Employee) –  Orillia, ONFebruary 24, 2016
It's busy for the most part which makes my day go fast I enjoy what I do I like to keep moving and sometimes it's a lot of fun. When we have weddings or other types of parties I enjoy music and dancing while I work. I learned that presentation is key. Some management could be better, I like my co-workers I get a long with most, the hardest part of the job is not having the right supplies when needed.
Pros
free food and extra hours
Cons
long hours when not schedule
fabulous
House keeping - General housekeeping duties (Former Employee) –  Pembroke, ONFebruary 22, 2016
Best Western is a great place to work . I did the housekeeping and they made sure we had all supplies needed to keep the establishment clean and looking nice
Good work environment
Housekeeping/Laundry/Housman (Former Employee) –  Sherwood Park, ABFebruary 14, 2016
Always looked forward to going to work. Learned better time management skills. Management was awesome there.The hard part was when a co-worker was absent work load became heavier.
Pros
Free lunches
Locally Owned
Guest Services Agent (Current Employee) –  Kelowna, BCFebruary 8, 2016
Unlike many hotels, this one is locally owned and not run by huge corporations, which means it is a much nicer, friendly family work environment.
Pros
Free Breakfast
Cons
Very busy during peak season
I really miss the Best Western Plus.
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Fredericton, NBFebruary 2, 2016
It was awesome job for me over there.Co-worker were good and friendly.I learn lots of thing from there .Hard part of job is overtime,because we had to complete the room which they give us.We had a lots of fun with all our team and we use to share everything we had with us.
okay
Small Maintenance (Former Employee) –  St. Catharines, ONJanuary 19, 2016
I did small maintenance for my first job at best western and it was an okay job I made an okay pay and my responsibilities werent that hard. it was good working early
awesome
Night Auditor, front desk (Former Employee) –  Greater Sudbury, ONJanuary 14, 2016
learned a lot during my job period , enhance myself and polished my qualities there, the supervisor helped me vanishing my weaknesses
Productive team that works well together! Fun atmosphere.
Banquet Server (Current Employee) –  Burnside, NSJanuary 11, 2016
Work with great people, setting up for events such as weddings, parties, etc. We cater to the customers by carrying trays of food and clearing their plates. At the end of the event we clean the whole room and set up for the next event. The management is great there!
Pros
Great staff
friendly and fun atmosphere
Housekeeper (Current Employee) –  Barrie, ONJanuary 9, 2016
love it . great team of hard working ladies. Ive only been there for a couple months or so but absolutely love it. The days are short which doesn't help but the team makes up for it.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
short days
NIGHT AUDITOR (Current Employee) –  MedJanuary 3, 2016
Working here has been great, i can talk to people. It is a safe environment and everyone gets along. No one ever has any issues bringing any kind of concern to management. The hardest part of the job are keeping guests happy in hard times and being able to find shifts during low season.
Pros
Great People
Cons
Too little Hours