Wage/Salary: Based on experience
Start Date: For immediate hire
Posted Date: August 21, 2014
Apply By: September 5, 2014
Best Cooking Pulses, Inc. (BCP) is a Canadian, family-owned agrifoods business that has been active in the international pulse trade since 1936. 'Best' products include split peas, whole peas, and other pulse crops. At our facility in Rowatt we source, process and split peas and other pulse crops (www.bestcookingpulses.com).
Best Cooking Pulses is a growing company and we are searching for a Full Time Logistics Coordinator to join our team at our Rowatt facility.
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Coordinating inbound logistics with producers and outbound logistics for both domestic and international shipping
- Contract execution, including booking of inland and ocean freight
- Maintain risk management programs, including letters of credit, and ensuring compliance with international trade requirements
- Bookkeeping responsibilities, including processing of accounts receivable statements & collections, and accounts payable
- Office administration duties including reception, and accurate record keeping of producer, vendor and customer records
Skills & Qualifications of an ideal candidate:
- Bachelor degree or diploma in Commerce or Business Administration or equivalent experience
- Strong communication skills and attention to planning, process and detail
- Superior organizational, analytical and problem solving skills
- Strong background in document tracking, logistics, and international trade
- Intermediate skills using Microsoft Excel, Outlook and Word required
- Experience with accounting software is preferred (Sage 50 / Simply Accounting)
- Ability to thrive in a faced-paced, deadline-oriented environment
Best Cooking Pulses offers a dynamic work environment, a competitive salary, and comprehensive benefits package.
Please forward your resume and cover letter by e-mail to jobsATbestcookingpulses.com (Attn: Mike Gallais).