Best Western Hotel

Best Western Hotel Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
front desk
Front Desk Clerk (Former Employee), Woodbridge, VAJune 3, 2014
• Directed up to 13 team members in providing quality food service to patrons.
• Entrusted with managing and balancing cash receipts and deposits.
• Closely monitored and forecasted food and labor costs to optimize bottom-line profits.
• Controlled inventory levels to meet operational demand and cost-effectively procured supplies.
• Enthusiastically – more... supported waitress and hostess activities, building strong guest relations leading to repeat business, referrals, and client retention. – less
Quiet, Calm environment
Desk Clerk (Former Employee), Frankfort, KYMay 28, 2014
A typical work day would be cleaning up lobby making sure the guests are ok with the hotel service, and make sure everything is stocked up. The management is very hard working and make sure everything is up. the most enjoyable part of the job is dealing with the people.
Front Desk Clerk
Front Desk Clerk (Former Employee), La Grange, TXMay 25, 2014
Pros: flexible hours, free lunches
Cons: lack of benefits such as healthcare and retirement options
On a typical day, I was constantly busy multi-tasking with phone answering, making reservations, checking in and out guests, and wake-up call requests. It is a flexible summer job if you want to make extra cash, but I would not recommend it to anyone looking for a full-time position because it can be hectic and stressful.
Productive work place
Housekeeper (Former Employee), Philadelphia, PAMay 23, 2014
Pros: flexible scedule
Cons: lack of hours
A typical work day was busy. My co workers were nice women and were very helpful
great hotel enjoyable enviorment
Housekeeping (Current Employee), floridaMay 19, 2014
the day starts of at 9 some days are better then other but if we get tough days our supervisors and or management will gladly step in and help us.. the most enjoyable day at work is knowing someone who rents this room will have a completely clean room to spend the night in.
Changes directions fast, calm but also fast past environment
Front Desk/Breakfast Bar (Former Employee), Dickinson, NDMay 8, 2014
Customer service and maintaining hotel needs at all times. Learning new company software's and multitasking between breakfast bar and front desk duties.
Very Productive and Busy
o Banquet server, set-up assistant, and bartender (Current Employee), LongmontMay 6, 2014
I was always on my feet moving around. I would set-up banquet rooms and then work big events and parties. I also would bartend as well.
good componey
Server/Hostess (Former Employee), Philadelphia, PAApril 30, 2014
a typical day at work
what you learned
management
your co-workers
the hardest part of the job
the most enjoyable part of the job
very fun environment
Front Desk Clerk/Night Auditor (Former Employee), Thackerville, OKApril 28, 2014
Pros: no supervision required
Cons: odd hours
I enjoyed working here very pleasant co-workers and versatile
not a bad place to work
Gift Shop assistant (Former Employee), Crystal River, FLApril 20, 2014
family run. gift shop closed. I learned to be an independent worker.
Nice and Clean
Night Auditor (Former Employee), Greenwood, MSApril 14, 2014
I really liked this job because i was dealing with guest directly . I was the only one working sometimes so it would get kind of boring but i loved it .
Great Place to work
Breakfast Host (Current Employee), Atlanta,Ga.April 1, 2014
Cons: need more hours
Great place to work. Love my job. would like more hours. Management help out a lot. My co-worker are great to with. Would like more hours
Enjoyable work place
Front Desk Clerk (Current Employee), Natchez, MSMarch 31, 2014
Pros: relaxing atmosphere
Cons: low income/ no benefits
I enjoyed working for this hotel. Management was very nice and accommodating. My only complaint would be the pay was very low.
Assistant Executive Housekeeping Manager
Assistant Executive Housekeeping Manager (Former Employee), Miami Beach, FLMarch 14, 2014
Daily operational housekeeping responsibilities in a 253 room property
Responsible for daily job performance of housekeeping employees (average) among room attendants, houseman, public areas, supervisors and laundry staff.
Accountable for training supervisors in opening and night shifts
Excellent on setting next day shift, based on analyzing the forecast – more... showed by the system.
Accountable for training room attendant employees with great skills and qualifications to became housekeeping supervisors
Replace the executive housekeeper and assistant executive housekeeper when they are off, during vacations time or when is needed.
Cooperate with other hotel’s departments (front desk, Maintenance) to provide an excellent member services and a pleasant stay for all the customers.
Provide in a timely manner, requirements from customers with courtesy and respect.
Solve or find the immediately solution to problems or complaint from customers.
Develop special cleaning projects /general inventory / cleaning improvements. – less
loved my job
Night Auditor (Former Employee), florida city fla 33034March 13, 2014
Pros: free coffee and cookies
I worked the night shift and I loved my job and my co worker became great new close friends
quiet place
Guest Relations - Front Desk Representative (Former Employee), Sugarland TxMarch 2, 2014
Pros: hours
Cons: making breakfast
when i worked nighgts there was no security there which was a little nerve wreaking. Overall management was okay. A typical work day would be checking in/out guests, making sure they are settled and comfortable in there environment. Most of my co-workers were great there was only one that was very micro managing. Overall i would consider it a fun but – more... quiet place to work – less
Excellent place to work as young man getting my feet under myself.
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Troy, NYFebruary 10, 2014
Pros: a free meal with every shift, flexible work environment.
Cons: i would have preffered to make more money, but who doesnt.
I was the Assistant Manager that also handled off hour maintenance issues. I would assist the other front desk associates in receiving and checking out guests, ensuring there satisfaction by addressing there individual hospitality requirements. All while keeping a eye on the housekeeping report to ensure rooms required were available. All of the associates – more... i worked with there were great people and great workers. There wasnt really a hard part of the job, i enjoyed everything i did there. The best part of the job was the satisfaction given to me by guests that showed there appreciation of all i did tho make there families stay a great and memorable one. – less
Good job and people.
Front Desk Supervisor/Guest Services Manager (Former Employee), Sherman, TXFebruary 3, 2014
Pros: good pay and benefits
Cons: bad management
Really enjoyed job. Got to meet new and exciting people just like me.
mmmm
Chambermaid (Former Employee), King's Lynn, ENGJanuary 26, 2014
staff are okay, management are not as friendly and do not really listen to your views.
Decent place of work but nothing more.
Restaurant Staff (Former Employee), NottinghamJanuary 5, 2014
Cons: not enough hours with no benefits
My time spent working for Best Western Hotels was a good learning curve for me as I learnt how to be a professional and reliable member of the restaurant staff. I learnt all the skills needed to work in any other environment of the same kind.

My co-workers were hard working just like myself and often showed me how to improve myself which I valued highly – more... as receiving feedback on how to improve yourself is key within a work place.

The management was sometimes off, such as sometimes I would clean cutlery until something needed to be done such as waiting of a table or helping a customer with a problem they are having.

There was no real hard part to the job but it wasn't easy either, this was good because I felt challenged to better my service and myself within the work place, which of course I did. – less