Best Western Employee Reviews in Canada

Good Experience
Director of Operations (Current Employee) –  Terrace, BCAugust 19, 2016
Hotel owners are nice people and cooperative.I had to quit due to my personal commitments. They have excellent team to work with. Overall was a good experience.
very nice
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ONAugust 15, 2016
it was a very nice place to work, everyone was very nice. they even had birthday parties for the girls with cake and snacks. they would also take away rooms if we were really behind, it was a really good place to work.
Pros
nice staff
Cons
hard to get to on sundays.
Fast pace and busy workplace.
Porter (Current Employee) –  St. Catharines, ONJuly 27, 2016
Typical day: preparing meeting rooms, serving food, talking to guests, and cleaning.
Management: Alright
Co-Workers: Always prepared and on task.
Hardest part of the job: moving very large tables.
Most enjoyable part of the job: Free drinks and diner.
Pros
Free diner, free drinks, easy
housekeeping
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Kelowna, BCJuly 22, 2016
my normal would be cleaning 16 rooms
I have learned patients with other more so than ever
how make a bed fast.. and clean i room fast
The hardest part was you could never really plan anything cause you never know when your off work.. the part I like about the job. was cause you day went by fast..
Pros
free breakfast, good wage
Cons
long hours.. and only keep you for a month than your done
Overall good place to work.
Banquet Supervisor & Guest Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Orillia, ONJuly 14, 2016
I started at Best Western in 2014, I worked there for just under two years. I would say that it is a good place to work, I truly enjoyed working with my coworkers. My initial immediate managers were awesome people, they cared about their employees. The owners at that time ended up selling the hotel to a corporation, and the months following I seen a decline in morale, everyone started to hate their job and the place as a whole. The new GM came in, and she doesn't seem like a warm friendly person, it's always been my opinion that especially in the hospitality industry you should be warm and acknowledging to both internal and external guests, and it helps the lower people feel appreciated in their roll, resulting in upbeat attitudes towards guests. So in closing, although there may have been some issues with this location, that is not a reflection of BW as a whole, which was a decent company to work for.
Best Western Atomsphere
housekeeping and pool maintenance (Current Employee) –  Okotoks, ABJuly 10, 2016
Since I've worked at Best Western, I can truly say it is the best work environment I have encountered, and gladly been a part of. I've learnt may new skills and found a passion for Hospitality that I never knew existed within myself. I'm happy to say that I have stumbled upon a career I certainly enjoy. We are a smaller hotel, so we are independently owned and operated. I am a jack of all trades within the hotel so I am able to pitch in where I am needed and thats how I get my hours. Everything is based off of occupancy, which I was not aware at first. Management is good and we have a well oiled team, every housekeeper finishes within the time frame they are given. Even if they happen to fall behind, we work as a team and get the rooms done together. I enjoy working hear, and look forward to where it brings me in the future.
Pros
Great environment, support from management and co-workers.
Cons
Hours are based off occupancy, communication through the employees could be improved.
great food, high standards, lots to learn
Breakfast Cook (Current Employee) –  Courtenay, BCJuly 9, 2016
On the weekends there is a large buffet that many in town come to. I enjoyed making omelettes to order for some of the regular customers. During the week I made the daily sandwich and salad specials which gave me a chance to be creative outside the menu.There was some outside catering which I found more challenging as it was often a wedding, or special event that had to be perfect. I treat my work as how I would want things done if I was the client.
Pros
cooking daily specials
Cons
not much room for advancement
Poor workplace
Night Auditor (Current Employee) –  Kitchener, ONJuly 9, 2016
Consistently unkempt and dirty, job is rarely ever done right. Management is corrupt and awful to employees and refuse to hire enough staff.
working with the housekeepers was very enjoyable
Quality Control Inspector (Current Employee) –  Kincardine, ONJuly 5, 2016
I was hired to check rooms and for no other purpose. I was not to help the housekeepers in any way and there was absolutely no chance for advancement. You never learned everything about your position at one time, just a little here and a little there. My co-workers in housekeeping were young ladies who were in their first position of work or working to go on to school. They were excellent to work with. The hardest part of my job was not getting the time and the most enjoyable part of my job was working with some of the other employees
Pros
it was employment
Cons
unappreciated employment for people receiving minimum wage
great place to work, frendly, productive
House Keeping (Former Employee) –  Fernie, BCMay 23, 2016
great place to work, if you like hard word. great management , awesome benefits, and discounts. staff was great to customer's and we had great reviews
Pros
great pay, benifits
Cons
sometimes only two three hours for the day
Good friendly staff
Front Desk Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Saskatoon, SKMay 21, 2016
The front desk was friendly, the room was clean. The hotel is in a handy location being downtown but not on a super busy street. I had no issues with checking in or out. Fitness room was not busy and had decent choices for equipment.
Nice place to work
Line Cook (Former Employee) –  Valemount, BCMay 20, 2016
I worked here under contract for a couple months and really enjoyed my time . Would recommend to anyone who is looking for a nice place to work
Decent
Front Desk Agent (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, ONMay 13, 2016
A typical day at wings up was cleaning fryers, preparing food and taking orders and payment. The co-workers were decent. The most enjoyable part of the job was cooking.
fun atmosphere
Front desk attendant (Former Employee) –  Edson, ABMay 7, 2016
I really enjoyed working there the people were very friendly and my boss was really nice. everyone was very welcoming and it was overall a really nice place to work.
Good Work
Co-Op placement (Former Employee) –  North Bay, ONApril 4, 2016
Looking for marketing objectives to bring new customers into Best Western and make sure that they enjoy their stay at our hotel.
Pros
Working independently
Cons
The sallary
Fast past
HOUSEKEEPING SUPERVISOR (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ONApril 4, 2016
Each day we had a set amount of responsibilities to be done, it was up to each of us as individuals and as a team to complete everything effectively and efficiently.

I was able to approve on my multitasking skills with the support of all of my co workers including management.

I was able to thrive working independently and as a team member.
Pros
discounts on rooms
Cons
not enough hours
Overall great experience
Supervisor/ Room Attendant/ Laundry (Former Employee) –  Kingston, ONApril 2, 2016
Best Western was a great place to work. Positive experience with staff members and management. There is always room for career advancement within all areas of the establishment.
The truth
Front Desk Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Saskatoon, SKMarch 24, 2016
Management team is fun to work with. However because of a skeleton staff and lack of business, staff breaks are non existent. Work is fun but it is not equal to pay.
Pros
Fun work place
Cons
not being paid equal to skills
Promising and fun learning experience
Kitchen helper (Current Employee) –  Fort McMurray, ABMarch 23, 2016
Best western Plus is a great place to work at because there is so much opportunity for advancement in this place as they have amazing skills from years of experience that they pass on down to you/me. The management and staff are all wonderful people and have been great to me! The most enjoyable part of the job is the pride in putting out the best food in Fort Mcmurray and learning so much about cooking!
treated badly
Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABMarch 21, 2016
got treated badly,
supervisor always starting at me
over worked with not enough pay
never told us our days off until the night before
got dish soap put in my water bottle, told manager and she laughed
Pros
it was downtown
Cons
being talked down to, being accused with out proof