Best Western Employee Reviews in Canada

fun and busy
Banquet Server (Current Employee) –  Orillia, ONFebruary 24, 2016
It's busy for the most part which makes my day go fast I enjoy what I do I like to keep moving and sometimes it's a lot of fun. When we have weddings or other types of parties I enjoy music and dancing while I work. I learned that presentation is key. Some management could be better, I like my co-workers I get a long with most, the hardest part of the job is not having the right supplies when needed.
Pros
free food and extra hours
Cons
long hours when not schedule
Promising and fun learning experience
Kitchen helper (Current Employee) –  Fort McMurray, ABMarch 23, 2016
Best western Plus is a great place to work at because there is so much opportunity for advancement in this place as they have amazing skills from years of experience that they pass on down to you/me. The management and staff are all wonderful people and have been great to me! The most enjoyable part of the job is the pride in putting out the best food in Fort Mcmurray and learning so much about cooking!
Overall great experience
Supervisor/ Room Attendant/ Laundry (Former Employee) –  Kingston, ONApril 2, 2016
Best Western was a great place to work. Positive experience with staff members and management. There is always room for career advancement within all areas of the establishment.
fun to work
Server (Current Employee) –  Orillia, ONMarch 2, 2016
I like working at Best Western a typical day is long hours lots of heavy lifting. I leaned that time is key when busy and everything has to be set right.
Pros
free food and get to dance
Cons
not full time and no real schedule
Fast past
HOUSEKEEPING SUPERVISOR (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ONApril 4, 2016
Each day we had a set amount of responsibilities to be done, it was up to each of us as individuals and as a team to complete everything effectively and efficiently.

I was able to approve on my multitasking skills with the support of all of my co workers including management.

I was able to thrive working independently and as a team member.
Pros
discounts on rooms
Cons
not enough hours
Well established place with the potential to become something great.
Second Cook (Current Employee) –  Chilliwack, BCMarch 23, 2015
Per day I cook and plate up to 200 tasty entrées in a shift. My job is to prepare my station for that by ensuring proper levels of product and quality. I try and learn better more creative and efficient ways of accomplishing these things everyday. For the majority I have a great bunch of co-workers who bring a great diversity of abilities to the job. The most difficult part of the job is when all the customers want to order at once and we have far too much food to produce in an unrealistically short time. The best part of the job is creating fabulous dining experiences that people take photos of and compliment on.
Pros
union benefits, seniority job protection, the ability to work with a good variety of fresh local procuct.
Cons
poorly trained management and staff.
Great work environment, amazing staff and enjoyable
Banquet Server (Current Employee) –  Brantford, ONNovember 27, 2015
Start by setting tables, and prepping for dinner service
Serve dinner, either buffet, or plated. Help clear sections, coffee and tea service.
End of shift cleaning, and polishing of silverware.
Management is excellent, and easy to get along with, as for co workers. Always willing to support and help out where needed.
Hardest part of the job is when someone doesn't show up for a shift, or something is missing from the event that we can not get, or unhappy costumers.
Most enjoyable part of the job, getting everything done and assuring guests had a good time.
Pros
Food is wonderful, being able to work in more than one department.
Cons
being called off early when an event is overstaffed.
Productive and fun place, well managed, gem and more.
Bus Person (Former Employee) –  London, ONJuly 25, 2015
Flexible scheduling, fun atmosphere, competitive salary and compensation packages, supportive management and good possibilities to advance, free meal.
Just a job
Cleaner (Current Employee) –  St. Catharines, ONJanuary 27, 2015
During my 7 years at this hotel, the only raise we received is when a union was brought in even then the owners and management still did as they pleased. They have been stripping everything from the employees and if the union gets pushed out the employees will never receive another dime no matter how hard they work.

They always tell us when they clearly see that an employee is having a hard time that if they don't like their jobs to leave.

Few years ago my girlfriend and i were having a miscarriage and when i when to call in to tell them i was not going to be there that night, my manager gave me a hard time saying " if no one else goes in. You'll have to." them my girlfriend got on the phone and told her what was going on and her words to my girlfriend (who was losing her baby at the time in the hospital) that " that's not my problem" in a rude tone.
productive , Excellent work atmosphere.
Room attendant (Former Employee) –  AlbertaMarch 11, 2016
Had a nice work experience in housekeeping. helpful management. mixed cultured work location. supportive supervisors and management.
The truth
Front Desk Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Saskatoon, SKMarch 24, 2016
Management team is fun to work with. However because of a skeleton staff and lack of business, staff breaks are non existent. Work is fun but it is not equal to pay.
Pros
Fun work place
Cons
not being paid equal to skills
it was a great starter job
HOUSEKEEPER (Former Employee) –  Brantford, ONMarch 16, 2016
the girls were great to work with. my s supervisor sheryl gamble is one of the best supervisors i ever worked with. it was great but due to physical demand i wanted to change careers.
A great family team something I will never forget.
Maintenance Manager (Current Employee) –  Owen Sound, ONNovember 10, 2015
Fast paced environment and making sure jobs get done in a timely fashion. I have learned all various types of jobs from painting to plumbing and managing big contract jobs. Great management team. Keeps you learning and growing with the company. Great group of people to work with I consider them my family. Hardest part of my job is keeping up with a hundred room hotel with only my self to look after it. Most enjoyable part of my job is learning new things every day and working along side great people.
Pros
Benefit package.
Cons
pay.
productive in my work
Room Attendant (Current Employee) –  Sundre, ABMay 6, 2015
I work 5 days in a week. I've learned different kinds of rules in a hotel. The management is fair with regards to rules and regulations. My co- workers are good. I can manage all my job work, i don't think so there is hard for me. I enjoy doing my work.
Pros
with benefits
Good work environment
Housekeeping/Laundry/Housman (Former Employee) –  Sherwood Park, ABFebruary 14, 2016
Always looked forward to going to work. Learned better time management skills. Management was awesome there.The hard part was when a co-worker was absent work load became heavier.
Pros
Free lunches
NIGHT AUDITOR (Current Employee) –  MedJanuary 3, 2016
Working here has been great, i can talk to people. It is a safe environment and everyone gets along. No one ever has any issues bringing any kind of concern to management. The hardest part of the job are keeping guests happy in hard times and being able to find shifts during low season.
Pros
Great People
Cons
Too little Hours
Productive team that works well together! Fun atmosphere.
Banquet Server (Current Employee) –  Burnside, NSJanuary 11, 2016
Work with great people, setting up for events such as weddings, parties, etc. We cater to the customers by carrying trays of food and clearing their plates. At the end of the event we clean the whole room and set up for the next event. The management is great there!
Pros
Great staff
hard work and good managment fun customers
house keeper (Former Employee) –  Medicine Hat, ABMarch 3, 2016
good team work free breakfast every morning always had goals everyday nice customers good work tools
good opportunities
Pros
free swiming pool and gym
Cons
short hours
I liked working here but I wanted to replocate from that city
Server (Former Employee) –  Prince Albert, SKMarch 1, 2016
It was a slow restaurant to work at. But when it was some what busy, time went by fast. All my co workers were easy to work with with no problems at all. When we weren't busy we would have to do cleaning.
Pros
Leaving with tips at the end of the day.
Cons
When someone called in and would have to work alone.
great place to work, frendly, productive
House Keeping (Former Employee) –  Fernie, BCMay 23, 2016
great place to work, if you like hard word. great management , awesome benefits, and discounts. staff was great to customer's and we had great reviews
Pros
great pay, benifits
Cons
sometimes only two three hours for the day