Best Western Hotel

Best Western Hotel Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Professional and interesting
Front Desk Agent (Former Employee), Lloydminster, ABFebruary 12, 2014
Pros: met interesting people, gained great skills, documenting, computer and telecommunication skills
Cons: dealt with not so nice people, not enough staff on shift at times, got incredibly busy and couldnt do what everyone wanted when they wanted
A day at the hotel could always turn out different. One day could be quiet and relaxing, a day to finish processing all payments or to personally check on the guest. Or the day could turn out to have everyone switching over and do check ins and check outs the entire work day. From working here I have learned how to work in a high paced atmosphere with – more... different types of people. Learned how to deal with agitated people and solve their problems. I gained patience and communication skills.
The hardest part of my day wouldnt happen every day. Only when al lcompanys transferred and everyone checked out and new people checked in while having several phone lines ringing.
My most enjoyable part of my job was when guest would come thank me for the excellent and positive work i had been providing. – less
it was a good job can say anything bad about it
Housekeeper (Former Employee), Niagara Falls, ONAugust 29, 2013
Pros: great boss i had
Cons: you had to work every weekend which sucked
it was a good job can say any thing bad about only that it was a seasonal job.wish it could have lasted long then just for the summer.
learned how to work effectively
Housekeeping (Former Employee), Kelowna, BCAugust 19, 2013
Pros: bonuses
Cons: very long hours some days
cleaning the rooms once again everyday.Learned easier and more productive ways to clean.co-workers were very friendly and still freindly to me today.hardest partof the job was keeping up your speed and still doing a fine job
Most enjoyable parts were the dinners and parties given to the staff and a very handsom bonus, given at Christmas time.
Hard working, friendly and enjoy my work
Customer service/Chef (Current Employee), Abuja NigeriaJuly 2, 2013
Pros: exactly free lunches and tips
Cons: long exhausting hours; few workers
I go to work almost everyday of the week. I spend hours cooking and dishing food plus other necessary works. The hotel I work is a very popular one and is always full with customers so whenever I set my foot in the hotel, I don't remember even my bag till the time I will be leaving 12hrs later (when I am not working extra hours - rarely). My 1hr brake – more... is what I usually use to take my lunch and rest for a while before starting all over again.
I learnt to stand for hours without sitting down; I learnt to be committed to work in general and above all I learnt to prepare several different dishes.
The hardest part of my job is getting up very early in the morning to prepare for work after coming back so late the previous day.
The most enjoyable part is learning to prepare different dishes and working in the mist of friendly colleagues – less
every day was a good day
cleaning (Former Employee), st albertaMarch 24, 2013
Pros: gift cards
Cons: 8hrs
cleaning rooms making beds. i learnt that every day can be fun at work just if you make it.and my manager was a good person. the people i worked with i got along with every one. the was nothing hard about my job because i don't like to think that any thing is hard to do stay positive. waking up and going to work best time of my day.
Fun workplace with a positive environment and great people
Housekeeping (Former Employee), Sicamous, BCFebruary 20, 2013
Pros: free access to the pool and hot tubs, great people, fun environment
Cons: heat, disaster rooms, small children wetting the bed..
A typical day at work would be that when you arrive, you stock the cart and establish which rooms you will be cleaning that day. You then would start by cleaning the rooms that have checked out. Once those rooms are finished, you would check on the guests that are staying another night to see if they need anything refilled and such. At the end of the – more... day, you restock your cart, sign out, and head home.
I learned a lot of great tricks to get a hotel room cleaned faster.
Management at The Best Western Sicamous Inn was fantastic. They were both great and really cared about us as people, not just as staff.
My co-workers were very friendly, and great people to work with. They helped a lot throughout my learning process.
The hardest part of the job was dealing with the heat in the summertime.
The most enjoyable part of the job was interacting with guests and other staff, and when guests would leave thank you notes, and you could write them a note back if they were staying another night. – less
customer oriented company allows you to bring out the best part in you
Front desk supervisor,,event planning, Bookings . (Former Employee), OntarioJanuary 23, 2013
Pros: free lunch
A typical day at work is one which is customer all the time.

I learn to always bring out the best part in me to my job no matter the situation.

The management team encouraged communication and flexibility.

My co-workers were friendly and supportive.

I did not find any aspect of the job hard because I loved what I was doing.

The most enjoyable part – more... of the job was attending to customers and making sure their satisfaction is not compromised. – less
All & All well learning place to work.
Breakfast and lunch specialist (Former Employee), Invermere B.C.December 11, 2012
Pros: nice place to work.
Cons: none.
Fast paced,timeing,reasonable,getting along with management,nice place to work.
How a housekeeper works
House Keeper (Former Employee), Campbell River, BCNovember 9, 2012
Pros: i enjoyed the work
Cons: the work was physically hard
A typical day at work: We would have a short meeting in the morning, assigning rooms and explaining any special circumstances. Then we would go around to our rooms opening the doors and windows to air out the room, taking the laundry out to bring to the laundry room at lunch, and checking to see if there are any leftover items in the room. Then we would – more... clean the bathrooom, including the bathtub, shower walls, floor, sink, and counter area, ensuring no hairs were left and every faucet was shiny. Wipe down every surface in the room, and clean any and all mirrors. At lunch we would drop off the laundry and pick up any linens we need. After lunch we make the beds and arrange the towels in the rooms. Stock the room full of the items it needs, and then take a final walkthrough. The hotel had a breakfast bar which was stocked and opened every morning, the responsibility rotating through the staff. When you were assigned it you cleaned the floors and tables, and tidied the room. Re-stocked all the items including cereal, milk, juice, sugars etc. Arrange the daily pastries and take a final walkthrough before opening. The hotel also had a pool, work out room, and barbeque area that was also on rotating shifts. You would clean the bathrooms in the pool, as explained earllier. Vacuum and wipe down every machine in the work out area. Clean the tables and take out the garbage in the barbeque area.

I learned about the procedures a hotel uses for cleaning, and how to be a housekeeper. The management was friendly and fair. My co-workers were enjoyable and easy to work with.

The hardest part of the job was making the beds, especially the bottom sheet, especially when the bed was pushed into a corner. The most enjoyable part of the job was stocking it and seeing the final product. – less
Healthy working conditions with good benefits
First cook (Current Employee), Richmond, BCNovember 3, 2012
Pros: nice and healthy staff meals.
Cons: every body works under normal healthy environment.work is ot paid.
I was doing breakfast and it was very buisy. Fire alarms sounds and
every body panic. Since I had done 6 months fire fighting training.
All the heaters, ranges and exaust were closed and I rush to the front office for help. I helped the old people to come down. I knock on
every room of the third floor and made sure no body is inside. When the fire fighting – more... crew arrived answered their questions. Most of the people were in the hotel lobby I tried to explain them the security comes for them first. Finally it was a false alarm.
The food service was resumed within 45 mins, – less
Good place to work.
Bookkeeper (Current Employee), Bookkeeper/Office Administrator/Front Desk AgentOctober 16, 2012
Pros: good family people
Cons: low wage/no benefits
Management holds a professional approach to workers and customers.
I enjoyed working at the Best Western, it was a great learning experience
Housekeeping and laundry attendant (Former Employee), Jasper, ABSeptember 18, 2012
Pros: free food from the restaurant, cheap rafting trips, cheap tours around town
Cons: didnt't pay enough
The Best Western was a great employer, the people i worked with where very friendly and i enjoyed working with them. The job was hard because i had to carry 50lb laundry bags all day, but it kept me in great shape.The most enjoyable part of my job was meeting a variety of diffrent people, from all over the world.
Also a nice place.
Janitor/Cleaner (Former Employee), Burnaby, BCSeptember 11, 2012
Nice place. Friendly co-workers and a caring, responsible boss.
My favorite work place
Duty Manager (Former Employee), Sherwood Park, ABAugust 17, 2012
Seeing the appreciation on our guest’s faces is the thing I enjoy the most, also seeing a team succeeds and colleagues are all happy knowing together towards a common goal.
good place to work
Front Desk Agent (Former Employee), Calgary, ABApril 25, 2012
checking in / checking out guests, making reservations, helping guests, ansewering phones, fun place to work, nice co-workers.
not a bad place to work
Gift Shop assistant (Former Employee), Crystal River, FLApril 20, 2014
family run. gift shop closed. I learned to be an independent worker.
Nice and Clean
Night Auditor (Former Employee), Greenwood, MSApril 14, 2014
I really liked this job because i was dealing with guest directly . I was the only one working sometimes so it would get kind of boring but i loved it .
Great Place to work
Breakfast Host (Current Employee), Atlanta,Ga.April 1, 2014
Cons: need more hours
Great place to work. Love my job. would like more hours. Management help out a lot. My co-worker are great to with. Would like more hours
Enjoyable work place
Front Desk Clerk (Current Employee), Natchez, MSMarch 31, 2014
Pros: relaxing atmosphere
Cons: low income/ no benefits
I enjoyed working for this hotel. Management was very nice and accommodating. My only complaint would be the pay was very low.
Assistant Executive Housekeeping Manager
Assistant Executive Housekeeping Manager (Former Employee), Miami Beach, FLMarch 14, 2014
Daily operational housekeeping responsibilities in a 253 room property
Responsible for daily job performance of housekeeping employees (average) among room attendants, houseman, public areas, supervisors and laundry staff.
Accountable for training supervisors in opening and night shifts
Excellent on setting next day shift, based on analyzing the forecast – more... showed by the system.
Accountable for training room attendant employees with great skills and qualifications to became housekeeping supervisors
Replace the executive housekeeper and assistant executive housekeeper when they are off, during vacations time or when is needed.
Cooperate with other hotel’s departments (front desk, Maintenance) to provide an excellent member services and a pleasant stay for all the customers.
Provide in a timely manner, requirements from customers with courtesy and respect.
Solve or find the immediately solution to problems or complaint from customers.
Develop special cleaning projects /general inventory / cleaning improvements. – less

1 2 3 4 5