Best Western Employee Reviews in Canada

• Salary/Benefits
Promising and fun learning experience
Kitchen helper (Current Employee), Fort McMurray, ABMarch 23, 2016
Best western Plus is a great place to work at because there is so much opportunity for advancement in this place as they have amazing skills from years of experience that they pass on down to you/me. The management and staff are all wonderful people and have been great to me! The most enjoyable part of the job is the pride in putting out the best food in Fort Mcmurray and learning so much about cooking!
fun and busy
Banquet Server (Current Employee), Orillia, ONFebruary 24, 2016
Pros: free food and extra hours
Cons: long hours when not schedule
It's busy for the most part which makes my day go fast I enjoy what I do I like to keep moving and sometimes it's a lot of fun. When we have weddings or other types of parties I enjoy music and dancing while I work. I learned that presentation is key. Some management could be better, I like my co-workers I get a long with most, the hardest part of the job is not having the right supplies when needed.
Overall great experience
Supervisor/ Room Attendant/ Laundry (Former Employee), Kingston, ONApril 2, 2016
Best Western was a great place to work. Positive experience with staff members and management. There is always room for career advancement within all areas of the establishment.
productive , Excellent work atmosphere.
Room attendant (Former Employee), AlbertaMarch 11, 2016
Had a nice work experience in housekeeping. helpful management. mixed cultured work location. supportive supervisors and management.
Great work environment, amazing staff and enjoyable
Banquet Server (Current Employee), Brantford, ONNovember 27, 2015
Pros: Food is wonderful, being able to work in more than one department.
Cons: being called off early when an event is overstaffed.
Start by setting tables, and prepping for dinner service
Serve dinner, either buffet, or plated. Help clear sections, coffee and tea service.
End of shift cleaning, and polishing of silverware.
Management is excellent, and easy to get along with, as for co workers. Always willing to support and help out where needed.
Hardest part of the job is when someone doesn't show up for a shift, or something is missing from the event that we can not get, or unhappy costumers.
Most enjoyable part of the job, getting everything done and assuring guests had a good time.
Team work and Family Environment
Room Attendant Day and Night (Current Employee), Niagara Falls, ONOctober 11, 2015
Physically demanding and time management is a must. Co-workers are wonderful and feel very much like family. The down fall is that it is seasonal and has very little room for advancement. There is a wide range of clients and is a wonderful way to meet new people that visit the hotel from all around the world.
A great family team something I will never forget.
Maintenance Manager (Current Employee), Owen Sound, ONNovember 10, 2015
Pros: Benefit package.
Cons: pay.
Fast paced environment and making sure jobs get done in a timely fashion. I have learned all various types of jobs from painting to plumbing and managing big contract jobs. Great management team. Keeps you learning and growing with the company. Great group of people to work with I consider them my family. Hardest part of my job is keeping up with a hundred room hotel with only my self to look after it. Most enjoyable part of my job is learning new things every day and working along side great people.
NIGHT AUDITOR (Current Employee), MedJanuary 3, 2016
Pros: Great People
Cons: Too little Hours
Working here has been great, i can talk to people. It is a safe environment and everyone gets along. No one ever has any issues bringing any kind of concern to management. The hardest part of the job are keeping guests happy in hard times and being able to find shifts during low season.
fun to work
Server (Current Employee), Orillia, ONMarch 2, 2016
Pros: free food and get to dance
Cons: not full time and no real schedule
I like working at Best Western a typical day is long hours lots of heavy lifting. I leaned that time is key when busy and everything has to be set right.
Productive and fun place, well managed, gem and more.
Bus Person (Former Employee), London, ONJuly 25, 2015
Flexible scheduling, fun atmosphere, competitive salary and compensation packages, supportive management and good possibilities to advance, free meal.
Productive team that works well together! Fun atmosphere.
Banquet Server (Current Employee), Burnside, NSJanuary 11, 2016
Pros: Great staff
Work with great people, setting up for events such as weddings, parties, etc. We cater to the customers by carrying trays of food and clearing their plates. At the end of the event we clean the whole room and set up for the next event. The management is great there!
The truth
Front Desk Supervisor (Current Employee), Saskatoon, SKMarch 24, 2016
Pros: Fun work place
Cons: not being paid equal to skills
Management team is fun to work with. However because of a skeleton staff and lack of business, staff breaks are non existent. Work is fun but it is not equal to pay.
Good work environment
Housekeeping/Laundry/Housman (Former Employee), Sherwood Park, ABFebruary 14, 2016
Pros: Free lunches
Cons: none
Always looked forward to going to work. Learned better time management skills. Management was awesome there.The hard part was when a co-worker was absent work load became heavier.
Physical work for little to no benefits.
Room Attendant (Former Employee), Sooke, BCMay 19, 2015
Pros: Nice staff.
Cons: No advancement.
Management wanted the fastest possible work done but at the highest standards possible, which was difficult to accomplish for some. There is no room for promotion among the room attendants and small chance of wage increase. Not enough work for each employee. It is a very physically demanding job.

Very tiring work, and after not being appreciated properly over the years, it became very hard to stay motivated.

Most fellow staff were pleasant and kind. Very few guests left tips, so that was never a reliant money-earner. Guests are sometimes very cheerful, others are the opposite; obviously you must always able to deal with everyone respectfully and be friendly.
it was a great starter job
HOUSEKEEPER (Former Employee), Brantford, ONMarch 16, 2016
the girls were great to work with. my s supervisor sheryl gamble is one of the best supervisors i ever worked with. it was great but due to physical demand i wanted to change careers.
great team spirit
Building Operator (Current Employee), Calgary AlbertaSeptember 7, 2015
great team spirit.
It is a culture that recognizes work / life balance.
Management recognizes the need for upgrading and maintenance and the hotel staff delivers when it comes to satisfying the customer.
Friendly and professional atmosphere.
Front Desk (Current Employee), Simcoe, ONNovember 10, 2015
Friendly and professional work place. Management and co-workers are very friendly and willing to help where they can. The most enjoyable part of the job is learning new things and getting to interact with guests.
Just a job
Cleaner (Current Employee), St. Catharines, ONJanuary 27, 2015
During my 7 years at this hotel, the only raise we received is when a union was brought in even then the owners and management still did as they pleased. They have been stripping everything from the employees and if the union gets pushed out the employees will never receive another dime no matter how hard they work.

They always tell us when they clearly see that an employee is having a hard time that if they don't like their jobs to leave.

Few years ago my girlfriend and i were having a miscarriage and when i when to call in to tell them i was not going to be there that night, my manager gave me a hard time saying " if no one else goes in. You'll have to." them my girlfriend got on the phone and told her what was going on and her words to my girlfriend (who was losing her baby at the time in the hospital) that " that's not my problem" in a rude tone.
Best in the West: Can't have the great without a little bad
Receptionist (Current Employee), Dorval, QCSeptember 17, 2015
Pros: International friends and family discount
Cons: Frivolous complaints, not allowed to take a room at own hotel
Clients from all over the world visit the hotel on a daily basis and interacting with such an array of people is fulfilling. My co-workers and I do have a large volume of responsibility be it answering phone calls (reservations, complaints, general information), check-ins, customer concerns, complaints, interacting with restaurant and spa staff as well as international third party reservation companies, adhering to management requests, and check-outs.
The aspect of the job I could definitely do without would be the frivolous and misdirected complaints. As a hotel, the communication between various industries, companies and people is inevitable, yet often people do not direct their complaints to the correct person. As a face of the company, and subsequently for other third party companies as well, often clients misdirect their anger which can be frustrating.
However, the best part of my job is getting to know people, talking with people and hearing their stories. Seeing a client smile is the best part of my day.
Productive Fun
Extra Curricular/ Volunteer Activities (Current Employee), Halifax, NSNovember 9, 2015
Very nice work environment fits schedule nice. Staff friendly and management caring. Learned different types of computer software, learned how to use PMS check in systems. Learned night audit and how to process payments.
Headquarters