Best Western Employee Reviews

Front Desk Agent (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB2 December 2016
The staff is what makes this the best place to work for. I love best western innsiders rewards which is a great perk for working for them, they have awesome promotions so it makes it easier to sign people up. Love serving customers.
Benefits
Cons
Working in the evenings and weekends always, gets tiring after awhile, clashes with relationship
lots of energy in the work place
Front Desk Manager (Former Employee) –  kenora ontario6 March 2017
amazing team work and great people to work for .
Owner and General Manager were fair with all management and associates.
Full benefits and meals included
Loved my job their
Housekeeping Room Attendant (Former Employee) –  Brantford, ON10 January 2017
I cleaned rooms for guest checking in or even long stay guests.the pace of the job was sometime challanging but it was worth the tips.its a beautiful hotel then.
Benefits
Cons
Supervisors
Good Place
Extended healthcare
Flexible working hours
Good standing company
Nice co-workers
Fun place to work excellent kitchen Forman
Prep Cook/Dishwasher (Former Employee) –  Wetaskiwin, AB23 October 2016
A typical day was making salads and desserts for banquets. I learned how to prepare food for the customers. Management was good. My co-workers were great we worked as a team with little to no confusion or arguments in the work place. Being there first thing in the morning after a long night of work was the hardest part of the job. Working with the kitchen Forman learning all the little tricks of the trade was the best thing about my job
Pros
working long side the kitchen Forman
Cons
Even though it was a Co-op it was so much fun
Preparation Cook (Co-op placement) (Former Employee) –  London, ON23 January 2017
By far one of the most amazing places I have ever worked at even if it was for a very short time. Management was amazing as well as the staff, people you could get along with and have a wonderful time doing so. The hardest part of the job was that it was pretty physically demanding but that's what's expected of Kitchen Prep people. All in all it was one of the best experiences in my life.
If you go with the right one, you'll be fine.
Front desk Agent / Assistant Front Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB8 March 2017
I unfortunately got caught up in one of the Best Westerns who's owner did not overly seem to care about his staff or his customers. Although I would not recommend the specific hotel I worked for, Best Western as a brand seemed to be okay, and if you end up at one better than the one I was employed with, you should have a great experience. I unfortunately was promoted only to supervisor when I was doing the job of the front desk manager, an accountant, as well as still preforming regular front desk shifts. Although I did payroll and did the schedule for my employees, I was not given the power to hire and let go of people in order to make my front desk as strong as possible. Basically, just be wary of things going on, and I'd suggest sticking to the simple front desk position, I wish I had.
Fun place to work and loving people all around to help.
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Fort Saskatchewan, AB17 February 2017
I love to keep my mind busy by cleaning and alot of amazing people worked there and it was easier because it was more of a family working as a team. To get everything accomplished.

The management wasn't the best at the one I worked out West. But I'm sure everyone has there problems
From the start until the end it was a good experience and no matter what everyone was there to help and do respectful.
Fast paced environment
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ON2 March 2017
Very face paced work place, I enjoyed the long hours on foot keeping myself active and busy throughout the day. The hourly pay was not up to par but the long hours made up for it.
Pros
great place to work, frendly, productive
House Keeping (Former Employee) –  Fernie, BC23 May 2016
great place to work, if you like hard word. great management , awesome benefits, and discounts. staff was great to customer's and we had great reviews
Pros
great pay, benifits
Cons
sometimes only two three hours for the day
Busy environment, highest level of customer service, computer skills, and reception
Night Manager/Auditor (Current Employee) –  Campbell River, BC15 February 2017
Answering phones, solving guest issues. Balancing front desk revenues, reporting to General Manager and Owners, and rolling over computer systems. Prepping and cooking breakfast for guests. Hardest part of the job is time management.
Pros
free breakfast, use of swimming pool, sauna, and gym.
Cons
cooking breakfast during peak seasons.
very good work ethic
Chef Manager (Former Employee) –  Jasper National Park, Alberta Canada3 February 2017
very good place to work, staff were incredibly helpful, long hours but the financial aspect of things made up for this, was an amazing experience to live in the mountains
Pros
free staff meals
Best Western Atomsphere
housekeeping and pool maintenance (Current Employee) –  Okotoks, AB10 July 2016
Since I've worked at Best Western, I can truly say it is the best work environment I have encountered, and gladly been a part of. I've learnt may new skills and found a passion for Hospitality that I never knew existed within myself. I'm happy to say that I have stumbled upon a career I certainly enjoy. We are a smaller hotel, so we are independently owned and operated. I am a jack of all trades within the hotel so I am able to pitch in where I am needed and thats how I get my hours. Everything is based off of occupancy, which I was not aware at first. Management is good and we have a well oiled team, every housekeeper finishes within the time frame they are given. Even if they happen to fall behind, we work as a team and get the rooms done together. I enjoy working hear, and look forward to where it brings me in the future.
Pros
Great environment, support from management and co-workers.
Cons
Hours are based off occupancy, communication through the employees could be improved.
liked my job was just in a bad economy
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Airdrie, AB22 December 2016
job as a housekeeper was rewarding, but was just in a bad economy so I was laid off soon after I hod gotten the job. due to the fact management believed that people would come more, but that never happened and it went from part time to maybe a shift every two weeks. was not the companies fault just bad timing.
Pros
good team work within the section I worked in
Cons
the work was physically challenging
Most enjoyable part of the job
Daily housekeeping assignments (Former Employee) –  Strathmore, AB21 January 2017
I loved the people that I worked with. A few of the staff come to the hotel not knowing any english. I was to train the new housekeepers while learning how to speak Spanish. I now have a love for learning spanish.
Pros
Great People
Hardworking job
Room Attendant (Former Employee) –  Okotoks, AB2 January 2017
Most days started with a meeting with all the room attendants, then we would gather our supplies and get to work cleaning the rooms. We would start with our individual rooms to clean and as we finished, we would clean as a team until all the rooms on the lists were clean. It was steady and tiring work, but I found it manageable.
I learned a lot about cleaning as well as customer service, making sure to do as the individual wanted.
Management was focused and instructive, giving helpful feedback as necessary.
For the most part, my co-workers were good with teamwork, there were exceptions to some who would prefer not to share their weight and understand how to compromise. However, overall my co-workers were quite agreeable.
The hardest part of the job for me was the deep-cleans, which were extensive cleaning of every room to meet with company standards. This task was difficult for me because of the great length of time needed to complete. Many would work in a single room and it would still take hours longer than any other regular clean. However, when we did finish a room, there was a great sense of accomplishment.
The most enjoyable part of my job was the satisfying feeling that came with having successfully cleaned a room.
Pros
Individual work
Cons
Sometimes too short of shifts, sometimes too long
Job Security.
Banquet Server (Current Employee) –  North Bay, ON27 October 2016
Provides you with fun people to work with who are smart, kind, and considerate co-workers. There is job security here, so that you can feel comfortable enough to know that you won't suddenly one day lose your job for no reason, and there are many opportunities for job advancement/to switch departments. The managers are personable people that are sociable, and very helpful/down to Earth people.
It was a good experience to see how much people have to go threw in a work place.
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Mission, BC6 November 2016
The work was very fast paced. And with cleaning the faster you have to go the more you miss, so I did not enjoy that. The people I worked with where usually respectful of one another. The way they acted towards one another often got hostile or there was often gossip and silly rumors. I didn't feel comfortable working in such a unprofessional place.

And Iv discovered I'd much rather be happy and pore than unhappy and have a paycheck, because that's no way to live.
Pros
I got good hours
Cons
I found myself to be the only one cleaning everything properly. Maybe alittle slow, but proper.
Great part time job
Banquet Server and Bartender (Current Employee) –  North Bay, ON15 February 2017
The employees that I work with are fantastic. Everyone is extremely friendly, helpful and fun. The hours can be too long or not long enough and there are no guaranteed hours per week. I love getting free food when there are left overs and on busy nights the tips are pretty good.
Awesome place to work at i loved it
housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Edson, AB28 November 2016
Overall its not a bad place to work just sad how they let some people go.
I don't like how there is a uniform
I feel like there should be a little bit more leniency
Pros
Cons
Terrible people to work with