Best Western Employee Reviews

Fun place to work excellent kitchen Forman
Prep Cook/Dishwasher (Former Employee) –  Wetaskiwin, AB23 October 2016
A typical day was making salads and desserts for banquets. I learned how to prepare food for the customers. Management was good. My co-workers were great we worked as a team with little to no confusion or arguments in the work place. Being there first thing in the morning after a long night of work was the hardest part of the job. Working with the kitchen Forman learning all the little tricks of the trade was the best thing about my job
Pros
working long side the kitchen Forman
Best Western Atomsphere
housekeeping and pool maintenance (Current Employee) –  Okotoks, AB10 July 2016
Since I've worked at Best Western, I can truly say it is the best work environment I have encountered, and gladly been a part of. I've learnt may new skills and found a passion for Hospitality that I never knew existed within myself. I'm happy to say that I have stumbled upon a career I certainly enjoy. We are a smaller hotel, so we are independently owned and operated. I am a jack of all trades within the hotel so I am able to pitch in where I am needed and thats how I get my hours. Everything is based off of occupancy, which I was not aware at first. Management is good and we have a well oiled team, every housekeeper finishes within the time frame they are given. Even if they happen to fall behind, we work as a team and get the rooms done together. I enjoy working hear, and look forward to where it brings me in the future.
Pros
Great environment, support from management and co-workers.
Cons
Hours are based off occupancy, communication through the employees could be improved.
Fast pace and busy workplace.
Porter (Current Employee) –  St. Catharines, ON27 July 2016
Typical day: preparing meeting rooms, serving food, talking to guests, and cleaning.
Management: Alright
Co-Workers: Always prepared and on task.
Hardest part of the job: moving very large tables.
Most enjoyable part of the job: Free drinks and diner.
Pros
Free diner, free drinks, easy
Good Place
Good standing company
Nice co-workers
Job Security.
Banquet Server (Current Employee) –  North Bay, ON27 October 2016
Provides you with fun people to work with who are smart, kind, and considerate co-workers. There is job security here, so that you can feel comfortable enough to know that you won't suddenly one day lose your job for no reason, and there are many opportunities for job advancement/to switch departments. The managers are personable people that are sociable, and very helpful/down to Earth people.
working with the housekeepers was very enjoyable
Quality Control Inspector (Current Employee) –  Kincardine, ON5 July 2016
I was hired to check rooms and for no other purpose. I was not to help the housekeepers in any way and there was absolutely no chance for advancement. You never learned everything about your position at one time, just a little here and a little there. My co-workers in housekeeping were young ladies who were in their first position of work or working to go on to school. They were excellent to work with. The hardest part of my job was not getting the time and the most enjoyable part of my job was working with some of the other employees
Pros
it was employment
Cons
unappreciated employment for people receiving minimum wage
great place to work, frendly, productive
House Keeping (Former Employee) –  Fernie, BC23 May 2016
great place to work, if you like hard word. great management , awesome benefits, and discounts. staff was great to customer's and we had great reviews
Pros
great pay, benifits
Cons
sometimes only two three hours for the day
great food, high standards, lots to learn
Breakfast Cook (Current Employee) –  Courtenay, BC9 July 2016
On the weekends there is a large buffet that many in town come to. I enjoyed making omelettes to order for some of the regular customers. During the week I made the daily sandwich and salad specials which gave me a chance to be creative outside the menu.There was some outside catering which I found more challenging as it was often a wedding, or special event that had to be perfect. I treat my work as how I would want things done if I was the client.
Pros
cooking daily specials
Cons
not much room for advancement
Promising and fun learning experience
Kitchen helper (Current Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB23 March 2016
Best western Plus is a great place to work at because there is so much opportunity for advancement in this place as they have amazing skills from years of experience that they pass on down to you/me. The management and staff are all wonderful people and have been great to me! The most enjoyable part of the job is the pride in putting out the best food in Fort Mcmurray and learning so much about cooking!
Enjoyable
Housekeeping & Laundry (Former Employee) –  Medicine Hat, AB24 August 2016
This place of business is a great work environment where everyone is treated equal and there is always someone there to help when you need it or if you don't understand how to get the job done in a timely manner. The management there was very friendly and helpful so this place is a great place to work.
It was a good experience to see how much people have to go threw in a work place.
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Mission, BC6 November 2016
The work was very fast paced. And with cleaning the faster you have to go the more you miss, so I did not enjoy that. The people I worked with where usually respectful of one another. The way they acted towards one another often got hostile or there was often gossip and silly rumors. I didn't feel comfortable working in such a unprofessional place.

And Iv discovered I'd much rather be happy and pore than unhappy and have a paycheck, because that's no way to live.
Pros
I got good hours
Cons
I found myself to be the only one cleaning everything properly. Maybe alittle slow, but proper.
housekeeping
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Kelowna, BC22 July 2016
my normal would be cleaning 16 rooms
I have learned patients with other more so than ever
how make a bed fast.. and clean i room fast
The hardest part was you could never really plan anything cause you never know when your off work.. the part I like about the job. was cause you day went by fast..
Pros
free breakfast, good wage
Cons
long hours.. and only keep you for a month than your done
Awesome place to work at i loved it
housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Edson, AB28 November 2016
Overall its not a bad place to work just sad how they let some people go.
I don't like how there is a uniform
I feel like there should be a little bit more leniency
Pros
Cons
Terrible people to work with
Productive workplace
Helped hotel staff (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON29 August 2016
I enjoyed being able to socialize with the guests and caring for their needs. The only downside for me was that front desk employees didn't have chairs so you were pretty much required to stand most of your shift.
Pros
A social environnment
Cons
long hours of standing
fun and busy
Banquet Server (Current Employee) –  Orillia, ON24 February 2016
It's busy for the most part which makes my day go fast I enjoy what I do I like to keep moving and sometimes it's a lot of fun. When we have weddings or other types of parties I enjoy music and dancing while I work. I learned that presentation is key. Some management could be better, I like my co-workers I get a long with most, the hardest part of the job is not having the right supplies when needed.
Pros
free food and extra hours
Cons
long hours when not schedule
Giant kitchen, great working space
Cook (Former Employee) –  St. Catharines, ON3 September 2016
Good food, Good people incredible kitchen

Worked banquets, private functions, regular restaurant orders and room service.

lots of prep work, basic cooking deep fryers and bar food.

Major downside is working with the night time manager. He plays offensive music, colourful language toward the front house staff, and drops a lot of food on the floor. Better off working with a trained chimp or a fast food court.

Located by the Fairview mall with Local transit, Regional Transit, GO Transit buses and cabs near by.

Typical hotel hours based on time of year and productivity.
Pros
Great location
Cons
Night time manager
Overall great experience
Supervisor/ Room Attendant/ Laundry (Former Employee) –  Kingston, ON2 April 2016
Best Western was a great place to work. Positive experience with staff members and management. There is always room for career advancement within all areas of the establishment.
Overall good place to work.
Banquet Supervisor & Guest Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Orillia, ON14 July 2016
I started at Best Western in 2014, I worked there for just under two years. I would say that it is a good place to work, I truly enjoyed working with my coworkers. My initial immediate managers were awesome people, they cared about their employees. The owners at that time ended up selling the hotel to a corporation, and the months following I seen a decline in morale, everyone started to hate their job and the place as a whole. The new GM came in, and she doesn't seem like a warm friendly person, it's always been my opinion that especially in the hospitality industry you should be warm and acknowledging to both internal and external guests, and it helps the lower people feel appreciated in their roll, resulting in upbeat attitudes towards guests. So in closing, although there may have been some issues with this location, that is not a reflection of BW as a whole, which was a decent company to work for.
The most enjoyable part of the job
Housekeeping (Current Employee) –  Victoria, BC4 December 2016
I have great good team player with Best Western staff.

My key competencies are attention to detail; customer focus; reliability; listening skills; adaptability; planning and organizing; team work; integrity; honesty and high energy levels.

That is why I want to continue working for Best Western employer closer to my family in Milton, Ontario.
Pros
Be sure our customers are happy with our services.
productive , Excellent work atmosphere.
Room attendant (Former Employee) –  Alberta11 March 2016
Had a nice work experience in housekeeping. helpful management. mixed cultured work location. supportive supervisors and management.