Best Western Employee Reviews

Hard but rewarding job
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Orillia, ON11 July 2017
A typical day of work as a cleaner was spent cleaning rooms after guests checked out and preparing for incoming customers, or just freshening up rooms for guests who planned longer stays. It was hard work but rewarding knowing it was important work in helping Best Westerns clients enjoyed their stay.
Great Hotel, Great Staff
Room Attendant/Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Cornwall, ON10 July 2017
I loved working at Best Western. The supervisor was amazing. The staff was great. The work was sometimes grueling, but not overly so. The hours were good.
Pros
Daytime hours
Cons
Aching knees
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Fox Creek, AB10 July 2017
I enjoyed my time here. The supervisors were wonderful and the co-workers were great. The wage was good and the work environment was very positive. There is a lot of room for advancement and I would recommend this business to anyone.
Best Western
Housekeeping Staff (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, ON8 July 2017
The job is physically challenging, no doubt there. Stayed for many years; staff felt like family. Always room for improvement. Little to no room for advancement, which is unfortunate.
Pros
day shifts
Cons
wages did not meet job expectations
Night desk in Hotel
Night Desk Clerk - Night Audit (Former Employee) –  Nelson, BC6 July 2017
I did graveyard shift from 11 pm to 7 am Wednesday through Sunday. Usual hotel night desk duties with limited amount of cleaning. Lobby only. Night security.
Pros
It was work
Cons
Graveyard shifts
The best years of my life working for this company.
Room Attendant Ability (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB4 July 2017
An enjoyable working atmosphere,A structured day working as a room attendant in a very positive environment,with the best housekeeping supervisor anyone could hope for.i thoroughly enjoyed this position at the hotel.
bad no recognition of good work
Assistante gouvernante (Former Employee) –  Laval, QC1 July 2017
need to be friend with the boss otherwise you will not last- a few people control all regardless the quality of your work. bad work environment. I would not recommend it to my worst enemy.
Pros
nice place
Cons
a few people control all regardless the quality of your work
Enjoy the people
Housekeeping (Current Employee) –  Orangeville, ON1 July 2017
I enjoy working for best western. We are understaffed badly so the work is very demanding at times. Housekeepers should definitely be paid more, but overall I enjoy the hotel business.
nice place to work
Room Attendant/Housekeeping (Current Employee) –  Bowmanville, ON28 June 2017
No complaints really. It's a minimum wage job, there are no benefits BUT if you like working independently then this is an awesome job for you. Just know it's hard physical work.
low morale, management not supportive
Custodian / Caterer (Former Employee) –  Fredericton, NB23 June 2017
Very little support from management; they would say one thing and do another. Even if you provided a doctor's note stating you needed time off they would not approve it
Pros
co-workers were nice
Cons
bullying from management, long hours
overall great team with a family sense
banquet attendant (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON20 June 2017
It was a fast pace workplace and alot of just-in-time deliveries were making things hard but it always worked out. The management team was really good at making the employees feel at ease and appreciated.
ok place to work
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Orillia, ON14 June 2017
The most enjoyable part of the job was everyone worked as a team. The hardest part of the job was dealing with management. Most of the management excluding one person treated staff poorly and were unprofessional.
Pros
staff morale
Cons
poor management
souvenirs
Housekeeper / Custodian (Former Employee) –  St. Albert, AB6 June 2017
fun to work in a team or independently
allowed to keep cool stuff found if not claimed
diverse friendly coworkers and management
just filling up the 150 character minimum
Pros
free food
Cons
everyone stays until everything's done
Waitress and Bartender
BARTENDER AND WAITRESS (Former Employee) –  Renfrew, ON4 June 2017
Very friendly atmosphere. Tasks ranged from serving customers drinks to designing new marketing strategies. Worked in the presence of many families which made for very pleasant interactions
Very busy workplace
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Midland, ON30 May 2017
Always found it fun to work at the best western was a little to overwhelming for me but I think it's a great decision for others who can handle a few tasks at once.
Pros
Good breaks
Cons
Drags sometimes
Very Good Manangement
Front Desk Clerk (Current Employee) –  Airdrie, AB28 May 2017
The management is easy to deal with and they are very considerate. As a front desk clerk, this work requires a good communication to the guest and you should know what their needs. Be accommodating and make them feel welcomed on your property.
Customer Service
Manager, Rocky's Grill (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB26 May 2017
Guests are not always easy to please. Management did not do a very good job at supporting their employees and some of us were often " hung out to dry" in order to keep the guest happy whether justified or not.
Guest Service Agent/Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Sundre, AB22 May 2017
The staff and management are easy to get along with. The training is done hands on, as well as through computer simulation. Every staff member from each individual department would communicate effectively and efficiently.
Pros
Staff
Cons
Late nights
The Hotel is always busy but the staff are all happy
Supervisor building maintenance (Current Employee) –  135 Carlingview drive, Toronto, ON18 May 2017
We do preventive maintenance the room and facilities from Monday to Friday specially when the hotel is busy, I learn how to deal with others people, like costumer service, and how the property runs the operate. Regards to management, we have also medical benefits, free lunch, uniform and they look for welfare of there staffs.The staff are all happy and friendly, helpful and we are surrounded good management, The hardest part of our job when the hotel change his name, do the renovation, like change of beds, headboard, sopa bed, and etc. The most enjoyable part of job when the works is done successfully, we have also our monthly gathering like birthday and employee of the month. Christmas season, we have party, gifts and bonuses also
Pros
The hotel is not unionize and they do direct hiring
Cons
Sometime we do overtime if needed
Review
SERVER (Former Employee) –  Valemount, BC16 May 2017
This environment of work is always welcoming to come to everyday.
Always joined by a very nice and professional group of managers and fellow employees to all work together to get the daily duties finished.
Pros
resonable breaks

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Best Western. Our community is ready to answer.