Best Western

• Salary/Benefits
busy and productive place
Executive (Former Employee), Sherwood Park, ABJune 16, 2015
higher end hotels
different types of people and culture
plate presentation for 50 dollars
hardest part was when it was busy
learned how cut different kind of meat
Worst job ever
Housekeeping (Former Employee), London OntarioJune 13, 2015
Pros: Tips
Cons: Healthcare, pay, management
By far the worst job I've ever had. The rooms can vary depending on the guest, so your time management goes along with that as does your quality of production with the stress of time on your hands, management & supervising staff rude, not light w/ attitude, argumentative and disgusting people. Not very good pay for the horrible hours you do get to work never over 30 hrs a week sometimes less than 15 if any. Hotel upkeep in general, decent. Guests seem to return some check out early unspectful of how they're treated at front desk or by staff. Halls loud, pool/atrium loud. Complaining guests, unhappy guests alot.. Hard to deal with while trying to be respectful. Overall I rate the job 1 star because I can at least eat & maybe pay my phone bill. I don't suggest the job to anyone, by far.
Good atmosphere always something new
Porter (Current Employee), North Bay, ONJune 7, 2015
Pros: Always something to do
Cons: Not enough hours
• Overnight hours, and work unsupervised
• Heavy lifting
• Set up and organize weddings and functions
• Maintain buffet table for up to 200 guests
Customer Management
Front Desk Agent (Former Employee), Osoyoos, BCMay 10, 2015
I really loved this job, not only was the management great but the clients were always amazing to work with. Management would always make sure they were flexible with the staff and made sure we always had what we needed.
Excellent
Front Desk Receptionist - Hospitality Industry (Current Employee), Simcoe, ONFebruary 25, 2015
Excellent place to work if you are a people person and enjoy helping people. Meet some amazing long term guests who become good friends
My first job in Cornwall
Housekeeper (Former Employee), Cornwall, ONJanuary 13, 2015
Pros: i was able to make some friends as a new comer to cornwall
Cons: it really wasn't what i wanted to be doing.
This was my first job when moving to Cornwall so I took what I could because I am unable to confidently converse in the French language.
While working here I was able to meet a variety of different people.
My day at work
Day/Night Cleaner (Former Employee), Kenora, ONDecember 10, 2014
The typical day at work would include cleaning the hotel from top to bottom, I would also help with the laundry. I really enjoyed working with my co-workers they were as hard working as myself.
a lot of fun!!
FRONT DESK CLERK (Former Employee), Edson, ABDecember 8, 2014
I loved working for best western, I always felt appreciated, and they were able to provide great training for the job.
Alright Job
Housekeeper (Former Employee), Abbotsford, BCDecember 6, 2014
Pros: above minimum wage pay, amazing staff besides management
Cons: judgemental manager
It was a good expiernece, and I started giving more props to the people who do that for a life time, I went in thinking house keeping was easy.. but I found it is very hard working and takes a certain person.
It was a whole new experience working in hospitality industry
Night Auditor\Front Desk Agent (Former Employee), regina, SKSeptember 28, 2014
like to work everywhere i worked. It was a whole new experience in working two separate industry. Hospitality and fast food. Both of the industry gave me one important thing which will stay with me i.e. customer service. Handling customer complaints, solving problem, managing team and main part is running the show. But i liked a lot working there.
great place to work
Duties - Housekeeping, Maintenance (Former Employee), Mission, BCSeptember 22, 2014
the best western mission city lodge is a great place to work the people are great the general manager is a great guy will always help you when you need
Banquet serving for weddings and conferences
Banquet Server (Former Employee), Orillia, ONSeptember 13, 2014
I would dress formally in a tuxedo and serve wedding guests or conferences dinner, drinks and snacks.
A good place to work and learn
House Agent (Current Employee), calgaryJuly 23, 2014
Pros: good people to work within the hotel
Cons: timings are much complex.
Make up your mind to learn and understand the hotel work procedure through scheduled work and strict supervision.
not a family workplace
Building Operations Maintenance (Current Employee), Orillia, ONMay 25, 2014
Pros: free breackfast
Cons: no satuardays off to spend with family
This is not a great place to work although I enjoy my work the owners are all about money and not so much with the staff that look after this facility, they have zero compassion with regards to staff and their family
first job
Front Desk Clerk (Former Employee), Greater Sudbury, ONMarch 26, 2014
Pros: close to home
Cons: lack of things to do
good coworkers and management
learnt how to make cakes and costumer service. good place a first job.
room attendant
Housekeeping (Former Employee), Niagara-on-the-Lake, ONMarch 23, 2014
during this job I was very physically fit from the constant moving. i learned how to deal with people calmly and correctly.
not a fun place to work
House Person (Former Employee), Dartmouth, NSMarch 18, 2014
I really didn't mind working there the management was not so grate wouldn't get the right equipment to do my work
BEST WESTERN
Housekeeper (Former Employee), Fort St John, BCMarch 17, 2014
I would clean rooms finish my work load then go help the other girls do theirs most of the time.Here is where I learned a lot of my housekeeping skills. I found the management very professional and good to there employee's they tended to hire a lot of older ladies for the mature factor i think but it was a good setting to work in.The hardest part of the job was bending and doing the hot tub. Learning all the secrets to cleaning a hotel room off one of my co-workers.
met lots of people
Housekeeper (Former Employee), North Bay, ONMarch 17, 2014
Pros: not to hard
Cons: bad people
clean bathroom bedroom make beds vacuume mop make sure cutomer dont need anything. bring food and ice folding laundry
Wonderful Job, With The Right People
Front Desk Agent (Former Employee), Maple Ridge, BCMarch 12, 2014
Pros: discounted hotel rooms, paid lunches.
Cons: guests vary, can be very rude.
A typical day on the job requires an full smile all day, which I was glad to do, no doubt. A typical day included booking reservations, calling to confirm reservations, sending out e-mails, servicing guests in the hotel. As a front desk agent, it comes down to you to make decisions while the bosses are out.

It's hard to pinpoint what you learn. It's an expedited learning curve into hospitality and customer service. Each encounter is different.

Most enjoyable part of the job were the people. My co-workers, and the guests. It's a great form of informal networking and you learn so much about others while learning about yourself.

1 2 3

About Best Western

Western hospitality has really spread. Begun in 1946 by hotelier M. K. Guertin and named for its California origins, Best Western – Read more