Best Western Employee Reviews

Great employers
Front Desk Agent (Former Employee) –  Niagara Falls, ON21 November 2017
Great people all around. As stressful as a hotel can be I still had a great time because I was working with and for lovely people. Very welcoming environment!
fun and enjoying work place
Maintenance Manager (Current Employee) –  Saskatoon, SK3 November 2017
i really love this kind of job in this company as maintenance manager , I help housekeeping, and laundry, i take care and maintain the pool cleaned and safe, and take care the hotel's exterior and interior.
a good personal and professional life balance
Front Desk Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Coquitlam, BC26 October 2017
a good personal and professional life balance, salary package is also satisfactory, good and understanding manager and colleagues, Nice and friendly guest
Fun workplace
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Edson, AB18 October 2017
I learned lots of stuff there I love the work environment and how they treat there staff. The hardest part was they make one girl do anywhere from 15 to 30 rooms by herself
Was an alright work setting. Would suggest working here if you're capable of working the hours.
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Woodstock, NB16 October 2017
I enjoyed working there. Money and hours were good. The managers were always compassionate about certain situations. The people I worked with were very up beat.
Pros
Always had a shift if not more
Cons
Being left short.
Amazing Location
Guest Services/Night Auditor (Current Employee) –  Bridgewater, NS10 October 2017
I cannot speak for every Best Western world wide when I say this however, having an employment opportunity with this location has been nothing but an amazing experience.

I highly recommend this location for any and all needs related to travel or employment! :)
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Jasper, AB4 October 2017
Former Housekeeper. You work in partners. Typical 7 to 8 hour day. I learned team work, working together. Management was great. Some of the best helpful supervisors I have had before. Staff lunches, and discount for breakfast in the restaurant. Always had coffee on. Supervisors had rules but they were very kind and layed out exactly how they wanted it. The hardest part of the job is the dead lines and having to be very quick. The restaurant is great.
Pros
Discount on breakfast & dinner. Nice supervisors
Tiring, fast pace
Housekeeper (Current Employee) –  Fort Saskatchewan, AB4 October 2017
A typical day at work starts off by showing up 10 minutes early to every shift to fold rags. After the folding is done, the team heads into the laundry room to assemble the needed amount of sheets and towels for the day. Teams of 2-3 are then sent off to enter each occupied room and replace their towels and sheets when needed. Cleaning of the rooms would start after this was complete.
Friendly co-workers and understanding boss
Banquet Server & Pool Helper (Current Employee) –  Regina, SK2 October 2017
a typical day at work includes fixing table settings bringing out food from kitchen and setting them up on the banquet tables. as a pool helper i take out towels from laundry and usually fold them, take pizza orders from customers and bring it to kitchen, check chemicals every hour, remove excess water on the floor to avoid accidents.
Pros
Free food and discounts in other branches of Best Western
Cons
Bad customers
Safe working environment and friendly staff
Housekeeper (Current Employee) –  Fort Saskatchewan, AB1 October 2017
Overall, my whole experience of working at Best Western is fantastic. The staff is kind and is always willing to help when you ask for it. Hours are usually flexible as long as you give a five to seven-day notice to the acting supervisor. However, late notices may not be taken as nicely.
Pros
Lunches may be provided if asked for
Cons
Long hours, potential favoritism of employees
9/10 of the staff are amazing. very easygoing, fast paced.
Guest Services Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Halifax, NS26 September 2017
This job is fast paced, involved a high level of communication and multitasking skills. co-workers are phenomenal. They offer room to move up to better positions.
Its alright.
Breakfast Attendant (Current Employee) –  Barrie, ON20 September 2017
Great atmosphere but people are very touchy. Cant try to socialize, don't get personal just do your job. Guest don't know how to not complain. An management is very critical on everything you do and look like.
Pros
Free food
Cons
Noisy management. An very critizing.
Better management equals more productivity from employees
Chambermaid (Former Employee) –  Leamington, ON13 September 2017
Typical day required was very fast paced. I learned that as an employee for the comany you never knew from day to day what next was going to happen. I had went through 3 general managers in less than a year so rules and regulations changed on a regular basis, so I never felt true stability within the company. The hardest part of this job was there were really no you would never benifit for going the extra mile for the company. Enjoyable part of this job for me was training the new girls, making of new friendships but knowing I was never getting financially restitution from management for the extra work I was doing.
Pros
Employee motel discounts
Cons
Poor management, lack of employee's due to poor management
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON11 September 2017
It was great they are nice and helpful. They treat their staff with respect and ensure that you are in a good mind set to get the job done. would reccomend
Typical
Housekeeper (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB6 September 2017
workplace culture is good. Staff is good.everyone is ready to help others.I learned all work related to housekeeping, laundry, kitchenand reception. overall good experience.
Overall good
Front Desk Supervisor & Night Auditor (Former Employee) –  Grande Prairie, AB3 September 2017
As with most hotels its shift work that isn't all that great and the wages aren't great either. They aren't to forth coming with the raises and management tends to favor some employees over others.
Challenging work environment
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Okotoks, AB31 August 2017
This property was very challenging and felt like the Owner had no faith in their employees. When you hire positions, you as an Owner should allow them to do their job. If you feel like you want to run your own hotel, there is no need to hire anyone else. Operations should be managed by someone with experience in that field and have more faith in those you hired.
Decent job
Second Cook (Former Employee) –  Leamington, ON30 August 2017
this company was unorganized. kinda a mess. management was there for them self. mind you the company was growing at a fast pace and was starting to organize a bit towards the end of my term with them.
Pros
good staff
Cons
cut to many corners
Great staff & Resturant!
Server (Current Employee) –  Halifax, NS29 August 2017
There is nothing I have to say about working at Chocolate lake hotel.

The Restaurant manager was great at working around schedules, and supportive in anything that is needed.

The staff worked as a team, and was very friendly!

The restaurant was always kept in great condition.

The food always looked liked art, beautifully presented!
Good Place To Start
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON24 August 2017
Very nice staff and comfortable environment. The job is simple and not very high demanding position. Need to be a good cleaner with attention to details.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Best Western. Our community is ready to answer.