Best Western Hotel

Best Western Hotel Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Enjoyed working with this company
Front desk, shift supervisor (Former Employee), Hempstead, NYOctober 27, 2014
A typical day at work was very busy, I learned alot, mangement was great and I got along with all of my co-workers.
Great Hotel
FRONT DESK AGENT/ OPERATIONS EXECUTIVE (Former Employee), Baltimore, MDOctober 22, 2014
Pros: great compensation
Cons: no lunch breaks
Great Hotel to work at in downtown Baltimore. Co workers are great to work with.
Great Place to work
General Manager Assistant (Former Employee), Mission Hills, CAOctober 9, 2014
Pros: close to home
Cons: they sold the business
Loved meeting all the people each day.
Like that there was a different thing to do each day.
Fun place to work, the boss is great person
Front Desk Manager (Former Employee), Fort Pierce, FLSeptember 16, 2014
I will always be willing to help out (work) at this location when necessary.
Best Western was a great place to work.
Front Desk Agent (Former Employee), Rockland, MASeptember 15, 2014
Every day was different at Best Western. It was a fast paced environment checking in/out guests, troubleshooting guest issues and solving their problems.
memorable workplace
Room Attendant (Former Employee), Gardiner, MTSeptember 11, 2014
Pros: refreshments
This Hotel is one of the best working spot that I had. During my work everyone was doing their task promptly. The management is very good. They provide good training. Co-workers are very professionals and job will be fun and exciting each day. The team and the management is the most enjoyable part in this hotel.
trying to please everyone
Housekeeper (Former Employee), Philadelphia, PASeptember 11, 2014
Pros: allowing employees to request their own days off
Cons: not being able to grant everyone thier request
one day work i was doing the work schedule for the next week and i ran into a complicated decision i had to make between 2 employees and their schedule. Decided to bring both parites in the office an amazingly everything worked out for the best. Thanks to my decision making moves.
Hotel hospitality
Owner/Operator (Former Employee), Hastings, NESeptember 9, 2014
Hotel business was very rewarding and facinating. Fast paced and customer care oriented. Managed staff and property.
great place
floor member/ waitress (Former Employee), Kingston upon Hull, ENGSeptember 1, 2014
Pros: free lunch
Cons: long hours, 0zero salary
enjoyed my time during my work placement
I have learn great experience about hotel life
it was fun, busy,
Professional at all times
Desk Clerk (Former Employee), Sonora, TXAugust 25, 2014
This job thought me how to handle upset or sensitive customers with reason, patients and staying professional at all times. It also thought me how to work face to face with a customer in a timely manner.

All Check-ins will be notified of the rates of the rooms will ask if they have AARP or Military discounts and process the check-in collect payment – more... by credit card or cash (cash payments will still need credit card on file in case any damage was done to the room) .12am-8am shift is responsible for late night check-ins. customers who check in after 12am Late night shift will be greeted at the window. Late night shift Is also responsible for all customers’ needs whether being an additional pillow, blanket, towels, or trouble with internet access. At 5 am start cooking breakfast for the breakfast room and stocking the breakfast area. At 7:45am notify next shift person who checked in who check out before clocking out. 8am-4pm shift is responsible of maid cleaning schedule what rooms to completely cleaned and what rooms to just need light cleaning and what rooms don't want to be cleaned. Check-out each customers in a professional and timely matter and make sure their stay was comfortable. As well as Checking in customers interpersonal and via phone in a professional and timely manner and make sure that anything they need we are here to help. At 3:45pm or once the next shift person comes in, notify them who has checked in and if anyone has anything additional to their room. 4pm-12am shift is responsible for customers checking in and out as well and their needs to have a comfortable stay and before their shift ends they will notify the next shift (12am-8am) who has checked in and out and what additional needs are in their rooms. – less
long hours with few guests
Front Desk Clerk/Receptionist (Former Employee), Glenpool, OKAugust 6, 2014
Pros: friendly atmosphere
Cons: no breaks.
low pay, dependabilty of work, met Pake McEntire whom is Reba McEntire's brother and guitar player on his way home to Colgate, OK
Productive Place
Sous Chef (Former Employee), Rockville Centre, NYAugust 5, 2014
Pros: great place to be yourself
Cons: not much benefits
I had grown into a great assistant chef and also at decorating food
one of the best please to work
Night Auditor Supervisor / Guest Service Agent (Former Employee), Boston, MAJuly 29, 2014
Pros: meeting new people everyday
Cons: benefits
Every day was different, fellow employees was great to work with, management had a wonderful open door policy.
great colleagues
Assistant Manager (Current Employee), buckinghamJuly 28, 2014
general work atmosphere was good, great colleagues, lots of cleaning
Productive and friendly environment
House Keeping (Former Employee), Chicago, ILJuly 8, 2014
Pros: 30 min lunch break
Cons: no benefits
A typical day at work was getting my supplies together to clean my 20 rooms or more. I learned to move at a fast pace to get my job done on time and in a professional manner. My management team was great and outgoing. The hardest part of my job was nothing really, but building up my speed, but the most enjoyable part of my day was seeing our customers – more... with big smiles on their faces when they came to a clean room. – less
fun work place
Bell hop, dishwasher and various duties (Former Employee), charlotte,ncJune 6, 2014
Pros: good benifits
Cons: short breaks
my co-workers are great and the most enjoyabble part of the job is bar backing
Housekeeper
Housekeeper (Former Employee), Dayton, OHJune 4, 2014
Loved to clean rooms an meet new guest. Cleanig is very fun an something i love to do.
front desk
Front Desk Clerk (Former Employee), Woodbridge, VAJune 3, 2014
• Directed up to 13 team members in providing quality food service to patrons.
• Entrusted with managing and balancing cash receipts and deposits.
• Closely monitored and forecasted food and labor costs to optimize bottom-line profits.
• Controlled inventory levels to meet operational demand and cost-effectively procured supplies.
• Enthusiastically – more... supported waitress and hostess activities, building strong guest relations leading to repeat business, referrals, and client retention. – less
Quiet, Calm environment
Desk Clerk (Former Employee), Frankfort, KYMay 28, 2014
A typical work day would be cleaning up lobby making sure the guests are ok with the hotel service, and make sure everything is stocked up. The management is very hard working and make sure everything is up. the most enjoyable part of the job is dealing with the people.
Front Desk Clerk
Front Desk Clerk (Former Employee), La Grange, TXMay 25, 2014
Pros: flexible hours, free lunches
Cons: lack of benefits such as healthcare and retirement options
On a typical day, I was constantly busy multi-tasking with phone answering, making reservations, checking in and out guests, and wake-up call requests. It is a flexible summer job if you want to make extra cash, but I would not recommend it to anyone looking for a full-time position because it can be hectic and stressful.