Best Western Employee Reviews

Giant kitchen, great working space
Cook (Former Employee) –  St. Catharines, ONSeptember 3, 2016
Good food, Good people incredible kitchen

Worked banquets, private functions, regular restaurant orders and room service.

lots of prep work, basic cooking deep fryers and bar food.

Major downside is working with the night time manager. He plays offensive music, colourful language toward the front house staff, and drops a lot of food on the floor. Better off working with a trained chimp or a fast food court.

Located by the Fairview mall with Local transit, Regional Transit, GO Transit buses and cabs near by.

Typical hotel hours based on time of year and productivity.
Pros
Great location
Cons
Night time manager
Productive workplace
Helped hotel staff (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ONAugust 29, 2016
I enjoyed being able to socialize with the guests and caring for their needs. The only downside for me was that front desk employees didn't have chairs so you were pretty much required to stand most of your shift.
Pros
A social environnment
Cons
long hours of standing
Good Place
Extended healthcare
Flexible working hours
Good standing company
Nice co-workers
Great place fun work environment.
Maintenance Worker (Current Employee) –  Halifax, NSAugust 28, 2016
Best Western is a great place to work.
They were very supportive of my schedule for school. The people who work here are from various parts of the world as well as local people. While some guests can be difficult to please the staff always seem to be able to tow the party line in a professional manor.
Pros
Supportive work envirnment
Cons
Wages low
Enjoyable
Housekeeping & Laundry (Former Employee) –  Medicine Hat, ABAugust 24, 2016
This place of business is a great work environment where everyone is treated equal and there is always someone there to help when you need it or if you don't understand how to get the job done in a timely manner. The management there was very friendly and helpful so this place is a great place to work.
Good Experience
Director of Operations (Current Employee) –  Terrace, BCAugust 19, 2016
Hotel owners are nice people and cooperative.I had to quit due to my personal commitments. They have excellent team to work with. Overall was a good experience.
very nice
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ONAugust 15, 2016
it was a very nice place to work, everyone was very nice. they even had birthday parties for the girls with cake and snacks. they would also take away rooms if we were really behind, it was a really good place to work.
Pros
nice staff
Cons
hard to get to on sundays.
Fast pace and busy workplace.
Porter (Current Employee) –  St. Catharines, ONJuly 27, 2016
Typical day: preparing meeting rooms, serving food, talking to guests, and cleaning.
Management: Alright
Co-Workers: Always prepared and on task.
Hardest part of the job: moving very large tables.
Most enjoyable part of the job: Free drinks and diner.
Pros
Free diner, free drinks, easy
housekeeping
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Kelowna, BCJuly 22, 2016
my normal would be cleaning 16 rooms
I have learned patients with other more so than ever
how make a bed fast.. and clean i room fast
The hardest part was you could never really plan anything cause you never know when your off work.. the part I like about the job. was cause you day went by fast..
Pros
free breakfast, good wage
Cons
long hours.. and only keep you for a month than your done
Overall good place to work.
Banquet Supervisor & Guest Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Orillia, ONJuly 14, 2016
I started at Best Western in 2014, I worked there for just under two years. I would say that it is a good place to work, I truly enjoyed working with my coworkers. My initial immediate managers were awesome people, they cared about their employees. The owners at that time ended up selling the hotel to a corporation, and the months following I seen a decline in morale, everyone started to hate their job and the place as a whole. The new GM came in, and she doesn't seem like a warm friendly person, it's always been my opinion that especially in the hospitality industry you should be warm and acknowledging to both internal and external guests, and it helps the lower people feel appreciated in their roll, resulting in upbeat attitudes towards guests. So in closing, although there may have been some issues with this location, that is not a reflection of BW as a whole, which was a decent company to work for.
Best Western Atomsphere
housekeeping and pool maintenance (Current Employee) –  Okotoks, ABJuly 10, 2016
Since I've worked at Best Western, I can truly say it is the best work environment I have encountered, and gladly been a part of. I've learnt may new skills and found a passion for Hospitality that I never knew existed within myself. I'm happy to say that I have stumbled upon a career I certainly enjoy. We are a smaller hotel, so we are independently owned and operated. I am a jack of all trades within the hotel so I am able to pitch in where I am needed and thats how I get my hours. Everything is based off of occupancy, which I was not aware at first. Management is good and we have a well oiled team, every housekeeper finishes within the time frame they are given. Even if they happen to fall behind, we work as a team and get the rooms done together. I enjoy working hear, and look forward to where it brings me in the future.
Pros
Great environment, support from management and co-workers.
Cons
Hours are based off occupancy, communication through the employees could be improved.
great food, high standards, lots to learn
Breakfast Cook (Current Employee) –  Courtenay, BCJuly 9, 2016
On the weekends there is a large buffet that many in town come to. I enjoyed making omelettes to order for some of the regular customers. During the week I made the daily sandwich and salad specials which gave me a chance to be creative outside the menu.There was some outside catering which I found more challenging as it was often a wedding, or special event that had to be perfect. I treat my work as how I would want things done if I was the client.
Pros
cooking daily specials
Cons
not much room for advancement
Poor workplace
Night Auditor (Current Employee) –  Kitchener, ONJuly 9, 2016
Consistently unkempt and dirty, job is rarely ever done right. Management is corrupt and awful to employees and refuse to hire enough staff.
working with the housekeepers was very enjoyable
Quality Control Inspector (Current Employee) –  Kincardine, ONJuly 5, 2016
I was hired to check rooms and for no other purpose. I was not to help the housekeepers in any way and there was absolutely no chance for advancement. You never learned everything about your position at one time, just a little here and a little there. My co-workers in housekeeping were young ladies who were in their first position of work or working to go on to school. They were excellent to work with. The hardest part of my job was not getting the time and the most enjoyable part of my job was working with some of the other employees
Pros
it was employment
Cons
unappreciated employment for people receiving minimum wage
great place to work, frendly, productive
House Keeping (Former Employee) –  Fernie, BCMay 23, 2016
great place to work, if you like hard word. great management , awesome benefits, and discounts. staff was great to customer's and we had great reviews
Pros
great pay, benifits
Cons
sometimes only two three hours for the day
Good friendly staff
Front Desk Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Saskatoon, SKMay 21, 2016
The front desk was friendly, the room was clean. The hotel is in a handy location being downtown but not on a super busy street. I had no issues with checking in or out. Fitness room was not busy and had decent choices for equipment.
Nice place to work
Line Cook (Former Employee) –  Valemount, BCMay 20, 2016
I worked here under contract for a couple months and really enjoyed my time . Would recommend to anyone who is looking for a nice place to work
Decent
Front Desk Agent (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, ONMay 13, 2016
A typical day at wings up was cleaning fryers, preparing food and taking orders and payment. The co-workers were decent. The most enjoyable part of the job was cooking.
fun atmosphere
Front desk attendant (Former Employee) –  Edson, ABMay 7, 2016
I really enjoyed working there the people were very friendly and my boss was really nice. everyone was very welcoming and it was overall a really nice place to work.
Good Work
Co-Op placement (Former Employee) –  North Bay, ONApril 4, 2016
Looking for marketing objectives to bring new customers into Best Western and make sure that they enjoy their stay at our hotel.
Pros
Working independently
Cons
The sallary