Best Western Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Productive team that works well together! Fun atmosphere.
Banquet Server (Current Employee), Burnside, NSJanuary 11, 2016
Pros: Great staff
Work with great people, setting up for events such as weddings, parties, etc. We cater to the customers by carrying trays of food and clearing their plates. At the end of the event we clean the whole room and set up for the next event. The management is great there!
A great family team something I will never forget.
Maintenance Manager (Current Employee), Owen Sound, ONNovember 10, 2015
Pros: Benefit package.
Cons: pay.
Fast paced environment and making sure jobs get done in a timely fashion. I have learned all various types of jobs from painting to plumbing and managing big contract jobs. Great management team. Keeps you learning and growing with the company. Great group of people to work with I consider them my family. Hardest part of my job is keeping up with a hundred room hotel with only my self to look after it. Most enjoyable part of my job is learning new things every day and working along side great people.
Good working team.
Lead Cook (Former Employee), Bathurst, NBNovember 5, 2015
Pros: Free lunches
Cons: Reduced hours
Good learning experience, started as a kitchen helper and within two weeks was lead cook. I had the experience of opening a brand new restaurant and my opinion on the menu.
work
Housekeeper (Former Employee), Cambridge, ONOctober 8, 2015
I had a great time working at the Best Western, I met a few famous people along the way! I typically worked a 6 hour day. My co-workers were friendly. The hardest part was cleaning up after hockey teams, they were very messy. The most enjoyable part of the job was making the room sparkle and knowing I did a good job.
Best in the West: Can't have the great without a little bad
Receptionist (Current Employee), Dorval, QCSeptember 17, 2015
Pros: International friends and family discount
Cons: Frivolous complaints, not allowed to take a room at own hotel
Clients from all over the world visit the hotel on a daily basis and interacting with such an array of people is fulfilling. My co-workers and I do have a large volume of responsibility be it answering phone calls (reservations, complaints, general information), check-ins, customer concerns, complaints, interacting with restaurant and spa staff as well as international third party reservation companies, adhering to management requests, and check-outs.
The aspect of the job I could definitely do without would be the frivolous and misdirected complaints. As a hotel, the communication between various industries, companies and people is inevitable, yet often people do not direct their complaints to the correct person. As a face of the company, and subsequently for other third party companies as well, often clients misdirect their anger which can be frustrating.
However, the best part of my job is getting to know people, talking with people and hearing their stories. Seeing a client smile is the best part of my day.
great fast paced restaurant
Line Cook, Breakfast, Lunch Dinner, Food (Former Employee), sarnia onAugust 7, 2015
Pros: great job
Cons: really wasnt any
did all prep cooked on the line, took orders, inventory , prep made the soups, hire fire posted for job interviews , sat down with suppliers, made sure everything ran smoothly, told and gave direction to other employees, trained,
Best Western ''Plus"
Housekeeper (Former Employee), Moncton, NBJuly 14, 2015
Pros: free lunches
This company was not the best to work for. At first they would make you feel like the best employee in the world, but after a while you did way to much for them and nobody appreciated anything.
busy and productive place
Executive (Former Employee), Sherwood Park, ABJune 16, 2015
higher end hotels
different types of people and culture
plate presentation for 50 dollars
hardest part was when it was busy
learned how cut different kind of meat
Worst job ever
Housekeeping (Former Employee), London OntarioJune 13, 2015
Pros: Tips
Cons: Healthcare, pay, management
By far the worst job I've ever had. The rooms can vary depending on the guest, so your time management goes along with that as does your quality of production with the stress of time on your hands, management & supervising staff rude, not light w/ attitude, argumentative and disgusting people. Not very good pay for the horrible hours you do get to work never over 30 hrs a week sometimes less than 15 if any. Hotel upkeep in general, decent. Guests seem to return some check out early unspectful of how they're treated at front desk or by staff. Halls loud, pool/atrium loud. Complaining guests, unhappy guests alot.. Hard to deal with while trying to be respectful. Overall I rate the job 1 star because I can at least eat & maybe pay my phone bill. I don't suggest the job to anyone, by far.
Good atmosphere always something new
Porter (Current Employee), North Bay, ONJune 7, 2015
Pros: Always something to do
Cons: Not enough hours
• Overnight hours, and work unsupervised
• Heavy lifting
• Set up and organize weddings and functions
• Maintain buffet table for up to 200 guests
Customer Management
Front Desk Agent (Former Employee), Osoyoos, BCMay 10, 2015
I really loved this job, not only was the management great but the clients were always amazing to work with. Management would always make sure they were flexible with the staff and made sure we always had what we needed.
Excellent
Front Desk Receptionist - Hospitality Industry (Current Employee), Simcoe, ONFebruary 25, 2015
Excellent place to work if you are a people person and enjoy helping people. Meet some amazing long term guests who become good friends
My first job in Cornwall
Housekeeper (Former Employee), Cornwall, ONJanuary 13, 2015
Pros: i was able to make some friends as a new comer to cornwall
Cons: it really wasn't what i wanted to be doing.
This was my first job when moving to Cornwall so I took what I could because I am unable to confidently converse in the French language.
While working here I was able to meet a variety of different people.
My day at work
Day/Night Cleaner (Former Employee), Kenora, ONDecember 10, 2014
The typical day at work would include cleaning the hotel from top to bottom, I would also help with the laundry. I really enjoyed working with my co-workers they were as hard working as myself.
a lot of fun!!
FRONT DESK CLERK (Former Employee), Edson, ABDecember 8, 2014
I loved working for best western, I always felt appreciated, and they were able to provide great training for the job.
Alright Job
Housekeeper (Former Employee), Abbotsford, BCDecember 6, 2014
Pros: above minimum wage pay, amazing staff besides management
Cons: judgemental manager
It was a good expiernece, and I started giving more props to the people who do that for a life time, I went in thinking house keeping was easy.. but I found it is very hard working and takes a certain person.
It was a whole new experience working in hospitality industry
Night Auditor\Front Desk Agent (Former Employee), regina, SKSeptember 28, 2014
like to work everywhere i worked. It was a whole new experience in working two separate industry. Hospitality and fast food. Both of the industry gave me one important thing which will stay with me i.e. customer service. Handling customer complaints, solving problem, managing team and main part is running the show. But i liked a lot working there.
great place to work
Duties - Housekeeping, Maintenance (Former Employee), Mission, BCSeptember 22, 2014
the best western mission city lodge is a great place to work the people are great the general manager is a great guy will always help you when you need
Banquet serving for weddings and conferences
Banquet Server (Former Employee), Orillia, ONSeptember 13, 2014
I would dress formally in a tuxedo and serve wedding guests or conferences dinner, drinks and snacks.
A good place to work and learn
House Agent (Current Employee), calgaryJuly 23, 2014
Pros: good people to work within the hotel
Cons: timings are much complex.
Make up your mind to learn and understand the hotel work procedure through scheduled work and strict supervision.
Headquarters